Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Revolution

Flyin' Brian

3 minutes ago, Phil Schneider said:

Cm'on guy you know the Attitude era, famous for the Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Undertaker, HHH and Christian, you know the big 5.

Obnoxious posts like this by insecure people trying to get themselves over on a message board will never be funny.

Nice try though. 

Actually read what I posted next time. 

3 minutes ago, PeteF3 said:

As someone who was in high school and college during the Attitude Era and got to see first-hand how teens who weren't necessarily into wrestling before evaluated guys, I can confirm that Al Snow would rank higher on a list of Attitude Era guys than Christian. 

Because your high school and college friends are an accurate metric. GTFO with that shit. :lol:

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

C.S., are you putting Christian above The Rock, Steve Austin, Mick Foley, Triple H, The Undertaker, Vince McMahon himself or Kurt Angle for a top 5 in the Attitude Era? Because that's already more than five guys from that era. And if we're talking about just work, then you have the likes of guys like Eddie & Benoit to deal with.

I read what you posted and aren't comprehending what you're saying. Are you talking about a top-5 WORKER during the Attitude Era? I think even that's strongly debatable. Was 1999-2000 Christian better than either of the Hardyz, or peak X-Pac, or even D'Lo? To say nothing of Austin or Foley.

He definitely wasn't better than Taka Michinoku, though I would grant that Taka was rarely or never in position to actually have good matches so Christian may still beat him on pure output. But come the fuck on. He's a "maybe" for a top-5 in-ring worker and a laughable no for top-5 star. 

Just now, Coffey said:

C.S., are you putting Christian above The Rock, Steve Austin, Mick Foley, Triple H, The Undertaker, Vince McMahon himself or Kurt Angle for a top 5 in the Attitude Era? Because that's already more than five guys from that era. 

Yes, since that's what everything thinks I posted, so I'll just roll with it at this point.

Christian > Sammartino and Hogan too.

Seriously though, people are underestimating E&C, the TLC matches, and tag team wrestling because Vince and WWE did.

Obviously he doesn't live up to the hype (and it's not on the board to say "Who realistically would be better!" it's on AEW not to make claims they can't back up). It's completely mad to think he might. He's now the person on the AEW roster that I want to see wrestle the most though. If he's really healthy, and he has opportunities and is treated like a big deal, he could have a sort of a Bock in 81 (when he was 47 too) level run. He was 102 on the GWE list and I hated that he didn't make the top 100. I hope this gives him the chance to have some great matches, to work with the roster, to get elevated to a point where a couple of years from now, he does feel like a bigger deal than just being Edge's far, far superior second banana and the greatest Ace of WWE's bastard stepchild C brand imaginable.

2 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Obnoxious posts like this by insecure people trying to get themselves over on a message board will never be funny.

Nice try though. 

Actually read what I posted next time. 

Because your high school and college friends are an accurate metric. GTFO with that shit. :lol:

I have no horse in this race but calling out people for making "obnoxious posts" and then immediately afterwards going "lol you and your college friends" is two sides of the same coin, c'mon man.

the point is that tag-team wrestling has always been a midcard ghetto ever since the territories died.  Bischoff hated it just as much as Vince (both of them) did.  decades of that has colored people's perceptions, regardless of whether we feel that's right

19 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Don't see how they sacrificed credibility. He's a huge star - top five Attitude Era guy - and definitely HOF-worthy as advertised.

Here's your exact post, C.S. How are people misreading what you said? You said he's a "top five Attitude Era guy". That's an exact quote. 

Is anyone basing their opinion on Christian on tag team wrestling? I personally base mine on the many many years he spent after being in a tag team as a B+ player.

Yes some (maybe all) of that was WWE/Vince's fault, but it's the record we have to go on.

10 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

I have no horse in this race but calling out people for making "obnoxious posts" and then immediately afterwards going "lol you and your college friends" is two sides of the same coin, c'mon man.

How? He literally mentioned his high school and college friends in his post. Not understanding your point here. I was responding to exactly what he said.