Pro Wrestling Only

AWA Major League Wrestling

spaldoni

You just set up Lawler vs Wildfire and Bockwinkel vs Hennig on the same TV show.... Props to you Sir, it doesn't get a whole lot better than that!

Iaukea might make Colon more interesting!

R'n'R's vs the Japanese team would make for some fun matches.

Dave Taylor and Johnny Smith is a great team. They'll definitely make waves here.

AWA is looking good going into '87!!

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's always interesting to see the reset after a big event and SuperClash had so many great stories coming to a head...this episode should be fun!

Colon joining King Curtis solidifies his heel turn as not just something that was done for the match with Steamboat, I think this is a smart move!

Rock & Roll vs. the Japanese duo for the tag titles should make for some classic matches!

Cabin Fever will either make or break Zbyzsko and Perez as a team.

Bockwinkel vs. Hennig is going to be great! Win or lose, Hennig will certainly level up working with Bock!

Tommy Rich's reign of terror in this game continues in the AWA! Rich vs. Lawler will be fun to see unfold!

That opening was ominous! I hope Ricky Steamboat is prepared to deal with an alliance between Carlos Colon and Curtis Iaukea!

Greg Gagne works so well as an insufferable heel. He didn't say anything that wasn't true, but I'm desperate to see him eat those words all the same!

I want to see big things from the British Bombers! They've got a lot of competition, mind you.

Tommy Rich! Oh, this is going to be such a great feud!

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 12-10-86

167313698_tvlogo.jpg.3be55aedf01806447af1bd24ca0a963d.jpg

Footage from last week is shown as Carlos Colon walks off with Curtis iaukea 

Lance Russell: Hello everybody and welcome to another edition of AWA Major League Wrestling. I have to say, I'm still speechless after watching Colon walk off with Iaukea. I can't imagine what Iaukea is feeding Colon's head with. Well, in action tonight will be Crusher Blackwell, Cabin Fever, Scott Putski. As you know, this weekend in Jackson, Nick Bockwinkle will wrestle Curt Hennig, with the winner receiving a world title shot against Ricky Steamboat on New Year's Eve at the Mid South Coliseum. Both Bockwinkle and Hennig will be in tune up bouts tonight. Also, the team of Billy Jack Haynes and Rip Morgan will take on Lightning Strike. Our TV challenge drawing returns and believe it or not, the two names drawn were Nick Kiniski and Kevin Kelly. That's right, the team of Gold Standard will wrestle each other for a TV title shot on next week's program. AWA World champ Ricky Steamboat will be here as well. Now, in case some of you missed it last week, I want to show you some very disturbing footage of what went down.

Footage is shown from last week as Tommy Rich hits Jerry Lawler from behind with a chair, then double arm DDTs Lawler face first on the concrete! 

Lance: I don't feel good about this but coming out now is Tommy Wildfire Rich. 

tommy.jpg.3df03030a01d7e69bfbf8ecf64dcb877.jpg

Thundering boos as Tommy comes out smiling and waving to the fans. 

Rich: Lance! Did you say something about being fired up? Damn, it's good to see you again. 

Lance: Alright Tommy, ok, let's get right to it. Jerry Lawler was already in a bad way from his SuperClash match with Austin Idol. Then, last week, you showed up out of the blue and viciously attack Lawler. Jerry was just released from the hospital and we're not sure if he'll be able to defend his National Title within the 30 day limit. So, why did you do that to Lawler and why are you here in the AWA? 

Rich: Lance, I'll tell you why I'm here. The wrestling world so desperately needs a world champion like myself. I should be the NWA world champ but I got screwed big time. And since I was blatantly screwed, well, I'm sure you heard what happened to the NWA. Nothing but chaos. So, it's really simple. I'm here to win the AWA world title. But! To answer why I did what I did to Lawler, well. that's also pretty simple. Everybody says Lawler is the King around here. Lawler thinks he's the King. Lance! I want to be the King here! In order to do that, I must dethrone the so called current King, Jerry Lawler. Now, Lawler might've sent Bill Dundee packing. He might've sent Austin Idol packing but I guarantee he can't do that to Tommy Rich. You see, Tommy Rich is the one who sends wrestlers out of town. 

Lance: Wait just a second, in Continental, didn't you just...

Rich: Shut your mouth, Lance! That was all a conspiracy. I wanted to leave! Besides, everybody is crazy and ruthless out there. That's not what Tommy Rich is about.  Now, as I was saying. I'm going to dethrone Lawler. So listen up Jerry. I'm challenging you to a match on New Year's Eve, right in your own backyard. You and me, at the Mid South Coliseum, loser leaves town! That's right! Being the nice guy that I am, I'm going to put you out of your misery quick. Let's just see if Lawler has the guts. Lance, it's been a pleasure. 

Rich pats Lance on the shoulder, then exits. 

Lance: I think Tommy might be a bit delusional on some things. He laid the loser leaves town challenge down but I'm not sure if Lawler will be medically cleared by then. Fans, we'll be right back. 

Commercial Break

Scott "Powerhouse" Putski vs. Louis Kimberland 

putski.jpg.67044e38c0e3ca3225c6eefa28899ee0.jpg

Putski's coming off a heartbreaking loss to Greg Gagne at SuperClash but seems to be rebounding well. Putski swings Louis to the ropes and powerslams him over for the pin! 

