Pro Wrestling Only

1981 Project Suggestions and Chatter

Dr. Dunk

1 minute ago, LowBlowPodcast said:

What are we thinking for a start date for shows?

I was also going to see if it would be okay to do a rotating jobber list for my roster? I've got about 6-8 guys who I would use for a month of tv and then move on to others the next month to keep things fresh?

I was thinking mid-Feb in the game and in real life. I want to make sure everything was updated. You can do a rotating jobber list if you want to.

Here is a list of the loops that each promotion ran during 1981. You can mix it up anyway you want to.

Maple Leaf Wrestling:
Wrestlingdata.com - The World's Largest Wrestling Database

Mid-Atlantic Wrestling:

Mid-South Wrestling:

Stampede Wrestling:

World Class Championship Wrestling:

In Maple Leaf Wrestling the main championship will be the NWA Canadian Heavyweight Championship. The Champion at the time of my first show will be Big John Studd.

Maple Leaf Wrestling will also recognize the NWA International Tag Team Championship. These titles will be vacant, with a tournament scheduled to fill the belts.

Maple Leaf Wrestling will also have the NWA Canadian Television Championship. The Champion as of the first show is Dino Bravo.

I've found various results from Fritz trying to invade Blanchard's territory and try and fill the void left behind by the death of the Amarillo territory during this time. So I'll be adding that and running with two crews, east and west. Other than who is on which crew, I've no idea what I'm doing yet outside of my von Erich Program. I guess that's all that counts anyway.

6 hours ago, LowBlowPodcast said:

I've got my first show ready to go.  When are we good to post? I have it dated for tomorrow.

1338863303_MSWNorthAmerican.jpg.1e4f8fe7f4f3aa8785f130cff645a34f.jpg

Mid South North American - The Grappler

MidSouthTag.jpg.f2f837ac317f9602f90e3c898f6f201e.jpg

Mid South Tag Team - Ernie Ladd & Leroy Brown

Louisiana.jpg.4b09d3148c10a58d473e1f2f1e551218.jpg

Mid South Louisiana Championship - Ernie Ladd

You can post it tomorrow since it's ready.

1 hour ago, BRobb123 said:

I've found various results from Fritz trying to invade Blanchard's territory and try and fill the void left behind by the death of the Amarillo territory during this time. So I'll be adding that and running with two crews, east and west. Other than who is on which crew, I've no idea what I'm doing yet outside of my von Erich Program. I guess that's all that counts anyway.

That's fine, but if someone comes in and wants SWCW, then you will have to share Blanchard's towns or let that person have them. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Dunk said:

That's fine, but if someone comes in and wants SWCW, then you will have to share Blanchard's towns or let that person have them. 

The only actual crossover that I can tell is San Antonio, in a different building and different night, so I don’t think it should become an issue.

I find myself putting together the next couple of weeks of shows and I continue to find myself booking tag team matches. One thing I'd like to do with Mid South is almost make that the focal point for the promotion with the singles titles being second tier in some respects. Even going back to look at the results... the tag title scene was the main events of Mid South during this era before they really transitioned in 83 on. It is interesting to take what happened in real life, mix in a lot of the same pieces and some different pieces, and then create something that is hopefully enjoyable to read and follows the formula that worked with this promotion.

1 hour ago, LowBlowPodcast said:

I find myself putting together the next couple of weeks of shows and I continue to find myself booking tag team matches. One thing I'd like to do with Mid South is almost make that the focal point for the promotion with the singles titles being second tier in some respects. Even going back to look at the results... the tag title scene was the main events of Mid South during this era before they really transitioned in 83 on. It is interesting to take what happened in real life, mix in a lot of the same pieces and some different pieces, and then create something that is hopefully enjoyable to read and follows the formula that worked with this promotion.

Mid-Atlantic for years was known as a Tag Team Territory. 

Most challenging thing for me so far is building that Mid-Heavyweight division for Stampede, as it is something that I'm not as familiar about as for the Heavyweight & tag team division so I'm gonna try to make it interesting and exciting as well while being on the lookout to improve that division over time!

5 hours ago, SirEdger said:

Most challenging thing for me so far is building that Mid-Heavyweight division for Stampede, as it is something that I'm not as familiar about as for the Heavyweight & tag team division so I'm gonna try to make it interesting and exciting as well while being on the lookout to improve that division over time!

That's what makes this the most exciting part of doing things like this.