Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - March 10, 2021

MoS

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I think the same. Wrestling fans might mock you mercilessly, but they are also forgiving in general if you don't feed them bullshit. ECW managed to recover from two such failed explosions.  WCW's biggest moments came AFTER similarly embarrassing misfires like Shockmaster. But they have to not bullshit the fans or insult their intelligence. If you do that for an extended period of time, fans absolutely will leave you, like we saw with WCW and WWE for the last 20 years or so 

I think the show tonight will be really important in how AEW is perceived moving forward. There's going to be some ill-will from the Pay-Per-View on Sunday, especially from the people that paid $50 during a pandemic to watch it. So they need to do something, and I don't think they should just ignore it or make a joke of it.

This "he didn't hook the leg" is becoming a commentary clutch. Excalibur mentioned it about Fenix's pin on Matt. Fenix didn't hook the legs because he was pinning Matt's further arm and shoulder. It might be picking nits, but it makes the pinning wrestler look sloppy, and doesn't highlight the amazing achievement that kicking out of it was. 

I might be biased as a King fan, but he somehow semi-salvaged this?! And blaming IMPACT for it was gold. They do need to still finish it nicely though, that promo by itself isn't enough. Moxs' wink after the "If you have a weapon, use it " line is a hopeful sign 

2 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Now the audio mix is all weird, the crowd volume is like maxed out and the announcers are getting drowned out.

Should happen every time JR speaks, like earlier today when he forgot the super complicated name "Lucha Bros"