Commercial Break

Resnick: Fans, with me right now are The Bruise Brothers, Porkchop Cash and Snowman. Cash, I understand you have something you want to share with the fans.

cash.jpg.853afb9e0d29379021ceecc772970eeb.jpgsnowman.jpg.8707a32a546277c3841293ff0d0c1573.jpg

Cash: Thank you Ken. As you know my knee has been giving me a lot of problems. I thought I could go at Superclash but it looked like I rushed things. That costed me and my partner the National tag titles. Snowman, brother, I'm sorry. So, I've decided to go back home to Florida for awhile and get right. However, I want everybody to know that the Bruise Brothers will continue on in the AWA. I've already talked to my brother Snowman and he's all for it. I made the call and Snowman's new partner will be arriving soon. And Ken, wait until you see this specimen. No doubt in my mind, the Bruise Brothers will be bigger, badder and stronger than ever. It's been a thrill ride here for me. Thank you all and most of all, thank you Snowman! 

Snowman: Porkchop, I'll always be your brother and just call if you ever need anything. You get right. I appreciate everything you did for me. Thank you! 

The fans are up and cheering as the Bruise Brothers embrace. 

Commercial Break 

Crusher Blackwell vs. Sam Smith 

blackwell.jpg.b38866d2536b43a560d8890a4449474f.jpg

Blackwell is hard hitting tonight as he takes it to Smith. Blackwell slams Smith down, swings off the ropes and hits the Splash for the win. 

Resnick: Crusher Blackwell, I have to say that was nothing short of impressive. After what happened at Superclash, I know you have a lot of issues with Kerry Brown and his new manager Roger Kirby. 

Blackwell: Brown! Kirby! This is only the beginning! When I get my hands on you Kerry Brown, I'm going to choke the life right out of you! And if Roger Kirby wants to get involved, fine by me! I would love nothing more than to rip him in half! 

Commercial Break 

Lightning Strike vs. Billy Jack Haynes and Rip Morgan 

horner.jpg.3f3fa9f74f52d16c51d81836dff7c1ee.jpgallen.jpg.b44fa23b3fe60e2e4393e56f48362e22.jpgbjh.jpg.9b6e7dcfa21b679b5ac331d3dca0c843.jpgrip.jpg.79204e93ea07378975a297575080f041.jpg

It seems Morgan is reverting back to his old days because he comes out with a chain around his neck. 

Billy takes control quick and is all over Allen. Billy almost decapitates Allen with a clothesline 1..2..Horner breaks it. Billy continues to control the match until Allen is able to somersault over and tag in Horner. Horner is on fire as he takes it to Billy. Horner goes for a backdrop but Billy kicks him. Billy struggles as he makes his way over to the corner while Horner is crawling to his corner. Just as Billy reaches for the tag, Morgan nails him with his chain! Horner tags in Allen at the same time. Lightning Strike has no idea what just happened. Allen hits a jumping elbow drop on Billy 1..2..3! 

Lightning Strike celebrates and leaves. 

Morgan walks over to the fallen Billy and starts pounding on him with his chain! He then leaves Billy a bloody mess. 

Resnick: Rip Morgan! What in the world was that all about? 

Morgan: Billy Jack is a weak link! Nord and I were a strong unit. Ox Baker turned us into Beasts! Because of Billy's poor and disgraceful performance at SuperClash, Nord has left and Ox was severely hurt. Billy Jack had to pay and pay he did! The real thing Rip Morgan is back! If Billy Jack wants more (holds up his chain) come and get it! 

Morgan storms off.

Resnick: I'm not sure that's how it happened but I sure wasn't going to argue with that madman. 

Commercial Break 

We come back to a wrecking yard. Gino Brito stands in front of the camera. 

Brito: It's time to get focused again. It's time to show the AWA what the Wrecking Machine Richard Charland is all about. 

Charland walks up to a car and shatters all the windows with a back elbow blast. He tapes his fists, walks up to another car and punches the windows out. He walks up to another car and takes out a window with his boot. Charland looks in the camera and clenches his fist. 

Brito: The Wrecking Machine is set to wreak havoc on the AWA! 

Commercial Break 

Curt Hennig vs. Neil Jordan 

hennig.jpg.9f15335e0fcb16a1c7f14e5e533c6ad4.jpg

Hennig looks sharp tonight and finishes things off with the Fisherman's Suplex. 

Resnick: Curt Hennig, huge opportunity tomorrow night in Jackson when you take on Nick Bockwinkle. The winner gets a world title shot on New Year's Eve. 

Hennig: Resnick, Bockwinkle has been whining and crying about a world title shot but if anybody deserves one it's me. He doesn't have a chance. Come on, he doesn't have the athleticism, conditioning, stamina or endurance to keep up. Tomorrow night, I'm going to dispose of that old man and then it's onto the world title. And Steamboat, you better be ready because that title's mine!  

Commercial Break 

The camera zooms in on the glowing pink "Beauty Shop" sign, then pans down to Brenda Britton. 

britton.jpg.5aec91034fa6881ddb8f0e304ad2e2e2.jpg

Britton: Hi everybody and welcome once again to the highest rated segment in wrestling, the Beauty Shop. Now I know all of you have been concerned about Gerry Morrow. Well, as always you get the biggest scoops here. Yours truly has been invited to Gerry Morrow's Elite Only Christmas Eve party. I have been asked to give a special Beauty Shop at that party. Wow! That's the best Christmas gift ever for me and the fans. Not that you all deserve it. Ok, now I'm not thrilled about tonight's guest and honestly I'm a little concerned about my safety so he better watch himself. My guest is Blackjack Mulligan. 

mulligan.jpg.e6f7ba08806e20257b27041096a7b850.jpg

Cheers as Mulligan comes out. 

