Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 03/22 - 03/28 Roman never tapped

KawadaSmile

I feel like the triple threat is the only match on the card with build that's made me actively want to see the match more rather than less. Great dynamic between Reigns, Edge and Bryan that harks back to Wrestlemania XXX. I'm glad they've realised that Edge is infinitely better as a heel and that 47 year old super babyface Edge is even worse than super babyface Edge from back in the day. Almost all the other matches on the card (which isn't half bad really) get less and less appealing to me with each passing week of programming. That said, Banks/Belair and Asuka/Ripley are still probably the biggest draws for me. Happy that Cesaro's getting a singles matches and we're finally getting Zayn/Owens at WM too. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another interesting development in the Roman/Edge/Bryan feud is them trying to make the babyface (DB) more aggressive and actually making a point of it. It's not about Bryan "getting screwed" over and over and being the poor little guy. Not a fan of triple threats but it seems to me those three going to beat to piss out of each other for 20+ minutes :)

I'm also really interested on why they decided to not only change the match to a three way but also turn Edge tweener/heel. It's not like they have crowd reactions and we already know that WWE (well, Vince) struggles like a motherfucker to actually go with the crowd and not follow through an established plan and run. I guess Edge had to be the one asking for a turn but I'm curious as to why he did it. It's not like he gives a shit about what people online say about him and I'm not sure there was that bad of a reaction towards him social media anyway...were SD TV ratings down or something?

20 minutes ago, Strummer said:

Being reported Road Dogg suffered a heart attack on Thursday. Currently in the hospital 

Sad news. Hoping for the best.

18 minutes ago, Jmare007 said:

I'm also really interested on why they decided to not only change the match to a three way but also turn Edge tweener/heel.  

There's a bizarre rumor that Vince thinks Edge looks old, and was looking older every week, hence the addition of Bryan.

1 hour ago, Jmare007 said:

Another interesting development in the Roman/Edge/Bryan feud is them trying to make the babyface (DB) more aggressive and actually making a point of it. It's not about Bryan "getting screwed" over and over and being the poor little guy. Not a fan of triple threats but it seems to me those three going to beat to piss out of each other for 20+ minutes :)

I don't watch the TV, so are all three in this main event program heels?

12 minutes ago, MoS said:

I don't watch the TV, so are all three in this main event program heels?

Not really, Bryan is definitely a face but he's more of a "can we cut the bullshit/not gonna let dumb wrestling tropes fuck this up for me" type of face that's kind of refreshing, imo. Edge just turned into his old psycho/paranoiac character, seems they want him to be a tweener but looks to me he's just gonna end up as a crazy heel.

53 minutes ago, Strummer said:

Bryan recently gave an interview and said he really doesn't have much booking power on SD despite what's being reported online. So I guess everyone saying he pitched all those losses to Cesaro and Nak might not have been true after all

I just searched for it and there's a ton of interesting stuff he talked about.

-His Mania match with HHH and how Jamie Noble helped him during those days when he was in big pain due to his neck. And how Jamie Noble is kinda like his personal producer in a lot of the things he does.

-The Brock match.

-His contract is soon to expire and he's juggling between staying at home while his kids are still so young vs doing what he loves and winning a lot of money doing it. It certainly sounded like he's gonna become a part timer as everyone has been speculating for more than a year at this point.

-Gave Roman a lot of praise and basically said he's the main reason Smackdown has gotten so much better as TV show.

-About his producing role. It sounded like he just pitches people that should be featured on TV and that's about it. He even went on to say that someone like Apollo getting a bigger role has nothing to do with him and that's just Crews being a good performer.

1 hour ago, Jmare007 said:

That's so out of left field and nonsensical (I mean, he was fine with Goldberg) that I can totally see it being true :lol:

It was mentioned in the latest Observer that Edge looking old was a factor but not the deciding one:

One person close to the situation said that the age issue, not as much the number as the look of age (“he was looking older each week”) with Edge was a concerning point. But really, it was said it was just McMahon wanting to shake up the plans .

I think its as simple as Bryan being a ringer brought in to make sure the match doesn't stink. He's had the golden touch in the Thunderdome and, while there will be fans in attendance, I still think the presentation is going to be noticeably "off" and not like a true WrestleMania. Having Bryan in there all but guarantees that the match will be no less than good, maybe really good. 

I also think, from a storyline perspective, I can see Vince believing that adding Bryan adds intrigue. When it was first rumored that he'd be part of the match, the initial reaction was that he was there to take a pin so Roman wouldn't have to, but I'm not sure Edge is leaving with the title. I'm feeling its more likely that Reigns wins, but how? And does that mean the big story coming out of the show is Edge (heel) vs. Bryan (face) and Reigns goes on to feud with another challenger like Big E? I'm not exactly thrilled by an Edge/Bryan feud, but then again, Bryan's golden touch means it could be great. 

Roman-Edge being bad feels like a reach. If Edge can go 50+ minutes with Orton and look fine, I'm sure he'd be OK working with Roman for half that long.

I think it's a combination of Vince wanting to shake up the status quo, along with Christian's departure changing their plans. They clearly were going to do some sort of tag match at Fastlane, along with Roman likely beating Christian to a pulp at some point to get heat.

If they decide to take the belt off him, what does Roman do in the meantime? Him retaining seems the way to go. Roman can have short feuds with Cesaro and Nakamura leading into his SummerSlam program. Whenever he does lose the title, it needs to be in an one-on-one match.

8 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

If they decide to take the belt off him, what does Roman do in the meantime? Him retaining seems the way to go. Roman can have short feuds with Cesaro and Nakamura leading into his SummerSlam program. Whenever he does lose the title, it needs to be in an one-on-one match.

And against someone on the ascent, even a Big E.

There has to be some other Hall of Famer or guy who was some semblance of a name 15 to 20 years ago being held together by paper clips and bubble gum that they can trot out to win the belt from Roman instead of trying something new.

Maybe Booker T? What's Matt Morgan doing these days? Is Bull Buchannon available?

2 hours ago, Blehschmidt said:

There has to be some other Hall of Famer or guy who was some semblance of a name 15 to 20 years ago being held together by paper clips and bubble gum that they can trot out to win the belt from Roman instead of trying something new.

Maybe Booker T? What's Matt Morgan doing these days? Is Bull Buchannon available?

At this point it would be Triple H :wacko:

36 minutes ago, Coffey said:

Call up Stevie Richards. He'll show you, you'll see! And it's timely! The whole Right to Censor gimmick ties-in with the current Peacock news! And he was the valet for Victoria, whom was recently on WWE TV!

It's perfect!

I know you're joking and mocking WWE, and rightfully so, but I wouldn't have minded a StevIe Richards reign when he was the leader of the RTC. I've always felt Richards was such an underrated and underutilized talent. So much range. 

That Bryan is even headlining this WM just confirms his living legend status in my eyes. He didn't need this WM to get there I suppose, but this is a real accomplishment in his favor. The guy has somehow been a generally unwanted headliner in WWE for nearly a decade because fans love him so much. He's probably the most unlikely major star in the history of the company despite almost never being booked at that level. As it stands, he has been in the title match of four WMs over the course of 10 shows. I also think with wrestling shifting away from being an industry about creating shows to attract fans and toward an industry designed to just produce as much content as possible and sell distribution rights to the highest bidder, Bryan's 2013-14 ascension will probably be remembered over time as the last "classic" pro wrestling build on the national stage.