Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - March 24, 2021

MoS

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be watching live tonight. I got caught up on Dark & Elevation. Trying to have my finger more closely on the pulse as it pertains to AEW.

Looking forward to when they can have big crowds again because I miss the rabid atmosphere. Selfishly also because that hopefully means at least some semblance of return to normalcy from this pandemic & the hideousness that has been the last year plus. Where I live, I'm still not eligible for the vaccine because I'm under 40. Even if I were vaccinated & masked up with distance between myself & others though, I would not go to any sort of indoor (or outdoor for that matter) gathering of mass people. I know that UFC is planning it soon & that Wrestlemania is apparently going to have a crowd? That just sounds like asking for trouble with another outbreak to me. I don't even think it's so much of a political thing as much as it's a greed thing at this point. This pandemic to me has shown how much more corporations value money over public health.

Anyway, John Silver Vs. Darby Allin could be fun!

21 minutes ago, El-P said:

Sydal vs Omega could steal the show if the Third Eye manages to channel his old self. Keep on bringing the fresh stuff AEW. The randomness is great like some WCW Thunder main-event with Marty Jannetty that never happened but should have.

Raven Vs. Kaz Hayashi on a random episode of WCW Worldwide on a Sunday was one of the better sprints I ever watched. A show that most people didn't bother with, so I'm all for random matches that have a chance to exceed expectations!

28 minutes ago, El-P said:

Sydal vs Omega could steal the show if the Third Eye manages to channel his old self. Keep on bringing the fresh stuff AEW. The randomness is great like some WCW Thunder main-event with Marty Jannetty that never happened but should have.

Thunder was not WCW's flagship show though 

26 minutes ago, Coffey said:

Raven Vs. Kaz Hayashi on a random episode of WCW Worldwide on a Sunday was one of the better sprints I ever watched. A show that most people didn't bother with, so I'm all for random matches that have a chance to exceed expectations!

Damn, you know my tastes !  I did not do the Saturday Night shows during my WCW Highway to Death thread, so that little gem just eluded me for ever ! I'm a Raven fan, as you know. Thanks !

4 minutes ago, MoS said:

Who are these loser fans chanting this is awesome 10 mins into a nothing match, right after a botch?

There were stips.  The AEW champ wrestled someone set up with an angle on a previous show.    His opponent is respected world wide and a strong talent dating back to at least 2004.  Don Callis even did commentary to help put the storyline.  The match itself was very good with strong drama for a non-title match. This wasn’t anything like a nothing match.

Adam Page vs Cezar Bononi...was a nothing match.

3 minutes ago, Ryan Faulconer said:

There were stips.  The AEW champ wrestled someone set up with an angle on a previous show.    His opponent is respected world wide and a strong talent dating back to at least 2004.  Don Callis even did commentary to help put the storyline.  The match itself was very good with strong drama for a non-title match. This wasn’t anything like a nothing match.

I meant I thought the match itself was listless and nothing. Very paint by numbers imo

7 minutes ago, Ryan Faulconer said:

I meant I thought the match itself was listless and nothing. Very paint by numbers imo