Austin Aries: The Adventures of an Arrogant Asshole

KawadaSmile

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What thread did this hellscape of a topic spring from?

But yeah, Austin Aries is the worst.

Anti-mask, anti-vax, an overrated little geek who thought he was way better as a wrestler (and everything else) than he ever really was. A terrible face and an even worse heel (except in real life).

Just about as useless from both a human being and entertainment standpoint as someone can be. 

9 minutes ago, Rah said:

Writing should have been on the wall for him the moment he did what he did to Christy Hemme. 

In any other industry, that would've been the end of his career.

In sleazy, slimy pro rasslin', it was the precursor to his biggest push and years of success.

24 minutes ago, Rah said:

I'm clearly a lot higher on his work than those here but the dude is a dumpster fire. 

I genuinely liked him as ROH World Champion.. but like with a lot of other wrestlers, the more you find out about them, the less interested you become in ever watching them. Also, Austin Aries is one of the first guys that made me realize how different reality is from what you see on TV. I'm a pretty big man, over 300lbs, over 6' tall & I went to an ROH show & I was legit the biggest dude there. Bigger than even Abyss. Austin Aries legit looked like a fucking child. So I imagine a lot of his bullshit stems from a Napoleon complex as well. 

On the other end of the spectrum, I went to a WWF house show in Evansville, Indiana & saw The Undertaker in person & that man is huge. He even felt bigger to me than The Big Show did.

EuymqAvWQAAKu80?format=jpg&name=small

35 minutes ago, Coffey said:

I genuinely liked him as ROH World Champion.. but like with a lot of other wrestlers, the more you find out about them, the less interested you become in ever watching them. Also, Austin Aries is one of the first guys that made me realize how different reality is from what you see on TV. I'm a pretty big man, over 300lbs, over 6' tall & I went to an ROH show & I was legit the biggest dude there. Bigger than even Abyss. Austin Aries legit looked like a fucking child. So I imagine a lot of his bullshit stems from a Napoleon complex as well. 

On the other end of the spectrum, I went to a WWF house show in Evansville, Indiana & saw The Undertaker in person & that man is huge. He even felt bigger to me than The Big Show did.

For sure. 

Cole, Aries and Taz are all roughly the same size but you'd not really put Taz down as a "child". Body size definitely makes a difference (Cole, for instance) but how you carry yourself is key. Aries, well, looks and acts like an overgrown manbaby.

I was trying to point out the irony of him autographing tinfoil hats but that point makes more sense, yes.

4 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Are we supposed to recognize the other two people in the pic, or are you trying to make the point that Aries is barely taller than a 10-year-old child?

You know, what really is upsetting about that autograph signing is how it's not enough he wants to be stupid,  but he's trying to force anyone who attends to be as stupid as he is. 

Can you imagine being a fan and somehow not being aware of his assholery,  then finding out he expects everyone to get a face full of COVID for the privilege of meeting him? 

These kind of people (anti maskers) are always like RESPECT MY WISHES THIS IS MURICA, but God forbid he respects the wishes of anyone who wants to wear a mask.

Also it should be pointed out he spells it as "v@x" in his Tweets instead of vax in order to get around Twitter's attempts to try to squash anti vax misinfo.

I've gotta say this, Austin Aries was a great worker. Terrific promo, terrific heel, really good babyface too, and honestly what a joy to watch every time inside the ring from what I've seen over the years (in TNA).

But what a complete and utter douche of a human being. And unprofessional to boot, his no-selling of the finish of the Jim Morrisson title match in IMPACT a few years ago is an all-time classic instance of complete assholery (although Johnny's puzzled look was so damn funny it was almost worth it !).

At this point I wouldn't even be surprised if the guy was a flat-earther because "he did a lot of research on that"...

10 hours ago, MoS said:

Re-posting this 

This is the same line of argument employed by the stupidest of creationists. "Evolution? That's just a THEORY, man."

There's an old saying that adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it. This past year has made it clear what pieces of shit some people really are. The people in charge of WWE obviously, but also clowns like Aries and Low Ki. Those two dorks have managed to make themselves completely unemployable on a major league level, and I couldn't be happier.

10 hours ago, PhilTLL said:

Sorry, what? A man in his forties gave a woman a "promise ring?"

Actually, never mind, I'm sure that was the exact same reaction of everyone else who heard about it.

This was back in 2016 or so. I'm trying to find his tweet about the promise ring, tho.

Zelina was crystal clear on never wanting to be associated with him ever again, too. Fun times.

3 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

This is the same line of argument employed by the stupidest of creationists. "Evolution? That's just a THEORY, man."

A couple of months ago, I read the nice line that vaccines are a victim of their own success. When was the last time anyone in a first world country had to worry (or really even think) about polio, diphtheria or smallpox? Any why? Because those diseases were eradicated by vaccines. It's easier being stupid about something you have never experienced being really successful (most stuff children get vaccinated for are diseases no one here has actually seen as, well, the vaccination rate is high enough for herd immunity).

1 hour ago, Robert S said:

A couple of months ago, I read the nice line that vaccines are a victim of their own success. When was the last time anyone in a first world country had to worry (or really even think) about polio, diphtheria or smallpox? Any why? Because those diseases were eradicated by vaccines. It's easier being stupid about something you have never experienced being really successful (most stuff children get vaccinated for are diseases no one here has actually seen as, well, the vaccination rate is high enough for herd immunity).

Reminds me of the whole Y2K issue. There absolutely *was* a real threat that shit would stop working properly when the calendar hit 2000, and a lot of programmers and other computer science type folks worked their asses off to make sure the damage was minimal only to have people (who largely had no idea what the problem really was or what work was needed to prevent it)  turn around and say it was all hype or a hoax and there never was anything to worry about. So yeah, people working to fix a problem often ends up making some people think there was never any problem to begin with. 

49 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

Also, thanks in large part to the anti-vaxxers, measles has seen a major resurgence in recent years after it had been declared eliminated in the US in 2000.

Don't remind me, a cousin of mine did not let her two precious boys getting vaccinated at all (incl. against measles; the comeback is a thing in central Europe as well). Not because she does not believe in vaccines, she just feels that other parents should take that (tiny) risk of vaccines so that her children can surf the herd immunity wave. To counter such egotistical stances, Italy a couple of years ago introduced mandatory vaccinations against something like 10 diseases (not all of them I would agree with, to be honest, vaccinating a child against chickenpox seems to be overkill and rubella as far as I know is only a serious disease if you are a pregnant woman, so vaccinating male children seems to be pretty pointless).

54 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Reminds me of the whole Y2K issue. There absolutely *was* a real threat that shit would stop working properly when the calendar hit 2000, and a lot of programmers and other computer science type folks worked their asses off to make sure the damage was minimal only to have people (who largely had no idea what the problem really was or what work was needed to prevent it)  turn around and say it was all hype or a hoax and there never was anything to worry about. So yeah, people working to fix a problem often ends up making some people think there was never any problem to begin with. 

The same way people are already working for years on fixing the "Year 2038 problem" (time stamps on Unix-like systems (incl. Linux) are relative to 1970-01-01, in lot of places times are stored in seconds since that time and usually a signed 32-bit integer is chosen for that task; in January 2038 that 32-bit integer will run over from its maximum to its minum value and if that happens that time variables jumps back to 1901-12-13).