Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - February 10, 2021

MoS

The Observer says the rotator cuff tear is in his left arm. In that case, he can probably get away with spending the bulk of the match on the apron and mainly sticking to punches when he's in. Even before the injury, I figure the plan all along was to have the women work most of the way and throw in enough sports entertainment gaga to make it entertaining or at least watchable.

Wow. They really have been killing it with TV main event since the start of the year. This was all I expected to be and then some. Actually, much better than I expected to be. There's a poetic justice to see KENTA here, after his hurtful NXT stint a few years ago. So much greatness in that match, the best insane brawl I've seen in a while. I also want to see Omega vs Archer now. 

Crazy to think that in a few months span, AEW Dynamite displayed the NWA women title, the IMPACT tag team titles and the NJPW US title.

Sammy Guevarra shouting "You're recording me ?!" was funny as hell. Hey, Sammy, you actually brought a cameraman to feature this conversation on live TV. :lol: They should play it as Sammy was just looking for a reason to punch MJF ! But anyway, Sammy leaving and turning babyface is opening a lot of excellent stuff.

On the minor stuff, it was interesting how they had Lee Johnson not credit QT Marshall for his training, as he looked pretty "WTF is this ?". Nice little teacher/student feud incoming there.

Leila Hirsh going all Kurt Angle and doing a bunch of moonsaults and shit endears herself to me even more than she was before. She's green still, but I already enjoy to watch her a lot, tons of potential. Despite some rough spots, quite a good match thanks to Rosa. That women's tournament really is what the division needed, something simple and focused with good workers.

I have seen enough of the Acclaim for now, thanks...

Janela vs Allin was a very good opener I thought, despite not going at all for a crazy-as match, which they can do in the future. I wish they'd push Janela/Kiss instead of you know who, much better in every aspect. 

Odds that Sting is gonna get interrupted after one sentence next week ?:P I mean, good for him, he'll probably get a nice cinematic matches, but his weeky appearances have been diminishing returns AF, especially since he basically does the same thing every week, that is, nothing. I mean, the guy is 60 years old and hurt (thanks Rollins), he's not gonna bump around, so what do you do ? I wish they'd only have him on small doses, but what the hell.

Hangman Page has to be the most sympathetic character in all pro-wrestling today. Loving every of his appearance and interactions.

I could not care less about that Shaq match. It has been cursed from the beginning with bad promos, bad angles, there's no reason for it anyway (I mean really). I understand why they try to do, but AEW is best when they cater to the hardcore audience. Get this out of the way already and have Cody do something interesting again.

If Cody cant wrestle the match, since they are already working with other promotions, it would be funny if they also made a deal with ROH to bring in Mark Briscoe. Because, then they could bill the match as the ultimate test of which is the better fighting style, Shaq Fu or Redneck Kung Fu.