Pro Wrestling Only

The grand and pathetic journey of the Undertaker at WrestleMania

El-P

On 3/13/2021 at 6:51 AM, Robert S said:

but he bankrupted at least one earlier business he founded

In the 70s, his Cape Cod Buccaneers puck-slidey team folded after a year, the Evel Knievel Snake River Canyon jump bankrupted him and Linda, there was an investment in a concrete or construction company that also bankrupted the pair. He's about as good a businessman as his orange shyster pal. Why do all the shitcunts get all the money? (I probably answered my own question there.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think i saw this mentioned here so:

Taker's first WM opponent was originally supposed to be Tugboat, believe it or not!  They'd been working TVs as a lot of us here know, so it made some sense in that they'd be familiar with each other.  Ultimately i think they backed off that plan once they realized Taker wouldn't be able to Tombstone him - i know they ran Gonzalez & Bundy after that, but that match was specifically supposed to be a showcase for him.  Honestly as blah as the Snuka match was, that switch might've been for the better lol

• 1 year later...

I think the Batista one is probably the best Taker match ever, never mind just Wrestlemania

The spectacle of the Mankind HITC is hard to top but in terms of execution the Batista one is hard to beat. Probably one of my favourite Wrestlemania matches ever, tbh, Bret/Austin the obvious winner

It's quite the irony that by the time he was finally getting the chance to have good matches with better opponents, Taker was already breaking down physically (Dave famously mentioning he had people telling him in 97-98 that they didn't think Taker would last another year).

I recall the WM 26 match being surprisingly sloppy and bad the last time I watched it. From both guys, both in execution and structure. It's also the point to me where he really hit the point of no return in terms of aging and breaking down. I think it probably would have been a good send off point for him to retire with HBK that night. Pretty sure that was the last year he worked a "full" schedule and everything he did after was all smoke and mirrors designed to hide his breakdown.