Pro Wrestling Only

MACW 1981

LowBlowPodcast

Sunday April 25

MACW - Event @ Greensboro Coliseum in Greensboro, North Carolina, USA 

NWA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Ric Flair vs Harley Race went to a 60-minute time limit draw - the bell rang when Flair had Race in a roll up but the time expired before 3!
MID ATLANTIC CHAMPIONSHIP
Ken Patera © defeated Kevin with a low blow
NWA UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP
Roddy Piper © vs Ivan Koloff went to a double DQ
MACW TAG CHAMPIONSHIP
Wahoo & Snuka © defeated Ole & Gene Anderson
MACW TV CHAMPIONSHIP
Greg Valentine © defeated Ricky Steamboat
Haye & Gordy defeated Windham & Youngblood
Kerry Von Erich won a 20-man battle royal!

Monday April 26

MACW - Event @ County Hall in Charleston, South Carolina, USA 

NWA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Harley Race © defeated Ricky Steamboat with a low blow at 29:54!
Ric Flair defeated Ken Patera © via DQ
Roddy Piper © defeated Nikolai Volkoff
MACW TAG CHAMPIONSHIP
Wahoo & Snuka © defeated Ivan Koloff & Greg Valentine via count out!
David, Kerry, & Kevin defeated Dick Slater & The Super Destroyers
Hayes & Roberts defeated Windham & Garvin
Terry Gordy defeated Jay Youngblood
The Andersons defeated Wrestling II & Paul Ellering

Tuesday April 27

MACW - Event @ Richmond Coliseum in Richmond, Virginia, USA 
NWA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Harley Race © vs Roddy Piper went to a double DQ while fighting outside of the ring!
Ken Patera © defeated Kevin Von Erich
MACW TAG CHAMPIONSHIP
Wahoo & Snuka © defeated Hayes and Roberts
MACW TV CHAMPIONSHIP
Ricky Steamboat defeated Greg Valentine via DQ
Ric Flair vs Gino Hernandez went to a 30-minute draw
David & Kerry defeated Ivan Koloff & Nikolai Volkoff
Gordy vs Kabuki went to a double DQ
Windham, Garvin, & Youngblood defeated Dick Slater & The Super Destroyers
The Andersons defeated Wrestling II & Paul Ellering

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An exciting loop that would have had my family seriously considering a trip to Greensboro.

Den just had Kevin Erich vs Ken Patera on his recent episode of WWF and you've got it as one of your top attractions. 

Harley Race retains by hook or crook across all 3 nights.

The Mid-Atlantic champions give a good accounting of themselves as they each fend off tough competition to retain their straps.

3 hours ago, Autistic Dragon said:

An exciting loop that would have had my family seriously considering a trip to Greensboro.

Den just had Kevin Erich vs Ken Patera on his recent episode of WWF and you've got it as one of your top attractions. 

Harley Race retains by hook or crook across all 3 nights.

The Mid-Atlantic champions give a good accounting of themselves as they each fend off tough competition to retain their straps.

I sincerely appreciate the feedback. This is a tough roster to book evenly and I am already looking at how to mix things up in the upcoming loops to "keep the towns fresh" if you will. Race has some legit contenders here and a future champion or two is definitely on the card every night. Thanks again for the feedback, it is greatly appreciated and always welcome!

Thursday April 29
MACW - Event @ Civic Center in Roanoke, Virginia, USA 
Ric Flair defeated Ken Patera via Count Out
Roddy Piper defeated Tully Blanchard via DQ
NWA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Harley Race © vs Gino Hernandez went to a 60-minute time limit draw
MACW TAG CHAMPIONSHIP
Wahoo & Snuka defeated The Andersons
MACW TV CHAMPIONSHIP
Greg Valentine vs Ricky Steamboat went to a 20-minute draw
David, Kevin, & Kerry defeated Dick Slater, Tully Blanchard, & Kabuki
Ivan & Nikolai defeated Wrestling II & Ellering
Gordy, Hayes, & Roberts defeated Windham, Youngblood, & Garvin

Friday April 30
MACW - Event @ Memorial Auditorium in Greenville, South Carolina, USA 
Kerry Von Erich defeated Ken Patera via DQ
Tully Blanchard defeated Roddy Piper via Count Out
NWA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Harley Race © vs Terry Gordy!
MACW TAG CHAMPIONSHIP
Wahoo & Snuka defeated Tully & Kabuki
MACW TV CHAMPIONSHIP
Greg Valentine defeated Kevin Von Erich
Ricky Steamboat, Ric Flair, & David Von Erich defeated The Andersons & Dick Slater
Ivan & Nikolai defeated Wrestling II & Ellering

Ken Patera proves he'll hold on to the Mid Atlantic Championship by any means necessary.

Piper & Tully trade DQ's over the U.S Title.

Wahoo & Snuka fend off two top teams in defense of their tag titles.

The Hammer goes 20 minutes with the Dragon then scores a win over Kevin Von Erich. 

Two big wins for the Russians 

A fun pair of cards for Mid-Atlantic.

MACW.jpg.e4174d2318a29d89c8ac7d231bc11846.jpg

MACW TV Taping - TV-Show @ in Raleigh, North Carolina, USA May 1, 1981

MACW opens with the big announcement that next week… the NWA Tag Champions… Paul Jones and Masked Superstar will be here to take on Mid Atlantic Champions Wahoo McDaniel and Jimmy Snuka! It will be for the NWA World Tag Titles with a 60-minute time limit. We’ll hear from the champions in just a moment as Caudle and Crockett put over the week Harley Race had… he had a couple of close calls but was able to keep the title and he will defend it tonight against Rocky Johnson. We’ll hear from some of his challengers throughout the broadcast. We then see Masked Superstar and Paul Jones walk out and they have an okay ovation but they are pumping up their match next week. They say the’ve beaten everyone in their path and look to continue that streak as the greatest NWA World Tag Team Champions of all time. They will join Caudle and Crockett for commentary on the following match up...

Kerry & David Von Erich defeated Mike Reese & Phil Newton via the Von Erich CLAW!

We get a little drama after the contest as David and Kerry start to cut a promo but Jones and Superstar get in their face. The Von Erichs say that as six-man champions - they know what tag team wrestling is all about but Superstar and Jones say when they meet… there won’t be a third man to back them up. Kerry and David don’t seem phased… this could be a fun one down the line...

*COMMERCIAL*

Windham & Youngblood defeated Ricky Roe & Nate Marcus via the Top Rope Lariat!

935417048_BarryWindham1.jpg.6425e7e631531dc03abe0e4dec6a4ad6.jpg137479678_JayYoungblood2.jpg.f87a4422af74a8026d3615cce230ea5f.jpg

Windham and Youngblood then come over to the booth and work the fans. They talk about building up a reputation around Mid Atlantic and would like to get in line for a title shot down the line. They talk about all the top teams but that brings out Ole and Gene Anderson. The MN Wrecking Crew is in the ring for action...

