Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 03/29 - 04/04 It sucks to be Brazilian

KawadaSmile

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, El-P said:

I'm not part of the Charlotte hate train, so I expected something really really bad. Or Lesnar ;) 

Same. Charlotte is great. I really like Lesnar too. I feel like Brock, Roman & Cena are the only guys they could still sell a show with. I just don't think there's big mass appeal for the likes of Edge, Drew McIntyre or Bobby Lashley.

On the women side, Becky, Ronda & maybe Charlotte? I don't actually know how well received Charlotte is.

12 minutes ago, El-P said:

I'm not part of the Charlotte hate train, so I expected something really really bad. Or Lesnar ;) 

It's not even hate. Like I said, she is inevitable. She was basically running the women's division on all three shows at the same time, regardless of how one felt about the quality of the matches. No way she doesn't have a match at Wrestlemania.

It will probably end up being Asuka vs. Charlotte vs. Rhea at Mania - hardly the end of civilization as we know it. 

Unlike Charlotte being shoehorned into Becky vs. Ronda, her inclusion actually enhances this match because of her Mania history with both.

I'm cool with it. Asuka vs. Rhea is not a compelling match - no story, no build, feels thrown together at the last minute (because it was) - nothing except good rasslin', which never means a damn thing in a vacuum. It needs Charlotte as the connecting tissue.

I am tired of Charlotte in this position personally. And I know she most likely doesn't read this forum so my message of "go easy on her" isn't directly literal. But I will say today is the anniversary of her brother's death and she has just recovered from testing positive for COVID-19. I'd rather she been kept in her intended spot than being removed from it.

I'd usually prefer a Asuka/Ripley singles match. That was even more true at the time of the Rumble when Ripley was one of the final two. I was looking forward to Ripley and Belair simultaneously challenging two fairly strong champions for the belts. But it seems they decided to go with Evans/Charlotte with Ric involvement and to to hold off on Ripley's debut. Then Evans got pregnant so they had to change plans. Anyway, long story short, the Asuka/Ripley match is pretty cold as it is. Charlotte probably should be included - it doesn't water it down in the same way that her addition to Rousey/Lynch did. There's a bit more going on there with her involvement.

Charlotte in general gets a bloody rough time from wrestling fans, I find.

13 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Wait I missed the beginning of the show and the Hurt Business disbanded FUCK THIS

They are doing everything in their power to guarantee Lashley doesn't get better reactions than Drew.

Next week we'll find out Lashley is actually Canadian.

That sucks. Man, this company. Can’t have anyone getting too over.