Pro Wrestling Only

2026 Ideas

Grimmas

2 hours ago, strobogo said:

What do you do with guys who don't have a long list of 5 star matches, but their performances are always 5 stars? Or how do you weigh guys like Regal and Arn who are clearly great but whose roles didn't necessarily  give them big show case matches like Flair or Jumbo or what have you?

They likely rank top 50 or better because their inputs are so exceptional and they are so consistent with their output despite not being headline acts with too many main event 5* classics. At least they will on my list.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, strobogo said:

What do you do with guys who don't have a long list of 5 star matches, but their performances are always 5 stars? Or how do you weigh guys like Regal and Arn who are clearly great but whose roles didn't necessarily  give them big show case matches like Flair or Jumbo or what have you?

Stan Hansen is my working #2 despite this very thing. Compared to someone like Kobashi or Okada, who has a long list of 5 star matches for me, Hansen's individual case is how he approaches wrestling. It doesn't always lead to the greatest matches of all time but his performances are so stand out that they don't need to be. 

When I made my first draft of the top 100, it did happen to turn out that mostly all of my top ranking guys were main eventers. Regal still gets his due respect as do many non main eventers though. I guess it just depends on the person and how they approach it. Rank names as you see fit, and amend due to your gut reaction or rank using a formula.