Britton: I have to say after what Iceman Parsons did to you at SuperClash, I didn't think you would ever show your face again. 

Mulligan: Listen up little lady and Iceman Parsons you better listen up to! You wanted to prove yourself, did you? You wanted to show that dirt bag Roger Kirby you have what it takes. And you wanted to do this at my expense! Big mistake! Just ask Paul Jones. Just ask Dream Machine. Parsons! You're mine! 

Britton: You better be careful. Since I have all the scoops, let me fill you in on this one. Roger Kirby and his men, Kerry Brown, Dream Machine and of course Iceman Parsons are known as the Syndicate. I must say, with a name like that, I think you're in big trouble! 

Mulligan: Yea, as you can see, I'm really scared. Here's a scoop for you little lady. I have some friends to and we're all more than willing to take the so called Syndicate down! Syndicate! We're coming for you! 

Britton: We'll see about that. Until next week, tooodles. 

Commercial Break 

Cabin Fever vs. Todd Rooney and Ray Glader 

boone.jpg.aa44af1a20fb06040babc66d7da137c4.jpgmanny.jpg.3f1884c6c4e32d74e23cfa99bf3cc939.jpg

Manny hits the flying burrito and tags in Boone. Boone hits a standing leg drop and it's all over. 

Resnick: Ok, tomorrow night, you guys get a shot at the National Tag Titles against Larry Z and Al Perez. 

Manny: Cabin Fever wants those titles back daddy and tomorrow night we're going to get them! The champs think we're not the cohesive unit that they are, well in Jackson, we'll prove them wrong. 

Boone: We've been fighting all year and we've got one more to go! 

Cabin Fever high five and exit.

Resnick: The tag team division is at its all time highest. Next week at the Rupp Arena, world champs Fujinami and Tsuruta will defend their titles against the Rock n Roll Express. That should be an outstanding match up. And get this, also at the Rupp Arena, The Olympians will face the Union where the losing team must disband. Looks like that feud will be settled once and for all. 

Commercial Break 

Nick Bockwinkle vs. Arnie Goldstein 

bock2.jpg.b204ac628a7202f37483e6932d1d1c09.jpg

Bock puts on a clinic and wins the match with a piledriver. 

Resnick: Nick Bockwinkle, stakes are high tomorrow night. I'm sure you heard the comments of Curt Hennig earlier. 

Bock: Indeed I did. Mr. Hennig is beaming with confidence as well as he should. However, one mistake he is making is underestimating myself. I have been at the top and have been a world champion. I would like very much to have another reign and like Curt Hennig, I'm filled with confidence. I will defeat Hennig and rest assured Ricky Steamboat, I will win back the world title. 

Commercial Break 

Winner gets a TV Title shot next week 

Nick Kiniski vs. Kevin Kelly 

kiniski.jpg.8f62059cb17decf2495666fbc1506dd6.jpgkelly.jpg.2989948565b26937ea89b8960bba2ce7.jpg

The match starts with a handshake between the Gold Standard partners. The fans get a good clean seesaw match. During the match, TV Champ Greg Gagne and Johnny Valiant come out to scout. 

Kelly swings Kiniski to the corner but Kiniski hops up on the turnbuckles and comes back with a reverse press 1..2..Kick out. Kiniski takes control, swings Kelly to the ropes and back drops him. Kelly staggers up and Kiniski dropkicks him down. Kinisiki swings off the ropes and hits a jumping knee drop 1..2..Kick Out. Kiniski swings Kelly to the corner and charges in but Kelly runs forward and clotheslines Kiniski down. Kiniski staggers up as Kelly cradles him 1..2..3! 

Valiant whispers something in Gagne's ear. They smile and nod then walk to the back.

Kelly helps his partner up. They shake hands and hug, then Kiniski raises Kelly's hand as the fans cheer. 

Commercial Break 

Resnick: Please welcome out, the AWA World Champion, Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat.

steamboat.jpg.f258382c5b574a8f90e2e8565b4ed890.jpg

Mass ovation as Steamboat comes out wearing a sports coat. He smiles and holds up his world title.

Resnick: Ricky, your title reign has been amazing. You have held that with honor and have earned the upmost respect from the AWA and all of these great fans. I'm sorry to bring this up but I have to ask. What do you think of Carlos Colon aligning himself with Curtis Iaukea? 

Steamboat: You know Ken, even after all that's gone on with Carlos, I still thought he would snap out of it. I never ever imagined he would follow a man like Iaukea especially after all of their bad history. I'm still in a state of shock. However, right now I have to be focused on Nick Bockwinkle and Curt Hennig. I will be in Jackson to scout the match. Either man will be a threat to this title. The title I proudly hold. I'm living my dream by defending this prestigious title all over the AWA. Whoever wins the match, I look forward to facing him on New Year's. 

The show ends with Steamboat holding up his title to the cheering fans. 

Wildfire cuts right to the chase by challenging Lawler to a Loser Leaves Town match immediately! He also finds the time to spread some revisionist history.

Sad to see Porkchop go but I'm looking forward to seeing the newest Bruise Brother.

Blackwell is pissed off and on the hunt!

The real thing is back and he's got no time to waste on weak links. This is gonna be hossfest.

Mulligan is assembling a team to take down the Syndicate. You've always done a good job combining midcard feuds.

Larry Z & Perez are in trouble already as Cabin Fever are the first to step to the new Champs.