The Andersons defeated Mike Williams & Joe Smith via the ARM BREAKER!

1687313791_GeneAnderson2.jpg.0cdb8a94043aea3cef9e3054eca1514a.jpg210823601_OleAnderson2.jpg.d8623126742ef74ec1246a08c94fc11f.jpg

The Andersons then walk over and they call out Windham and Youngblood and challenge them next week to a tag team match. Windham seems to have a little confidence about but when Ole slaps him in the face - all hell breaks loose! It is a four-way brawl before it is al said and done and the officials break it up… these teams will meet next week!

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back with Crockett and Caudle putting over the issue with the Anderson & Windham/Youngblood next week. They talk about the NWA World Tag Title match next week and they talk about the NWA World title match tonight that is yet to come. That brings out Rocky Johnson… he has got something on his mind…

Bob Caudle: Rocky… tonight you’ve got the chance of a lifetime against Harley Race. The NWA World Title is on the line… you must be feeling the pressure...

Rocky Johnson: Let me say this Bob Caudle… I’ve been in high stakes pressure matches before… I’ve fought in the biggest arenas… in front of thousands of fans… it has never meant so much as it does tonight. Harley Race… we can talk about the way I got the shot… we can talk about the color of my skin…. And we can talk about how I’ve never been on the top of the mountain before but none of that matters in just a little while. I’ve got 60-minutes to beat you Race… for me  it is a race against time… and a race I can’t afford to lose!

Caudle and Crockett put it over huge as we cut to our next big contest… it is Wrestling II taking on Dick Slater...

Wrestling II vs Dick Slater w/ JJ Dillon
-JJ is jumping back and forth between second and commentary putting over his man Dick Slater. He continues to try and get involved while Slater takes advantage of every opportunity. All the commotion brings out Paul Ellering and he is trying to hold JJ Dillon back. Dillon swats him away and goes up on the apron but then we see Wrestling II move and Slater hits the ropes which hits Dillon who isn’t ready and falls own on the concrete floor and hits his shoulder in a nasty way. Slater can’t believe it but he turns around and Wrestling II with a big high knee and then the 3-count! Wrestling II and Ellering celebrate but JJ Dillon seems to be in a bad way right now...

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back with Caudle and Crockett saying that JJ is on his way to the hospital… he may have a busted shoulder...they put over the powerful trio of Patera, Valentine, and Koloff who then come out to a chorus of boos...

Ken Patera, Ivan Koloff, & Greg Valentine defeated Jim Neidhart, Bobby Fulton, & Tommy Rogers via the POWERSLAM from Patera!

The trio come over and they are working the crowd… they’ve got some serious heat to go with their titles… 

246611386_IvanKoloff.jpg.490ba895fe091414a3776da4cde6c8fb.jpg1934849817_GregValentine2.jpg.2176a29862c6822bbb592c7c1f434b8e.jpg38956918_KenPatera2.jpg.50e968792392a7cb001b4e9a6b433c63.jpg

Ivan Koloff: The time has come Piper… the time has come…  tomorrow night we’re going to eliminate you once and for all then I will take the US TITLE! It will be mine! You will fall at my hands and the world will know I am the one true champion of these United States and I will take the title with me back to Russia!

Greg Valentine: I love it… for months now we’ve been having to heat from Piper and Steamboat and Flair… well tomorrow night in Charlotte… it all comes to head. We’re going to end this once and for all and then… when we beat you… we’re going to run you out of this territory forever!

Ken Patera: This trio of pain and destruction and dominance has shown itself to the Mid Atlantic. We’re tired of hearing the fans chant their names and now it is time for us to show everyone why we are the most dominant group in wrestling...

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back with Caudle and Crockett putting over the trio of Valentine, Patera, and Koloff. They talk about Ricky Steamboat being a top contender for the titles. We see him in action here tonight… let’s head to the ring...

Ricky Steamboat defeated Super Destroyer II w/ SD I with a high cross body!

Just as the match finishes we see Super Destroyer I jump in the ring and they team up on Steamboat until Ric Flair comes out to make the save! They are wearing the Super Destroyers out with big chops and then clotheslines out of the ring to the floor! Steamboat and Flair walk over to Caudle and Crockett and here comes Roddy Piper...

1628879525_RicFlair2.jpg.a42adcf2b2edf88c65b10058ebcfc701.jpg1015594040_RoddyPiper2.jpg.a9a5841ee45f5fd999a5b4515a790136.jpg2007231238_RickySteamboat1.jpg.37bd02113c395299bf97cc4456ed5a0e.jpg

Ricky Steamboat: Tomorrow night… Charlotte... Koloff… Patera… Valentine… this war comes to an end! We’re going to walk in with three men and walk out with three. We’re going to take you apart piece by piece! We will be the ones who SURVIVE!

Roddy Piper: I don’t know who thought it up… you got six-men… put them in the ring and then have them fight each other to the point that they have to eliminate the other team. Well right here… the three of us have got a common goal… we've got one thing to do and that is to destroy everything in our path. Boys… this is WAR!

Ric Flair: Tomorrow night… perhaps the greatest arena in the world is going to be home to perhaps the most prestigious match outside of the NWA World Title. Tomorrow night the top six-wrestlers in this promotion are going to step into that ring and only one team is going to walk out. It may be three men, it may be two men… it may only be one… of us...who walks out with our hand raised high… and then… we’re going to go out on the town and show the world why we are the best… WOO!

*COMMERCIAL*

Caudle and Crockett are back putting over the big announcement that next week we’ll see The NWA World Tag Team Champions… The Masked Superstar and Paul Jones taking on Wahoo McDaniel and Jimmy Snuka! Also next week… Greg Valentine will be defending the television title against Jim Garvin.  Plus we’ll see Barry Windham and Jay Youngblood taking on Ole and Gene Anderson! Right now the NWA World Title is on the line…. Let’s go to the ring! 

Tom Miller: Ladies and gentlemen our next contest is scheduled for one fall with a 60 minute time limit. This bout is sanctioned by the National Wrestling Alliance and will be for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship! Introducing the challenger… from Honolulu, Hawaii… he is 6’2” and weighs in tonight at 235 pounds… he is Sweet Ebony… Rocky Johnshon! The champion… he hails from St. Louis, Missouri. He stands 6’2” and weighs in tonight at 254 pounds. He is the reigning and defending NWA World Heavyweight Champion… ladies and gentlemen… Harley Race!

