Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 03/01 - 03/07 Lashley please win this title

KawadaSmile

I'll look at the Apollo Crews video later, but an actual person of Nigerian descent speaking with a Nigerian accent (which I'm sure he can do fluently and probably does regularly around his parents and family members) isn't even close to being one of the more problematic things in wrestling. Unless the accent is really bad, this feels like a major overreaction by everyone in this thread.

His previous act was not working at all - smiling babyface with no character who is good at the rasslin' - might get multiple underwear tugs from the ROH/indie fanbase, but there's no way to achieve long-term success in WWE (or even AEW) doing that.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

I thought about Edge taking the fall. You get Bryan as champ and Reigns is protected.

Unless they move Edge to NXT or something, I don't see how they'll have him in a singles match while DB does nothing.

I have a really hard time believing Vince would make Edge take the fall to not only set up a bigger program between DB and Roman, but also cutting Reigns run with the belt, which I think it's been a "success" (kinda hard to say in terms of drawing in 2021, even more so in a pandemic, but ratings wise I think it's done well?).

I'd love to see another Bryan run with the a main title but I'm nto sure it's time to get the belt off Reigns.

And honestly, you know WWE sees Edge vs Roman as a bigger program than Bryan vs Roman.

33 minutes ago, C.S. said:

I'll look at the Apollo Crews video later, but an actual person of Nigerian descent speaking with a Nigerian accent (which I'm sure he can do fluently and probably does regularly around his parents and family members) isn't even close to being one of the more problematic things in wrestling. Unless the accent is really bad, this feels like a major overreaction by everyone in this thread.

His previous act was not working at all - smiling babyface with no character who is good at the rasslin' - might get multiple underwear tugs from the ROH/indie fanbase, but there's no way to achieve long-term success in WWE (or even AEW) doing that.

I mean it's not *bad*, it just comes off like Vince just watched Coming2America. 

To me it was just something that was distracting from what was an amazing gimmick change. 

It is interesting to see someone doing a militant African gimmick in a major pro wrestling fed though, I will say that. Even the Nation didn't get to go that far. 

*edited to add*  I suppose my main concern is this gimmick being done in a place like WWE, which has never been known for handling culturally based gimmicks very well. 

44 minutes ago, sek69 said:

it just comes off like Vince just watched Coming2America. 

Assuming you mean the sequel, if Vince did watch that dire pile of shit, Crews would never leave catering again.

(The original is an all-time classic though!)

16 hours ago, Jmare007 said:

I'd love to see another Bryan run with the a main title but I'm nto sure it's time to get the belt off Reigns.

And honestly, you know WWE sees Edge vs Roman as a bigger program than Bryan vs Roman.

Maybe they'll try to have him win it at Summerslam? To allude to that 2013 victory over Cena, perhaps?

But yeah, I never really cared about Edge, specially when he's trying to be the tough guy facing Roman when that's... not really the thing he was good at. Management somehow always saw "megastar" all over him, so let's just hope they don't fuck this up by him having a needless title reign beating THE BIG DOG