Henning vs Bockwinkel is poised to sell out Jackson by itself.

Gold Standard collide with a tv title shot on the line & it's Kelly who comes out on top. Fortunately there seem to be no hard feelings, unfortunately Gagne & Valiant seem to have come up with a plan.

The World Champion sends us off the air with a promise to be ready no matter what comes his way.

Rich is wasting no time in taking care of business here in the AWA. Challenging Lawler to a LLT match makes one hell of an opening statement!!

Hate to see my boys the Bruise Brothers splitting up. I'll take good care of Cash, and I'm excited to see who his replacement is.

Rip Morgan is back!! Don't know if this means a Billy Jack face turn, or he's leaving, but either way, Morgan getting a push is good with me!

Looking forward to Hennig vs Bock. Always a classic, no matter the universe!!

Really enjoying the run of The Dragon here in the AWA. He makes a fine champ, and is definitely a guy I can see Verne liking as his champion.

Good Stuff Man!!!

AWA @ The Jackson Coliseum 12-11-86

In the epic battle of O's, Steve O and Barry O wrestled to a draw

The British Bombers defeated Gene Ligon and Scott McGhee when Smith clipped Ligon behind the knee as Taylor put him down with a running forearm blast.

"The Wrecking Machine" Richard Charland w/Gino Brito defeated Scott "Powerhouse" Putski- Brito tripped Putski then Charland followed with a low kick and inverted piledriver for the win

"Superfly" Jimmy Snuka defeated Gama Singh by DQ when Gama threw salt in Snuka's face right in front of the Ref. Gama then hit a backbreaker on Snuka and applied the camel clutch

Crusher Blackwell defeated "Pitbull" Kerry Brown w/Roger Kirby- Kirby threw a chair into the ring and distracted the Ref while Kerry grabbed the chair. Blackwell blocked the chair shot, kicked Kerry, grabbed the chair and whacked him over the head with it to get the pin

AWA National Tag Team Title Bout

Larry Zbyszko and Al Perez (C) and Cabin Fever fought to a hard hitting to a Double C.O. On the outside, Manny hit his flying burrito on Larry. The fans got a good laugh as Perez had to help a disoriented Larry out of there. 

Winner gets an AWA World Title shot on New Year's Eve 

Nick Bockwinkle vs. Curt Hennig

AWA World Champ Ricky Steamboat is introduced, then sits at ringside to scout the match.

This match is everything you would expect from these top contenders. They give the fans an intense, aggressive and scientific marathon match. At the 45 minute mark, Hennig is in control. He swings Bock to the ropes and puts him down with an axe bomber clothesline. Hennig smiles and points over at Steamboat. Hennig hoists Bock up and goes for his Fisherman's Suplex but Bock blocks it and suplexes Hennig over. Both men are reeling and struggle to stand. Bock kicks Hennig and goes for a piledriver but Hennig backdrops Bock but Bock holds on and executes a sunset flip 1..2..Kick Out! Both men get up. Bock nails Hennig with several forearm shots, swings Hennig into the corner and charges in but Hennig moves. Bock hits hard, Hennig rolls him up with a handful of tights 1..2..3!!! 

Hennig jumps up and raises his arms in victory. Hennig hops on the middle ropes and stares down at Steamboat while motioning around his waist. Hennig eventually leaves.

Bock is sitting against the turnbuckles with a look of disappointment. Steamboat enters the ring. Bock slowly gets up. Steamboat extends his hand. Bock looks around at the cheering crowd then shakes Steamboat's hand. Bock then smiles at the crowd and waves like he's saying goodbye. 

Winner of the Match- Curt Hennig

New Year's Eve at the Mid South Coliseum

AWA World Title Bout

Ricky Steamboat (C) vs. Curt Hennig 

Where were YOU when the Battle of the O's went down?

I like the Bombers having a "Total Elimination" style finisher.

Brito gets his Wrecking Machine back on the winning track.

Gama loses the match but walks away looking like a winner. This is just getting started.

Kirby's interference backfires big time.

I see a rematch for the National Tag Titles coming.

Henning with a career making win over Bockwinkel nets himself a world title shot. If this is Bockwinkel's farewell this was a great way to go out.

I thought the TV show was great.  I thought you nailed the promo with Rich and Lance.  We might call it the AWA here in Dawn of War but you are doing awesome with throwing it some of that Memphis feel as well.  First we got Lawler and Idol and now Wildfire vs Lawler.  Must admit, I am a huge Wildfire fan so rooting for Tommy here!

I hope the Bruise Brothers are not done.  They have been great for you.  

Mulligan is one scary dude when he is mad.  Iceman might want to leave town now!

Not sure who is the real heel in the Bock vs Hennig feud but I love it.  Bock does such a great job at riding the fence that he can do it all.  This match is a classic and might give us a glimpse into who is really going to be top dog in the AWA!

Steamboat is really showing his greatness here as he is becoming the type of champion who can just get in the ring with anyone or with any style and come out looking great.  Crazy Carlos and Steamboat is going to be great again.

As for the card in Jackson, I thought it was a very realistic house show that was balanced and didn't give away to much while also having a huge main event.  The epic battle of the O's was great.  The 3 DQ's as we led up to the main event was perfect and something I forget to do a lot.  You gave the crowd some quality matches but the finishes allowed for those angles to continue.

I LOVE Hennig with the grab of the tights.  He is so perfect built that he can do anything.  Steamboat and Hennig... COIN FLIP!  

