Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 02/15 - 02/21 Break the Capitol's walls down

KawadaSmile

Just now, William Bologna said:

You're moving the goalposts, because you realize that it's ridiculous to accuse the black guy being a white supremacist for doing the exact same gesture as Wuertz. The OK sign is supposed to be a white supremacist signal, not a QAnon one. They're not synonymous. It is possible for people to have some bad ideas without subscribing to all of them.

We have two people in the same line of work wearing the same shirt making the same job-related gesture, but we're to believe that it makes one of them a white supremacist.

I'll also note that while I couldn't imagine counting to three with my middle, ring, and pinky fingers, a majority of the people in that image are doing so. Maybe they don't realize they're QAnon white supremacists.

Yeah it's almost as if context and people's general professed beliefs matter when making such judgments. 

Some people who rush to virtue-signal and defend outspoken racists because they want to appear rational and above partisan finger-pointing don't stop for 2 seconds to think of how ridiculous they are being. The pearl-clutching does get funny though, so that's a silver lining

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You seem really invested in this for some reason.

I'm not trying to move any goalposts here, I (and a lot of other people) are simply pointing out someone who has previously posted racist beliefs (he's supported the Proud Boys before) made a hand gesture widely seen as racist. That's really the extent here. Anything else smacks of whataboutism.

Wait, so this universal sign that means "it's ok" is now a white supremacist thing ? Wow, I learned something. 

The way the other ref are doing it look like they are part of the Triple Threat.

But BTW, with Drake's beliefs well known at this point, are all the other refs on this pics complete idiots or complete hypocrites ? I mean, it has to be one of the other...

1 minute ago, El-P said:

Wait, so this universal sign that means "it's ok" is now a white supremacist thing ? Wow, I learned something. 

It's a long, complicated, moronic story. One full of dog whistles. Even glass of milk emojis went the same route. I guess the idea really is to make people go "hey how is this innocuous gesture going to evoke racist feelings"

but hey it's like the middle finger in pro wrestling. mundane gesture but it will allude to Cold Stone! gotta keep it pwo

America truly is a foreign country, even though I live in the unofficial 51st state. Everyone's pulling in a different direction.

Wuertz as "white supremacist so embarrassed by his own skin colour he uses spray-on tan to make himself darker" falls under tragi-comic bizarro-land shit. You'd think he'd be avoiding direct sunlight with Seamus and Paige.

6 minutes ago, Dav'oh said:

America truly is a foreign country, even though I live in the unofficial 51st state. Everyone's pulling in a different direction.

Wuertz as "white supremacist so embarrassed by his own skin colour he uses spray-on tan to make himself darker" falls under tragi-comic bizarro-land shit. You'd think he'd be avoiding direct sunlight with Seamus and Paige.

He learned from the best, brother.

2 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Apparently, KOR had a seizure after today's NXT. Scary shit.

UPDATE: That was a work. It was supposed to be a stretcher job to sell Adam Cole's attack but people got freaked out at Kyle's selling because of his diabetes & everything. They thought it was legit.

6 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Also holy shit, Nattie is subtweeting and subinstagramming over one of those "Build your team with 15$" posts. Even Zack Ryder weighed in on the issue. Terrible look.

Several of the women are pissed off about it, Liv Morgan and Peyton Royce as well. I don't think they would normally care if this was fan made content, but this one was apparently put out by the WWE on Fox Twitter account, so the women who were ranked as being worth 1 and 2 dollars are feeling slighted.

Alvarez on the F4W board:

People at ringside insist he was KO'd. I know people who work there who believe it was legit. They had the legit medical staff out there which they do not normally do for angles. Now, people are being told it was all a work.

I'm not saying it was or was not real, I don't know, but it's not as open and shut as some of you are making it out to be.

So if it is a work, they're working the boys as well. And that always works out so well.

17 hours ago, El-P said:

When I read the description before looking at the picture (a racist hand sign involving three fingers), I expected him to use the Kühnen salute. But I suppose that is only a thing in countries where using the Hitler salute is a criminal offence.

Thank you so much, @MoS, @Blehschmidt@The Thread Killer, and @sek69 - I really appreciate you coming to my defense. 

I realized it was not worth it responding to someone who openly admits he doesn't care if a wrestler is a killer or rapist. There is no reasoning or common ground with that kind of thinking, so I'm not even going to try. 

12 minutes ago, C.S. said:

I realized it was not worth it responding to someone who openly admits he doesn't care if a wrestler is a killer or rapist. There is no reasoning or common ground with that kind of thinking, so I'm not even going to try. 

His trolling has been reported several times over the last few days.

If I knew who to report it too, I would be happy too as well. This isn't the first time it's happened either, he seems to pop up randomly about once a month, spew some stupid shit, and then disappear until the next time.

and no worries @C.S., I know you and I have had differences of opinion on wrestling based topics, but when it comes to this kind of stupidity, I will stand beside you any day of the week.