Pro Wrestling Only

MACW 1981

LowBlowPodcast

MACW TV Taping - TV-Show @ in Raleigh, North Carolina, USA 

MACW Opens with some footage from the July 4th show and the big highlights of Gino and Tully winning the NWA world tag titles, Steamboat, Wahoo, & Youngblood winning the six-man titles, and then Harley Race retaining the NWA World Title against Roddy Piper. We cut to the studio and here is Jim Crockett Jr and he has got the Mid Atlantic Tag Team Championships with him…

Crockett Jr: Welcome everyone to Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling… I have a couple of announcements to make here this evening. The first being that the success of the July 4th show in Greensboro has really put Mid Atlantic on the map in the realm of professional wrestling and Mid Atlantic will continue to put together these huge shows for our fans all over the territory. 

Secondly, I want to talk about these tag team titles. Due to the commitments of the NWA World Tag Team Champions… Gino and Tully had to vacate these titles and they will be held up in a one night tournament in two weeks in Charlotte. We’ll have eight teams all taking place and I am excited to see a couple of those teams here tonight and next week plus a couple of new teams debuting here in Mid Atlantic. 

I’d also like to talk about something that happened last night… Kabuki, while defending the Television Championship blew the Green Myst in Ricky Steamboat’s eyes… he was scheduled to have a television championship match here tonight and I have agreed to bring in a special replacement… he will be here tonight to take on Kabuki and the TITLE WILL BE ON THE LINE!

Lastly, I want to address this issue with Georgia Championship Wrestling. Last week, Jake Roberts, Barry Windham, and Blackjack Mulligan did lose to Ole Anderson and his men… but one battle does not decide the fate of a war. I am here tonight to open up a challenge to Ole Anderson and his men for a rematch next week… right here on Mid Atlantic… a six-man tag team match… Ole… bring the best you’ve got!

Bret Hart & Rocky Johnson defeated Tim Smitts & Bob Blake via the Boston Crab!

Greg Valentine then comes out and he is on fire! He is irate that the television championship is on the line and he isn’t going for it! He is screaming at Crockett and says whomever steps in there tonight better watch their back! 

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back as Caudle and Crockett are putting over the announcements from Jim Crockett. They wonder who will be the one to challenge Kabuki later on this evening. We then see Sgt. Slaughter & Cpl. Don Kernodle! Slaughter let’s everyone know he’s come to Mid Mid-Atlantic to show his true colors… but more importantly to get gold. He and Kernodle will be in the tag tournament but he has got his eyes on Roddy Piper and the US Title… He says Piper is on borrowed time… but soon he and Kernodle will hold the treasure and be on top of the mountain!

Wahoo & Jay Youngblood defeated Mike Hammer & Henry Smith via the High Cross Body!

Wahoo and Younblood then put over their six-man title win but also talk about Rick Steamboat being hurt by Kabuki. They talk about him being in the back with someone and it will change the scope of things here in Mid Atlantic!

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back and here comes the Nature Boy Ric Flair! Flair puts over his win against Dick Slater last week and says that it is only the beginning… he and Orton have got a target on their back and soon he is going to hit the bullseye… but more importantly… he is letting everyone know that he is stepping up to be the leader of Mid Atlantic to take on Georgia Championship Wrestling. He lets Ole Anderson know that he will go all the way to Atlanta to whoop his ass and there is no one who can stop him!

The Assassins defeated Willy Jones & Danny Dukes via the double shoulder block!

Ken Patera is here with the Mid Atlantic Championship. He says that Andre the Giant is in the rearview mirror…  now he has got his eyes on bigger and better things. Harley Race… the NWA Title is on Ken Patera’s mind and he has got big things to make it happen...

*COMMERCIAL*

Mid Atlantic is back with Caudle and Crockett putting over the big announcement from Ric Flair that he will help lead MACW against Georgia. They wonder just what will happen next week when Ole Anderson shows up here for a six-man rematch!

Jake Roberts defeated Vince Skiles via the DDT!

Barry Windham & Blackjack walk over to the booth and put over the six-man next week. Jake Roberts joins them and they want to have the fight right here tonight… they have no problem waiting till next week and they know that this time it will go their way!

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back with Roddy Piper standing by with the US title. He puts over how he has been champion for a long time and he’s defended against a lot of different people. He says that Sgt. Slaughter is calling him out… he isn’t afraid of that… he welcomes the challenge and he’ll do whatever it takes to show why he is the true US Champ!

Ivan Koloff & Nikolai Volkoff defeated Ryan Reed & Mike Gregory via the Russian Sickle! 

*COMMERCIAL*

We’re back and we see Ricky Steamboat come out in street clothes as Gary Hart brings out Kabuki and the tv title. They are running Steamboat down but he says that he isn’t able to go tonight and that upsets him and the fans… but in his place… a good friend of his… a man who these people may know but Gary Hart wasn’t ready for… TITO SANTANA!

MID ATLANTIC TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
Tito Santana vs Kabuki © w/ Gary Hart
-Tito Santana with a huge debut here in Mid Atlantic and the crowd is pretty shocked. They may know this guy as Richard Blood from late in 1979 but now he’s back, new name, and a solid pat on the back from Ricky Steamboat. Tito and Kabuki go quick and have an action packed 9-minutes. Kabuki is able to get the upperhand and tries to wear him down but Tito is able to build back up in a huge way. We see a slight referee bump which causes Gary Hart to grab Tito on the apron and here comes Kabuki with the MYST but Tito ducks and the GREEN is all over Gary Hart and his suit! Tito hits the ropes and then comes back with a flying forearm on Kabuki and hits it for the 1….2….3!!! 

WE’VE GOT A NEW TV CHAMPION! Tito Santana is working the crowd as he and Steamboat celebrate! Gary Hart and Kabuki retreat into the darkness and then we see Greg Valentine in the entryway and he’s pissed!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Impressive performance by Mr Crockett in the opener. He announces a tournament,a mystery opponent in the main event,challenges Georgia to a rematch AND pisses off Greg Valentine all in one go! Granted that last one may not be good for his health but still.

Slaughter & Kernodle are a appealing team.

Wahoo & Youngblood make a big promise on which Steamboat more than delivers by bringing in Tito who immediately becomes TV champion!

Love Flair stepping up to lead team Mid-Atlantic.

I was oddly happy to see the Assassins win.

Mid-Atlantic is must watch TV every week!

MACW opens this week with Bob Caudle and David Crockett put over the big six-man tonight with GCW wrestlers Ole Anderson, Big Daddy Bundy, & Big John Studd taking on Blackjack Mulligan, Barry Windham, & Jake Roberts! They also put over that we will see the full bracket for next week’s tournament in Charlotte for the MACW tag team titles! We’ll see some of the competitors in action tonight! Right now it is time to head to the ring for our opening contest!

Tito Santana defeated Reagan Shaw via the Flying Forearm!

Tito comes over to the booth and cuts a good promo putting over his huge TV title win last week only to be interrupted by Greg Valentine! Valentine is running him down something awful but Tito says that his talking is done in the ring and he’ll accept Valentine's challenge anytime… anywhere!