"Wildfire" has arrived and has already managed to gain the ire of everyone....challenging Lawler to a Loser Leaves Town is a bold move but if he pulls it off, he's a made man!

A new Bruise Brother....my interest is piqued for sure!

Blackjack is gonna form a posse to go after Syndicate, this should be fun to watch unfold!

Hennig beats Bockwinkel and now he will get the shot at Steamboat, even in '86/'87, Hennig vs. Steamboat is going to be a dream match and technical classic!

Things are going to continue to be exciting in the AWA as we head into 1987!

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 12-17-86

Footage from the Jackson Coliseum is shown as Curt Hennig defeats Nick Bockwinkle in a thrilling match to earn a world title shot. 

Lance Russell: Hello everyone and welcome to another edition of AWA Major League Wrestling. Big night ahead. Tommy Rich will be in the ring. Also in action will be Iceman Parsons, Gama Singh, The Union, Kerry Brown, National Tag champs Larry Zbyszko and Al Perez. The AWA world tag champs Jumbo Tsuruta and Tatsumi Fujinami will be in action as well. We'll be hearing from the Rock n Roll Express. Richard Charland goes one on one with Scott McGhee. In the main event, Greg Gagne defends the TV title against Kevin Kelly. Before we get to the ring, I want to take you to the home of the AWA National Champ Jerry "The King" Lawler. Jerry has this to say.

lawler.jpg.7202793afa6a4c006d2626dc2929d3ac.jpg

Lawler is sitting on his couch with his face heavily bandaged.

Lawler: After SuperClash, I was on top of the world. I won this here National title and was looking forward to a long reign. Well, thanks to that gutless coward Tommy Rich, plans changed. So let me get right to the point. I have yet to be medically cleared and it doesn't look like I'll be cleared by New Year's Eve. But let me say this right now. I don't care if I'm cleared or not. I accept Tommy Rich's loser leaves town challenge at the Mid South Coliseum on New Year's Eve! There is no way in hell I'm not showing up that night! Get ready Tommy because you've got a fight coming boy! 

Lance: Very heated words by the King. I understand Jerry Jarrett will be out a bit later to address this. On that note, Tommy Rich is set for action. 

Tommy "Wildfire" Rich vs. Todd Rooney 

tommy.jpg.3df03030a01d7e69bfbf8ecf64dcb877.jpg

Thundering heat for Rich tonight as he pretty much just toys with his opponent. Rich hits the Thesz Press on Rooney but lifts him. Rich hoists Rooney up and piledrives him down for the pin. 

Resnick: Tommy Rich, normally I would say welcome to the AWA but listening to these fans, I don't think you're very welcomed here. 

Rich: Hey man, what's with these people? All I want is a fair shake. 

Resnick: I think that went out the window when you attacked Jerry Lawler and put him out of action. I'm sure you heard his words. Your thoughts? 

Rich: Hey, I said I was here to dethrone the King and that's exactly what I'm going to do. In his own backyard by the way. Nothing wrong with that. 

Jerry Jarrett walks out.

Jarrett: Tommy Rich, what you did was inexcusable. I think you're a very sick and troubled man. I've spoken to Lawler's Doctors, and he will not be cleared to wrestle by the 31st. 

Rich: You see! He's chicken! You hear me Lawler? You coward! 

Jarrett: Hold on. Against my better judgement and gut feeling, I will let Lawler fight Tommy Rich on the 31st. However, it will be a non sanctioned bout. If these two want a loser leaves town stipulation, that's between them. I don't like this, but Lawler was adamant and wouldn't have it any other way. Tommy, I hope you're happy with yourself. 

Rich: Jerry Jarrett, I'm more than happy. You can say I'm fired up! 1987 will be a Lawler free AWA. I guarantee that! You all are welcome. 

Commercial Break

"Pitbull" Kerry Brown w/Roger Kirby vs. Ray Glader 

kbrown.jpg.51d831f490b1d9753075cc03fd520aa6.jpgkirby.jpg.2210d29bee440de4b336633915a8d656.jpg

Kerry just mauls his opponent. Kerry swings Glader to the ropes and hits a jumping high knee for the win. Kirby applauds as Kerry picks up Glader and hurls him over the top rope. 

Kirby cuts a promo and says The Syndicate will be the top force in the AWA! Kerry cuts a scathing promo on Jerry Blackwell and says he better have eyes in the back of his head. 

Commercial Break

Lightning Strike vs. Vic Dutro and Willie Lopez 

horner.jpg.3f3fa9f74f52d16c51d81836dff7c1ee.jpgallen.jpg.b44fa23b3fe60e2e4393e56f48362e22.jpg

Allen puts Lopez down with a missile dropkick the tags in Horner. Horner swings off the ropes and hits a jumping elbow drop for the win. 

Resnick: Another big win for the hot team of Lightning Strike. Last week you faced the team of Rip Morgan and Billy Jack. From out of nowhere, Rip hits Billy with his chain and you guys get the win. Now I know you had no idea that had happened. I just wanted your thoughts on that craziness. 

Horner: It was crazy and I'm sure Rip Morgan will regret that. It's a shame we got the win like that, but I can tell you that Lightning Strike will be racking up fair wins and we'll be on the hunt for gold in 1987. 

Allen: That's right! We're clicking and in sync! ALLLLRIGHT! 