838376398_HarleyRace0.jpg.816f053a481ef1cbdf8c2eda441c90bb.jpg2016738221_RockyJohnson2.jpg.bbde2be9829dc65b9295f6cc783a5000.jpg

NWA HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Harley Race ©  vs Rocky Johnson

-Big time main event… Tom Miller sets the stage… here we go! Johnson comes out in a big way and he is shooting some rights and lefts and Race doesn’t seem to be ready for the flurry. Caudle and Crockett put it over in a big but then we see Harley Race turn the tide...he wears down Johnson with some big time power moves. He works over Johnson’s back and neck… when Race looks to finish we see Rocky Johnson fight back… he really gets cooking and then hits a huge dropkick and Race is reeling… Johnson with a couple of huge rights and lefts and then swings for a big right but Race ducks and knees him into the turnbuckle… Johnson falls backwards and Race with a big European uppercut and then a PILEDRIVER for the 3-count! 

Caudle and Crockett put it over as Rocky Johnson was so close but Harley Race has shown once again why he is one of the top wrestlers in the world and he will hold that title until he chooses not to. Next week we’ve got some big matches with the NWA Tag titles on the line… join us then!

Johnson gives it all he's got but Race weather's the storm to retain the title.

Koloff/Patera/Valentine vs Piper/Flair/Steamboat is a almost endless supply of intriguing matches.

It's champions vs champions next week as Jones & Superstar take on Wahoo & Snuka in a match that i can see really pulling in ratings.

MACW is rolling!

The Soul Man getting so close to winning the title had to be devastating for him. Don't know if Harley will want to give him another shot though!

I feel like Piper/Steamboat/Flair vs Koloff/Patera/Valentine will be bloody as hell!

Sunday May 2

MACW - Charlotte Coliseum in Charlotte, North Carolina, USA 

MAIN EVENT
SIX-MAN ELIMINATION MATCH

Ric Flair, Roddy Piper, & Ricky Steamboat vs Ken Patera, Ivan Koloff, & Greg Valentine

1. Steamboat was eliminated via a Russian Sickle to the back of the next followed by a Greg Valentine roll up for a 3-count
  2. Ivan Koloff was defeated by Roddy Piper following a missed Sickle and backslide for a 3-count.
  3. Valentine was disqualified when he hit Piper with the tv title causing him to be busted open. 
  4. Patera defeated Piper with a bear hug slam for a 3-count.
  5. Ric Flair defeated Ken Patera via roll up for the 3-count and the win!

MACW TAG TITLES
Wahoo & Snuka defeated The Andersons
Gino & Tully defeated Kevin & David Von Erich
Kerry Von Erich defeated Kabuki
Rocky Johnson defeated Nikolai Volkoff
Dick Slater w/ JJ Dillon defeated Wrestling II w/ Paul Ellering
Tenryu defeated Bret Hart
Jay Youngblood & Barry Windham defeated The Super Destroyers

Monday May 3

MACW - Event @ Dorton Arena in Raleigh, North Carolina, USA

NWA United States Championship
Roddy Piper defeated Ivan Koloff via DQ
MACW Heavyweight Title
Ken Patera vs Ric Flair went to a double count out!
Kerry Von Erich defeated Nikolai Volkoff
Gino & Tully defeated Kevin & David Von Erich
Dick Slater defeated Wrestling II
The Super Destroyers defeated Hacksaws Duggan and Reed
Barry Windham & Jay Youngblood defeated The Assassins

MACW - Event @ in Hampton, Virginia, USA

MACW Tag Team Championship
Wahoo & Snuka defeated Michael Hayes & Terry Gordy
MACW Television Championship
Greg Valentine vs Rick Steamboat went to a 20-minute DRAW
Kabuki defeated Rocky Johnson
Buddy Roberts defeated Brian Blair
Tenryu & Saito defeated Bret Hart & Jim Neidhart
Jim Garvin defeated Bobby Duncum

Tuesday May 4

MACW - Event @ Township Auditorium in Columbia, South Carolina, USA 

NWA United States Championship & MACW Heavyweight Title
Roddy Piper vs Ken Patera went to a double DQ
Kerry & David Von Erich defeated Ivan Koloff & Nikolai Volkoff
Tully Blanchard Defeated Kevin Von Erich
Ric Flair vs Gino Hernandez went to a 30-minute draw
The Super Destroyers defeated Hacksaws Duggan and Reed
Barry Windham & Jay Youngblood defeated The Assassins

MACW - Event @ Freedom Hall in Johnson City, Tennessee, USA 

MACW Tag Team Championship
Wahoo & Snuka defeated Michael Hayes & Buddy Roberts
MACW Television Championship
Greg Valentine defeated Rocky Johnson
Kabuki defeated Ricky Steamboat went to a double DQ
Terry Gordy defeated Jim Neidhart
Tenryu & Saito defeated Brian Blair & Jim Garvin
Bret Hart defeated Bobby Duncum

Saturday

MACW TV Taping - TV-Show @ in Raleigh, North Carolina, USA May 8, 1981

MACW opens this week with Bob Caudle and David Crockett putting over the big night of action along with the NWA world Tag Team Champions being here live to take on Wahoo and Snuka. Things then heat up… here comes the Nature Boy Ric Flair… Flair starts in on chasing the NWA World Title. He says it is his ultimate goal of 1981. He says he is willing to do whatever it takes to get the gold and he wants Jim Crockett out here to make it happen… Jim comes out and he and Flair have a back and forth… Jim Crockett makes the big announcement that in July… the NWA Champion will be back here in Mid Atlantic and they have booked him for a big show on July the 4th in Greensboro… but the man who will receive the shot will be the NWA United States Champion… Roddy Piper… or whomever the champion is at that time. That kind of stirs Flair up… what does this mean for him and his buddy?

Bret Hart defeated Ron Ritchie via the Pile Driver! 

*COMMERCIAL*

We’re back on MACW with Ken Patera putting over the Mid Atlantic championship and talking about taking on any and all comers. He says that he’s tired of beating guys like Flair… Piper… and Steamboat. He says he wants a new challenge… he is out here to cheer on his buddy… Greg Valentine who is in action next...

MACW TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
Greg Valentine © vs Jim Garvin
-A nice little tv title match. These guys go about 12-minutes and Jim Garvin is able to get a little shine. Ken Patera is putting over Valentine in a big way while we continue to hear about possible challengers like Rick Steamboat, Rocky Johnson, and the Great Kabuki! Jim Garvin looks to go for a piledriver but Valentine tosses him over his back and as Garvin gets up… Valentine hits the ropes and then a nasty elbow smash to the skull and he goes down for the 1...2...3! Valentine retains and looks strong here...

