Pro Wrestling Only

MACW 1981

LowBlowPodcast

Sunday May 30 - MACW - Event @ Norfolk Scope in Norfolk, Virginia, USA 

MAIN EVENT
SIX-MAN TAG

David Von Erich, Barry Windham, & Jake Roberts defeated Ole Anderson, Ivan Koloff, & Masked Superstar

NWA UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP
Ric Flair vs Roddy Piper © 
-This one went 28-minutes as both men were gushing at the end of it. The finish was very controversial with both men outside of the ring and the referee counting. Flair and Piper continue to hammer on one another but out of the back we see a mask man come out. Flair is able to throw Piper into the ring post and get in the ring... the problem occurs when the masked man comes from behind and turns Piper around and PILEDRIVER ON THE FLOOR! Tommy Young turns around and hasn't seen the situation unfold...8...9...10! Ric Flair has won the contest... but not the US title...

MACW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
CAGE MATCH

Gino & Tully defeated Wahoo McDaniel & Jimmy Snuka to WIN the MACW Tag Team Championship!

MACW CHAMPIONSHIP
Ken Patera © defeated Rocky Johnson

MACW TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
Greg Valentine © defeated Kabuki via DQ

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A mixed night for Gary Hart as Kabuki gets himself disqualified but the Dynamic Duo become the new tag team champions!

Skandar Akbar also has a mixed night, Patera retains the MACW championship but the rest of his men fail in the main event.

If that masked man was trying to help Flair he kinda half-assed it. But if he was trying to help Harley Race he may have done a better job. Gotta keep a eye on this situation.

MACW gives Norfolk a night it won't soon forget.

Saturday June 5

MACW TV Taping - TV-Show @ in Raleigh, North Carolina, USA  

MACW opens with the footage of Tully and Gino winning the MACW tag titles from Wahoo and Jimmy Snuka. We then see the controversial finish of the Piper and Flair contest. We then cut to Bob Caudle and David Crockett who pump up a video interview with Harley Race and Jim Crockett that will air in a little while. They point out that tonight we’ll see a rematch for the tag titles… this time the loser of the fall must LEAVE Mid Atlantic Wrestling! Right now we’ve got our opening contest, let’s head to the ring!

Rocky Johnson defeated Swede Hanson via the BIG LEFT HAND!

Rocky Johnson comes out and cuts a promo talking about the tough competition in the Mid Atlantic and how he is looking to face the toughest of the tough and then best of the best. 

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back with Caudle and Crockett pumping up a big six-man contents coming up as we head to the ring for this headline event...

Wrestling II, Hacksaw Duggan, & Butch Reed w/ Paul Ellering vs Dick Slater & The Super Destroyers w/ JJ Dillon
-A big time six-man with all the players getting involved. We see Ellering and JJ working the outside of the ring and the crowd, acting as managers for their crews. Dick Slater is the one who outshines the rest here and he looks spectacular doing it. Duggan and Reed look to bring some lumber here as well while the Super D’s give it a good showing. Before too long we see all six-men involved and the finish sees Dillon and Ellering fighting outside the ring before Wrestling II tries to break it up… but Ellering and Dillon lock hands and then nail Wrestling II… he turns around and Dick Slater grabs him for a BRAINBUSTER for the 3-count! Ellering and Wrestling II are arguing while Duggan and Reed try to break them up. 

*COMMERCIAL*

We’re back with a special video package… Jim Crockett is at a table with Harley Race… in the seats to the right and the left are Ric Flair and US Champion Roddy Piper. Crockett goes on to say…

Jim Crockett: It goes without saying that the controversy surrounding the US Championship match from the Norfolk Scope has shaken Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling. On July the 4th, from the Greensboro Coliseum, Mid Atlantic is hosting the biggest wrestling event of the summer and it will be headlined by the NWA World Champion, Harley Race defending his title against the number one contender. The number one contender according to the NWA By-Laws is the United States Champion. The match was contracted to be a number one contender contest with the winner getting the shot. That is why we’ve come to a conundrum. As a result of the match, Ric Flair should be the man facing Harley Race… but as US Champion… Roddy Piper is the lawful contender. Given the circumstances for that match result and the prestige of this contest on July the 4th, I have had to meet with the NWA Board of Directors. As the President of the NWA, I put it to a vote and it was decidedly 4-3 in favor of Roddy Piper receiving the World title shot on July the 4th in Greensboro. The ruling was granted due to the outside interference from this mysterious masked man whole piledrove Roddy Piper which led to the count out victory for Ric Flair.

Flair: You can’t be serious!?! Piper… you couldn’t beat me on your best day… Race… you got lucky pal…

Roddy: Hey… you want a rematch… just tell me when pally!

Crockett tries to calm things down while Race smiles… this one is out of hand but it looks like we've got a ruling on the July the 4th show from Greensboro. We head back to the studio for our next contest.

Bret Hart defeated Assassin #1 via the PILEDRIVER!

Bret Hart comes over and cuts a quick promo talking about trying to work his way back into the Television Title hunt… he isn’t afraid of the challenge and welcomes more of them in the future...

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back with Caudle and Crockett putting over the issue between David Von Erich, Barry Windham, and Jake Roberts against Ivan Koloff, Masked Superstar, Ole Anderson, and Ken Patera. Tonight we get to see Jake Roberts in action...