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back and we’re joined by Dick Slater, Bob Orton Jr, & JJ Dillon. They are putting over the tag tournament and how they are going to walk out with the gold. Dillon says this is a team that has no weak link. He says that his arm is getting better and soon he’ll be right there with them as they do whatever it takes to be the best team in wrestling!

Jay Youngblood & Wahoo McDaniel defeated Hank Johnson & Richard Millhouse via the High Cross Body!

Wahoo and Jay Younblood also put over the tag title tournament. They talk about being the six-man champions with Ricky Steamboat. They’ll be traveling all over the NWA to defend the titles and look forward to all the competition.

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back and out comes the MACW champion… Ken Patera. Caudle and Crockett try to get some words in but he grabs the microphone…

Ken Patera: I want to make one thing clear right now… I am sick and tired of the disrespect I have received by Jim Crockett and Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling. To that extent… I have secured the managerial services of someone who will take my career to the next level. You see I have been the Mid Atlantic Champion for months now and I have yet to receive my shot at the NWA World Champion… this man is going to secure that shot for me along with making sure that everyone respects me and this title and my importance to this promotion. I’d like to introduce to you… Bobby Heenan!

BOBBY

Bobby: That’s right Ken… you see I have been watching Mid Atlantic for a while now and I can say without question that the disrespect you’ve received makes me sick to my stomach… to the point that I am saying it right now… Jim Crockett you may have this war with Georgia on your mind but it is the war within the Mid Atlantic that you have to be ready for. Mark my words… I am going to put together a true army and we’re going to take control and you won’t be able to pry it from my hands.

Don Kernodle w/ Sgt. Slaughter defeated Erick Wright via the Cobra Clutch Slam!

Sgt. Slaughter and Don Kernodle are all smiles as they talk about the tag title tournament along with Sgt. Slaughter saying that he will be the next United States Champion. He plans to keep challenging Roddy Piper and wearing him down to the point that he won’t even want to show his face in the Mid Atlantic! 

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back with Caudle and Crockett putting over the Tag Title tournament as they release the bracket...

Ricky Steamboat & Jake Roberts vs Dick Slater & Bob Orton
Wahoo & Jay Youngblood vs The Assassins
Rocky Johnson & Bret Hart vs Sgt. Slaughter and Kernodle
Barry Windham & Blackjack Mulligan vs Ivan Koloff & Nikolai Volkoff

Bret Hart w/ Rocky Johnson defeated Bobby Thomas via the Piledriver! 

Roddy Piper then comes out with the US title. He puts it on the podium again and tells Sgt. Slaughter to come out here and take it from him. He says he isn’t hiding from a challenge. When he was a kid his father told him one thing before he abandoned him… he said don’t start a fight but don’t run away from one… well to hell with that… I am starting it and I don’t plan on running pal! Come and find me, you don’t have to look too hard!

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back with Caudle and Crockett building up to the huge main event six-man tag… we’ll see MACW v GCW here in just a couple of moments… right now we’ve got the former MACW tag team champions in action. 

Fuji & Tenryu defeated Bobby Collins & Joe Kane via the Karate Kick!

We then see Ric Flair walk out and the crowd pops… Flair has a really serious tone here…

Ric Flair: I stand here today… not a champion with a belt but the champion of the people! Wherever I go, people ask me when I am going to get my hands on a title and I tell them that the true measure of a champion isn’t the belt around his waist but the size of the heart in his chest. Well this is a call out to Ken Patera… this is a call out to Harley Race… you got what I want and I am coming to get it… but first…. First… I am going to to put the Mid Atlantic on my back and I am going to carry them in this battle with Georgia Championship Wrestling and Ole Anderson specifically! Ole… you’ve got a lot of history with me and I have got it with you. I have respected you for a long time but this is the time when you need to put up or shut up and get the hell out of here! I am going to be watching this six-man and don’t think for a second I won’t get involved it there’s an issue… WOO!

*COMMERCIAL*

Big time feel when we come back… Caudle and Crockett put this over in a huge way… we’ve got MACW v GCW right here on free tv… it is a rematch from July the 4th… here we go!

MACW vs GCW
Jake Roberts, Blackjack Mulligan, & Barry Windham vs Ole Anderson, Big Daddy Bundy, & Big John Studd

-Caudle and Crockett continue to put it through the roof… Ole, Bundy, and Studd have got some serious heat. This one has some time and we get all six-men involved. Ole is by far the most over in terms of fan reaction here. Ole and Jake Roberts then get into a situation that ignites the crowd and they come unglued! There is definitely something there with these two. We get Mulligan and Studd who go eye to eye and that is quite the attraction. The big moments start with Barry Windham getting destroyed by Bundy and Studd and he is selling like no other. The finish… well… it is interesting. We see Ole in the ring with Barry who makes a hot tag to Jake Roberts and here we comes with some huge rights and lefts and he has Ole rocking and rolling. The action is fast and furious but Jake and Ole then crack heads and go down. Jake is making his way to the corner and Blackjack is ready… but when Ole gets over to Studd… he and Bundy drop down… wait a second… That’s Bobby Heenan! Heenan shakes hands with Bundy and Studd. Ole is trying to figure out what is going on but when he turns around Mulligan is there with some huge rights and lefts and then he tosses him back to Jake Roberts who grabs Ole for a DDT! 1….2….3! MACW has won it.

What an interesting turn of events… Ole is laid out in the middle of the ring. Studd and Bundy are gone with Heenan. Mulligan, Windham, and Roberts celebrate. What does this mean for the war between GCW and MACW?

That's one hell of a bracket for the Tag Title tournament.

Heenan makes a impactful first imp on the MACW audience as he aligns with the Heavyweight Champion & out-schemes Ole Anderson!

The war between MACW & Georgia is tied 1 a piece with Flair poised to tip the balance.

Throw in a successful debut for Fuji/Teryu plus a seeming agreement for Tito to defend against Valentine and you've got another exciting episode of MACW.

MACW - Event @ Greensboro Coliseum in Greensboro, North Carolina, USA 

MACW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Ric Flair defeated Ken Patera © via DQ

NWA UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP
Roddy Piper © defeated Sgt. Slaughter via DQ when Kernodle interfered

NWA WORLD SIX-MAN CHAMPIONSHIP
Wahoo, Ricky, & Youngblood defeated JJ Dillon, Dick Slater, & Bob Orton Jr. 

NWA TV CHAMPIONSHIP
Tito Santana vs Greg Valentine went to a 20-minute draw!

Mulligan & Windham defeated Koloff & Volkoff

Jake Roberts defeated Mr. Fuji

Bret Hart defeated Don Kernodle via DQ

love the show nice flow and build for everything the 6 man event was great and left me wanting more not only from these 6 men but this feud as a whole. so many questions left to answer following that match. 

Tag tournament looks like its going to give us a ton of action and great matches.

Greensboro show looks like another hit and sell out with the 4 title matches along with other matches.

