KawadaSmile

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Coffey said:

I wonder if this is going to lead to Miz doing something as WWE Champion with Bad Bunny at Wrestlemania?

I saw a comment on Twitter saying that Bunny could interfere in Miz's match against Drew at Fastlane, setting up a tag match at Wrestlemania.

MizMo vs Bunny and Priest isn't the worst of ideas. Specially if you're trying to give Priest a bump.

Shortest PPV of the modern era?

(Not that I'm complaining!)

6 minutes ago, Coffey said:

I wonder if this is going to lead to Miz doing something as WWE Champion with Bad Bunny at Wrestlemania?

That would actually be a cool idea, but where would that leave John Morrison and Damian Priest?

Feels more like Bad Bunny will cost Miz the title to set up the expected tag team match.

I can't see Bunny in a singles match, much less a main event singles match. 

I'm OK w/ Miz actually because I feel like he's been busting his ass for awhile now & it's like a reward for the effort to me. I don't think he's the best act going or anything but I've found Drew boring as shit, so I'm OK with trying something else. (not that Drew hasn't busted his ass)

To be honest though, just like the six other fucking times they've done it or how ever many times, the brand split is stupid shit. There should be ONE fucking champion. Having multiple is stupid as shit. And that shouldn't be The Miz... or Drew. It's Roman.

I thought the main event was the only worthwhile thing on the show, but it was very good. I thought the Sheamus/Drew showdown was a good payoff, but thought everyone brought something of value. Way better than the first chamber match of the night, which felt laid out by a "Modern WWE" algorithm. 

1 hour ago, Coffey said:

I'm OK w/ Miz actually because I feel like he's been busting his ass for awhile now & it's like a reward for the effort to me. I don't think he's the best act going or anything but I've found Drew boring as shit, so I'm OK with trying something else. (not that Drew hasn't busted his ass)

To be honest though, just like the six other fucking times they've done it or how ever many times, the brand split is stupid shit. There should be ONE fucking champion. Having multiple is stupid as shit. And that shouldn't be The Miz... or Drew. It's Roman.

It's funny that you say that because I was looking back at the promo Edge cut the night after Royal Rumble when he confronted Drew and he pretty much called him a mark without doing so directly. I'm wondering if this isn't as much a Mania program setup for Drew as it is a message that Vince sent to Drew about getting that edge (no pun intended) back that lead to that badass build after he won the Rumble last year.

I'm also glad I'm not the only one thinking that about the brand split either. Said it from the very beginning; as noble their intentions were when it came to use more talents and everything, the reality is that it failed on so many levels. Not because they don't have the talent to make it work but because Vince, Bruce & the gang in creative are too lazy & too complacent to show the patience needed to create the stars the product needs.

45 minutes ago, Stiva said:

When was the last time someone won the title the first time and then didn’t win it again for 10 years, all while remaining in the same promotion?

That's an interesting stat and very telling of what WWE has become over the years. 

I mean, Miz is in a program with an actual mainstream star (I guess), so at least it's "understandable" from that point of view. But really now, the fucking Miz, WWE champion in 2021. Yikes. Talk about go-away heat.