Jake Roberts vs Ivan Koloff w/ Skandar Akbar
-A nice little tv match with these two going about 9-minutes. Koloff and Akbar are a fun pairing as they find ways to feed to one another. Roberts is doing everything he can to fight them off as the referee can’t seem to catch them in the act. The finish sees Akbar going for the Russian Chain but Roberts ducks out of the way. Tommy Young turns to see the situation and then Ivan Koloff runs to Roberts who ducks and throws him over the ropes into Akbars lap as the referee calls for the bell. Roberts is DQ’d for throwing Koloff over the top rope but he is trying to say something about the Russian Chain…

This brings out Ole Anderson who clips Jake Robert’s knee and then Koloff pounces. They’re working him over until Windham shows up and fights them off. This one continues to heat up with these guys all wanting to tear each other apart.

*COMMERCIAL*

We’re back here on MACW and before you know it… Ric Flair is out here and he’s hot!

Ric Flair: What in the hell is going on out here?!? David, you better talk to that brother of yours. I am on the war path pal… listen here and listen up good. I beat Roddy Piper a week ago… I am the rightful number one contender. That NWA world title should be MINE! Piper! You got lucky…. I don’t know who this guy in the mask was… I want to know if you paid for him… because I don’t know who he was but he cost me everything! This isn’t over… I am coming back… and I am not going to stop until I get my hands on the title…. WOOOO!

The Freebirds defeated Mike Stone, Mark Rollins, & Wes Wilkins via the POWERBOMB!

Roddy Piper: Did I hear Ric Flair right… did he say I paid for that masked guy to come out there and piledrive me on the concrete floor? Flair… are you gone in the head man? Is it all about the NWA title? Well I will say this… I think the two of us have done just about everything in this sport… but win the world title… so if this is the straw brother it is going to break the camel’s back and it is going to be a clean break. I got the shot on July the 4th and by god I am bringing the NWA title back with me from Greensboro… if you can’t accept it Flair… tough!

*COMMERCIAL*

Caudle and Crockett are back putting over the big MACW tag title main event… the loser of the fall leaves MACW...

LOSER OF THE FALL LEAVES MACW
Wahoo & Snuka vs Tully & Gino © w/ Gary Hart
-Huge main event… all the stakes on the line… the titles… loser leaves town… we get about 17-minutes of big time action. We’ve got blood from Tully and Wahoo… both busted open from the cage match last week. Both teams get in some offense with Wahoo and Snuka building up to a huge finish with Gino and Tully trying to pull out all the stops to slow them down. The finish sees Wahoo thrown out of the ring while Tully and Gino double up on Snuka. Wahoo looks to get in the ring but Kabuki turn him around and GREEN MYST! Snuka is able to fight off Gino and Tully but when he goes up top… he hits a high cross body on Gino but Tully rolls him over and Gino with a handful of tights and the 1...2….3!!! 

Gino and Tully win the contest… Snuka is the loser of the fall...Snuka must leave MACW… What is next for Gary Hart’s army?!?

Sunday June 6

MACW - Event @ Greensboro Coliseum in Greensboro, North Carolina, USA 

UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP
Roddy Piper vs Ric Flair went to a 30-minute draw

MID ATLANTIC CHAMPIONSHIP
Ken Patera defeated David Von Erich

Gino & Tully © defeated Ricky Steamboat &  Jay Youngblood

MACW TV TITLE
Greg Valentine © vs Kabuki went to a double dq

Barry Windham & Jake Roberts defeated Ole Anderson & Ivan Koloff via DQ

Masked Superstar defeated Rocky Johnson

Dick Slater w/ JJ Dillon defeated Wrestling II w/ Paul Ellering

The Super Destroyers defeated The Hacksaws

Bret Hart defeated Buddy Roberts

First the TV show.

Rocky Johnson starts us off with a solid win and promo. Between the two games going I've become something of a fan of his.

Honestly if I were Mr Wrestling 2 I'd be pissed at Ellering to. Oh well maybe it was just a off day.

Flair is understandably upset at the board's equally understandable decision. Piper is believably indignant at the as of yet baseless accusation Flair throws his way. Meanwhile I can't escape the feeling Race knows more than he's letting on. Great stuff all around.

Bret puts in work to earn himself a tv title match.

Kinda feel like the ref screwed Roberts over here. Not out of malice mind you but still.

The Freebirds pick up a rather quiet win between 2 fire promos.

After a great run the Superfly is done in Mid-Atlantic and on his way to Hamburg.

Onward to Greensboro!

Bret gets a big win over the original Buddy Jack to get the crowd going.

The Super Destroyers vs The Hacksaws must have been a hoss fest.

So that's two bad days for Ellering & 2. I'm sure it's fine.

A mixed night for Akbar's men as Masked Superstar beats the Soul Man & Patera fends off the eldest Von Erich but Ivan & Ole go down to Windham and Roberts.

Valentine vs Kabuki seems like it'd be fun.

Successful back-to-back defenses for the Dynamic Duo as they see off Steamboat & Youngblood.

And in the main event Piper and Flair go the distance with the masked man nowhere in sight. Almost like he got what he wanted already.

MACW is steaming ahead.

Saturday June 12

MACW opens this week with Caudle and Crockett announcing that Jim Crockett is here tonight and he has a huge announcement… Jim Jr. comes out to a nice ovation as he grabs the microphone…

Jim Crockett: It has come to my attention and to the attention of the board of directors for the National Wrestling Alliance that Ric Flair has petitioned for a rematch against Roddy Piper for the chance to face Harley Race at the July 4th show in Greensboro. I spoke with both men extensively this week and we have signed a match for next week right here on television. Roddy Piper and Ric Flair… one on one with the winner moving on to face Harley Race in Greensboro!