MACW opens with Sandy Scott from the NWA here as a representative. He is standing with Caudle, Crockett, & Jim Crockett Jr. He has a very serious look on his face as he reads the following statement.

From the Board of the National Wrestling Alliance
- Due to the recent altercations between wrestlers of Georgia Championship Wrestling and Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling, the National Wrestling Alliance has chosen to step in and try to help the situation. Sandy Scott is being appointed as an authority on both promotions in order to help cease issues and further confrontations. All future bouts will be sanctioned by one promotion or another but the goal will be to settle this issue quickly. Individuals like Ole Anderson will be prohibited from showing up on Mid Atlantic television for the foreseeable future unless accompanied by Mr. Sandy Scott. If there is any violation of these institutions; those involved would be fined and suspended from competing in the National Wrestling Alliance for no more than 30-days. 

Just a moment… here comes Ole Anderson and the crowd is stirring. Ole gets face to face with Jim Crockett Jr….

Ole: Crockett… listen to me… you may have pulled these strings with Sandy Scott but understand this… I am not taking this lightly. Last week… that buffoon Big John Studd made his biggest mistake by joining Bobby Heenan. Well you guys can have him because I guarantee that tonight… I am bringing someone from Mid Atlantic back to Georgia with me… to even the odds! 

Jim Crockett: Listen Ole… I don’t know what the end game is here…

Ole: I will tell you what the end game is… an event in which the best of Georgia take on the best of Mid Atlantic… FOR YOUR JOB!

Jim Crockett: I do appreciate that offer… but Ole… we’re not in the business of these battles. We’re doing just fine without this continuing…

Ole: Just as I thought… too chicken to accept the challenge… well know this… tonight… someone is coming back to Georgia with me and we’re gonna stick it down your throat!

Bret Hart defeated Bobby Fredricks via the Piledriver!

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back… Caudle and Crockett are putting over the announcement of Sandy Scott from earlier in the broadcast… they’re also questioning what Ole Anderson meant by trying to steal someone from Mid Atlantic. They question his motive and wonder what Jim Crockett will do to accept or decline that challenge he set out. They put over a huge night of action including an NWA Six-Man Championship match tonight… previews of the Mid Atlantic tag team tournament tomorrow night in Charlotte… and much more. Right now let’s head to the ring.

Sgt. Slaughter & Don Kernodle defeated Bryan Fyre & Timmy Smith

Sgt. Slaughter and Kernodle come over and they are just tearing into Roddy Piper along with Rocky Johnson and Bret Hart who they face tomorrow night in Charlotte. We then get some fireworks when Piper comes out and the crowd erupts. Sarge hides behind Kernodle as we see Bret Hart come out and pull Piper back. Piper puts the belt on the podium and Sarge backs off...

*COMMERCIAL*

We’re back on MACW with Piper who is going nuts calling out Slaughter. He says he will be here next week to face him one on one and he’ll put the title on the line! He says that he is putting the challenge out and he wants to show him why he’s the baddest dude on the block!

Greg Valentine defeated Freddie Clarke via the Figure Four Leglock

Jake Roberts comes out to cut a promo on Ole Anderson. He lets him know that they are far, far from over. He wants to challenge him anytime, anywhere. He says he will show up in Georgia and he isn’t afraid of a fine… he isn’t afraid of a suspension… and he isn’t afraid of Ole Anderson! 

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back with Ric Flair. He comes out to say that he respects the decision of the National Wrestling Alliance but he wants this thing to be done with GCW. He says that he is putting his name in the hat as the prime challenger… the leader of MACW… he wants Crockett to accept the challenge and he will lead the men. Flair then says that he has got a date… in Kansas City… Harley Race… he plans to get a chance… perhaps the final chance for the title. 

Barry Windham & Blackjack Mulligan defeated Robert & Carl Kent via the CLAW!

Television champion Tito Santana is here to welcome any and all comers. He says that Greg Valentine does have a right to challenge for the title and he plans on taking him on whenever he wants. He isn’t worried about the 20-minute time limit because he knows he can’t be beat… and he definitely won’t be beat in that time limit! 

*COMMERCIAL*

Ivan Koloff & Nikolai Volkoff are out here working the fans into a frenzy. They’ve lost a little bit of steam over the last couple of weeks but admit that it will all come back tomorrow night when they win the MACW tag titles and take them back to Russia!

Ken Patera & Big John Studd w/ Bobby Heenan defeated Tim Wright & Paul Banks

Heenan then leads his men over to the podium and squashes the rumors about Bundy and says he couldn’t hack it in the family and sent him off the greener pastures but with Studd and Patera… the sky's the limit. He says that they will soon exert their dominance over the NWA together. 

*COMMERCIAL*

We’re back with a huge main event. Six-man tag titles on the line. We’ve got a lot of star power and stakes on the line… let’s go to the ring!

MAIN EVENT
NWA SIX-MAN CHAMPIONSHIP
Wahoo, Steamboat, & Youngblood vs JJ Dillon, Dick Slater, & Bob Orton Jr.
-It doesn’t get much bigger than this. JJ Dillon is back in action after being out for some time. He is definitely the weak link but Orton and Slater are a formidable duo. Steamboat, Youngblood, & Wahoo look to be firing on all cylinders though. A big moment happens when we see Dick Slater holding Jay Youngblood and JJ Dillon reaches down in his tights and comes up with a huge shot but Youngblood ducks out of the way and JJ nails Slater! Slater is down for the count and Steamboat out of nowhere with a cross body on JJ Dillon for the 1...2...3! 

This is where it gets a little more interesting… Wahoo, Steamboat, & Youngblood leave with the titles… the fans pop for them… but in the ring… well… Dick Slater gets up and he’s getting a mouthful from JJ Dillon and Slater doesn’t seem too pleased. Then we see Orton cock back that left hand but Slater turns around… wait a minute… Ole Anderson out of the crowd… he jumps in the ring and attacks Slater! JJ & Orton jump on Slater as well! Oh my it is a 3 on 1 beatdown here and the crowd is going nuts. Here comes Jake Roberts, Wahoo, & Steamboat as Ole, Orton, & JJ jump out of the ring! Caudle and Crockett put this over… is this what Ole meant? Who will walk away with the tag titles tomorrow night?!?!

Gamechanging announcement as the NWA board sends someone to mediate between the warring territories. Nice way to placate the smarter fans who'd be expecting them to step in. Ole interrupts to make it known he's coming for Crockett's job & he's poaching talent to get it done.

Shame Bundy didn't make the cut but Patera & Studd are still a hell of a duo especially managed by someone like Heenan.

Piper's had enough of Slaughter & Kernodle running their mouths & offers to put the title on the line next week!

Every team is talking about the big tournament, as they should be.

Flair has his chance at the Ten Pounds of Gold. Can he make good on it?

Huge main event but it's the aftermath everyone will be talking about! Orton & Dillon turn not just on Slater but all of MACW!

I haven't gotten around to watching MACW from this period but if it's anything like this I'll have to get around to it.

