Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - February 24, 2021

MoS

5 hours ago, MoS said:

Fenix v. Archer has the potential to be MOTY 

I'll be watching tonight. When I heard this match was on the show, I got excited.

Honestly, I feel like there's some buzz over The Big Show signing too, if I'm being honest. He's not exactly been lighting pro-wrestling on fire for the last... fuckin, long time... but it was so surprising & shocking, people are shook.

When Moxley was making his entrance I was explaining to my son(3) that Mox was going to fight Kenny Omega later for the championship. He said, “Maybe if he gets his belt back, he won’t be mad all the time.”

My son also keeps saying that Kenny Omega is a teacher because of the school segment last week. 

The Bucks’ dad looks like the dude they pick up on a Law and Order episode and he rats out the big criminal.  “He says we was just doin’ a simple job. We break in, and it’s an easy payday. I didn’t know no lady was gonna be home. I didn’t wanna see no one get hurt, man. I just needed the money!”

Oh shit. He got whacked for sqealin’ to the cops!

The tag match into the video into the return of Sting & Darby Allin, with the zipline entrance up to the Scorpion Death Drop was all really, really sweet. That whole segment was awesome & I miss shit like that. I was glued to my TV the whole time.

Really dig the Varsity Blonds! Glad to see Pillman has found something. He's gotten better. 

11 minutes ago, Coffey said:

The tag match into the video into the return of Sting & Darby Allin, with the zipline entrance up to the Scorpion Death Drop was all really, really sweet. That whole segment was awesome & I miss shit like that. I was glued to my TV the whole time.

Really dig the Varsity Blonds! Glad to see Pillman has found something. He's gotten better. 

That was the best Sting segment since he’s been back. I especially liked the short video that led into it. 

I am beginning to watch the episode right now - your boy had a date which postponed his Wednesday wrestling watch unfortunately, but on the flip side, the date was good, and apparently, she had attended lucha shows in Mexico City during a couple of trips there, so that's always a plus! Might ask her to watch an El Dandy comp if subsequent dates work out well - and I just want to reiterate how fucking cool Mox is. 

How was the entire show in general, good brothers? I honestly feel Dynamite in 2021 has been very hit-or-miss, not nearly as good as they were just 5 months ago 

4 hours ago, Log said:

Did Big Show get bumped to next week or was that what they had announced all along? I didn’t pay attention at the beginning of the show. 

The Big Show segment has always been scheduled for next week. Considering that this show was already taped, unless they had shot a quick taped segment that they could insert into the show, I don't see how they could've had him appear this week.

Absolutely stunned that Britt lost. She is by far the biggest (only?) star in the women's division, the belt needs her. It's the only case in major league American wrestling today where the world title needs someone more than the person needs the world title. Instead, she lost to Nyla and like, when was the last time Nyla was even on Dynamite?

Not stunned that Fenix lost, but still disappointed. He needs to win big singles matches. He is otherworldly great, and definitely can be world champ. So far he is the wrestler of the year for me, this Archer match was tremendous as well

13 minutes ago, MoS said:

Absolutely stunned that Britt lost. She is by far the biggest (only?) star in the women's division, the belt needs her. 

Disagree, the belt has been totally fine on Riho before and Shida is a really good champ too (despite the booking of her feuds being weak). You know Britt is gonna get it eventually anyway, but she's in a heated feud with Thunder Rosa now, so that makes two major angles for the women : the tournament final & Thunder vs Britt. If Britt wins, you only get one. Nyla needed to get some re-building after she lost the belt.

In a way I'm glad Fénix is not gonna do that ladder match, at least we know he'll live another day. He should definitely get a run with a belt sooner than later, and he can do it both as a heel or a babyface.

I agree. Britt seems like she is really becoming better and is a highlight of the show for me. I think she really doesnt need the women's belt and it's better used to get over some of the other women. I like El Ps idea of having at least 2 women's feuds going on in the card at once, one over the title and one around Britt. Plus theres the NWA champ as well right now.

3 hours ago, El-P said:

Disagree, the belt has been totally fine on Riho before and Shida is a really good champ too (despite the booking of her feuds being weak). You know Britt is gonna get it eventually anyway, but she's in a heated feud with Thunder Rosa now, so that makes two major angles for the women : the tournament final & Thunder vs Britt. If Britt wins, you only get one. Nyla needed to get some re-building after she lost the belt.

I am a massive Shida fan, I think she has had excellent matches. I also think people who hate Riho are stupid, cuz not only are her matches great, but she is a proven ratings draw, every match she has had has gained viewers, and during the crowd era, her matches would get increasingly more heat as they progress, which is a surefire shot of a great worker and a box office draw. I just think that, given Britt's excellent segments and promos, she feels like she has a lot more upside than either Riho or Shida, and she can be a great champ and the only one who elevates the women's division to truly another level. It's why I feel the belt needs her. The old-school mentality of the belt going to the most over person

6 minutes ago, MoS said:

The old-school mentality of the belt going to the most over person

By your own admission, Riho has been a proven ratings draw, whereas we don't know about Britt since there aren't really an audience to gauge the in-house reaction. So, Riho should get it back ! B) 

Britt is gonna get it eventually no matter what.