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back with Caudle and Crockett putting over the big announcement from Jim Crockett earlier tonight the US Champion will receive a shot against the NWA World Champion… that brings out Roddy Piper who is holding the title and he sets it on the table... He says that he is willing to put it up against anyone… he doesn’t care who it is… when Caudle brings up Ric Flair… Piper doesn’t falter… he says that if he has to beat him to get the title… then he will do whatever it takes. 

Barry Windham & Jay Youngblood vs Ole & Gene Andersons
-Another big time match with a lot of action. Youngblood and Windham have been tearing it up as of late and the crowd is solidly behind them as Ole and Gene Anderson are trying to keep up. We see them isolate Youngblood but he makes the big tag to Windham who comes in like a house of fire! He is rocking and rolling and hitting some huge shots all around. Youngblood tries to get back up and when he does he nails Ole with a huge dropkick sending him out of the ring to the floor! Gene turns around and Windham off the top rope with a LARIAT and the 1….2…..3! Windham and Youngblood with the big win and the crowd pops! Windham and Youngblood jump into the fans and celebrate. Ole is checking on Gene who is moving slowly… something may be wrong here.

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back with Caudle and Crockett saying that Gene Anderson had to be helped to the back… we’ll know more as we get it about his condition… this brings out JJ Dillon with Slater...Dillon has his arm in a sling… he says what just happened to Gene Anderson is the garbage that is plaguing Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling right now. He says that he and Slater were going to be the premiere tag team in this sport but now he is locked up with a separated shoulder and he isn’t sure when he’ll return. He says he loathes the talents like Wrestling II… Jay Youngblood… Barry Windham… and so many others who do their best to hurt their competitors rather than try to compete… revenge will be his! 

Kevin & Kerry Von Erich defeated The Super Destroyers

David comes out to join Kevin and Kerry and they are putting over quite a few things. First they talk about the tag title situation with Paul Jones and Masked Superstar. They talk about winning those titles in the near future. They also discuss the six-man titles that they will be the first to hold later on this summer. Then we hear David go right after Ken Patera and say he wants to challenge him for the MACW title and Kevin and Kerry say he may find a way to get past one of them but he won’t get past the family!

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back with Caudle and Crockett putting over the big tag title match later on. We also hear that Ken Patera has ruined his locker room in the back after hearing David Von Erich talk. We will see if they will meet in the coming weeks. They turn their attention to the big contest coming up next...

Kabuki defeated Brian Blair via the Oriental Claw! 

Gary Hart and Kabuki are joined by Gino and Tully who go right into Wahoo and Snuka. They say that they hope they win tonight so that tomorrow night in Norfolk, with Gary Hart in the cage, their match will be for the NWA tag titles as well! Gary Hart then puts it on the line and says that Kabuki has issued a challenge… to Greg Valentine… Hart says that Valentine has the TV title and soon it will be Kabukis. He also announces that Gino, Tully, and Gino will win the tag titles but also the six-man titles and be completely unstoppable. 

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back with Caudle and Crockett putting over the big main event. They also talk about how Dusty Rhodes will be here next week. The crowd pops for that and then we get the entrances for our big main event for the NWA World Tag Team Championship!

NWA TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Paul Jones & Masked Superstar © vs Wahoo McDaniel & Jimmy Snuka
-A really good 13-minute contest with Masked Superstar and Wahoo stealing the show. Caudle brings up how Paul Jones and Wahoo McDaniel were at one point NWA World tag team champions. A lot has happened since they were partners but now they’re on opposite sides of the tracks. The finish is kind of messy with Gino and Tully jumping back out to try and get involved but it is Kerry and Kevin and David who come out and break them up. This also brings out Ken Patera and now he and David Von Erich are throwing some big time blows with one another. The ruckus outside of the ring clears but that gives Masked Superstar a chance to put something in his mask and then he headbutts Wahoo and busts him wide open. The blood is gushing out of his heat and oh my… Superstar covers him for the 3-count and the champs retain. This is chaos. Caudle and Crockett put it through the roof… we’ll see what happens next week!

Sunday May 9

MACW - Event @ Norfolk Scope in Norfolk, Virginia, USA 

MAIN EVENT
MACW Title
David Von Erich defeated Ken Patera via DQ

MACW Tag Titles - Gary Hart in a cage
Wahoo & Snuka vs Gino & Tully ended in a No Contest when the referee stopped the match when Wahoo McDaniel was bleeding so bad he couldn’t continue. There was a lot of issue with Gino and Tully who thought they won the titles but Snuka was able to fight them off.

Paul Jones & Masked Superstar © defeated Kerry and Kevin Von Erich

Ric Flair & Roddy Piper defeated Ivan Koloff & Nikolai Volkoff

NWA Television Title
Ricky Steamboat defeated Greg Valentine via Count out!

The Freebirds defeated Bret Hart, Jay Youngblood, & Jim Garvin

Ole Anderson defeated Barry Windham

Wrestling II defeated Dick Slater via DQ

Monday May 10

MACW - Event @ Civic Center in Asheville, North Carolina, USA

Paul Jones & Masked Superstar © vs David & Kerry Von Erich went to a 30-minute draw!
MACW Title
Ken Patera defeated Kevin Von Erich
MACW Tag Titles
Gino & Tully defeated Jimmy Snuka & Jay Youngblood (sub for Wahoo) via DQ
NWA Television Title
Ricky Steamboat defeated Greg Valentine via Count out!
Ric Flair & Roddy Piper defeated Ivan Koloff & Nikolai Volkoff
Barry Windham defeated Ole Anderson

Tuesday May 11

MACW - Event @ Augusta Expo in Fisherville, Virginia, USA 

Ric Flair & Roddy Piper defeated Paul Jones & Masked Superstar © via DQ
The Von Erichs defeated Ken Patera, Ivan Koloff, & Ole Anderson
MACW TITLE TITLES
Snuka & Steamboat (sub for Wahoo) defeated Gino & Tully
Barry Windham defeated Nikolai Volkoff
NWA TV TITLE
Greg Valentine defeated Jay Youngblood

Some great stuff all around for TV and house shows! Loving to see those top babyfaces rotating to replace Wahoo. Also allows you to see what pairing can be good for Jimmy Snuka as well.

That tag team division is loaded for sure. Gino & Tully got to keep an eye on Flair & Piper for those Mid-Atlantic titles!