Commercial Break 

"The Wrecking Machine" Richard Charland w/Gino Brito vs. "Iron" Scott McGhee 

charland.jpg.f9285405741e55c8e529a2262081f7e6.jpgmcghee.jpg.2aa3ac02a568ad5384dc07c2a269f301.jpg

McGhee starts off fast by taking Charland over with several arm drags and hip tosses. McGhee swings Charland into the corner. Charland hits hard and staggers back as McGhee grabs him and hits a belly to back suplex 1..2..Kick Out. Both men get up and Charland grabs McGhee and puts him down with a short arm clothesline. Charland regroups and stomps away on McGhee. Charland starts choking McGhee on the top rope then snaps his head back. Charland picks up McGhee and executes his inverted piledriver 1..2..3! 

Brito gets in the ring, pulls out a roll of tape and tapes Charland's fists. Charland jumps down and just pounds away on McGhee's head until he starts bleeding. Charland hoists McGhee up and hits another inverted piledriver! Charland pulls McGhee's head up by his hair and lays in with more taped fist punches. McGhee's a bloody mess. Officials run in to stop further punishment. Boooos as Brito raises Charland's bloody taped fist. 

Commercial Break 

AWA National Tag Team Champs Larry Zbyszko and Al Perez vs. Sam Smith and Arnie Goldstein 

1484051026_larryz.jpg.191b83bb9ed53893bacae554b010d3fc.jpgalp.jpg.385babc5f99261bd7642a5fc6931960f.jpg

Perez hits Smith with the helicopter spin drop, then tags in Larry. Larry executes the swinging neckbreaker and it's all over. 

Resnick: In Jackson, you guys fought Cabin Fever to a double c.o. I've been informed that a rematch has been signed for New Year's Eve at the Mid South Coliseum. 

Perez: Are we supposed to be scared and intimidated by those goofs? Well, we're not! 

Larry: Look, Cabin Fever are nothing but a couple of out of shape barroom brawlers. So, listen up spudheads. Last time we walked out with the titles and we plan on doing the same on New Year's Eve. You're looking at a well oiled machine. Resnick, you idiot, that's why we're holding these titles. 

Commercial Break 

Resnick: Fans, this weekend at the Rupp Arena, my guests at this time will be wrestling for the AWA world tag team titles. I'm talking about the Rock n Roll Express.

rnr.jpg.c6301e1ecc8e7b5c51cf68655e66fa6e.jpg

Massive ovation as RnR come down the aisle high fiving the guys and hugging the gals. 

Resnick: Ok, Ricky and Robert. Coming off that epic best of 7 series with the Fabulous Ones, you certainly have a ton of momentum going into your big title match with Tsuruta and Fujinami. 

Robert: You're right about that but Fujinami and Tsuruta are an entirely different ballgame. You can bet RnR are focused and well prepared. 

Morton: Tell them Robert. We've been waiting a long time for this opportunity and RnR is ready to wear the straps! WHOOO! 

Commercial Break 

Gama Singh vs. Clinton Stitch 

gama.jpg.70375d753acb4193d4ddcd336cbd3028.jpg

Gama slams Clinton down, then stomps on his back, picks him up and hits a backbreaker. Gama applies the camel clutch and gets the easy submission win.

Resnick: Gama Singh, last week in Jackson, you got DQed by blatantly throwing salt in Jimmy Snuka's eyes. And then you applied the camel clutch. After just watching you in the ring, why would you need to resort to such cheap tactics? 

Gama: I do not need any kind of cheap tactics to win a match. That is obvious. The reason I did that was because I wanted to send Jimmy Snuka a message and wanted to make sure he received it loud and clear. I want Snuka to know who he's messing with. I'm the one that wants title matches around here and if stepping over Snuka gets me that, then so be it. 

Commercial Break

The camera zooms in on the glowing pink "Beauty Shop" sign then pans down to Brenda Britton.  

Britton: Hi everybody and welcome once again to the highest rated segment in wrestling, the Beauty Shop. And boy do I have a very special guest tonight. Now, last week in Jackson, Curt Hennig defeated Nick Bockwinkle to earn a world title shot on New Year's Eve against Ricky Steamboat. So of course I had to have him on my show. Please welcome out the future AWA world champion, none other than Curt Hennig. 

hennig.jpg.0b7243c4cb3827765114186883384f4f.jpg

Curt comes out wearing a suit and gives Britton a kiss on the cheek. 

Curt: Brenda, thank you for that perfect introduction. It's about time I received a world title shot. They told me I had to beat Old Man Bockwinkle and I did. The best part was Ricky Steamboat had a front row seat. Steamboat! Just like Bockwinkle, you don't stand a chance. I'm younger, stronger, better conditioned and quite frankly just the better all around wrestler. Your time is up. The AWA needs a world champion who's full of charisma. Something you don't have. Brenda, he's got to be the most boring champion ever. Am I right? 

Britton: Why do you think I've never had him on my show?

They both laugh.

Curt: Great point. New Year's Eve will be such a fitting night to win the title because 1987 will start off with a bang. The AWA will be cool and it's all because of me!

Britton: You are so cool. I can't wait for the New Year and the crowning of a new world champion. Until next week, toooodles. 

Commercial Break 

Iceman Parsons w/Roger Kirby vs. Vic Dutro 

iceman.jpg.942aa937ffd81be88810439138b3e53b.jpg

Parsons punishes Dutro before hitting the Booty Bump. Parsons picks up Dutro and drops him with a front face suplex for the pin! 

Just as Kirby is about to enter the ring, BLACKJACK MULLIGAN nails him from behind! Mulligan hits the ring and is all over Parsons! Mulligan swings him to the ropes and puts him down with a diving back elbow smash! 

