AEW Revolution

Flyin' Brian

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cue: WWE tragics on using that final whoopee-cushion explosion as a victory on the "social" media. We'll never hear the end of it....

My own thought on the final christmas cracker  explosion was merely, "That's a shame....on several levels". Could've been a fondly-remembered match, for one.

2 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

man the thing is that even if we make the very charitable reading that this was planned and omega is a shitty engineer, this makes kingston look like the biggest dork ever

It can be salvaged, Eddie can do a promo that the sight of his bro all battered and bloodied devastated him...he's good enough on the mic that I believe he could pull it off. 

It really sucks that it comes to that though. 

2 minutes ago, jiraffejustin said:

In all honesty, this fucking sucks for Eddie Kingston. He deserves better. 

This is what I said on Twitter. If that ring did actually blow up & Eddie sacrificed himself to save his friend, that's some top tier babyface hero shit, man. He would have been MADE.

One thing i wanted to add that ties into the aging of fans thread on here:

When people online were talking about the Sonic the Hedgehog ring in the ladder match, the reactions were a neat illustration of that exact generation gap we've been talking about.  It was either "yep, glad i haven't watched this shit in 20 years" or "omg that's dope!!!" with pretty much nothing in between.

1 minute ago, MoS said:

Between this shit and the biggest star of all time being Christian, AEW's credibility and rep as non-bullshitters took a severe hit tonight 

Oh yeah. Obviously, I regret dropping $50 and spending the night on this, but I'm lucky enough that I can take the $$ hit, and I would have still had FOMO following the show online had I not watched. And I'll keep watching Dynamite (or DVRing it and watching it over the following week), but unless the build to future ppvs is incredible (and the next one is already only two months ago), I'll be sitting these out for a while.

Just now, sek69 said:

It can be salvaged, Eddie can do a promo that the sight of his bro all battered and bloodied devastated him...he's good enough on the mic that I believe he could pull it off. 

It really sucks that it comes to that though. 

i mean of course it can be salvageable, but with commentary and kingston having to sell it like it went as expected, they better mock the shit out of this finish instead of ignoring it

3 minutes ago, Coffey said:

This is what I said on Twitter. If that ring did actually blow up & Eddie sacrificed himself to save his friend, that's some top tier babyface hero shit, man. He would have been MADE.

I usually hate AEW's ideas AND their execution, but the Kingston babyface turn THAT way was an idea I could get behind, and of course they flubbed it. 

Just now, KawadaSmile said:

i mean of course it can be salvageable, but with commentary and kingston having to sell it like it went as expected, they better mock the shit out of this finish instead of ignoring it

They can still sell it as the violent match it was and spin it as Kenny being either being smart enough to not rig up an explosion to kill himself in (since they established in the build he created everything used) or he just was overconfident and fucked it up. Either way would work with his character. 

The Eddie stuff is harder to save, but they were fortunate that if things were going to go wrong it happened to involve the one man on the planet who can explain it away.

4 minutes ago, funkdoc said:

One thing i wanted to add that ties into the aging of fans thread on here:

When people online were talking about the Sonic the Hedgehog ring in the ladder match, the reactions were a neat illustration of that exact generation gap we've been talking about.  It was either "yep, glad i haven't watched this shit in 20 years" or "omg that's dope!!!" with pretty much nothing in between.

yeah, I had a tweet that blew up about the Sonic the Hedgehog-ass looking ring and one of the responses was someone backpatting themselves like "So glad I haven't watched in over 30 years".  Everyone else was stoked.

They should ignore that embarrassing explosive and not mention it at all and move on. No need to go back on that and try and make it out as Omega being a horrendous engineer. Just ignore it.

CZW and XPW did these in the past in the US and they were horrendous as well. These don't work outside of Japan.

5 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Match was really good up until that ending too.  A shame that that's what everyone is going to remember out of the match.

Well, I'll also remember that the ending to the main event Exploding Ring Barbed Wire Deathmatch on a $50 Pay-Per-View was due to a run-in from Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows. :lol:

The exploding barbed wire bat was cool. The making the ropes blow up to break-up a pinfall was cool. The One Winged Angel on a chair looked like death. I liked those things. But the match had more problems than just the sparklers at the end.