Thursday May 13

MACW - Event @ Memorial Auditorium in Spartanburg, South Carolina, USA 

MACW Title
Ric Flair defeated Ken Patera via DQ

Paul Jones & Masked Superstar © defeated Ricky Steamboat & Jay Youngblood

Roddy Piper defeated Gino Hernandez

MACW Tag Titles
Jimmy Snuka &  Barry Windham (sub for Wahoo) defeated Ivan Koloff & Nikolai Volkoff

MACW TV Championship
Greg Valentine defeated Kevin Von Erich

Kerry von Erich defeated Tully Blanchard via DQ

David Von Erich defeated Ole Anderson

Friday May 14

MACW - Event @ County Hall in Charleston, South Carolina, USA 

Kerry Von Erich & David Von Erich defeated Paul Jones & Masked Superstar © via DQ
MACW Title
Ken Patera defeated Kevin Von Erich
MACW Tag Titles
Jimmy Snuka & Ricky Steamboat (Sub for Wahoo) defeated Gino & Tully
NWA US TITLE
Roddy Piper vs Ric Flair went to a 30-minute draw
MACW TV TITLE
Greg Valentine defeated Jay Youngblood
Ole Anderson defeated Barry Windham

MACW.jpg.e4174d2318a29d89c8ac7d231bc11846.jpg

MACW TV Taping - TV-Show @ in Raleigh, North Carolina, USA May 15, 1981

MACW is on the air with Bob Caudle and Jim Crockett putting over a huge night of action including a big NWA World Tag Team Title match tonight with Kevin and Kerry Von Erich taking on Paul Jones and Masked Superstar. Things stop though when we see Gino Hernandez and Tully Blanchard come out and they’re fuming! 

Gary Hart leads his men out and then goes on a rant about what happened last week in Norfolk. He talks about being locked in the cage and the absolute miscarrage of justice! He says that Wahoo was unable to continue and due to that… the titles should have been forfeit and changed hands! Caudle and Crockett try to intercept but We see Kabuki get in their way. Gary Hart says he wants some answers and he wants them now! 

Caudle and Crockett put over this issue and say that Jim Crockett Jr will need to weigh in later on in the program. We’ll hear from him soon… right now we head to the ring for our opening contest. 

The Freebirds defeated Bobby Fulton & Tommy Rogers via the Powerslam by Gordy!

The Freebirds (Hayes, Gordy, & Roberts) come over and cut a promo on all the issues going on here in MACW. They say that they are going to keep their eyes open on every title and soon there will be some gold coming back to Bad Street!

*COMMERCIAL*

246611386_IvanKoloff.jpg.490ba895fe091414a3776da4cde6c8fb.jpg38956918_KenPatera2.jpg.50e968792392a7cb001b4e9a6b433c63.jpg210823601_OleAnderson2.jpg.d8623126742ef74ec1246a08c94fc11f.jpg

Patera is fuming as we come back… he says that he wants some answers why he had to wait! Ole Anderson then chimes in that he has got a bone to pick with Barry Windham… he says that Gene Anderson is going to need some time off due to injuries and now he is going to be teaming up with these two. He says that Barry Windham is going to need to get a partner because Anderson and Koloff are going to beat him within an inch of his life. 

Patera then goes off on David Von Erich. He says that Von Erich and Windham are nothing but second generation trash! He is going to take him apart just like Paul Jones and Masked Superstar are going to destroy his brothers tonight!

935417048_BarryWindham1.jpg.6425e7e631531dc03abe0e4dec6a4ad6.jpg196069070_DavidVonErich.jpg.e812ef19eb591bea2f5c749e370c529d.jpg

Here comes David Von Erich and Barry Windham…

Windham and Von Erich don’t seem to be phased by the challenge and say they accept… Anderson then says just who is going to be their third partner?

Out walks the AMERICAN DREAM… DUSTY RHODES!

1804006679_DustyRhodes80.jpg.d570f1bd619a148a66af820653f645cd.jpg

Rhodes comes out and the crowd goes wild! He says that if they want to do the damn thing… LET’S DO IT TONIGHT! 

Koloff, Anderson, and Patera back off and say they’ll be back soon! Caudle and Crockett put it over huge for this big six-man that will be taking place a little later on… right now we’ve got more action…

Bret Hart defeated Assassin #2 via the Piledriver!

*COMMERCIAL*

We’re back and see some footage from the issue with Gino and Tully taking on Wahoo and Snuka… we see the blood stoppage in Norfolk and then Jim Crockett Jr comes out. He announces that in two weeks… in Norfolk… inside of a steel cage...there MUST BE A WINNER when we see Gino and Tully taking on Wahoo and Snuka one final time! 

MACW TELEVISION TITLE
Greg Valentine © defeated Jim Neidhart via the Figure Four Leg Lock

Valentine comes over and talks about holding the tv title. He says he is willing to challenge anyone… anytime. He talks about Steamboat being a contender but he’s beat him in every town… he says he isn’t afraid of Kabuki… then we see Bret Hart come out. He says that he has racked up quite a few wins lately and would like to try his hand against Valentine. Valentine laughs it up and says he is happy to give him a shot… we’ve got a match for next week!

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back with Crockett and Caudle puting over all the big action from tonight… we then cut to the ring for this huge six-man tag team match…

SIX-MAN TAG
Dusty Rhodes, David Von Erich, & Barry Windham vs Ken Patera, Ole Anderson, & Ivan Koloff

-A big time six-man… main event anywhere in the country. They go about 15-minutes with everyone getting involved. The crowd lights up big time with Dusty and Patera going toe to toe and then Von Erich comes in and they explode. Ole and Windham have a great little tussle. As time winds on we see chaos ensue with everyone getting involved… the finish is a DQ when Dusty and David take Patera out of the ring but this leads to Ole and Koloff wrapping the chain around Windham’s head and tossing him over the ropes! The crowd is going nuts right now. Dusty and David save Barry but he’s in a bad way...

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back with Caudle and Crockett putting over that big six-man but here comes JJ Dillon and Dick Slater come out. Dillon continues to rant about Wrestling II hurting his shoulder but that brings him out with Paul Ellering… they challenge Slater to a tag team match next week! Slater says he will take them on… all by himself… but he will have some backup!

Dick Slater w/ JJ Dillon defeated Brian Blair via the Swinging Neckbreaker!

1867835159_RicFlair22.jpg.1e2c4c5d99bdf3cd8e0203866b1a630d.jpg

The crowd is stirring… out comes Ric Flair… he starts going on with his issues with Harley Race and he says that on July the 4th… he will be in Greensboro and he will walk out with the title… but that brings out… Roddy Piper! 

1015594040_RoddyPiper2.jpg.a9a5841ee45f5fd999a5b4515a790136.jpg

Roddy: You know Ric… you keep talking about getting that title shot… but to the best of my knowledge… in order to get that shot… you’ve got to have this. (points at the title) Right now… I got it. 

Flair: Roddy… you and I have been up and down the road brother… when I say I am going to challenge Race… you know that I mean the truth. The problem may be that standing in my way… is you. Well brother… you know that when it comes to this sport… friends can come and go… what you and I have been through makes us closer than friends… we’ve been in wars with one another and together against others…. But getting that NWA World Title is the thing that means more to me than anything else. 