KERRY BROWN hits the ring and nails Mulligan from behind! Kerry stomps away on Mulligan. Just as Iceman is staggering up to help, JERRY BLACKWELL hits the ring and punches away on Kerry! Pretty soon all 4 men are brawling. The fans are up and cheering as the brawl continues. It goes on for a couple more minutes until a commercial hits. 

Commercial Break 

Resnick: My goodness, that was some fight. I've just been informed that on New Year's Eve, it will be Iceman Parsons going one on one with Blackjack Mulligan. I've also been informed that both Kerry Brown and Jerry Blackwell will be banned from the building. Now, before we get to New Year's Eve, tomorrow night at the Rupp Arena, the Union will face the Olympians and the losing team must disband. The Union are set for action. 

The Union vs. Willie Lopez and Peter Paulson 

ross.jpg.e39b20fbbd68df32d66d42f542be05d2.jpghuber.jpg.a8d1be29fc6f63c5b6aef9f6c591745b.jpg

Huber executes the airplane spin on Lopez, then tags in Ross. Ross waits as Lopez staggers up. Ross then nails him with the Combat kick for the win. Huber gets his sledgehammer and is ready to hit Paulson but Ross stops him. Huber has some words but eventually calms down. They head to ringside. 

Resnick: Gentlemen, a lot at stake tomorrow night. One team will be no longer. 

Huber: Look Ross, I hope you're focused. I mean you don't seem to be on my page. You better get your head right. 

Ross: Don't worry about that Spike. I know we can beat the Olympians but we don't need to do it with nonsense like a sledgehammer. Let's just show them who the better team is. Then we can focus on the titles. 

The Union walk away with Huber glaring at Ross. 

Commercial Break 

Resnick: Fans, tomorrow night at the Rupp Arena, the Rock n Roll Express get a world tag team title shot. Right now, the AWA world tag team champs are ready for action. Let's go to the ring. 

AWA World Tag Team Champs Jumbo Tsuruta and Tatsumi Fujinami vs. Carl Kellerman and Earl Reeves

jumbo.jpg.e38382b7b41404e93f709d4286cb5935.jpgtatsumi.jpg.1e1834386b7e892b94d52b8d478288cd.jpg

The champs look great tonight as they overwhelm their opponents with a variety of moves. Tatsumi hits a gut wrench suplex on Reeves, then tags in Jumbo. Jumbo finishes things off with a Dragonplex for the win. The fans give them a nice pop for that impressive showing. 

Commercial Break 

AWA TV Title Bout 

The Great Gagne (C) w/Johnny Valiant vs. Kevin Kelly 

gagne.jpg.085d8e429a64a34587adac4978766b0b.jpgkelly.jpg.2989948565b26937ea89b8960bba2ce7.jpg

Kelly is accompanied by his Gold Standard partner Nick Kinicki. Valiant and Gagne vigorously protest this, but the Ref is going to allow it. 

Gagne is at his arrogant best and asks Kelly for a test of strength. Kelly smiles and they lock hands. Kelly turns it up and immediately Gagne is on his knees begging for mercy. Still locked, Kelly picks up Gagne and tosses him across the ring. Gagne rolls to the outside as Valiant runs over and massages Gagne's fingers. Kiniski gives Kelly a thumbs up. 

Gagne rolls back in at the 9 count. Gagne gives Kelly an angry look and wants another test of strength. Kelly smiles again and puts his hands up but Gagne tries to kick him low. Kelly grabs Gagne's leg, spins him around and atomic drops him into the turnbuckles. Gagne hits hard. Kelly grabs Gagne and executes an overhead back suplex that sends Gagne flying and bouncing all over. Gagne staggers up and Kelly levels him with a clothesline. 

Valiant is making a signal to the back. 

The Vin Man comes out with the Diamond Aces. They attack Kiniski on the outside! 

In the ring, Kelly lifts up Gagne in a military press position. Kelly looks out and sees Vin Man and the Diamond Aces putting the boots to Kiniski. Kelly drops Gagne and storms out after Vin Man and the Aces. Valiant is up on the apron distracting the Ref. 

Kelly fights hard but the numbers game catches up. The Diamond Aces pick Kelly up and hit a double rib breaker, then roll him back in the ring. Gagne staggers up and hits a delayed jumping knee drop on Kelly's ribs. Valiant tells the Ref to turn around. The Ref runs over and counts 1..2..3! 

Valiant goes over and shakes Vin Man's hand, then gives him an envelope. Valiant gets the TV title, goes in the ring and hands it to Gagne. Valiant raises Gagne's arm as Gagne holds up the TV title with his other arm. Gagne smiles and yells "I did it! I knew I could!" 

What a way to end the show. 

New Year's Eve @ The Mid South Colisuem

AWA World Title Bout 

Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat (C) vs. Curt Hennig 

NON-SANCTIONED- Loser Leaves Town Match 

Jerry "The King" Lawler vs. Tommy "Wildfire" Rich 

Larry Z and Al Perez (C) vs. Cabin Fever

Grudge Match 

Blackjack Mulligan vs. Iceman Parsons w/Roger Kirby 

Great show as we head to the Mid-South Coliseum!  I love the card so far.

Rich vs Lawler... two of my all-time favorites...can't wait!

Hope by next week we have the tag belts on the RnR Express!  

Hennig vs Steamboat... Match of the Year!  Glad Brenda knows who is going to win as I sure as hell don't!

I was wondering what Verne was going to think about Greg being Press Slammed on TV but the chaos prevented it.  Maybe next week.