-The crowd pops pretty big here. Things kind of turn though when Ole Anderson comes out…

Jim Crockett: Ole… what can I help you with?

Ole: Did you fire my partner Gene Anderson? 

Jim Crockett: What do you mean?

Ole: Did you fire Gene Anderson… YES or NO!?!

Jim Crockett: Due to the injuries sustained here on television… Gene was unable to fulfill his duties to Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling…

Ole: DAMNIT DID YOU FIRE HIM!?!

Jim Crockett: I suppose in so many words… yes…

Ole: Listen to me Crockett… everyone knows that I make my money in Mid Atlantic but also down in Georgia… well down there… we don’t treat people like that… I know you're buddied up with guys like Ric Flair and Roddy Piper and Barry Windham but this is just plain and simple garbage! 

Jim Crockett: If you’d like to talk more… we can go to the…

Ole: I am done talking. All these people out here… they came here to watch this show… well let me pull the curtain back… Jimmy and his goons thought it would be fun to set me up with Skandar Akbar and be in his little group… well no more. You can tell Akbar to stick it. I am not longer an employee of Mid Atlantic… I am going back to Georgia and this is only the beginning Mr. Crockett… when it is all said and done… I am going to do right by the Andersons… and I am going to put you down where you belong!

Ole walks off… the crowd is stunned… we’ll be right back...

*COMMERCIAL*

Ricky Steamboat, Jay Youngblood, & Wahoo McDaniel defeated Mike Stone, Rick Williams, & Mark Curtis via the Flying Karate Chop!

Steamboat, Youngblood, and Wahoo come over and cut a promo talking about the tag titles and Steamboat says he still has his eyes on the television title… they also point out that they’re putting their names in the hat for the six-man title tournament coming up later this month…

Bret Hart defeated Assassin #2 via the Piledriver!

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back with Caudle and Crockett still reeling from the Ole Anderson announcement… they say that Piper and Flair will be here in this broadcast. They apologize for the following contest… as it has been changed due to some happenings… we head to the ring...

Dick Slater & The Super Destroyers w/ JJ Dillon defeated Mike Boone, Kyle Franks, & Hank Johnson via the Brainbuster!

JJ walks his men over and then cuts a scathing promo…

JJ: Well fellas… looks like the road to humility has been paved in the yellowness of the weak. You see… Wrestling II… Hacksaw Duggan… Butch Reed…  they have left the building and the territory. We ran them off and we ran off that good for nothing Paul Ellering. You see… I guess Ole Anderson pulled some strings and got Duggan and Reed their jobs back in Georgia… Wrestling II headed back to Louisiana… and well Ellering… haha… who knows where he ended up. It is a lesson to everyone… when you mess with men of this caliber… you will find yourself on the short end of the stick every single time. We’re in the six-man tag title tournament… we’re going to win and we’re going to destroy everyone in our path!

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back with Caudle and Crockett trying to make sense of the missing people within MACW.  They say that there is another match tonight that had to be changed due to these happenings… right now though… we’ve got more action… let’s head to the ring…

Rocky Johnson defeated Swede Hanson via the Boston Crab!

We cut back to Caudle and Crockett who are joined by the Freebirds who want to know who the final teams in the six-man tournament are going to be. Caudle and Crockett announce that we’ll have the full bracket later on this evening. The Birds make it known that when the tournament starts tomorrow night in Charlotte… it will only be crying for anyone in their path. 

*COMMERCIAL*

We’re back on MACW with Crockett and Caudle apologizing once again about the incident with Ole Anderson… then we see Ivan Koloff come out and he’s joined by Ken Patera and Skandar Akbar...

Skandar Akbar: Well I guess we’ve seen the true colors of that puke Ole Anderson. He couldn’t handle the battle so he went back home to Georgia where he belongs. Well let me say this… Anderson… you owe me some serious money pal and one way or another… I am going to come and get it. While we’re on that… Masked Superstar… I couldn’t find you in the back either… so looks like you decided to jump ship as well! Good riddance… I have got the men right here who will not only continue to dominate this sport but also join forces with me tomorrow night in Charlotte to punch our ticket for the NWA World Six-Man tag titles! 

Ivan Koloff: It comes as no surprise to me… Ole Anderson… he was yellow...Masked Superstar… yellow… they couldn’t hang… well right here… the next US champion… the current Mid Atlantic Champion… the next six-man tag champions… we’re going to dominate this sport. We’re going to dominate Mid Atlantic like we have. If we have to go down to Georgia… we will dominate there as well!

Ken Patera: I am a little tired of not being able to trust people who say we common enemies… in fact… I think that it is pretty pathetic that we even let those guys run with us in the first place… right here is the best six-man crew in the sport and we’re going to prove it. 

We then see the Freebirds come out… we have some bickering before the main event is signed… we’ve got a six-man coming up tonight with these men!

Kabuki, Gino, & Tully w/ Gary Hart defeated Max Michaels, Tim Shaw, & George Wright via the Spike Piledriver!

Gary Hart brings his men over as they pumped up the six-man tournament before turning to Greg Valentine and saying he’s a marked man… the TV title will be with Kabuki and they’ll make sure of it.

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back and Ric Flair walks out to a great ovation from the crowd… he begins to tear into this issue with Piper and wants to know exactly who the masked man was that allowed him to keep the title. This brings out Piper who gets right in Flair’s face to let him know that he had nothing to do with it. He wants a fair fight next week… the winner gets the shot and it will be one of them with the best man winning. 

