Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
BRobb123

Big Time Wrestling (Texas) 1981 (updated with results from 3/15 - 3/21)

3/15

Fort Worth, TX

Will Rogers Coliseum

Texas Tag Champions Kerry von Erich & Bruiser Brody defeated Mark Lewin & the Spoiler (w/Gary Hart) when Kerry pinned Lewin

Kevin & David von Erich fought Jimmy Snuka & Paul Orndorff to a no-contest when the match got too out of control and was thrown out

The Magnificent Muraco (w/Skandor Akbar) defeated Brian Blair

Rick Martel defeated Killer Brooks

Jim Duggan defeated Brad Armstrong

El Paso, TX

Civic Center

Chavo Guerrero & Mil Mascaras defeated the Dynamic Duo (Gino Hernandez & Tully Blanchard) when Chavo pinned Blanchard

Terry Funk & Ted Dibiase defeated the Sheepherders (Butch Miller & Luke Williams) when Funk pinned Miller

Stan Hansen defeated Crusher Blackwell

Tito Santana wrestled Adrian Street to a 20-minute time limit draw

Brass Knuckles Champion Adrian Adonis (w/James J. Dillon) defeated Ciclon Negro in a non-title match

3/16

Odessa, TX

Ector County Coliseum

Terry Funk & Ted Dibiase defeated the Sheepherders (Butch Miller & Luke Williams) when Funk pinned Miller

The Dynamic Duo (Gino Hernandez & Tully Blanchard) defeated Mil Mascaras & Tito Santana when Gino pinned Tito

Chavo Guerrero wrestled Adrian Street to a 20-minute time limit draw

Brass Knuckles Champion Adrian Adonis (w/James J. Dillon) defeated Ciclon Negro in a non-title match

3/17

Lawton, OK

Great Plains Coliseum

Texas Tag Champions Kerry von Erich & Bruiser Brody defeated Mark Lewin & the Spoiler (w/Gary Hart) when Kerry pinned Lewin

Jimmy Snuka & Paul Orndorff defeated Kevin & David von Erich when Snuka pinned David

The Magnificent Muraco (w/Skandor Akbar) defeated Brad Armstrong

Brian Blair defeated Jim Duggan

Lubbock, TX

Fair Park Coliseum

The Dynamic Duo (Gino Hernandez & Tully Blanchard) defeated Mil Mascaras & Tito Santana when Gino pinned Tito

Brass Knuckles Champion Adrian Adonis (w/James J. Dillon) defeated Ciclon Negro in a non-title match

3/18

Amarillo, TX

Amarillo Sports Arena

Taped for television

Terry Funk & Ted Dibiase fought the Sheepherders (Butch Miller & Luke Williams) to a no contest when the match got too out of control and was thrown out

The Dynamic Duo (Gino Hernandez & Tully Blanchard) defeated Mil Mascaras & Tito Santana when Gino pinned Tito after hitting him with a foreign object

Stan Hansen defeated Crusher Blackwell after avoiding a dropkick, then hitting a western lariat (highlights and finish shown)

Chavo Guerrero wrestled Adrian Street to a 20-minute time limit draw (highlights and finish shown)

Brass Knuckles Champion Adrian Adonis (w/James J. Dillon) defeated Ciclon Negro in a non-title match with a sleeperhold (highlights and finish shown)

3/19

Dallas, TX

Sportatorium

Taped for television

Texas Tag Champions Kerry von Erich & Bruiser Brody defeated Mark Lewin & the Spoiler (w/Gary Hart) when Kerry pinned Lewin after intercepting and using an object thrown by Hart

Kevin & David von Erich fought Jimmy Snuka & Paul Orndorff to a no-contest when the match got too out of control and was thrown out

The Magnificent Muraco (w/Skandor Akbar) defeated Brad Armstrong with an Asiatic spike

Brian Blair defeated Killer Brooks with an inside toehold cradle (highlights and finish shown)

Rick Martel defeated Jim Duggan with a top-rope bodypress (highlights and finish shown)

Abilene, TX

Taylor County Coliseum

3/20

Austin, TX

City Coliseum

Texas Tag Champions Kerry von Erich & Bruiser Brody defeated Mark Lewin & the Spoiler (w/Gary Hart) when Kerry pinned Lewin

Jimmy Snuka & Paul Orndorff defeated Kevin & David von Erich when Snuka pinned David

Big Daddy Bundy defeated Brad Armstrong

3/21

San Antonio, TX

Hemisfair Arena

Big Daddy Bundy defeated Brad Armstrong

Man, there are some solid cards on that loop. Kerry Von Erich & Bruiser Brody as Texas Tag Champs will be very tough to beat!

1 hour ago, Dr. Dunk said:

what date did your champions win the belts?

Uh, who knows, they just started out that way? I can make up dates. Also, David is the Texas Heavyweight Champion. He was just in tags this week to help set up Snuka and Orndorff.

26 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

Just check their wiki and go along with this if you wanna stay as close as possible to the real thing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Class_Championship_Wrestling#Championships

Yeah, that's how I landed on David, who is my least favorite Von Erich. Oh well. The others, I couldn't just name with champs out of the territory, and I didn't want to immediately have tournaments, so BAM! champs appeared out of thin air.

Interesting! And yet, many consider David to have been the best out of the Von Erichs, which of course, we never had the opportunity to find out because of his tragic passing.

57 minutes ago, BRobb123 said:

Uh, who knows, they just started out that way? I can make up dates. Also, David is the Texas Heavyweight Champion. He was just in tags this week to help set up Snuka and Orndorff.

I checked on wrestlingdata and got The Texas & the Tag belts and the brass knuckles started on 3/13/81.

A ton of fun cards....I like all the tag matches and I always marked out for Brody and Kerry... such a fun mega team. I am hoping to see more from Gino and Tully along the way.  Also going to be interesting to see where David and Kevin fit in the scheme of everything. I don't know as much about the Von Erichs at this point in 1980 so its fun to see how you're using them.

Great results.  I especially would have loved to have seen Snuka & Orndorff vs. The Von Erich Brothers.  The thought of Paul Orndorff in his prime mixing it up with Kerry is very appealing. Now that's fantasy booking.

4 hours ago, BRobb123 said:

Hey all, work was crappy the last week. I’ll be looking to get caught up in the next couple of days!

no problem.