KawadaSmile

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 2/9/2021 at 11:38 AM, NintendoLogic said:

That's another important point. Edge has been exposed pretty badly by this current run, I think. Not only did his Rumble win not mean a thing for ratings, his appearance on NXT got destroyed head-to-head by the wedding segment on Dynamite. It's almost as if he's relied on smoke and mirrors to get people to care about him his entire career and the notion of him as an all-time legend is a total joke.

I mean, if I were to go just by Twitter reactions, Edge is still popular. It's just that a huge chunk of the people who like him are also cord-cutters so it's not going to reflect in actual ratings. Fans in their 20s remember him from when they were young. I liked The Brood and E&C but largely stopped watching by 2006 when I got to college. I came back in 2010ish but only for Mania and other big shows. By the time I was a weekly viewer again, he was retired. So I missed his reign and am wishing he would go back to posing for the benefit of those with flash photography. People older than me seem to not care and they are the ones reflected in the ratings. If WWE could figure a better metric to judge things by than what the boomers with traditional television like, we might see more interesting things. 

From 411: 

"Fightful Select reports that the meeting took place within the company today with people on the corporate side, and many were told that they would not be getting promotions, raises, or bonuses.According to the report, those involved in the meeting were upset and left with low morale. The meeting did not involve the company’s talent/performers."

Re: Roman. 

He mumbles on his promos. He might be a good promo, but he's not eloquent or clearly-spoken. He certainly doesn't enunciate. 
He's the "Head of the Table" through family violence. And if one of his elders (e.g Dwayne) says otherwise, he'll beat him up too! "Respect me as head of the family or I'll beat the shit out of you" doesn't sit well with me.
Am I reading it wrong? I've never seen "Roman as domestic abuser" discussed anywhere.

Calling Roman a domestic abuser is a bit much. The implication isn't good.

But does he gaslight everyone? Yes. Will he use physical force to get his way? Yeah. Is he manipulating the system? Yep.

When Sika and Afa gave Roman the ula fala necklace at HIAC, it signified that they approved. He's the head of the family table in his elders' eyes. They've woven bits of Samoan culture into the story's origin that gives it depth.

Roman thinks he's doing the right thing. And considering WWE and his own personal history, he may have a point. But he goes about it in the most brazen way possible.

He sometimes lets the façade slip. A facial expression or a moment off-mic to show that good guy Roman is still there. But he's determined to make everyone bend the knee, because he thinks his family will suffer otherwise. He's justifying the means.

Kawada is right--Roman has layers. They're doing a good job of having him as the conduit to bring others into his orbit and give them purpose.

20 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

Considering that they released people during the start of the pandemic, are you surprised?

Kinda......WWE usually takes care of their actual employees and usually only shits on their "independent contractors", so it's a little surprising they are pulling this.

Plus, how much more poor mouthing are they going to do when every quarter they boast about how this is a record setting year in terms of profit. This is beyond cartoon levels of greedy behavior. 

2 hours ago, sek69 said:

Kinda......WWE usually takes care of their actual employees and usually only shits on their "independent contractors", so it's a little surprising they are pulling this.

Not always. Lord Alfred Hayes quit back in 1995 after they tried to cut his pay. 

6 hours ago, sek69 said:

Plus, how much more poor mouthing are they going to do when every quarter they boast about how this is a record setting year in terms of profit. This is beyond cartoon levels of greedy behavior. 

This is how capitalism works. The richest of the riches got even richer during the pandemic, the more you have, the less you give away. Yeah, this is Wall Street "greed is good" complete bullshit mentality, it's pathetic. Vince is gonna die a very, very rich man. He'll get to be the richest guy in the cemetary. Clap clap clap.

So according to fightful, wwe signed blake Christian and taya valkayrie. Taya isn't too shocking since she's 38 and her husband is in wwe. Blake is interesting since I thought he was in New japan and had been working impact recently. I guess he got a big money offer. Plus he moved to orlando with his GF who is already in NXT.

1 hour ago, Tim Evans said:

So according to fightful, wwe signed blake Christian and taya valkayrie. Taya isn't too shocking since she's 38 and her husband is in wwe. Blake is interesting since I thought he was in New japan and had been working impact recently. I guess he got a big money offer. Plus he moved to orlando with his GF who is already in NXT.

Who's Blake Christian's girlfriend?

This women's tag match has been a real mess at times but they are working their ass off and it is kind of expected in a Shotzi match.  Kai and Raquel was the right winner as it is clear that Gonzalez is going to get a Rhea Ripley like push this year

Also kind of like that NXT is now using a ramp.   Not sure if that is a Takeover thing or a full time thing