MAIN EVENT
The Freebirds vs Patera, Koloff, & Akbar
-A big main event that only goes about 8-minutes. Akbar is able to hold his own for a while but nothing too special. The highlight of this match is seeing Hayes just work the crowd into a frenzy before Gordy and Patera light up the fans with some heavy blows and serious heat. There is something to be had here but we only get a taste before all hell breaks loose. We see Akbar try to get a fireball but it goes in the air for Tommy Young to call for the DQ!

Akbar and his men leave the ringside while the Freebirds want more… tomorrow night is round one of the six-man tournament… tune in to find out who will move on and who will win the gold!

SIX-MAN TOURNAMENT

Michael Hayes, Terry Gordy, & Buddy Roberts vs Swede Hanson, & The Assassins

Ricky Steamboat, Jay Youngblood, & Wahoo McDaniel vs Dick Slater & The Super Destroyers

Barry Windham, Blackjack Mulligan, & Jake Roberts vs Ivan Koloff, Ken Patera, & Skandar Akbar

Bret Hart, David Von Erich, & Rocky Johnson vs Gino Hernandez, Tully Blanchard, & Kabuki

Crockett announces a huge main event for next week and rewarded by Ole telling to take his job and shove it! Honestly seems like a very Ole move from what I've read about him.

Wahoo,Steamboat & Youngblood have their eyes on just about all the gold in MACW. I like it.

Bret scores back to back wins over the Assassains. 

Love JJ & crew taking credit for running everybody off.

Nice win for the Soul Man.

Solid promo by Akbar & co.

Hart's men aren't satisfied with just the MACW tag titles. As they shouldn't be.

Freebirds kinda get a gimme with a jobber on the opposing team but the rest of the tournament is stacked.

Sunday June 13

MACW - Event @ Charlotte Coliseum in Charlotte, North Carolina, USA 

MAIN EVENT
Ric Flair vs Roddy Piper goes to a bloody 30-minute double dq when the masked man shows up again to try and piledrive Flair this time outside the ring but Piper is able to fight him off.

SIX-MAN TOURNAMENT
Michael Hayes, Terry Gordy, & Buddy Roberts vs Swede Hanson, & The Assassins
-The Freebirds get the win following a Gordy powerslam on Swede Hanson!

Ricky Steamboat, Jay Youngblood, & Wahoo McDaniel vs Dick Slater & The Super Destroyers
-Steamboat gets the win for his team after hitting a high cross body off the top rope on Super Destroyer 1!

Barry Windham, Blackjack Mulligan, & Jake Roberts vs Ivan Koloff, Ken Patera, & Skandar Akbar
-Blackjack Mulligan makes his return to MACW in a big way with a clawhold on Akbar for the win!

Bret Hart, David Von Erich, & Rocky Johnson vs Gino Hernandez, Tully Blanchard, & Kabuki
-Gino Hernandez gets the win when he nails Rocky Johnson with a spike piledriver!

Monday June 14

MACW - Event @ Dorton Arena in Raleigh, North Carolina, USA 

NWA United States
Roddy Piper defeated Ivan Koloff
MACW Title
Ken Patera defeated Wahoo McDaniel in a bloodbath
MACW Tag
Gino and Tully defeated Steamboat and Youngblood via DQ
MACW TV
Greg Valentine defeated Kabuki via DQ
Ric Flair defeated Skandar Akbar
The Freebirds defeated Swede Hanson & The Super Destroyers
David Von Erich defeated Dick Slater
Barry Windham & Blackjack Mulligan defeated the Assassins

Tuesday June 15

MACW - Event @ Township Auditorium in Columbia, South Carolina, USA 

NWA United States vs MACW Title
Roddy Piper vs Ken Patera went to a double DQ

MACW Tag
Barry Windham & Blackjack Mulligan defeated Gino & Tully via DQ

MACW Tv Title
Kabuki defeated Greg Valentine with help from Gary Hart to WIN THE TV TITLE!

Ric Flair defeated Ivan Koloff

The first round of the six-man tournament goes bout how i expected giving way to a very exciting semifinals.

The masked man returns but tries to take Flair out this time! Who could it be?!

Some primo title defenses in Raleigh.

Kabuki finally takes the TV Title in Columbia meaning all Gary Hart's men are champions!

That title vs title match is money anywhere.

Always good to see Barry teaming with his dad.

An eventful loop for MACW.

Saturday June 19

MACW opens with footage from Columbia, South Carolina where Kabuki defeated Greg Valentine to WIN the Tv title! We also see Ole Anderson’s declaration from last week. We cut to Caudle and Crockett who are pumping up the huge main event tonight… Flair and Piper… winner faces Harley Race! They announce that Race will be here next week to speak with whomever the winner is. They also put over the NWA World Tag Team Champions who are here tonight... We’ve got a solid card tonight as we head to the ring…

The Super Destroyers w/ JJ Dillon defeated Bobby Fulton & Tommy Rogers via the double shoulder breaker!

JJ Dillon walks over with his men and puts over the Super Ds as top contenders here in Mid Atlantic and talks about how Dick Slater has got his eyes firmly on Roddy Piper and that US title. He says that Slater is one of the top stars in the sport and he will take over any talent that comes into his path. 

