Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 03/29 - 04/04 It sucks to be Brazilian

KawadaSmile

On 3/30/2021 at 9:50 AM, Badlittlekitten said:

Same. It's cliché to say at this point, but Christ, Vince is a lunatic. There was so much potential for a cool faction on the most uncool of show's but they didn't even come close to reaching it. They just endlessly bickered and fought the same people over and over.

Sounds like they've nuked Lashley so Drew can get the desired reaction. Madness.

Seriously.  Based on online reaction it was one of the few over acts in the company.

Sticking Corbin with Lashley and MVP to make them less cool and get them booed is f'n hilarious

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s hilarious that they’re tampering with the booking of both world title matches. I bet Vince has grown very used to the comfort blanket of the fake crowd noises and is desperately overthinking what it’s going to be like with a stadium with actual fans.

Literally everyone involved with creative on the main roster should be embarrassed at how much better a job NXT did selling Takeover than they have done with Wrestlemania. That of course would  take a level of awareness not seen by them so they won't. 

3 hours ago, sek69 said:

Also Taya coming in as "Franky Monet" reads like they saw someone posting online making fun of NXT names and took it as a compliment.

*facepalm*

Pro-wrestling game name. What's betta' ? Franky Monet of TAYA MOTHERFUCKING VALKYRIE ?

Also, her gimmick is that she has a dog, apparently. Hey, good for Taya, leaving the dream...

Like, let's talk business here. She spent her entire career establishing her own personal brand and character and now she's "Frankie Monet". And of course she can't use her social medias outlet to do business and revenue on the side like every independent contractor should, because of course the awareness she has online is all about Frankie Monet, right, not the last 15 years or so hustling around the world as Taya Valkyrie. Such stupid bullshit.

I'm glad to see that she made it to WWE, if that was her goal all along. Although I guess she's still "just" on NXT. I've seen her do good things elsewhere. First time I ever saw her was actually on Lance Storm's wrestling training reality show World of Hurt. 

33 minutes ago, Coffey said:

First time I ever saw her was actually on Lance Storm's wrestling training reality show World of Hurt. 

Damn that's right ! Lance was so stiff in this at the end of each episode, explaining this and that. Who else was on that thing ?

I also remember watching the Though Enough Austin season with Ivelisse, Matt Cross and Marty the Moth (just googled him, so he is/was a trainer at the Nightmare Factory !). The winner on the other hand showed up on RAW, got humiliated and it was the last of him. 

7 hours ago, El-P said:

Damn that's right ! Lance was so stiff in this at the end of each episode, explaining this and that. Who else was on that thing ?

The future Emma was on that show (I think they presented her as a bitchy diva). Also the guy who went by the name French Stallion (who was the star of the show) was in NXT for a couple of years as Sylvester Lefort basically doing nothing (I think he had a feud with Enzo Amore over who looked sillier or something like that).

5 minutes ago, Robert S said:

The future Emma was on that show. 

Damn ! I had forgot about her.

5 minutes ago, Robert S said:

Also the guy who went by the name French Stallion was in NXT for a couple of years as Sylvester Lefort basically doing nothing (I think he had a feud with Enzo Amore over who looked sillier or something like that).

Yeah. Great douchebag heel. The other month by haphazards of Internet, I ended up on his Twitter and to the surprise of no one (well, not mine anyway), he's a full-on complotist idiot, retweeting stuff from the RN (Le Pen's party, the far right, ok basically fascists) people regularly... Wonderful human being. :lol: Which is why I'm always a little wary when it comes to support anyone because, how great, you're from the same country. Like it means anything. I mean, I was certainly enjoying Shanna a lot, until I learned that she too had re-tweeted Le Pen's shit.

For as much shit as the NXT random name generator gets, and rightfully so, are we really pretending Taya Valkyrie was an awesome name or something? To me, it's no better or worse than Franky Monet. Neither name is great shakes IMO.

38 minutes ago, El-P said:

Damn ! I had forgot about her.

Yeah. Great douchebag heel. The other month by haphazards of Internet, I ended up on his Twitter and to the surprise of no one (well, not mine anyway), he's a full-on complotist idiot, retweeting stuff from the RN (Le Pen's party, the far right, ok basically fascists) people regularly... Wonderful human being. :lol: Which is why I'm always a little wary when it comes to support anyone because, how great, you're from the same country. Like it means anything. I mean, I was certainly enjoying Shanna a lot, until I learned that she too had re-tweeted Le Pen's shit.

Hmm... judging by a quick look on his Twitter, Walter seems to be okay. Almost exclusively wrestling-related retweets, and the small amount of political tweets or retweets don't contain any conspiracy theories or racism.

8 hours ago, El-P said:

Damn that's right ! Lance was so stiff in this at the end of each episode, explaining this and that.

Yeah, they're all on YouTube now. I might give them a re-watch. Could be cool with modern eyes. I like shit like that. I even watched a lot of Tough Enough back in the day, especially the early ones with Maven & whatnot. 

4 hours ago, C.S. said:

For as much shit as the NXT random name generator gets, and rightfully so, are we really pretending Taya Valkyrie was an awesome name or something? To me, it's no better or worse than Franky Monet. Neither name is great shakes IMO.

Taya Valkyrie sounds like a badass female warrior name.  Franky Monet sounds like a bad jiggy rap name from the 90's

And as El-P pointed out, she's already spent years establishing that name.  I get giving virtual nobodies a makeover, not someone who already has cache amongst fans

Don't most NXT folk pick their own names? Maybe Taya wants to keep it separate from NXT to keep it cleaner if things don't work out.

My guess is Morrison and Taya are looking at Miz and Maryse as templates to become part of the reality show/influencer circuit. If they think being part of the WWE/NXT circle helps them in that goal, they'll at least give it a look, including name changes.