MACW - Event @ Charlotte Coliseum in Charlotte, North Carolina, USA 

TAG TITLE TOURNAMENT

Barry Windham & Blackjack Mulligan

Ricky Steamboat & Jake Roberts

Wahoo & Jay Youngblood

Rocky Johnson & Bret Hart

Bob Orton & JJ Dillon (sub for Dick Slater)

Ivan Koloff & Nikolai Volkoff

The Assassins

Sgt. Slaughter and Kernodle

Windham & Mulligan vs Ivan Koloff & Nikolai Volkoff
-Mulligan and Windham look like the team to beat here after they put down Koloff and Volkoff!

Rocky Johnson & Bret Hart vs Sgt. Slaughter & Don Kernodle
-Sarge and Kernodle look good in a hard fought victory

Wahoo & Jay Youngblood vs The Assassins
-The Assassins pull a major upset defeated Youngblood and Wahoo

Ricky Steamboat & Jake Roberts vs JJ Dillon & Bob Orton
-Double DQ when Dick Slater interfered to get after JJ Dillon and Bob Orton. Steamboat and Roberts where also attacked by Ole Anderson as he teamed up with Orton and Dillon! 

TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
Tito Santana vs Greg Valentine went to a 20-minute draw

Barry Windham & Blackjack Mulligan vs Sgt. Slaughter & Don Kernodle
-This one goes about 16-minutes and is a very hard fought battle. In the end it is Mulligan who gets the victory over Kernodle!

Roddy Piper defeated the The Russian Assassin 

MACW TAG TEAM FINALS
Barry Windham & Blackjack Mulligan vs The Assassins
-The finals of the tag tournament are pretty hot. We see Windham and Mulligan put in some great work against the unlikely pairing of the Assassins… who seem to have a different look tonight. This one goes about 12-minutes and in the final moments we see the actual Assassins walk out and then look like they’ve been in a car wreck. Windham and Mulligan can’t seem to make heads or tails of it but Mulligan is attacked and thrown out of the ring. The Assassins then grab Windham and double him up before hitting a spike piledriver for the 3-count! They get their hands on the belts and then rip off the masks… THAT’S PAUL ORNDORFF AND OLE ANDERSON! WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON HERE?!?! Orndorff and Anderson have to exit quickly as we see Jake Roberts, Rick Steamboat, and Wahoo McDaniel run out after them!  What has happened here?!? 

MACW CHAMPIONSHIP
Ric Flair defeated Ken Patera via DQ

Well booked tournament ends with a major swerve courtesy of new Tag Champs the Assassins- Paul Orndorf & Ole Anderson!

Tito was right, he couldn't be beat in 20 mins. Course he couldn't win in 20 mins either but that's beside the point.

Tough night for Mother Russia. Koloff & Volkoff go down in the first round & their Assassin falls to Piper.

Patera once again does whatever it takes to leave with the gold.

What a night of wrestling in the Queen city!

Saturday 7/31

MACW opens with footage for the MACW Tag Title tournament from last weekend. We see the huge surprise of the Assassins unmasking to reveal Ole Anderson and Paul Orndorff of Georgia Championship Wrestling!

We cut to the studio and Caudle and Crockett are here putting over a huge night of action. They say that Jim Crockett Jr. will be here to discuss the tag title situation along with putting over the big showdown tonight for the US title as Roddy Piper says he will defend against Sgt. Slaughter! Right now we’ve got tag team action!

Wahoo McDaniel & Jay Youngblood defeated The Assassins

Wahoo and Jay walk over and join Caudle and Crockett before we see Ricky Steamboat come out as they put over the six-man titles that they’ve been defending all over the country. Wahoo and Youngblood say that those are the Assassins but now we’ve got issues with Ole and Orndorff walking around with titles that belong to them! They want the shot and will give up anything to get it! 

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back with footage from last week in which Dick Slater was attacked by Ole Anderson along with Bob Orton and JJ Dillon turning on him. We’re back with Slater here just tearing into these guys…

Dick Slater: You know something… I may not be the most talkative man in the bunch but understand this… I do my talking in the ring. Now I see that there is a challenge set out… well I am putting my name in the hat… I don’t care who I am with or where it is at… Jim Crockett… sign me up for the match because I am coming to get my revenge! 

Jake Roberts defeated Ron Wilson via the DDT!

Jake Roberts walks over to the booth and he calls Dick Slater back out. Roberts says that he knows what kind of guys they are dealing with and he is calling out Jim Crockett to put forth the challenge… they want to face Georgia and they want them as soon as they can get them! Jim Crockett is walking out… we’ll see what he has to say when we come back!

*COMMERCIAL*

Jim Crockett is here and he says that he has a contract given to him by Jim Barnett… it states that five Georgia Championship Wrestlers will come up to the Greensboro Coliseum next week… Ole Anderson, Bob Orton Jr, Kevin Sullivan, Buzz Sawyer, & Matt Borne. He needs to put together a team to face them… Jake Roberts and Dick Slater say they will vow to do it… but then the crowd starts to stir when Michael Hayes, Terry Gordy, & Buddy Roberts come out and they vow allegiance to Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling! The Freebirds say they’ve been wronged by Georgia one time too many and that they are going to stick it to them right where it hurts! 

Mr. Fuji & Tenryu defeated Vance Michaels & Johnny Stone via the Karate Chop!

We then see Ivan Koloff come out with Nikolai Volkoff. They are chanting about mother Russian and putting over how the Kremlin has picked them to be the tag champions. They want to challenge Orndorff and Anderson only to bring the titles back to Russia and not Mid Atlantic!

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back putting over the huge night in Greensboro next week. We have a special match signed for the NWA World Title… Dusty Rhodes taking on Harley Race. Plus we’ll see the tag team of Blackjack Mulligan & Barry Windham taking on the NWA world champions Gino Hernandez & Tully Blanchard! This along with the epic 5 on 5 challenge of Mid Atlantic and Georgia Championship Wrestling! Right now Mulligan & Windham are in action!

Blackjack Mulligan & Barry Windham defeated Bobby Rose & Walter Fredricks via the Lariat! 

Mulligan and Windham walk over and put over the NWA world tag title shot next week. They talk about Greensboro being the premiere arena in the Mid Atlantic and they will do everything they can to get the titles. Then we see Ric Flair come out and he goes on a tirade about Dusty Rhodes getting a shot at the title but says he has a date in Kansas City and he is going to make sure he walks away with the gold that night! He says that he is going to be in Greensboro and if he has to step in for the Mid Atlantic team it will be his pleasure!

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back and here comes Greg Valentine just running down Tito Santana. He says that he has faced him all over the Mid Atlantic but there hasn’t been a winner. He challenges Santana to go 30-minutes rather than the regular 20!

Tito Santana defeated Quincy Carter via the Flying Forearm!

