Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 02/01 - 02/07 PALMEIRAS IS THE LIBERTADORES DA AMERICA CHAMPION

KawadaSmile

Cesaro is part of that generation that peaked during the monopoly, so either you spent most of your prime time in WWE (Cesaro, Bryan) and by now are basically a lifer, either you were mostly a ROH/TNA guy ending up in WWE past your prime (AJ, Joe).

About Bad Bunny, I see there's a ABRA feat on his latest album, well that alone makes me curious, as I've waited for new ABRA stuff for years now, hopefully she releases some new material in the future.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, rovert said:

Also, he (likely) is operating under a US Visa and needs a WWE or "an office" to sponsor him also. Moving elsewhere promotionally would mean an indeterminate amount of months of moving back home and reapplying to the US on a fingers crossed basis

He's actually had a green card since 2004. That's probably why he was able to spend so much time on the indies.

When I say I'm disappointed to hear that Cesaro has re-signed with WWE it's because I'd like to see him wrestle other talents and do other things in other promotions as I find contemporary main roster WWE stale and barely watchable despite being a fan for over 20 years... not because my main concern is how large his bank balance is or whether he'll be able to pay for his kids' college fees. I've never met Cesaro but he seems like a nice enough chap from the interviews I've heard with him over the years and obviously it's largely irrelevant whether or not he ever has a match with Tomohiro Ishii as long as he's financially secure and happy, but that should have been obvious anyway.

NintendoLogic I've personally kept to Irish restrictions to a tee this last year.

But Florida is basically "open", WWE wrestlers are independent contracts and the WWE hasn't laid out hard and fast rules.

Them cutting Steve Culter is cruel and unfair. But he isn't the difference-maker Ricochet is to AEW. That's Wrestling. End of the day it is a star/rule by exception business. 

IF WWE had a union Cutler might have had an unfair dismissal case but it doesn't so he won't. Will blow over by the weekend.

1 minute ago, rovert said:

But Florida is basically "open", WWE wrestlers are independent contracts and the WWE hasn't laid out hard and fast rules.

It sounded like Vince got pissed at least in part because he supposedly made promises to Roman to convince him to come back. That certainly gave the impression there was some  kind of rule laid out to the talent about being responsible. 

5 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

He's actually had a green card since 2004. That's probably why he was able to spend so much time on the indies.

Also after 16+ years, I would expect he could get the US citizenship if he wants/needs to (I don't know the US citizenship laws, but European countries usually give you that option after at most 10 years living in a country legally, though Switzerland itself is actually one of the weirder cases regarding attaining citizenship (I heard some stories of colleagues who had to jump to several hoops to get there)), both Switzerland and the US allow dual citizenship, so there is not even a downside for him.

8 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

Not only is this idiot partying maskless in a crowded bar and broadcasting it to the world, one of her friends was part of the insurrection at the Capitol.

Garbage company full of garbage people. The hell with all of them.

10/10 reply to that tweet

If you can't re-sign the real Lesnar, I guess this is the next best thing.

He won't be the next big thing going through the Performance Center. I can't wait for the inevitable "he's been training for years but still looks completely green" comment in a future Observer. That is, if he doesn't blow out his knees with hours of forward rolls.

Not only that, but people talking about him being the next Brock Lesnar when he hasn't even begin to train is completely ridiculous. Also, he's a football player, not a wrestler. 

And... I know it's unfair and totally gratuitous, but there's a vibe about how the guy looks... yeah... I won't say more.... he'll probably fit right there in NXT.

Yeah.  This Boudreaux kid could be the next Brock Lesnar...could also be the next Nathan Jones.

I was watching a show from 98' for my blog and it reminded me that, back then, I recall the rumor mill churning with "insider news" that Kurrgan was going to get a monster push, feud with Austin, etc. I think this was spread on RSPW and LordsofPain. Even if it was true that Vince believed Kurrgan had the size and look to be a main event monster, it still requires at least some athletic and emotive performance ability - which Kurrgan did not have - and ultimately the push that everyone assumed would happen actually didn't even come close to happening at any time. He was a lower midcard tag guy. 

So, yeah, its definitely way, way, way early to consider another ex-football player with a big neck to be a shoe-in for the Hall of the Fame. And I think Mojo Rawley would have to agree.

On 2/6/2021 at 2:58 PM, sek69 said:

Also Kacy is quickly becoming one of those people like Ricochet (I know they used to be an item) where it seems like they always seem to find themselves in the vicinity of shitty people.

They have since gotten back together, she was with him at his NYE party that they had pics of up last month.