Flyin' Brian

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, C.S. said:

How? He literally mentioned his high school and college friends in his post. Not understanding your point here. I was responding to exactly what he said. 

My point was calling people out for making obnoxious posts and then proceeding to make fun of someone else by dismissing their point that their college and high school friends thought differently from you and including the laughing emote is also being quote obnoxious.

9 minutes ago, Coffey said:

Here's your exact post, C.S. How are people misreading what you said? You said he's a "top five Attitude Era guy". That's an exact quote. 

Because I remember how big and important E&C and the TLC matches were in the Attitude Era, and I stand by putting them in the Top 5. Someone saying Al Snow meant more to their friends as some kind of argument is ridiculous.

Everyone using Vince McMahon's arguments and perceptions to devalue Christian is something I wouldn't expect from this board.

"Tag team wrestler."

"B+ player in his own team."

I'm surprised.

1 minute ago, KawadaSmile said:

gonna go ahead and say that having a side without barbed wire or any hazards is kind of cheating

Tony Schiavone covering for it was awesome though. "That's in case medical personnel need to get into the ring!" 

Just now, CarpetCrawler said:

My point was calling people out for making obnoxious posts and then proceeding to make fun of someone else by dismissing their point that their college and high school friends thought differently from you and including the laughing emote is also being quote obnoxious.

Because it's an absurd argument. Al Snow never sold a PPV. E&C and the TLC matches did. No one looked forward to Al Snow's matches. Everyone looked forward to those E&C TLC classics. (And I like Al Snow!)

My point was not that Al Snow was a definitive top-5, top-10, or top-15 guy of the Attitude Era. But a random sampling of Attitude Era fans, in a market (Columbus, OH) that's incidentally one of the top test markets in the country and in what was once a bellwether state for national elections, indicated that he was more memorable than Christian. "WHAT DOES EVERYBODY WANT?" was more memorable than the 5-second poses or even the big TLC bumps. If you think that's "obnoxious," then there's not much more I can say.

1 minute ago, sek69 said:

Everyone stop fighting about Christian when people are getting exploded on PPV in 2021.

Okay, I'm done...I hope.

Christian was #1, not only during the Attitude Era but in any era, and I think we all agree on that now. B)

6 minutes ago, PeteF3 said:

My point was not that Al Snow was a definitive top-5, top-10, or top-15 guy of the Attitude Era. But a random sampling of Attitude Era fans, in a market (Columbus, OH) that's incidentally one of the top test markets in the country and in what was once a bellwether state for national elections, indicated that he was more memorable than Christian. "WHAT DOES EVERYBODY WANT?" was more memorable than the 5-second poses or even the big TLC bumps. If you think that's "obnoxious," then there's not much more I can say.

I actually called a different post obnoxious, not yours. The game of telephone that gets played on PWO is exhausting sometimes, man.

I strongly disagree with you about Al Snow vs. Christian, but I have no reason to disbelieve you when it comes to the demographic information you're providing about Columbus, OH, even though I'm not sure being a top test market and bellwether state for national elections quite translates into how the entire country might have viewed Christian and Al, respectively.

8 minutes ago, jiraffejustin said:

I think AEW sucks, I think this show has sucked, but I'll say something nice: Mox is getting good color, and while this match sucks and will continue to suck, at least there is that. 

Same. I'll also say Bryce dressing in the hazmat suit like a 90's FMW ref. is a neat touch.

Anyway, I loved it when Onita and Goto did it back in the early 90s, but this isn't working for me. Also the 30 minute explosive announcement is a spoiler.

Those explosives on the outside were bad, but a wild nasty bump at least to make up for it.