Tito has some words for Valentine and says he’d love to face him in 30-minutes… 40-minutes… or even 60. He does care because he is the champion and he’ll defend the title no matter what. Then we see Bobby Heenan come out and he is putting over Patera and Studd. He says that he’s got contracts for both of these men to be headlining cities all over the Mid Atlantic. He welcomes anyone to try and take them on. 

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back and here comes Sgt. Slaughter and he’s got a brace around his neck. He says that Piper attacked him earlier and that he won’t be able to wrestle tonight but his Corporal… Don Kernodle will step in and take him on tonight… let’s go to the ring for our Main Event

Roddy Piper vs Don Kernodle w/ Sgt. Slaughter
-A fun tv main event with some stakes on the line. Piper and Kernodle do a pretty good job here and have the crowd reeling. Piper looks pretty strong as the US Champ and Kernodle is a good challenger. Piper looks to finish with the sleeper hold but then Slaughter gets in the ring and hammers him from behind! Tommy Young calls for the DQ and it is a 2 on 1!

The crowd then pops when Bret Hart runs out and he starts hammering away at Kernodle and Slaughter! Hart and Piper then double up with clotheslines and out go Slaughter and out go Kernodle! Piper and Hart stand tall… we’ll see where this goes next week! 

Excellent episode of MACW really hypes up the card in Greensboro.

30 minutes of Tito/Valentine? Yes please.

MACW vs Georgia 10 man tag! And what a lineup on each side.

Two big World Title matches for Greensboro.

Slaughter looking a bit yellow letting Kernodle fight his battles. Hart & Piper make a intriguing team.

Saturday 8/7

MACW opens this week with a hot 10-man tag… let’s go to the ring!

Jake Roberts, Dick Slater, & The Freebirds defeated Ken Stone, Mike Richards, Ron Wilson, & The Shadows via the DDT!

Roberts, Slater, and the Freebirds come over and they are working the crowd something special! They put everything on the line for tomorrow night in Greensboro! They call out Ole, Orton, Sullivan, Sawyer and Borne. They say that this is going to be the fight of a lifetime and they are going to put Georgia out of business and end this war once and for all!

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back with Caudle and Crockett are pumping up the big night in Greensboro tomorrow. They put over how they have special taped interviews from Dusty Rhodes and Harley Race in preparation for their NWA World Title match. We will also see the NWA World Tag Team Champions, Gino and Tully in action tonight. Plus we’ll hear from Roddy Piper and Ric Flair and we have a huge main event with Blackjack Mulligan & Barry Windham taking on Big John Studd & Ken Patera! Right now let’s head to the ring!

Tito Santana defeated Mr. Fuji via the Flying Forearm!

Tito comes over and he lets the fans know that tomorrow night in Greensboro that it will be a 30-minute time limit with Greg Valentine. He is going to push him to the limit and show everyone that this TV title is going to be the most prestigious it has ever been and he will beat Valentine and any one else who wants a shot! 

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back with some footage from last week with Sgt. Slaughter acting hurt so Kernodle had to face Piper only for Slaughter to attack Piper...

Bret Hart defeated Sama Savage via the Piledriver!

Piper and Bret come over and Piper is hot! He is challenging Sarge and Kernodle next week! He says that Bret is going to be a superstar in this industry and he wants to face Slaughter and Kernodle and there will be no rules but only one winner and it will be them! 

*COMMERCIAL*

We’re back for MACW and we’ve got special taped promos from Harley Race & Dusty Rhodes…

Dusty Rhodes: You know something… over all my years in wrestling there have been few men as tough as Harley Race. This man has been the NWA World Champion more times than anyone else. He may have lost the title but he finds a way to get it back. He is without question one of the greatest champions of all time… but now… that time has come to an end. The end of an era if you will. Harley Race… we’ve been in the ring together hundreds of times… by my count we’re even steven baby but tomorrow night in Greensboro… it is the match to end the tie baby. The title is on the line. Honor is on the line. Respect is on the line. The American Dream will reign supreme like the dreams of all the American people out there. I am coming for the gold jack and I won’t quit till I get it!

Harley Race: Dusty Rhodes… this title is the image of excellence in this sport. I hold this title close for a reason. It is a part of my identity. It doesn’t matter who I step into the ring with… I will be the champion. I will walk out with the title. Any man on earth can be across from me in that ring and I will show them why I am the absolute best wrestler on the planet. This title says it is so. My ability says it is so. You will find out tomorrow night… one more time… why I am the champion of champions and the best that this sport has to offer. 

Greg Valentine defeated Jim Knight via the Figure Four Leg Lock!

Ric Flair comes out and he’s hot! He is going on and on about Dusty Rhodes getting the shot tomorrow night… he says that he has a date in Kansas City. He doesn’t care if it is Rhodes or Race… he will be the champion and he will be there tomorrow night to watch it all go down. 

*COMMERCIAL*

Sgt. Slaughter and Kernodle are out here and they accept the challenge of Piper and Bret Hart. Slaughter says that their defeat will mark the beginning of the end for Roddy Piper and he will be the one to put him away forever.

NWA World Tag Team Champions Gino Hernandez & Tully Blanchard defeated Mike Reed & Dominic Drake via the Spike Piledriver!

Gino and Tully walk over and show off the world tag team titles. They put over how they dominated the Mid Atlantic and now they’re dominating every territory in the NWA. Tomorrow night… we get to dominate Mulligan and Windham… then it will be on the to next challenger and so on. It is the story that won’t end because something this good can’t be stopped!

*COMMERCIAL*

We’re back with Caudle and Crockett pumping up the big main event along with the huge show tomorrow night in Greensboro. Let’s head to the ring! 

MAIN EVENT
Blackjack Mulligan & Barry Windham vs Big John Studd & Ken Patera w/ Bobby Heenan
-A good tag team main event but Barry Windham is seriously outmatched right now. He plays the face in peril so well. He is able to make the big tag to Mulligan who can come in like a house of fire and he stands toe to toe with Studd and Patera so well… the problem being that Gino and Tully come back out and they pull Windham down and they are hammering away at him. Mulligan turns to see what is going on but then Studd and Patera attack him. Studd then picks up Mulligan for a huge Bearhug and then slams him into the ground! 1….2...3! Patera and Studd win. Gino and Tully have made their mark. Windham and Mulligan have a lot to comeback from! 

MACW - Event @ Greensboro Coliseum in Greensboro, North Carolina, USA 8/8/81

NWA World Championship
Dusty Rhodes defeated Harley Race via DQ

Jake Roberts, Dick Slater, Michael Hayes, Buddy Roberts, & Terry Gordy vs Ole Anderson, Bob Orton Jr, Kevin Sullivan, Buzz Sawyer, & Matt Borne
-It what came as a surprise to many, The Freebirds turned on Slater and Roberts and joined the GCW crew in beating them down something awful before Wahoo, Steamboat, Youngblood, Mulligan, and Windham came out… but what really blew up was when Flair came out and he was HOT! He was chopping everything that moved as GCW fled. This was is far from over!

