Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - January 27, 2021

MoS

48 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I thought Shanna got cancelled for being a far-right Islamophobe after retweeting French right wingers.

Fuuuuuck.

I had not heard about this. Ok, so I did a search. She did not say anything "islamophobic" per se. However, she tweeted about hermetically closing borders after the terrorists attacks during last fall (including a school teacher that got beheaded, yes, it happened, in the streets of France, and it depressed the hell out of me, it was just before the previous lockdown). And she liked a Tweet by Marine Le Pen... :wacko: Fuuuuuck. Saying stupid stuff about closing borders (which is pretty rich when you were born in Portugal BTW) is something, but retweeting Le Pen is a no-no.

Then again. Pro-wrestlers. Why should I expect anything, in AEW or elsewhere. I still love Jericho the performer... Of course, it hits way closer to home when we're from the same country, as Jericho supporting Trump still is some other part of the world, while anyone supporting Le Pen I feel personally offended (and threatened, somewhat) by. Fuck Shanna, you're Portuguese ! Portugal is pretty much the last left-wing country in Europe and you're a product of immigration ! Be smarter than this ! :(

Wow, thanks for nothing,  I did not need to know that one (then again, probably better off knowing). 2021 has already sucked enough. Next lockdown in a few days too, and maybe harsher than the previous ones.

Ok, so... I guess... Well I guess I should look forward to... something still ?

Yeah, honestly it's pretty disheartening. I've had a rough last couple of days, last week one of my favorite actors of all time (Jean-Pierre Bacri), someone who has made me laugh so much during my life, has died from cancer basically from nowhere, and this had hit me pretty hard (pretty much harder than any celebrity death in ten years). Now like I've said we're on the verge of the third lockdown, which seems unavoidable. More and more idiotic complotists and anti-vax rethoric everywhere (BTW, France is pretty much the most anti-vax country in the world, or at the very least of the Occident,  yeahhhhhh :wacko:), the perspective of the election in 2022 is either more of the same stupid bullshit or Le Pen (aka fascism under a pseudo republicanism cosplay)... At this rate you'll see me reviewing some TNA again soon...

2 hours ago, El-P said:

one of my favorite actors of all time (Jean-Pierre Bacri), someone who has made me laugh so much during my life, has died from cancer basically from nowhere, and this had hit me pretty hard (pretty much harder than any celebrity death in ten years).

I consider myself a pretty big movie buff, and I've never heard of this guy. (I wonder if his films never made it stateside?)

Going to research him now...

Update: The Night Clerk (Avant l'Aube) and Back in Business (Grand froid) are on Amazon Prime streaming (U.S.).

JustWatch.com seems to think Grand froid is also on WWE Network - lol.