Roddy: That NWA World Title is on my mind too and I will be damned if I am going to just lay down and let someone else get my shot. I don’t lay down for anyone…

Flair: Then I may just have to know you down…

Roddy: Whenever you feel frisky… just say when pal…

David Crockett gets in the middle of the two of them to break them apart… Flair and Piper don’t seem to be seeing eye to eye right now… but rather nose to nose!

*COMMERCIAL*

We’re back with MACW and we’ve got Tom Miller setting the stage…

Tom Miller: Ladies and gentlemen, the next contest is scheduled for one-fall with a 60-minute time limit. This bout is sanctioned by the National Wrestling Alliance and will be for the NWA World Tag Team Championship! Introducing first, the challengers…. From Denton, Texas… Kerry and Kevin… the Von Erich Brothers! Their opponents… the reigning and defending NWA World Tag Team Champions… Paul Jones and the Masked Superstar!

Kerry & Kevin Von Erich vs Paul Jones & Masked Superstar ©

-Big time match… a lot on the line… they get some time and they do some work. It is a good 17-minute match with the crowd solidly behind the Von Erichs. Superstar and Jones are very good as a team and really tear down Kerry and Kevin. They get an extended heat segment on Kevin that leads us to a hot finish. We get Superstar and Jones doubling up but then Kevin makes a huge hot tag to Kerry who flies off the top rope with clothesline! He then hits a couple of huge dropkicks and the Texas Tornado is rocking! Jones and Superstar can’t seem to get right! We have chaos as Superstar runs at Kevin who tosses him over his shoulder and the top rope to the floor. On the other side… Jones turns around and here comes Kerry with the CLAW! Jones is reeling before Kerry then hits the discus punch before Kevin off the top rope with a HIGH CROSS BODY for the 1...2….3! WE HAVE NEW WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!

THE CROWD EXPLODES! Here comes David to celebrate with his brothers! The crowd is going wild while Masked Superstar is screaming at the referee that Kevin wasn't the legal man! Caudle and Crockett put it through the roof… we have NEW CHAMPIONS!

195916546_KerryVonErich87.jpg.3533191edee5742e7c1fa857f71c96bf.jpg303908923_KevinVonErich84.jpg.8bb23ffa7e64d353ad80ed273aa69ef0.jpg

First the house shows.

Seems to me when you put Ole Anderson in the opener two shows in a row you must have a stacked roster.

I'm sure Snuka & Windham were good together but Snuka & Steamboat just sounds right.

The Hammer scores two impressive defenses against Youngblood & Von Erich.

Piper defeats Gino then goes Broadway with Flair! Hot Tod putting in work.

Patera takes the easy way out against Flair then scores a win over Kevin Von Erich.

Meanwhile Jones & MS face tough challengers in back-to-back defenses.

To the TV taping.

Gary Hart & co want answers damnit! 

The Freebirds pick up a win and put every champion on notice. Gonna keep an eye on them.

Ole makes some new friends while Gene takes some time off. Unfortunately DVE & Windham can count not just on each other but the American Dream! But the heels respond by hanging Windham! By God the heat!

Bret Hart fights off an Assassin then answers Valentine's challenge. Hope he's not biting off to much.

Oh what the World Title does to friendships. Things are getting intense fast between Piper & Flair.

And we go off the air with NEW World Tag Team champions! Or do we? After rereading the match i think Jones & MS have a case.

I'm legitimately amazed at your ability to balance this roster.

What a huge win for the Von Erich brothers. Certainly are riding high right now and it's gonna be awfully hard to take the title away from them.

And yeah, I don't think this friendship with Piper & Flair will last much longer when the World title is around!

• 2 weeks later...

MACW TV Taping - TV-Show @ in Raleigh, North Carolina, USA May 22, 1981

MACW opens with footage from last week when we saw the issue from Barry Windham getting choked with the chain by Ivan Koloff & Ole Anderson. We then see the big NWA World Tag Team Title win of the Von Erichs when Kerry & Kevin defeated The Masked Superstar & Paul Jones! That leads us to the ring with Bob Caudle and David Crockett putting over a huge night of action and we see David Von Erich come out…

Bob Caudle: Welcome in here David… we want to wish you and your brothers the deepest congratulations on winning the NWA world tag team championship!

DVE: Well Bob… I’d be remiss if I didn’t shed a tear right now for my brothers… it is the ultimate goal to be a champion in this sport… in the NWA… tag team wrestling is paramount and to have my brothers on top of the mountain...well… there’s no better feeling.

Caudle: I think the only sour point may be that they will no longer be regulars here in MACW… they’ll be traveling champions…

DVE: That’s right… you know when you’re an NWA Champion… you have to defend those titles every night all across this country. I know Mid Atlantic is going to be a frequent stop but to not have my brothers here...well that is never a good feeling. I also want to send best wishes out to Barry Windham who has got stitches in his face right now and is going to be back real soon to get revenge on you Ivan Koloff!

That brings out the Masked Superstar but he isn’t alone… he’s got Ken Patera & Ivan Koloff with him…

Superstar: If anyone wants revenge… IT’S ME VON ERICH! I am holding you and your brothers personally responsible for me losing those titles! I am going to take it out on you… and then… when your brothers decide they have got the guts to show back up here in the Mid Atlantic… I am going to get my titles back but this time with a new partner! One who isn’t weak like Paul Jones…

Ken Patera: I know you’ve had your eyes on this title Von Erich… but understand something… you aren’t even going to get close to it. Now you don’t have your little brothers running around and attacking people from behind… well now… we’re the ones who are challenging you and we’re coming right to you face to face…

DVE: You know I figured you would want to do that… so I got some backup…

Out comes Dusty Rhodes to a huge ovation!

Dusty: Ken Patera… you dirty dog… looks like you didn’t get enough last week… well I guess we gonna have to do the damn thing one more time baby! Right here tonight!

Patera: Haha… Rhodes… there’s only two of you… no other Von Erichs… no Barry Windham…. Who do you have to help you?!

THE CROWD EXPLODES WHEN ANDRE THE GIANT WALKS OUT! OMG! HE’S HERE! Patera, Koloff, & Superstar freak out and back off! We’ve got a HUGE six-man coming up tonight… 

Ole Anderson defeated Scott Casey via the Armbreaker!

Ole walks over and says he isn’t going anywhere! What happened to Barry Windham last week was just the beginning. He tells Rhodes, Von Erich, and Andre to watch their back because he’s going to be in the corner of Patera, Superstar, & Koloff tonight! 

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back and Caudle and Crockett put over the big six-man coming up tonight. They also pump up the big Television Championship match tonight with Valentine taking on Bret Hart! Right now though… we’ve got some tag team action… let’s go to the ring!

