Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 03/29 - 04/04 It sucks to be Brazilian

KawadaSmile

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

My guess is Morrison and Taya are looking at Miz and Maryse as templates to become part of the reality show/influencer circuit. If they think being part of the WWE/NXT circle helps them in that goal, they'll at least give it a look, including name changes.

Morrison and Monet does have a nice ring to it.

47 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Yeah an the WWE stans are always quick to point out "THEY PICKED THEIR NAMES" as if they were the ones who made the list they have to pick from.

Except, Sasha Banks definitely picked her own name. She gave them a long list of handpicked names. Sasha was the first name of one and Banks was the last name of another, and someone liked the idea of those two names together.

Adam Rose also came up with his own list of names and gimmicks after the the brutally bad Leo Kruger name and gimmick failed.

So the Andre match and the SD tag title match have been moved from Mania to the SD before mania which I guess was taped sometime this week. I guess it's understandable if they don't want to do a pre show and keep the shows under 3 hours. Still I was hoping the Mysterios would win the tag titles in front of a crowd. Could happen at Summerslam I guess.

2 hours ago, C.S. said:

Except, Sasha Banks definitely picked her own name. She gave them a long list of handpicked names. Sasha was the first name of one and Banks was the last name of another, and someone liked the idea of those two names together.

I seem to recall this. It was like, Banks came from Azealia Banks but I don't remember what Sasha was from. Sasha Fierce, from Beyonce?

Like Dolph Ziggler was Dolph Lundgren & Dirk Diggler, right?

19 hours ago, Coffey said:

Lance Storm's wrestling training reality show World of Hurt. 

Does anyone remember the show Raven did with Kayfabe Commentaries, "Raven's Restler Rescue"? Each week he took an indy wrestler and used his genius, his unparalleled mind for this business, to come up with a gimmick for them.

Spoiler: Raven is not a genius. His mind for the business is unparalleled, in that you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone with WORSE ideas. It's this show that makes me guffaw at the notion of Scott Levy as some sort cerebral master of this caper. The looks on the aspiring wrestlers' faces when Raven tells them what he's come up with for them....poor kids - they find out they're hooking up with the one and only Raven, psychologist supreme, and he's giving Zach Braff's Dr. Acula gimmick to them. And you can tell they're torn between telling him to get his hand off it, and humouring him (they all humour him). Preview clips are on YouTube, full episodes seem more elusive (think I torrented it years ago).

1 hour ago, KawadaSmile said:

It's funny how Dexter Lumis might be one of the best renamings out there.

It's a cool name in a vacuum, but considering his gimmick it comes off as a little tryhard: "he's a psycho who's probably a serial killer, and he's named after that serial killer from TV and the doctor from Halloween! It's GOLD Jerry!"

12 hours ago, Tim Evans said:

So the Andre match and the SD tag title match have been moved from Mania to the SD before mania which I guess was taped sometime this week. I guess it's understandable if they don't want to do a pre show and keep the shows under 3 hours. Still I was hoping the Mysterios would win the tag titles in front of a crowd. Could happen at Summerslam I guess.

Man, if both nights are no longer than 3 hours each I'll gladly take those matches being on SD.

If people think he's gonna address working for the competition, think again.

Still, that's buzz, but I'm not sure in what sense it works best, because it's not like it will make people subscribe to the WWE Network for this one show. On the other hand, by treating this as a huge deal in itself, they basically acknowledge that their competition is a huge deal, which is an odd move.

16 hours ago, Stiva said:

I think they hand the workers a list and they pick the least shit one. So imagine what must have been on the list for Chris Hero to go with “Kassius Ohno”

Given that "Chris Hero" is an awful, awful name, maybe the guy just has bad taste when it comes to wrestling names.

40 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

any details on jericho's contract?

if it's an expiring one, maybe he's just pulling some strings to get himself as much money as possible

IIRC he signed a 3 year contract taking him well into 2022.

6 minutes ago, El-P said:

The only reason this is happening is because Tony Khan is allowing it to happen. So, he must get *something*, anything, out of it. Cody has said before that they were willing to do business with anyone that was open for it.

They're going to be plugging AEW on the WWE Network/Peacock directly after WrestleMania. Its much more surprising from the Vince side that he's open to it, guess it shows the current mentality.

Good idea, WWE... Let's spoil who's winning the Smackdown Title Match!

h1Si87f.jpg

6 hours ago, tallmike said:

Given that "Chris Hero" is an awful, awful name, maybe the guy just has bad taste when it comes to wrestling names.

Careful, any shitty name used in ROH is automatically sacrosanct to some folks here. Don't mention how awful he looks in basketball shorts either, because that's "fat-shaming" (even though it isn't).

There's zero chance AEW is going to be mentioned on the WWE Network, and even if it does it will get edited out. Austin's a good interviewer and would know it's something that has to be mentioned, but I don't see it being aired on the show. Maybe Austin will release the "Snyder Cut" version on his own.