*COMMERCIAL*

We’re back on MACW with Caudle and Crockett putting over the NEW TV Champion… here comes Kabuki with Gary Hart and the MACW Tag Champions Gino Hernandez and Tully Blanchard. They put over the six-man title tournament and how they plan to take apart Windham, Mulligan, & Roberts. They talk about how they put down David Von Erich last week and how they plan to do it again if he shows up…. But he does show up and he’s got Kerry and Kevin with him as the Von Erichs are whole once again. Kerry, Kevin, & David challenge Hart’s Army for a six-man tag… they accept and we’ll see it after our commercial break but we’ve got another exciting match up under way…

Jake Roberts defeated Assassin #2 via the DDT!

Jake Roberts walks over and he cuts a promo with Caudle and Crockett…

Jake Roberts: A lot of people have been talking about this issue with Ole Anderson… well like Is aid a couple of weeks ago, I followed him from Georgia to get my hands on him and now he’s gone…  well Ole Anderson.. Don’t think for a second that I won’t find you my man. Don’t think that the state line can hold this snake from getting his grasp on you...

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back and we’re joined by the Freebirds. They put over the six-man title tournament. They have a big match with Jay Youngblood, Ricky Steamboat, & Wahoo McDaniel. They don’t know who the fans will be cheering for but they know that when push comes to shove there will be one winner and the Freebirds plan on it being them! 

SIX-MAN TAG
The Von Erichs vs Tully, Gino, & Kabuki w/ Gary Hart
-A big time six-man with everyone getting involved and the NWA world tag team champions looking like the stars of the future. David looks pretty good out there but the heat from Kabuki, Tully, and Gino really take it to another level. Gary Hart gets his men going pretty good outside of the ring. We get about 12-minutes and the finish is a little messy. Kevin locks in the claw on Kabuki while Gino, Tully, David, & Kerry are fighting outside the ring. Sonny Fargo is trying to get control but when he turns his back… Kabuki with a low blow and then the MYST! Kevin is blinded and here comes the Karate Kick to the throat from Kabuki and the 3-count! 

Gary Hart’s men retreat from the ring while Kevin is covered in the myst. David and Kerry check on him while Caudle and Crockett put this over as we have more action when we come back.

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back with Wahoo, Ricky Steamboat, & Jay Youngblood all putting over the six-man tournament next week in Charlotte. They face off against the Freebirds. They know they are tough and they have the experience but right now momentum is on their side and they will bring that to the ring 100% and find a way to get the win on their way to the titles. 

Greg Valentine defeated  Chris Markoff via the Figure Four Leg Lock

Greg Valentine walks over to join Caudle and Crockett. He says he seems like a lost man right now in Mid Atlantic. He had friends with Patera and Koloff… he had the tv title… he knows that he may not get everything back but this opens up the door. He’s going to find his path and he isn’t afraid of anyone he has to go through. 

*COMMERCIAL*

Ivan Koloff and Ken Patera are standing by and they cut a scathing promo on Wahoo McDaniel. They also talk about the six-man tournament and how they were robbed of getting their shot at the titles. They say that Skandar Akbar has got the perfect thing up his sleeve and right now he is putting the finishing touches on something that will shock MACW down to its very core! They tell Ole Anderson that if he ever has the guts to show up here again… he will get exactly what’s coming to him!

Rocky Johnson defeated Assassin #1

Before we cut to commercial… we hear of a commotion in the back as Caudle and Crockett send it to a portable camera that shows Jake Roberts on the ground outside the arena. There are a couple of fans around… but then we see Ole Anderson and Masked Superstar… they’ve got baseball bats… Ole Anderson says that this is all Jim Crockett’s fault… let’s see if Roberts gets fired! Ole and Masked Superstar get into a car and someone else is behind the wheel as they drive off into the darkness….

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back and it is time for the big main event. Caudle and Crockett put it through the roof… Tom Miller introduces the men… here we go!

MAIN EVENT
Ric Flair vs Roddy Piper
-It really doesn’t get bigger than this… they have a little bit of time to do it and they go about 16-minutes with some overrun. Both men are throwing everything they’ve got at one another. Flair is working the knee something awful while Piper works the neck. The fans seem to be torn between both men. Caudle and Crockett continue to put this over with the finish being an absolute mess. Piper locks in the sleeper hold and Flair is reeling but then we see Flair run through the ropes and both men fall to the floor and they come crashing down. They continue to fight outside the ring as Flair tosses Piper into the ringpost! Flair tries to get in the ring but he and Tommy Young are arguing… wait a second… it is that damned masked man… he NAILS Piper in the leg with the led pipe! Piper is in a bad way as the referee counts but Flair won’t do it… he goes and grabs Piper and tosses him in and then goes for the FIGURE FOUR LEG LOCK! He has him in the middle of the ring… wait a second… the masked man comes back… ha NAILS FLAIR IN THE HEAD! Tommy Young calls for the DQ! 

The masked man then jumps on Flair and starts hammering away at him before Piper limps up and nails the masked man in the back of the head before ripping his mask off… BOB ORTON JR! OH MY! Here comes another masked man… what in the world is going on here… he attacks Piper and it is Orton and the Masked Man but now Flair comes from behind. Were there two masked men the entire time? Flair with some hammering shots and he pulls off the other mask… that’s DICK SLATER! Slater and Orton back out of the ring and in the aisle… JJ Dillon joins them and they smile up at Flair and Piper… who is facing Race? What is next for these guys?!