Mr. Wrestling II & Paul Ellering vs Dick Slater & Super Destroyer II w/ JJ Dillon
-An interesting tag with SD II out there with Slater. This one is a pretty good 8-minute contest with Wrestling II and Ellering getting some good pop from the crowd but as the match goes on things heat up with Slater and SD II getting some nice heat. The finish sees JJ Dillon pull Wrestling II out of the ring before we see SD II and Slater try to double up on Ellering but he is able to break free. The problem is that SD II goes under the ring and here comes SD I! The switcheroo! He hammers Ellering from behind and Slater picks him up for the big BRAINBUSTER and the 3-count! SD II jumps back out and now they’re on the attack on Ellering! They pick him up outside the ring and ram his shoulder into the ring post! OH MY! They do it again! Wrestling II tries to stop them but the damage has been done! Dillon and company laugh it off all the way to the back! 

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back and Caudle and Crockett are joined by the Freebirds. They put over the World Tag Titles and the MACW Tag Title situations along with the thoughts of the NWA Six-Man titles. They say that they feel naked without the gold and it is getting cold on Badstreet!

Jimmy Snuka defeated Ron Ritchie via the SUPERFLY!

Wahoo comes out to join Jimmy Snuka and they put over the big cage match next week in Norfolk. Wahoo says that his head may never heal but he knows that the titles are the most important thing and he’s going to be there to defend and keep those titles! 

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back with Gary Hart out there and he’s got Kabuki, Tully, & Gino. They run over the big cage match next week for the MACW Tag Titles. Then Gary Hart turns his attention to Greg Valentine… he says that he has an open contract for Kabuki to face him for the TV title. When will Valentine answer this challenge?!

MACW TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
Bret Hart vs Greg Valentine ©

-A good showcase for Bret Hart who is made to look great by Valentine. The Hammer is able to get some good heat on him before Bret makes a great comeback! Bret is really cooking here with some good dropkicks and clotheslines but he goes for broke with a high cross body off the top rope but Valentine ducks. Bret is slow to get up but then Valentine comes from behind with a CHOP BLOCK! Valentine sets him up...FIGURE FOUR LEG LOCK! Bret tries to move and get out but he can’t get out… he has to tap and Valentine is the winner…

The problem is that Valentine won’t let go but then we see Ricky Steamboat come out and the crowd pops as he lets everyone know that Greg Valentine isn’t going to just do whatever he wants out here! We then see Gary Hart come out and he challenges Steamboat on behalf of Kabuki… next week.. .with the winner getting a shot at the TV Title right here on television! Steamboat is happy to accept and we’ve got a whale of a match next week!

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back and out comes Ric Flair. The crowd is rockin and the Nature Boy seems to have something on his mind…

Ric Flair: You know… I have got out here to set the story straight… Roddy Piper… I know you’re back there pal… listen to me when I say that I am not afraid of you pal. There’s been a lot of talk about me ducking you well pal… here’s the contract. Sign the dotted line. If I have to get through you to get to Race… sign it pal! Norfolk, Virginia next week… sign on and let’s do the damn thing!

Rocky Johnson defeated Tenryu with a Flying Shoulder Block!

After the contest… we don’t have to wait long… here comes the US Champion… Rowdy Roddy Piper…

Roddy Piper: Flair… my friend… I am not afraid of you… I am defending this title against any and all comers… Norfolk… next week.. You got it pal! You want Race… you gotta get through me… well… let’s see if you can do it! 

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back with Caudle and Crockett putting over the huge announcement… next week in Norfolk… Ric Flair vs Roddy Piper for the US title… Gino and Tully vs Wahoo and Snuka in a cage… it is going to be a show you can’t afford to miss. Tonight… we have got the biggest six-man match in the history of MACW… let’s go to the ring! 

SIX-MAN TAG
Andre the Giant, Dusty Rhodes, & David Von Erich vs Ken Patera, Masked Superstar, & Ivan Koloff w/ Ole Anderson

-A huge main event and the crowd is absolutely rocking. David and Dusty do a lot of the work and get some great heat going with Ivan and Patera. Masked Superstar and Andre take things to another level and the fans are just going nuts. It is a nice 13-minute contest and everyone gets in there. The highlight may be Patera and Andre just throwing bombs at one another. We get some chaos with Ole Anderson getting involved and he pulls Dusty out of the ring. Ole and Koloff are teaming up on Dusty… Masked Superstar and David are on the other side of the ring. Wait just a second… who is that? Is that Skandar Akbar… what the hell is he doing here? Patera with a knee to the back of Andre and he falls into the ropes. Akbar then walks up and FIREBALLS ANDRE! OMG! The referee calls for the bell and the fans can’t believe it! 

The chaos continues as we see Dusty try to get in there and help Andre. He is getting stomped and kicked while David gets a chair to come in there and stop the issue. Akbar is shaking hands with Patera and Masked Superstar. What is going on here? Andre has been blinded! Caudle and Crockett put this over in a huge way!

Masked Superstar feels confident with his new friends watching his back but that changes quickly as Dusty Rhodes & ANDRE THE GIANT arrive on the scene.

Ole scores the win then let's it be known that he'll have his friends backs.

Precious Paul takes a loss AND possibly ends up on the shelf courtesy of JJ & the Super Destroyers(Not a bad band name)

The Freebirds are on the hunt for gold. This doesn't bold well for any belt holder.

Superfly and the Chief are ready to defend their tag titles injury or not.

Valentine fends off young Brett Hart and now awaits the winner of Steamboat/Kabuki.

And we have a date for Piper/Flair for the U.S strap and a chance to face the world champion.

The Soul Man picks up a nice tv win.

A massive main event end in chaos as Skandar Akbar debuts and introduces himself to Andre with a fireball! That's how you debut a heel manager.

MACW TV Taping - TV-Show @ in Raleigh, North Carolina, USA May 29, 1981

MACW opens this week with some good footage from the issue last week with Andre the Giant being blinded by Skandar Akbar and that nasty fireball! We then see Akbar walk out to a chorus of boos and with him is Ken Patera and Masked Superstar…. Caudle and Crockett ask what his motive is…

Skandar Akbar: I don’t have any need to announce my intentions to the two of you or to any one of these morons out here. Let me make it completely clear… I am here to make MONEY! I make money off of my investment… these two men are the top earning superstars in this company and they will continue to be at my employ. I am also taking on the contract of Ivan Koloff and Ole Anderson. Together… these four men will take over MACW in every shape, form, and fashion. 

Masked Superstar: It started last week with Andre the Giant and it is going to end when we walk all over every single hero you pukes out there cheer for. Look at what happened to Barry Windham… look at Andre… we won’t stop…

Ken Patera: This MACW title is the top championship in this company. I am going continue to beat every single man in my way…

Jim Crockett then walks out and the crowd begins to stir…

Skandar: What do you want?

