Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 02/22 - 02/28 I CAME TO PLAY

KawadaSmile

6 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

I think Vince is far too much of a micromanager to allow underlings going into business for themselves to be a regular occurrence. Especially Prichard. He's a yes man who hasn't had an independent or original thought in decades. If he does bottle something up, it's because he knows Vince would never go for it in the first place. There's a reason "Vince loved me but that son of a bitch Johnny Ace" is a running joke. The TTK recap thread has a textbook example from the Mike Chioda shoot interview.

I think it's more the underlings (the ones who know how to work the system like Bruce and Hunter) just redirect all the stuff they know Vince won't go for so they don't have to hear about it from him. I seem to recall more than one person who was close enough to be in contact with Vince having a "why the fuck are you bothering me with this" story, 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Well, Apollo Crews is now a great promo. MVP is just a miracle worker.

Fucking great gimmick, too.

If we've had this Apollo Crews from the start in WWE, who knows what he could've accomplished by now.

Felt a lot like closer to Uhaa Nation than anything he did so far in Stamford.

4 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Seth only works as a chickenshit heel. They spent years building that naturally unlikeable fucker as a face. What a waste.

I think WWE just can't book babyfaces.

Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Apollo Crews.

Also, shout out to the black people in WWE because they're killing it lately. WWE might have to use footage of people other than JYD & Ernie Ladd when trying to shamelessly blow themselves during black history month promos in the future. Bianca, Big E., all of The Hurt Business especially MVP & Bobby Lashley, Montez Ford, that Apollo promo, R-Truth is always hilarious, of course Sasha Banks but now Reginald too. So much good stuff from so many talented individuals in the usually pretty cold WWE & I love to see it. MVP has seemingly rejuvenated multiple careers at this point. What a re-hire that turned out to be!

9 hours ago, sek69 said:

Smackdown was good as usual, but these PPVs between the Rumble and Mania feel so useless since you know nothing major is going to happen. Fastlane only exists as a test run for Peacock and nothing happening on the show seems like it will matter at all.

Get used to that. With the sell of the Network to a streaming service, the vanishing of house-show (which was a gift from Covid to WWE anyway), the PPV model is dead and buried, as WWE is just a "content creator" for the streaming machine now. It will emphasize what was already happening with the ridiculous TV fees they were getting after the fox and Saudi deal, which is that they just have to provide whatever content to fill time, they don't need to rely on PPV that make sense or present any exciting match and booking.

Speaking of the Saudi deal, with the diplomatic relationship between Biden and MBS kinda going south, with MBS more or less being now officially designated as responsible for Khashoggi's murder, I wonder what happens with that. Probably nothing in the grand scheme of things, but if there's an episode of Dark SIde of the Ring Vice TV should do, it's this one, now is the time.

22 hours ago, El-P said:

BTW, Blake Christian is part of the new NXT class. Well, he looked really good at the NJ Super J Cup and on IMPACT, but in WWE...

He's signing with his best friend and girlfriend to be fair

On 2/26/2021 at 5:08 AM, C.S. said:

Ironic that Rick Steiner's son chose to sign with WWE when neither his father nor his uncle were ever truly successful there. Yes, a couple of inconsequential Tag Team Title reigns, but you can't say WWE ever came close to making the most out of what they had in the Steiner Brothers and later Scott Steiner compared to WCW.

NXT has Cal Boom too. Wayne Bloom of Beverly Brothers/Minnesota Wrecking Crew fame too.

9 hours ago, Coffey said:

I think WWE just can't book babyfaces.

Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Apollo Crews.

I dunno. I mean, Kevin Owens as a face is light years ahead of his heel tenure, and they spent so long forcing him in that position. Drew, IMO, is also terrific as a face.

I would argue that they take too long to play to a wrestler's strength, or take too long to try new approaches.

11 hours ago, SirEdger said:

If we've had this Apollo Crews from the start in WWE, who knows what he could've accomplished by now.

Felt a lot like closer to Uhaa Nation than anything he did so far in Stamford.

It's honestly a refreshing character with incredible potential as a heel and as a face.