Saturday June 26

MACW opens up tonight with Jim Crockett Jr standing by… he has a couple of big announcements for the 4th of July card from Greensboro… he announces that…  it will be Roddy Piper taking on NWA World Champion Harley Race for the NWA World Title! Ric Flair will be taking on Dick Slater on that show as well. For the MACW Title… Ken Patera will be defending against Andre the Giant! We will also have… for the first time ever… a Bullrope/Russian Chain match between Dusty Rhodes and Ivan Koloff! We’ll hear from these men later on in the evening regarding these contests.  Crockett then gets kind of serious and says that this issue with Ole Anderson has come to a head. Crockett has been on the phone with Jim Barnett and a challenge has been issued… a six-man tag team match in the Omni on July the 4th. Now with the Greensboro show, Crockett is speaking with some of the talent who would like to represent MACW… we’ll know the names next week right here. 

Bret Hart defeated Ron Ritchie via the piledriver!

After the contest we see Greg Valentine walk over and he starts hooting about the TV title but then Bret Hart walks over and says that he wants another shot at the title and he isn’t afraid to go through Valentine to get it! Valentine SMACKS him in the mouth and Bret goes after him but officials come out…  looks like these two have unfinished business!

*COMMERCIAL*

We’re back on MACW and here is the NWA Champion, Harley Race! He is joined by Dick Slater, Bob Orton, JJ Dillon, & The Super Destroyers. We find out that the Super Ds are taking on Flair and Piper tonight. Race says that the plan all along was to get these two men to hate each other and they did… he knows that they won’t find a way to come together and there’s no way that either man could pose a legitimate threat to him. He is going to be the NWA Champion until he decides he doesn’t want to be and that’s all there is to it!

Rocky Johnson defeated Swede Hanson via the Boston Crab!

Flair and Piper come out and they cut a promo on Race talking about him thinking one thing but understanding that another thing is happening. Tonight they start with the Super Ds and then they will finish off Orton and Slater but when it comes down to Race… it may be Piper or it may be Flair but one of them is going to get the gold!

*COMMERCIAL*

The Von Erichs are here as we come back to MACW. They put over the six-man tournament and talk about wanting to be the first ones to challenge. They put over the big NWA Tag Title match at the Greensboro show against Tully and Gino. They know the two of them are the sneakiest and dirtiest men in the sport and they aren’t afraid of what they pose. 

The Freebirds defeated Ron Smith, Tony Miller, & Willy Norman via the DDT!

We then see Steamboat, Youngblood, & Wahoo McDaniel come out and they talk about the Freebirds and the challenge they pose tomorrow night in Charlotte. They know they have to fight the best fight they can in order to get through to Greensboro. They may have not been partners as long as the Birds but they are a unit… they have a bond… they are together and they will win together!

*COMMERCIAL*

We’re back with Dusty Rhodes and Andre the Giant and the crowd is going wild. Dusty unveils the 15 foot, Bullrope/Russian chain contraption. He points out that it is the best of both worlds and they will come together. There will be blood, sweat, and tears and the USA will survive! Andre then keeps it simple…  he says that he has beat Patera once and he will do it again. He will be the champion! 

Ivan Koloff defeated Bobby Fulton via the Russian Sickle!

Ivan Koloff & Ken Patera come over and the crowd is really giving them the business. They point out how Jim Crockett has once again pulled the strings for his friends. He only wants what is best for them at the cost of the real stars of the Mid Atlantic. Koloff says that the worlds may come together but Rhodes will be the one who won’t survive. Ken Patera says he isn’t afraid of Andre the Giant and he has got the biggest arms in the world and they’ll go around him like he is nothing but a rag doll! 

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back with Caudle and Crockett putting over the big six-man tourney tomorrow night… 

Michael Hayes, Terry Gordy, & Buddy Roberts vs Ricky Steamboat, Jay Youngblood, & Wahoo McDaniel 

&

Barry Windham, Blackjack Mulligan, & Jake Roberts vs Gino Hernandez, Tully Blanchard, & Kabuki 

They talk about the winners going on to Greensboro and there’s a chance that Tully and Gino may have to pull double duty… could they walk out with all the gold and titles?

Barry Windham, Blackjack Mulligan, & Jake Roberts defeated Sammy Stevens, Victor White, & Ken Stone via the Bulldog!

Gary Hart leads his men down to the booth… he talks about being in a prime position for the six-man titles… along with the NWA world tag titles. He says that when his men win gold, he makes money, and he likes to make money! Gino and Tully talk about how old Fritz won’t be there to help the Von Erich boys. It is going to be a brawl to end it all and this Dynamic Duo is going to be on top of the world! 

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back and we get Caudle and Crockett putting over the big night that we’ve had and the huge main event coming up. Let’s head to the ring!

MAIN EVENT
Roddy Piper & Ric Flair vs The Super Destroyers

-A really fun main event to cap off a big night of action and announcements. Flair and Piper do have a couple of instances in which they go head to head but they back off. The Super D’s have got some good momentum as of late but Piper and Flair are just too much. The finish Flair isolate Super D 1 while Piper grabs II for the sleeper and the submission! 

Flair and Piper work the fans until we see Race, Slater, & Orton walk out… Flair and Piper welcome them out but they don’t bite…  who is going to come out on top next week after the big show in Greensboro?

Mid-Atlantic vs Georgia 3 on 3 on the 4th! Hell yeah!!

Hart & Valentine jostling for position in the TV Title picture is a great mid-card program.

Somehow I had a feeling that Race was behind the masked man. 

Johnson is quietly making a case for a title shot himself with his TV win streak.

Bullrope/Russian chain combo? Color me intrigued.

Piper & Flair put their issues to the side long enough to overcome the Super D's.  Now the question is can Piper overcome Race. I can't wait to find out!