NWA World Tag Team Championship
Gino Hernandez & Tully Blanchard defeated Blackjack Mulligan & Barry Windham

MACW Title
Ken Patera © defeated Wahoo McDaniel

NWA United States Championship
Roddy Piper defeated Don Kerndole

NWA Television Championship
Tito Santana vs Greg Valentine went to a 30-minute time limit

Ric Flair defeated Big John Studd via DQ

Sgt. Slaughter defeated Bret Hart

Ricky Steamboat defeated Tenryu

First the TV show.

A episode of strong promos that do precisely what they're supposed to, Hype Greensboro through the damn room!

The exchange between Rhodes & Race was classic. Very well done.

Gino & Tully couldn't be expected to pass up a chance to hurt their challengers early.

Looking forward to Piper/Hart vs Slaughter/Kernodle next week.

On to Greensboro.

Steamboat vs Tenryu sounds like a awesome opener.

Next week's main event break even.

Flair getting past Studd is a big deal even if it's by dq.

Tito & Valentine may need a whole hour to settle this. I'd watch that.

Patera with a big time defense over Wahoo.

Mulligan & Windham can't overcome the previous days assault + the talent of the champions. Even having lost their manager i predict it will be extremely difficult to take the titles from Gino & Tully.

Wait your saying the Freebirds...can't be trusted? Impossible! Lucky for MACW Flair is here to save the day!

Race takes the easy way out but I gotta feeling he ain't gonna lose much sleep with the 10 pounds of gold nearby.

Great couple of days for Mid-Atlantic.

Saturday 8/14

Flair pumping August 30th in Kansas City with Harley Race!

Ricky Steamboat & Wahoo McDaniel defeated Mr. Fuji & Tenryu

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back and we’ve got Steamboat, Wahoo, & Youngblood are here and they are running down the Freebirds something awful. They talk about them turning their backs on MACW but now they’re coming for revenge… tomorrow night in the Omni they are taking the six-man titles and they get a shot at all of them and they won’t waste this opportunity. 

Jake Roberts & Dick Slater defeated the Assassins

Roberts and Slater come over and they put over the war with GCW and talk about how they are going to the Omni tomorrow night and they are going to bring the MACW tag titles back home. They say that Orndorff and Anderson don’t deserve the gold and they are going to prove to them that they are nothing but low down yellow dogs! 

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back and we’ve got Bobby Heenan out here and he is going crazy saying that Big Daddy Bundy couldn’t hang with John Studd & Ken Patera… in his place he has replaced him with KING KONG BUNDY!

King Kong Bundy & Big John Studd defeated Walt Stone & Mike Armstrong via the AVALANCHE! 

Bundy is back with no hair and a black singlet and he is looking like a monster with Studd. Heenan is all smiles and says that he has got a close eye on the MACW tag titles. He’s got a lot of respect for Paul Orndorff and Ole Anderson but right now they’ve got what he wants and he is going to unleash Studd and Bundy to get it! He then starts in on Wahoo McDaniel who has openly challenged Ken Patera for the MACW title. He says anytime that feathered fool wants to step in the ring Patera will have no problem throwing him out of it! 

*COMMERCIAL*

We’re back on MACW with Crockett and Caudle putting over the TV title issue with Santana and Valentine. They talk about how Valentine is going to put everything on the line to get the title and do whatever it takes to beat Santana.

Jay Youngblood vs Greg Valentine
-Good matchup for both men. Youngblood may be better in tag team situations and seems outmatched here with Valentine. Youngblood can make a decent little comeback but it is cut short by a nasty gutshot from Valentine and then he sets him up for a nasty back elbow smash and then a pinfall with a handful of tights for the 3-count!

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back with Caudle and Crockett putting over the tag team of Windham and Mulligan. The Father and Son combo really have a lot of momentum right now but the Russians seem to be on their back...

Barry Windham & Blackjack Mulligan defeated Bob Ryder & Tim Wallace via the LARIAT! 

Ivan Koloff & Nikolai come out and they are giving Mulligan and Windham the business. Mulligan and Windham then walk over and put the challenge out for tomorrow night. The Russians aren’t afraid fo the fight and tell them they will meet them in Charlotte! 

*COMMERCIAL*

We’re back with our main event here on MACW. Caudle and Crockett once again put over the big event tomorrow night in Charlotte. They also talk about the men who will be in Atlanta to compete against GCW wrestlers for the MACW Tag Titles and the NWA World Six-Man titles. Right now it is time for this huge tag team match… let’s go to the ring!

Roddy Piper & Bret Hart vs Sgt. Slaughter & Don Kernodle
-A hot tv main event with some serious heat for Piper and Slaughter. Slaughter does everything he can to get out of the way whenever Piper tries to get him. Kenrodle is perhaps the sacrificial lamb and Piper and Bret take turns taking him out. The finish sees Slaughter actually push Kernodle into the ring as Bret Hart hits a huge dropkick and here comes Piper with a PILEDRIVER for the 3-count! Piper and Bret are the winners but out of nowhere we see Slaughter come with the US title belt and crack Piper! He then cracks Bret! Slaughter picks up Piper and locks him in the Cobra Clutch! 

Officials and agents run out to try and stop this but Slaughter won’t let go of the Cobra Clutch and Piper is selling it like a million dollars! The crowd is going nuts right now! Caudle and Crockett put it over… a huge night in Charlotte tomorrow along with action in the Omni!

MACW - Event @ Charlotte Coliseum in Charlotte, North Carolina, USA 

MACW Championship
Ric Flair defeated Ken Patera © via DQ

United States Championship
Sgt. Slaughter defeated Roddy Piper to become the NEW United States Champion!

MACW Television Championship
Tito Santana defeated Greg Valentine at the 29-minute mark!

Blackjack Mulligan & Barry Windham defeated Ivan Koloff & Nikola Volkoff

Bret Hart defeated Don Kernodle

First the TV show.

The MACW/Georgia war is front page news as it should be! The six man titles & the MACW tag titles are on the line in the Omni!

So long Big Daddy hello King Kong.

Chaos follows a can't miss main event. The Piper/Slaughter feud is majorly heating up.

On too Charlotte.

Big win for young Bret.

Nothing more wholesome than a father & son duo beating a couple of Russians in the early 80's.

Santana finally gets a decisive win over Valentine.

New U.S champ in the Queen city!

Patera doesn't care how but he WILL hold onto that title.

Saturday 8/21

We open up MACW this week with special footage from last week’s show in Charlotte. We see the crowning of the NEW United States Champion… Sgt. Slaughter. We then cut to Crockett and Caudle who are pumping up the huge night of action and they welcome out the NEW Mid Atlantic Championship Tag Team Champions… Dick Slater and Jake Roberts! We hear that they won the titles in the Omni in front of a very rowdy crowd. They bring the titles out and say they are home where they belong. The victory celebration doesn’t last too long… Here comes Bobby Heenan and he’s got Studd, Bundy, and Patera with him. Heenan is jabbing at Roberts and Slater and says that as champions they should defend the titles… he challenges them to a match right here tonight. He has got Studd and Bundy all ready to go! Roberts and Slater say they won’t back down from a challenge and they accept… we’ve got a main event tonight… oh my!