Jim Crockett: Well… after last week… I had a very angry man storm into my office and he demanded a match… a match against Ken Patera… here tonight on Mid Atlantic… that man’s name is ANDRE THE GIANT! I felt that the fans needed it… I felt that he deserved it… so I booked it right here for tonight… so Patera… GET READY!

The crowd erupts with that huge announcement… we’ll see that big match up later on plus we’ll see Steamboat and Kabuki! Right now it is time for tag team action… let’s go to the ring!

Hacksaw Duggan & Butch Reed defeated The Assassins via the FLYING SHOULDER BLOCK!

Duggan and Reed walk over and work the fans and talk about being a team that people need to keep an eye on in 81! They plans to take on all comers and prove that the strength of the 2x4s can’t be denied!

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back with Caudle and Crockett talking to Rocky Johnson who says he’s keeping a very close eye on the tv title contender match later on. He has good hopes for Ricky Steamboat but says he isn’t going to be too far away from challenging for the TV title when he gets a chance!

The Freebirds defeated Brian Blair, Tommy Rogers, & Bobby Fulton via the POWERBOMB from Gordy!

The Freebirds come over and officially put their names in the hats for the NWA Six-Man Title tournament that will start next week in Greensboro. They make it clear there won’t be too many challengers who can stop them and soon they’ll be the champions that no one can stop!

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back and we have got Caudle and Crockett putting over the introduction of Skandar Akbar and his allegiance with Ole Anderson and Ivan Koloff. They put over what happened to Barry Windham a couple of weeks ago and wonder if that’s just the beginning!?!

Ole Anderson & Ivan Koloff w/ Skandar Akbar defeated Jay Youngblood & Jim Garvin

Ole and Ivan continue the beatdown until Barry Windham comes out and they back off. Ole, Ivan, and Skandar go to the booth and they are calling out Windham. They want to know just what Windham is going to do about it. Ole says he will chase his all over this country and do right to put him down and out with no questions asked… then the crowd pops… wait a second…

JAKE ROBERTS is HERE! He comes out and stands side by side with Windham…  he grabs the microphone…

Jake Roberts: Ole Anderson… you wanna talk about chasing brother… well I’ve been chasing you all the way from Atlanta and I found you brother. I found you and now I’ve got you right where I want you. You see something Ole… you thought you put me down… you thought you cut the tail off the Snake but man… you don’t know that a Snake can grow a second tail… one bigger and stronger than the first. My tail ain’t hiding between my legs as I run the other way… I am right here and I am standing tall with my man Barry Windham and we’re coming for YOU! The hunt is on!

The crowd pops as Jake and Windham help Garvin and Youngblood to the back… looks like Ole and Ivan may have met their match!

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back with Caudle and Crockett pumping up the big TV title situation as they put over Greg Valentine, Kabuki, and Steamboat. Crockett says all three men should face one another at the same time… what a novel concept… the winner of this next match gets a shot...

Ricky Steamboat vs Kabuki w/ Gary Hart
-A 15-minute time limit is pushed right to the minute. They go right down to the wire and Kabuki is a master villain with Steamboat playing babyface to a T and perhaps being the best in the game. The finish sees Kabuki trying to lay waste to Steamboat but the Dragon fires back with huge chops and shots. A couple of huge dropkicks and then a top rope karate chop…. Steamboat then goes up and he’s looking for the cross body but when he leaps… Kabuki with the MYST! Kabuki ducks out of the way and Steamboat’s face is covered in green… he slowly gets to his feet but then Kabuki with a nasty crescent kick right to the throat and then a roll up for the 3-count! Kabuki has won it and he’s the new number one contender for the TV Title! 

*COMMERCIAL*

We return to MACW with special promos for tomorrow night’s huge event in Norfolk...

Ric Flair: A lot of people have come and gone in this business… very few have ever had a chance to be named NWA World Champion. Well Roddy Piper… very few people in this world have ever been called my friend… you’re one of them… but pal… I am looking to be the next NWA Champion and in order to do that… I have to beat you. Tomorrow night… Norfolk, Virginia… pal… no friends… only enemies… when all is said and done… I am going to get that US title and I am going to be the man who beats Harley Race to become the next NWA World Champion.

Roddy Piper: You know it is funny how quickly things can change in an instant. One minute Ric Flair and I are partners and the next we’re going to be facing one another with the NWA world Title shot on the line… well Ric… I guess the gloves are off… the friendship is down the drain… this US Title is mine and it ain’t going anywhere!

Gino & Tully put over how they have already beat Wahoo and Snuka within an inch of their lives… but tomorrow night they do it in front of 20,000 and they’ll do it for the MACW titles inside a cage just to prove why they are the best tag team in wrestling!

Wahoo & Snuka put over how there was controversy last time… but this time… there must be a winner… only one team walks out and then we’ll see who is the best...

Dick Slater & The Super Destroyers w/ JJ Dillon defeated Tommy John, Ricky Wade, & Ryan Simms via the BRAINBUSTER

Wrestling II announces that Ellering has a broken shoulder… he is challenging Slater and the Destroyers… he is going to have some back up next week and wants to see them in the ring!

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back with the huge main event… Caudle and Crockett put it through the roof… Andre the Giant and Ken Patera for the MACW Title!

Andre the Giant vs Ken Patera w/ Skandar Akbar
-An absolute slugfest with both men throwing some serious bombs and the crowd 100% behind Andre. Patera is able to hold his own but Andre is such a beast in there. This one goes about 12-minutes with both men really breaking each other down. The finish is sort of a mess with Masked Superstar coming out and trying to get involved but here comes Windham and Roberts… now Ole and Koloff come out. We’ve got a lot of fighting outside the ring while Skandar tries to get involved with the title belt but he nails Patera instead! Ken is down and Andre nails Akbar! Andre covers for the 1….2…..3 but Masked Superstar pulls te referee out of the ring! What has happened?!

Andre goes out and now he and Superstar are throwing bombs! Here comes David Von Erich to join the battle. This is pure chaos!

Skandar Akbar wants money! And he's got a group that can make him a lot. But unfortunately in the process he pissed off a giant.

I'll be keeping an eye on the 2X4s.

The Freebirds have to be the favorites in the 6 man title tournament.

Akbar leads his men to victory but they get caught off guard by the arrival of Jake Roberts! I don't know the history between him and Ole but I'm still excited.

Kabuki and that damned mist snag the TV Title shot.

Nice effective promos from those involved in the big matches i Norfolk.

I love a good show ending everybody get in there brawl. I literally used that today in my other promotion.

I'm ready and Norfolk better get ready.