Sunday June 27

MACW - Event @ Charlotte Coliseum in Charlotte, North Carolina, USA 

NWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
The Von Erichs © defeated Ivan Koloff & Ken Patera

Michael Hayes, Terry Gordy, & Buddy Roberts vs Ricky Steamboat, Jay Youngblood, & Wahoo McDaniel - Ricky Steamboat pinned Buddy Roberts after a flying crossbody from the top rope!

Barry Windham, Blackjack Mulligan, & Jake Roberts vs Gino Hernandez, Tully Blanchard, & Kabuki - Gino Hernandez pinned Barry Windham following a GREEN MYST from Kabuki which was followed up by a back body drop!

Ric Flair & Roddy Piper defeated Bob Orton & Dick Slater via DQ!

Greg Valentine defeated Rocky Johnson

Bret Hart defeated Chris Markoff

Saturday July 3

MACW opens with footage from the six-man tag team tournament from last week in Charlotte. 

Michael Hayes, Terry Gordy, & Buddy Roberts vs Ricky Steamboat, Jay Youngblood, & Wahoo McDaniel - Ricky Steamboat pinned Buddy Roberts after a flying crossbody from the top rope!

Barry Windham, Blackjack Mulligan, & Jake Roberts vs Gino Hernandez, Tully Blanchard, & Kabuki - Gino Hernandez pinned Barry Windham following a GREEN MYST from Kabuki which was followed up by a back body drop!

We then cut to Crockett and Caudle who are standing by with Jim Crockett Jr… he states that the show tomorrow night in Greensboro is going to be an history event the likes we’ve never seen. Tonight, we’ll have some big preview matches for that event including Dusty Rhodes taking on Ken Patera! Also tonight, Jim Crockett will be fielding offers for who will be going to Atlanta tomorrow night to take on Ole Anderson and the GCW wrestlers. Then we see Jake Roberts come out and he goes right up to Crockett and says that he’s got Blackjack Mulligan and Barry Windham ready to go in the car tonight to Atlanta! Crockett says he doesn’t need to wait and gives them some keys… that’s the keys to his car… Roberts and the Mulligans are outta here! What a night we’ve got… let’s go to the ring!

Greg Valentine defeated George Pickins via the Figure Four Leg Lock!

Bret Hart then cuts a promo on Valentine and talks about their big match tomorrow night. Bret says that he has tried to climb the ladder here in Mid Atlantic and he knows that a victory over Valentine would be the ultimate step towards the goals he’s set for himself!

*COMMERCIAL*

Gary Hart is here with his men, the tag champs and tv champion. He puts over how they’ll be six-man champions after tomorrow night and will have a firm grasp on everything that is gold here in Mid Atlantic and the NWA when they win the World Tag Titles as well. 

MID ATLANTIC TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
The Great Kabuki defeated Rocky Johnson with help from Tully & Gino

*COMMERCIAL*

We’re back with Kerry, Kevin, & David Von Erich. David puts over his match with Bob Orton tomorrow night as a major step forward to getting him where he wants to be here in Mid Atlantic. Kerry and Kevin discuss being the world tag champions and how they’ll defend them tomorrow night and do whatever they can to remain champions. 

Kevin & Kerry Von Erich vs Skip Jackson & Dave Taylor
-Good showcase for Kerry and Kevin who are primed for their contest tomorrow night. The claw into the discus punch is the end all for Skip after Kerry nails him halfway across the ring.

*COMMERCIAL*

Ivan Koloff is out here with the bullrope/russian chain combo. He is cutting a scathing promo on Dusty and talks about killing what the American Dream is and he’ll take Rhodes out along with it! He says once the match is done and Rhodes is down… he will go after Piper and get the US title once and for all!

Dusty Rhodes vs Ken Patera
-A pretty fun 13-minute match with two of the main attractions in the NWA. They go toe to toe with both men getting in offense and not selling for the other. It isn’t long before we see Ivan Koloff try to get involved by distracting Dusty but oh my… here comes Andre the Giant! He turns Ivan around and nails him right between the eyes! Patera then comes crashing down on Andre from behind! The referee calls for the bell as we have got a slew of officials out here to break up this melee!

Dusty and Andre walk over to the booth and Rhodes is hot…

Dusty: C’mon with it baby! Ivan Koloff… you good for nothing backstabbing son of a gun come on with it baby! Patera… you woke the giant up my man. You woke him up in a big way and it is your turn daddy. This man right here is coming for you! Tomorrow night… Greensboro...We coming baby… we coming for pain, blues, and agony… we coming for blood, sweat, and tears… we coming for everything you’ve got and we gonna take it ALL NIGHT LONG! 

*COMMERCIAL*

Wahoo and Jay Youngblood are out here talking about the six-man titles. They put over the big finals tomorrow night and hype up their partner Ricky Steamboat who is in action...

Ricky Steamboat defeated Cullen Simpson via the Top Rope Crossbody!

Steamboat then walks over and he is working the fans. He has got everyone fired up for the big showdown tomorrow night. He, Wahoo, and Youngblood… they are coming for the titles and they will show the Mid Atlantic why they are the team to beat!

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back with Caudle and Crockett pumping up the big night in Greensboro tomorrow… we’ve got Patera vs Andre, Dusty vs Koloff, Flair vs Slater, The Von Erichs vs Gino and Tully for the NWA tag titles, and then the big main event… Race vs Piper for the NWA World Title!

