Austin Aries: The Adventures of an Arrogant Asshole

KawadaSmile

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I use to like Aries and thought he was just a misunderstood at times. His social media posts tell me I was completely wrong. Pro wrestlers really don't understand how to use social media and they have allowed it to impact, what is suppose to be, their business. Imagine losing a booking because you just felt the need to rant about the COVID Hoax" only for a promoter to cancel your booking because that promoter had a family member, friend, or co-worker die because of COVID. Others that are really bad at social media:

-Low Ki

-Alberto "She Has Coke in Her Purse" Del Rio

-Ivelisse "I Don't Know Why I Keep Getting Fired" Velez

-Joey "Not Guilty" Ryan

- Val Venis

- Drake Wuertz

These seem to be the main players. All of them are completely toxic accounts and not worth following. Aries is talented on the stick and in the ring, but he is working overtime to ensure he is unemployed and unemployable. Is there an end-game? Is this all leading to an Aries "Canceled" podcast where he brings in Jimmy Havoc, Joey Ryan, Teddy Hart, etc. to lament and complain about the business being too PC or some bullshit? The behavior has shown to be terrible for his personal and professional life. Seriously, what's the end-game?

Of all the listed above, Val Venis at least seems to have the excuse of CTE. 

Joey Ryan is the most clear wtf are you doing bro of them all. From going dark to returning as a good Christian boy, to then attacking all of his accusers, to talking about all of his co-workers' girlfriends he had affairs with while he's trying to get back into the good graces of the industry, to trying to secretly run a women's benefit show, to then just clipping his Youtube page to be Joey Ryan BOOBPLEXES X with all the thumbnails being him grabbing breasts. I absolutely believe he ends up back in sleazy Japanese indies running a a comedy gimmick as a sexual assaulter that everyone is afraid of.

4 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

Looking back, the highlight of his career was when LayCool was making him wear pink shirts.

The only Low Ki thing I have seen (or heard) that would have made me think he might be a fun guy to have a talk with was a clip from the NOAH Christmas musical (or whatever you want to call it), where he has a genuine smile on his face. Apart from that, we are talking about a guy who was fired from every wrestling promotion on this planet at least once (from many multiple times), once being literally carried and thrown out of the building.

12 minutes ago, strobogo said:

Low Ki's "I'll expose my immune system and build an immunity" is less annoying and stupid than "Veganism will protect me", I guess. 

A lot of people sadly think the way Low-Ki does.

Aries is his own brand of crazy arrogance.  

3 hours ago, fakeplastictrees said:

I use to like Aries and thought he was just a misunderstood at times. His social media posts tell me I was completely wrong. Pro wrestlers really don't understand how to use social media and they have allowed it to impact, what is suppose to be, their business. Imagine losing a booking because you just felt the need to rant about the COVID Hoax" only for a promoter to cancel your booking because that promoter had a family member, friend, or co-worker die because of COVID. Others that are really bad at social media:

-Low Ki

-Alberto "She Has Coke in Her Purse" Del Rio

-Ivelisse "I Don't Know Why I Keep Getting Fired" Velez

-Joey "Not Guilty" Ryan

- Val Venis

- Drake Wuertz

These seem to be the main players. All of them are completely toxic accounts and not worth following. Aries is talented on the stick and in the ring, but he is working overtime to ensure he is unemployed and unemployable. Is there an end-game? Is this all leading to an Aries "Canceled" podcast where he brings in Jimmy Havoc, Joey Ryan, Teddy Hart, etc. to lament and complain about the business being too PC or some bullshit? The behavior has shown to be terrible for his personal and professional life. Seriously, what's the end-game?

Ivelisse doesn't tweet crazy conspiracy shit or try to push insane opinions on people. Yeah, she most likely has a bad attitude that costs her jobs everywhere she goes, but that doesn't put her in the same category as the rest of those fucktwits.

15 hours ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

Aries is twice the worker Low-Ki is. 

No. Just no. Low Ki is one of those rare instances where despite being small in stature in having no real athletic background, everybody bought into him being a legit tough guy based solely on the way he worked and carried himself. I don't think anybody ever bought into anything Aries did. 

Everybody bought into Low-Ki, but you don't think anybody bought into AriesWell, I guess I must be the exception that proves the rule then. 

Aries was a way more rounded performer than Ki, could pretty much do it all in the ring from fiery underdog to asshole heel, all of his shit looked good and he was really good at building to and mixing up his big spots. Low-Ki was good at what he did I guess though I was never particularly impressed with him, but Aries was legit one of the best US workers of the last 20 years. Piece of shit human being, but great worker.

