Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 02/22 - 02/28 I CAME TO PLAY

KawadaSmile

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the plan is still to go back to having live crowds after Mania. It will be interesting to see how people react after WWE got to be able control reactions for over a year. 

I'm sure there will be a brief honeymoon period where everyone will just be happy to be back, but it's really going to be interesting to see how reality will match up with what WWE has attempted to create. 

Honestly, I'd be surprised if live crowds are a regular thing after Mania. I think the only reason they're doing is because it's Wrestlemania. Obviously, I'm sure they can't wait to get live crowds on a regular basis again but I don't think Vince will be in any hurry to go back to live crowds until a) he can safely bring them back regularly and b) WWE can be assured of securing enough venues on a live touring schedule.

Maybe a compromise would be to try with Full Sail at first? See how many fans they can bring back safely and then grow from there?

7 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

Rick Steiner's kid is part of the recent group of PC signees. I can't wait for him to debut on NXT as Rogan Stewart. That is, if he doesn't blow out his knees doing forward rolls for three years while having worse fundamentals than someone who trains for two weeks at the Nightmare Factory.

Think of how spectacular the Frankenstewart will be!

7 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

Rick Steiner's kid is part of the recent group of PC signees. I can't wait for him to debut on NXT as Rogan Stewart. That is, if he doesn't blow out his knees doing forward rolls for three years while having worse fundamentals than someone who trains for two weeks at the Nightmare Factory.

Also if this leads to Rick making an appearance in NXT to toss fools around it'll be worth it IMO. 

3 hours ago, sek69 said:

PROPERTY OF WWE PERFORMANCE CENTER

Of course, sportsmen have been cattle since sportsmen were invented; you can't tag their ears so it's the next best thing. 

4 hours ago, sek69 said:

It's like they are low key bragging "these are our new playthings"

From the fed's perspective, yes (you could even drop the "new playthings").
From another perspective, it's like the wrestlers are bragging, ""I'm not even Vince's bitch. I'm one of Vince's bitches' bitches."

(How long before a signee meets Vince? Could you be signed, then cut a year or two later without ever meeting him?)

On 2/24/2021 at 10:20 PM, sek69 said:

I would doubt most NXT signees ever meet Vince until they land on the main roster.  Maybe the big name signees do, but I would suspect most only deal with the NXT office.

I bet this adds to the all-powerful mystique of Vince McMahon as well. These people hear all of these stories & then even when they're within the WWE walls he feels like the all-seeing but ever-elusive entity where as the road agents & what not can just invoke his name to steer the underlings.

"Vince wants us to go in a different direction" said the suit to the talent without ever actually heard anything from Vince.

There's no way that doesn't happen.

Ironic that Rick Steiner's son chose to sign with WWE when neither his father nor his uncle were ever truly successful there. Yes, a couple of inconsequential Tag Team Title reigns, but you can't say WWE ever came close to making the most out of what they had in the Steiner Brothers and later Scott Steiner compared to WCW.

13 hours ago, Coffey said:

I bet this adds to the all-powerful mystique of Vince McMahon as well. These people hear all of these stories & then even when they're within the WWE walls he feels like the all-seeing but ever-elusive entity where as the road agents & what not can just invoke his name to steer the underlings.

"Vince wants us to go in a different direction" said the suit to the talent without ever actually heard anything from Vince.

There's no way that doesn't happen.

That's been pretty much confirmed in recent months. Most RAW/SD wrestlers first run their ideas/viewpoints through Prichard. And who knows how much he's relaying back to the actual boss.

A select few--Triple H, Roman, Heyman, Bryan, a couple of others--can bypass Prichard on direct route to Vince with no waiting outside the office.

I think Vince is far too much of a micromanager to allow underlings going into business for themselves to be a regular occurrence. Especially Prichard. He's a yes man who hasn't had an independent or original thought in decades. If he does bottle something up, it's because he knows Vince would never go for it in the first place. There's a reason "Vince loved me but that son of a bitch Johnny Ace" is a running joke. The TTK recap thread has a textbook example from the Mike Chioda shoot interview.