Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - March 10, 2021

MoS

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At this stage JR is literally just a video game announcer.  He blurts out marketing slogans, catchphrases and pretty vague wrestling cliches.  The volume in his voice  also makes him sound like every Wednesday they just use. JR Soundboard.  

The only benefit he brings is his credibility.  His credibility having been earned almost twenty years ago or later.  They should really just use him as a guy that does sitdown interviews...which are previously recorded and dutifully edited.

I liked the Kingston part of that segment. Didn’t dig it leading into Christian. I don’t mind him having a match with Kenny on Dynamite, but then move him down the cart. Let him have some tv matches with some younger dudes and leave it at that. 

2 minutes ago, Coffey said:

All that talent in the company and they're giving TV time to QT Marshall of all people lmfao.

I suppose since he's coaching all the youngins at his school they feel having him do programs with them is helpful. 

Otherwise, yeah I don't see why they would bother.

He will probably be Lee Johnson’s first feud and first feud Lee will win.  

Guys like QT, Brandon Cutler and Billy Gunn are all useful as the first step up the ladder to success. QT, Cutler and Billy never usually win outside of Dark.  Why not use the trainers or production staff as vets that put others over?

The Gunn Club is a little out of control winning almost every tag they have fought.  I guess they can be pushed as a dark horse in that theoretical trios-tournament or titles.  Pretty Picture is the heel equvelant.

That was better than what I was expecting, I was hoping Spears wasn't going to be the last addon to Tully's group.

If they want, now they could actually have a feud worthy of the War Games type match they were going to do before the pandemic hit.

Yeah they balanced out the Christian being the star and Mox and Kingston his openers by putting the focus on MJF (and Sammy really) and destroying Chris Jericho, that obvious crash pad aside. If Christian is a stop-gap feud as they continue to build Omega and his minions v. Mox/Kingston, then fair enough, but this night's booking wasn't a good sign. 

Otherwise, a really good episode of Dynamite. Showcased some of AEW's greatest strengths and got Mox and King to partially salvage Sunday's debacle. 

I wonder if people in general would like Spears more, or tolerate him more anyway, if he were able to walk to the ring with Peyton Royce instead of Tully Blanchard.

Like how in ECW guys like Lance Storm or Justin Credible would come out with Dawn Marie or Francine. 

6 minutes ago, Coffey said:

I wonder if people in general would like Spears more, or tolerate him more anyway, if he were able to walk to the ring with Peyton Royce instead of Tully Blanchard.

Like how in ECW guys like Lance Storm or Justin Credible would come out with Dawn Marie or Francine. 

They might hate him more by wondering why someone like Peyton married a goof like him. 

Francine had cred with the ECW crowd so putting someone with her actually gave a rub (no pun intended if you remember old ECW fan chants). 

As one of those suckers who dropped $50 for Sunday night, I was real happy with this episode of Dynamite. I was even ok with Christian coming out when he did, though yeah, I don't need a months-long program for the title with him. But:

- Maki Itoh is channel changing stuff for me, folks.

- All companies should stop with the spot of powerbombing someone off the stage onto heavily protected padding. I don't need something more violent, necessarily, just anything that doesn't look so lame.

1 hour ago, TheDuke said:

What do people think the best match was tonight? The Fenix match?

I thought the Darby Allin-Scorpio Sky match was the best, but Fenix-Matt also had a tremendous match.

We also need to think about how amazing Kingston is. He managed to explain his actions by telling everyone he had a panic attack, which in the hypermasculine world of professional wrestling, will be thought of as cowardly by so many wrestlers and fans, and somehow not just make it a babyface move, but also normalise it as something everyone has, no matter how strong. My man is destigmatizing mental health issues, and I love him for it