I never once saw Low Ki and thought he could legit kick anyone's ass. My legit first thought when I saw Low Ki back in the early 2000s was that he wouldn't have been able to make a high school football team. That being said, as I don't think real life toughness ultimately matters in pro wrestling, especially nowadays, he had some pretty good matches that I was a fan of. Similar to Austin Aries. I thought they were both pretty good workers & was a fan of them both in Ring of Honor. They also share some similarities for me there as well, as post Ring of Honor, I wasn't a big fan of either.

I think the common denominator here is that early Ring of Honor, outside of like Xavier, was really good.

LowKi was involved in a few of the hands-down best and most memorable matches of the 00s. Aries was a very good overall worker. Neither man is a legit tough guy, both are fucking idiots, and the pro/con comparisons deserve their own thread. 

(And Ki was better because of Ki/Dragon and Ki/Necro.)

2 hours ago, Laz said:

LowKi was involved in a few of the hands-down best and most memorable matches of the 00s. Aries was a very good overall worker. Neither man is a legit tough guy, both are fucking idiots, and the pro/con comparisons deserve their own thread. 

(And Ki was better because of Ki/Dragon and Ki/Necro.)

Done!

Battle of the Tough Guys: No Holds Barred II - Austin Aries vs. Low-Ki

9 hours ago, Coffey said:

I never once saw Low Ki and thought he could legit kick anyone's ass. My legit first thought when I saw Low Ki back in the early 2000s was that he wouldn't have been able to make a high school football team. That being said, as I don't think real life toughness ultimately matters in pro wrestling, especially nowadays, he had some pretty good matches that I was a fan of. Similar to Austin Aries. I thought they were both pretty good workers & was a fan of them both in Ring of Honor. They also share some similarities for me there as well, as post Ring of Honor, I wasn't a big fan of either.

I think the common denominator here is that early Ring of Honor, outside of like Xavier, was really good.

Dude I met Low Ki at an ECWA meet and greet in 02 and was flat out intimidated by the way he carried himself. Oh by the way I was a 6'2" 255 pound 16 year old 3 sport athlete varsity athlete and part time juvenile delinquent. The bass in his voice, firm handshake, straight posture and slightly dickish demeanor all scared the shit out of me despite his small stature. He just carried it like that. So for somebody to say they didn't buy into to him I just don't understand.  

1 hour ago, Infinit said:

Low Ki always seemed like someone trying way to hard to portray a tough guy to me.

Correct. As a grown man I'd see through that. As a kid however I bought into it. He truly was always working the gimmick. Just as I really bought into Sandman being a drunk or Taz being a shooter or Raven being screwed up. With Aries I don't know if there was even a gimmick to work unless that's what his rants are twitter are supposed to be. 

5 hours ago, Rah said:

Aight, I'm calling BS on this one. 

You've never met or seen somebody who just carries themselves like they could hurt people? Just their posture and mannerisms give off a vibe? For example on the podcast circuit Jocko Willink, just his body language and posture alone tell you he's a dangerous man. That's the way Low Ki was. Even though he was 5'7" 150 pounds with nothing to back it up. 

13 minutes ago, joeg said:

You've never met or seen somebody who just carries themselves like they could hurt people? Just their posture and mannerisms give off a vibe? For example on the podcast circuit Jocko Willink, just his body language alone tell you he's a dangerous man. 

Oh, sure, I get that, I just jokingly commented on his stature. The guy walks around like he has severe osteoporosis. 

1 hour ago, joeg said:

Correct. As a grown man I'd see through that. As a kid however I bought into it. He truly was always working the gimmick.  Just as I really bought into Sandman being a drunk or Taz being a shooter or Raven being screwed up.

I am 40 and still buy into two of those three things.

12 hours ago, joeg said:

Dude I met Low Ki at an ECWA meet and greet in 02 and was flat out intimidated by the way he carried himself. Oh by the way I was a 6'2" 255 pound 16 year old 3 sport athlete varsity athlete and part time juvenile delinquent. The bass in his voice, firm handshake, straight posture and slightly dickish demeanor all scared the shit out of me despite his small stature. He just carried it like that. So for somebody to say they didn't buy into to him I just don't understand.  

No worker handshake? What a mark.

Honestly, the "I have a strong immune system so don't need to worry about anything" argument you see from COVID-skeptics/deniers and anti-vaxxers might be their dumbest talking point, which is really saying something. Yes, the elderly are more susceptible but this is a novel coronavirus that has shown to affect everyone and you can't predict how you will response to it, no manner how "healthy" you are. In fact, an immune system overreaction is a serious concern as a triggered cytokine storm will likely kill you. Not to mention long-term effects, particularly pulmonary fibrosis.

Anyways, this is just me shouting into the wind but the fact that there is still so much ignorant resistance is quite sad.