Tenryu & Fuji defeated Bob Ryder  & George Williams via the Karate Throat Thrust!

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back and Caudle and Crockett are pumping up a huge show next week as it is GCW vs MACW Battle Brawl next week in Greensboro! They talk about the big main event to be announced later on here tonight… plus we’ll see a special challenge match and the NWA World Tag Titles on the line. More on that card in just a couple of minute but right now we’ve got a big tag team match!

Barry Windham & Blackjack Mulligan vs Ivan Koloff & Nikolai Volkoff
-Hot contest to keep us going here as Windham and Mulligan have got a lot of momentum while Koloff and Volkoff have got some good heat. The crowd is really behind the babyfaces here and main does Windham know how to sell. He builds to the big comeback and makes the big tag to Mulligan who comes in like a house of fire. He’s got some lariats and big time rights and lefts for both of the Russians. He goes up to the middle rope when Nikolai turns around and comes flying with a lariat! He covers for the 1...2...3! Windham and Mulligan win but outside the ring… Windham is staggering and here comes Koloff with the russian chain and BAM right around his throat and neck! Windham is down and he is in serious pain! 

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back and here comes Sgt. Slaughter with his new United States Championship. He and Kernodle are working the fans and Sarge is letting everyone know that he will take this title all over the country and show all the pukes exactly what law and order is all about. He says that Roddy Piper was a weak champion and an even weaker man. He plans to put him down like an old dog if he decides to try and challenge him again!

Don Kernodle defeated Vince Callahan via the Cobra Clutch Slam!

We then have Tito Santana come out and put over the TV title and he says he is the kind of champion that people can rely on. He says that he hasn’t gotten too much of an opportunity to get into this MACW vs GCW war but he is letting Jim Crockett and everyone else know that he’s putting his name at the top of the list!

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back and Caudle and Crockett are putting over the GCW vs MACW Battle Brawl next week in Greensboro! We’ll see a huge eight man tag and Jim Crockett will be out here to announce the teams in a little while. We also know that there will be a special tag team contest with Ken Patera and Tito Santana taking on Tommy Rich and Paul Orndorff, the respective champions of each promotion. Also Sgt. Slaughter will be taking on Ron Garvin for the US Title and we’ll see a six-man championship rematch. Right now we’ve got Wahoo, Jay, & Steamboat out here putting over the big rematch. They talk about  doing whatever it takes and won’t be afraid to bend the rules to get the gold!

Jay Youngblood & Ricky Steamboat defeated the Assassins via the Flying Cross Body!

Ric Flair comes out and he’s pumping up August 30th in Kansas City with Harley Race! He says this will be the moment and the brightest hour in the history of his life… but before all that… he plans on going to Greensboro next week and beating up Ole Anderson and anyone else from GCW who wants to fight. He talks about how he’s wrestled everywhere and he knows the best is right here in Mid Atlantic and without a doubt, it will always be that way. He tells everyone that he will be the NEXT WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!

*COMMERCIAL*

Caudle and Crockett continue to push GCW vs MACW Battle Brawl next week in Greensboro! Another match signed is Buzz Sawyer and Kevin Sullivan taking on Blackjack Mulligan & Barry Windham. We’ll hear from Jim Crockett after our next match…

Bret Hart defeated Greg King via the Piledriver!

Crockett comes out and he is putting over the big contest next week in Greensboro but then we see Roddy Piper come out with his arm in a sling. He is working the injury from Slaughter and says that his shoulder was dislocated. Piper says he wants the rematch with Slaughter but Crockett stops him and says that Piper is is needed to join Jake Roberts, Dick Slater, & Ric Flair in the MAIN EVENT! The Hot Rod doesn’t seem too excited about this news...

*COMMERCIAL*

Caudle and Crockett are back putting over the big tag title match here tonight and the huge show next week in Greensboro!

MAIN EVENT
MID ATLANTIC TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Jake Roberts & Dick Slater vs Big John Studd & King Kong Bundy w/ Bobby Heenan

-A great main event with all four men getting some shine but it is Bundy and Studd who exert their dominance in a big way. Their size is just too much for Slater and Roberts. We have limited tv time remaining here as these guys are pushing the limits. Roberts and Slater refuse to quit and keep going after the bigger men. Caudle and Crockett are pumping this up as we have to fade out… Roberts just got hit with an AVALANCHE BY BUNDY! What’s going to happen?!?!

Show kicks off with a heated exchange between Roberts/Slater & Heenan leading to a massive main event being signed!

So ready for Battle Brawl!

Mulligan & Windham are going Russian hunting after Ivan's cheapshot.

Flair can't wait for the 30th & neither can I.

Crockett should really make clear to Piper excactly when he can expect his rematch. Isn't wise to leave Hot Rod hanging like this.

Great now everyone HAS to tune in next week just to find out who won this week's main event. I mean I'll do it but I'm not happy about it. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Saturday 8/28

MACW opens with a recap of the tag title match from last week… Ken Patera interfered but Wahoo came out to even the odds! Tonight we’ll see Wahoo taking on Bundy as Caudle and Crockett pump up the huge main event. Plus tomorrow night… Greensboro… Battle Brawl 81 with GCW coming into the home territory of MACW to take them on in a series of big matches. We’ll hear from competitors tonight about this big card. 

Jay Youngblood & Ricky Steamboat defeated George Wallace & Tim Weathers via the Flying Cross Body!

Youngblood and Steamboat are joined by Wahoo who is putting over the big six-man title match tomorrow night. They talk about the Freebirds being low down and dirty but they’re coming for a true fight. Wahoo then says that tonight he’ll get a measure of revenge on Bundy but he has his eyes on Patera and the MACW Title!

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back with Caudle and Crockett talking about the MACW Tag Champions, Dick Slater & Jake Roberts who come out to a great ovation. They work the crowd and talk about continuing to defend the titles but also defend the name of Mid Atlantic and they look forward to the war tomorrow night with Flair and Piper by their side!

Mr. Fuji & Tenryu defeated Mike Evans & Guy Fredricks via the Karate Chop!

After Fuji and Tenryu do their thing, we see Sgt. Slaughter come out and put over the US title. He says that tomorrow night he will destroy Ron Garvin but then he is going to do everything in his power to make sure Roddy Piper never gets a shot at the US Title again!

*COMMERCIAL*

MACW is back with Tito Santana putting over his big match tomorrow night with Ken Patera as they take on Tommy Rich and Paul Orndorff. He says that this is one of the most unorthodox matches he’s ever been in but he knows that he has the heart and the spirit to come out on top no matter what!

Ivan Koloff w/ Nikolia defeated Bob Williams via the Russian Sickle!

Barry Windham & Blackjack Mulligan come out and they run through their issue with the Russians but also talk about taking on Kevin Sullivan & Buzz Sawyer tomorrow night. They say that they're the most unpredictable wrestlers in the world and it is going to be the fight of their life. 