MAIN EVENT
Ric Flair & Roddy Piper vs Dick Slater & Bob Orton Jr w/ JJ Dillon
-Harley Race is out here for commentary and he’s pumping up the big night in Greensboro tomorrow. Piper and Flair continue to try and work together but it is Orton and Slater who look great as a team. A good 14-minutes contest. The highlight is seeing the finish with Piper and Flair doubling up on Slater with a double back body drop and then a double clothesline on Orton. Here comes Piper with a big inverted atomic drop on Orton and here comes Flair from behind for a backslide and the 1...2...3!! 

Orton and Slater roll out of the ring and they’re not very happy. Race gets by them with JJ Dillon standing by. They look into the ring and there’s a fierce stare… tomorrow night it goes down… who’s going to be able to walk away?

MACW - Event @ Greensboro Coliseum in Greensboro, North Carolina, USA  - July 4, 1981

This is a big time house show. Tom Miller is announcing the candidates. We have television cameras there to get some of the action on tape. 

Bret Hart vs Greg Valentine
-Greg Valentine won the contest at the 14-minute mark of a grueling back and forth. Hart really showed some courage after Valentine wore his knee down something awful. 

David Von Erich vs Bob Orton Jr. w/ JJ Dillon
-A throwaway match for all intents and purposes. Orton and Von Erich have got some good fire and JJ Dillon is making his presence known. In the end, Orton defeated Von Erich when Dillon distracted David and Orton got a roll up with a handful of tights!

NWA SIX-MAN CHAMPIONSHIP
Ricky Steamboat, Jay Youngblood, & Wahoo McDaniel  vs Gino Hernandez, Tully Blanchard, & Kabuki
-First title match of the evening went about 18-minutes. Gino, Tully, and Kabuki seemed to have things under control but the momentum of Steamboat, Youngblood, and Wahoo really shone. Kabuki tried to go for the Myst on Youngblood but after he got him, he turned around and Steamboat came flying off the top rope with a high cross body for the 3-count! Steamboat, Youngblood, and Wahoo won the six-man tag titles and will defend them throughout the NWA!

Ric Flair  vs Dick Slater w/ JJ Dillon
-This one has got some juice to it following the events of the last couple of weeks. Slater and Flair go about 22-minutes and they are beating the living hell out of one another. Flair gets busted open from the guardrail outside the ring but finds a way to fight back. Slater looks to finish with the brainbuster but Flair goes over his back and then hits a backslide for the 3-count! Slater isn’t done though as he attacks him and here comes Orton! They are putting the boots to Flair until the officials come out and break it up. 

Special Attraction
Bullrope vs Russian Chain
Dusty Rhodes vs Ivan Koloff
-An interesting one to say the least. These guys go about 15-minutes. It is a bloodbath. Ropes uses the rope while Koloff has the chain and then they use the other ends on the opponents. It is a pretty typical Dusty match with him getting beaten down and then building back up for the victory. Koloff continues to look strong here even with Dusty knocking his knees out from underneath him. 

NWA WORLD TAG vs MACW TAG
The Von Erichs © vs Tully & Gino ©
-Titles for titles here and the crowd is solidly behind Kevin and Kerry. Interestingly enough, Gary Hart isn’t out here for this one. Gino and Tully are still a little worn down but they have got all the underhanded tricks to keep them going. Kerry and Kevin have got all the fans behind them. All four men get going and we’ve got some juice from Kerry. In the end, we see the double teaming of Tully and Gino rise up and they isolate Kevin. Kerry looks to have made a big tag but Earl Hebner stops him… this gives Gino and Tully a chance for the SPIKE PILEDRIVER! Gino covers while Tully attacks Kerry for the 1...2...3! WE HAVE NEW NWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!

MACW CHAMPIONSHIP
Andre the Giant vs Ken Patera ©
-A huge semi-main event with a lot of implications on the line. Andre comes out to an enormous ovation from the fans. Ken Patera looks to be in a foul mood. These two only go about 12-minutes and it is a stiff contest. It looks like neither man is willing to sell for the other. In the end we see Patera trying to get a bearhug on Andre but he just can’t do it. Patera goes for a slam but Andre falls on him for a very close 2-count. Patera gets back up and we see Andre come for a clothesline and Patera ducks and hoists him over the top rope to the floor! Tommy Young doesn’t call for the DQ but after Andre gets up and pulls Patera out.. They battle all over the ringside area. They hammer off the pillars and posts of the ringside area. Young makes the count to 10 and it is a double count out. We get all kinds of officials out here but nothing can stop these guys from fighting all the way to the back. 

NWA WORLD TITLE
Roddy Piper vs Harley Race ©
-Main event time… Tom Miller throws out the intros and here we go. Piper and Race fight a different style than Flair and Race. These guys go 27-minutes. Race ends up with a bloody nose and Piper with a gusher above the eye. Race has the upperhand late in the contest but Piper is able to counter the piledriver and toss him over his back. Piper then gets into a rhythm and he is looking to finish. He locks up the sleeper and the crowd is going nuts! Piper may have the title firmly in place. Race somehow counters and pulls Piper’s head down and hits a jawbreaker! Piper wobbles back and Race with a big right hand but Piper ducks and then rolls him up but Race uses his momentum and a hand on the ropes to get the 3-count! Race holds the title high in the air as Dillon leads out Orton and Slater who come to beat the hell out of Piper. The crowd is stirring but then we see Ric Flair run out and he starts hammering away! The fans are going nuts right now as Flair fights the men off and they retreat. Flair helps Piper up as they stand tall and Race walks to the back with his buddies and the NWA World Title.