*COMMERCIAL*

We’re back and here comes Ric Flair and he’s pumping August 30th in Kansas City with Harley Race! He says that this is the moment that will define his career and his trajectory into the 1980s. He notes that Harley Race is a great champion but now is the time for the Nature Boy and he is going to style and profile all over Kansas City and become the next world heavyweight champion! He then says that tomorrow night in Greensboro… the Battle Brawl 81… eight of the top wrestlers in the world are going to come to head and there will only be one team left standing. MACW is pulling out the big guns with Piper, Flair, Slater, & Roberts and we’re coming for blood, honor, and to shut that mouth of Ole Anderson up once and for all. WOOO!

Greg Valentine defeated Vic Peterson via the Figure Four Leg Lock

Here comes Roddy Piper and he doesn’t appear too happy. He pumps up the crowd with a scathing promo on Sgt. Slaugther. He says that he has his title and he is too afraid to defend it. Piper says he is the number one contender for the title and the fact he doesn’t get a rematch right now really pisses him off. He says he is going to take out his aggression tomorrow night and the world of wrestling won’t be ready for the Hot Rod when all is said and done!

*COMMERCIAL*

Bobby Heenan brings out Ken Patera who puts over his tag match tomorrow night with Tito Santana. He says that Santana better just do as he’s told and stay out of his way so that they can preserve some sense of dignity here in the Mid Atlantic. He notes that Paul Orndorff is a great competitor. He says Tommy Rich is nothing but a paper champion and tomorrow night he’s going to put him down for the count and end any hopes he has of being a true champion. He then turns the tide on Wahoo and tells him that his days are numbered now that he’s messed with the Heenan Family. Together, they will rule the world of wrestling and put him out to pasture like the goat that he is!

Bret Hart defeated Cal Perry via the Piledriver!

We then see a special pre-taped promo from Gino and Tully in which they put over the big tag title match tomorrow night against Dibiase and Hansen. They talk about ending this little run as champions for them sooner than later and really exerting their greatness throughout the NWA!

*COMMERCIAL*

Caudle and Crockett are back putting over our huge main event and the big event tomorrow night in Greensboro. Fans you won’t want to miss Battle Brawl 81. Right now it is time for our main event tonight… let’s go to the ring.

MAIN EVENT
Wahoo McDaniel vs King Kong Bundy w/ Bobby Heenan
What a tv main event and these two boys throw some big time lumber inside that ring. We see neither man really sell for the other but then Wahoo takes exception and gets some chops going that shake the chest of Bundy right down to his core. Bundy mounts some offense to get some heat before Wahoo comes back with a fury unlike any other. His comeback is stopped when Bobby Heenan grabs his leg but then Wahoo goes out of the ring and he NAILS Bobby Heenan! That brings out Studd & Patera who attack Wahoo and cause the DQ!

Bundy, Studd, & Patera are working Wahoo over something awful and he can’t seem to get himself together. They tie him up in the ropes and take turns hammering away at him, busting him wide open. Here comes Mulligan, Windham, Youngblood, & Steamboat to chase them off but the damage has been done. Will Wahoo be in any condition to compete tomorrow night?!?

MACW - Event @ Greensboro Coliseum in Greensboro, North Carolina, USA 8/29/1981

GCW vs MACW Battle Brawl

Blackjack Mulligan & Barry Windham vs Buzz Sawyer & Kevin Sullivan
-A pretty fun Brawl with all four men throwing it out there. We get some juice with Sawyer and Mulligan but it is Windham who hits a Bulldog on Sullivan out of nowhere for the 3-count.

UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP
Sgt. Slaughter © vs Ron Garvin
-Slaughter and Garvin throw some serious blows here. They hammer away at one another with huge shots all over the ring and ringside area. The finish sees Don Kernodle get involved only for Bret Hart to come out and pull him down but this is a distraction for Garvin who gets hit with a low blow and 3-count by Slaughter. 

SIX-MAN CHAMPIONSHIP
Wahoo, Youngblood, & Steamboat vs The Freebirds
-The Freebirds retained the titles in a very hot six-man. The Birds have got some real heat here and they work the fans. Wahoo and Gordy really put on a show. The finish sees Michael Hayes hit a DDT on Youngblood out of nowhere for the victory.

SPECIAL CHALLENGE
Ken Patera & Tito Santana vs Tommy Rich & Paul Orndorff
-An odd contest for all intents and purposes. Both teams have communication issues and fight among one another before going at the others. The Rich and Santana/Orndorff and Patera encounters are fun but nothing super special. This one goes to a double DQ as it turns into a face vs heels match with Rich and Santana hitting double drop kicks on both guys sending them out of the ring. 

NWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Tully & Gino © vs Stan Hansen & Ted Dibiase
-These four guys leave it all out in the ring. It is a  30-minute contest with a lot tags and some really great action. The finish is kind of messy with JJ Dillon getting involved and pulling Hansen from the ring while Gino and Tully double up on Dibiase with a nasty Spike Piledriver for the 3-count!

Ric Flair, Roddy Piper, Dick Slater, & Jake Roberts vs Ole Anderson, Bob Orton, Masked Superstar, & Don Muraco
-They go 30-minutes and it is hard hitting from bell to bell. Early on in the contest, Piper is thrown into the ringpost and looks to have injured his shoulder again. With the 4 on 3 is it GCW who controls the contest but soon it is the Nature Boy Show and my golly he’s over with the fans. He is coming with some serious shots and turns the tide. Don Muraco looks especially good. Jake Roberts plays the face in peril and he has the crowd in the palm of his hand and then the crowd explodes when Flair comes in and he is hammering away. The GCW crew looks to get control again but then here comes Roddy Piper out again and Oh My! This is pure excitement right now with everyone throwing bombs and Piper gets into the ring… and he NAILS FLAIR! OMG! Piper is on top of Flair and he’s hammering away at him. This is crazy. The GCW crew then jumps all over Slater and Roberts!

The referee is calling for the bell as all hell is breaking loose. The fans are rabid right now as Orton and Muraco hold up Flair and Piper is smacking him in the face and then pounding away at his head. He’s busted wide open. Then we hear a huge pop when here comes Mulligan, Windham, Tito, and Wahoo out to even the odds. The battle continues but then here comes The Freebirds, Orndorff, Sullivan, &  Sawyer. Not to be outdone...Youngblood, and Ricky Steamboat come out. It is Steamboat who really shines and cleans some house as GCW leaves the ring. Piper then gets to his feet and jumps out of the ring and goes right for them all. The fans are just going nuts! The brawl continues in the aisleway!

Young Barry gets a pretty big pin to start the night on a high note for MACW.

Hart tries his best but accidentally cost Garvin big time.

The Freebirds retain in a heated affair.

I was wondering which champions team would implode first & the answer is...simultaneously!

JJ screws Hansen & DiBiase out of the World titles putting extra heat on their National Championship match.

The big 8 man is here & what an ending as Piper turns on MACW,or maybe just Flair(?) & kicks off a brawl with EVERYONE involved!

Battle Brawl delivers huge!