Iceman vs Blackjack... Can't wait to see which way you go with this.  These are two wrestlers that seem to bounce around Dawn of War a lot but have serious star power!

Jarrett let's Lawler & Rich fight it out but it's gonna be unsanctioned. Bloodshed officially guaranteed.

The Syndicate is set to rule the AWA but they've already made some powerful enemies.

Charland is going all in on his "Wrecking Machine" gimmick.

Good job with Larry's half of the promo. I could really hear the obnoxiousness.

Gama sending a message to everyone but especially to Snuka.

RnR vs Fujinami & Tsuruta is set to be a tag classic.

Brenda & Henning are a extra helping of annoying.

A bit of tension in the Union. Not a good time considering they're fighting for their future as a team tomorrow night.

Gagne retains thanks to the Vin Man & his Diamond Aces. What's it gonna take to get that title off him?

Seems like Lawler is setting himself up for failure, but you can never count out the King!

I hate Larry Z, but you are doing a great job with him. Perez is a guy I enjoy, so I am excited to see where this team goes. 

Going from the Fabs to Jumbo/Fujinami is definitely a huge switch, but Ricky and Robert are good enough to take anybody on any given night.

Hennig/Steamboat is a feud that could carry this company for years! Looking forward to seeing Chapter 1!

AWA @ The Rupp Arena 12-18-86

Phil Lafon defeated Gene Ligon by swinging off the ropes and hitting a Senton

In the epic rematch between the O's- Steve O and Barry O once again wrestled to a draw

Gold Standard and Scott "Powerhouse" Putski defeated The Diamond Aces and Vin Man- (Kelly's ribs were bandaged from yesterday's assault) During a pier six brawl, Putski rolled up Vinnie for the win. 

"Pitbull" Kerry Brown w/Roger Kirby defeated "Crusher" Jerry Blackwell- Kirby hit Blackwell behind his head with a loaded towel. As Blackwell stumbled forward, Brown put him down with a high knee to get the tainted win. 

Losing Team must disband

The Olympians vs. The Union 

After months of heated back and forth matches, these teams go all out tonight. After a while, a frustrated Huber get his sledgehammer but once again Ross stops him. They have words, then Ross grabs the sledgehammer and tosses it. Ross continues to work over Rheingans. Ross tags in Huber. Huber swings Rheingans to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Rheingans kicks him, dives over and tags in Kazmaier. Huber staggers up and Kazmaier clamps on the bearhug. Ross runs in but Rheingans clotheslines him. Kazmaier belly to belly suplexes Huber over for the 1..2..3! 

After the Olympians leave. Huber gets up and is face to face with Ross. They have a heated argument but eventually calm down. Ross turns around and Huber nails him from behind. Huber goes out and gets his sledgehammer. He gets in the ring and raises it up to the booing crowd. When he turns around Ross puts him down with the Combat Kick! The fans cheer as Ross pumps his fist to them. 

Gama Singh defeated Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka by DQ- Snuka had Gama down and wouldn't stop punching him. The Ref couldn't get Snuka to stop and had to call for the DQ.

AWA World Tag Team Title Bout 

Tatsumi Fujinami and Jumbo Tsuruta (C) vs. The Rock n Roll Express

The fans get a 45 minute classic. Both teams are on their A game tonight. Tsuruta and Fujinami shine with their multiple suplex variations. RnR's chemistry is top notch with double team maneuvers and quick in and out tags. At the 40 minute mark, RnR is in control. Morton swings Fujinami to the ropes and hits him in the mid section as Gibson follows with a kneelift but Fujinami kicks out. Jumbo runs in but RnR double back drop him. Jumbo staggers up and RnR put him down with the double dropkick! However, Jumbo isn't the legal man. The Ref finally gets control and guides Morton back to his corner. Fujinami nails Gibson with an Enzuiguri, then follows with a Dragon Backbreaker! Fujinami tags in Jumbo. Jumbo goes to the top rope and crashes down with a diving knee drop 1..(Morton runs in but Fujinami tackles him)..2..3! 

After a moment, both teams are up and staring at each other. Fujinami and Jumbo offer handshakes. RnR shake their hands. Fujinami and Jumbo then show respect with a bow. RnR return with a bow as the fans cheer. 

Winners of the match and still AWA World tag team champs- Jumbo Tsuruta and Tatsumi Fujinami 

The question of who is the superior O remains unanswered.

Putski helps Gold Standard get some payback on Vin Man and his goons.

Brown beats Blackwell courtesy of Kirby and his loaded towel.

The Olympians finally end things with the Union and now we get Ross vs Huber.

Gama & Snuka are now tied with 1 dq each.

The AWA World Tag Team Titles match is everything we expected. RnR with the show of respect at the end which the champions return. Love it!

Rich is here and already deep inside the King's head....obviously it's not wise for Lawler to face Rich with such high stakes while not physically cleared to wrestle but it's at the Mid South Coliseum so hopefully he can pull it off.

I love the supremely arrogant Curt Hennig and why shouldn't he be after defeating Bockwinkel, can't to see him challenge Steamboat.

Gagne has a death grip on that TV title! By any means necessary!

Great card set for New Year's Eve so far!

The Japanese team overcome the Rock & Roll Express this time but they'll be back I'm sure.

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 12-24-86

Lance Russell: Hello everybody and welcome to this Christmas Eve edition of AWA Major League Wrestling. AWA fans must have been good this year because tonight you're going to see Blackjack Mulligan team with Crusher Blackwell to take on Syndicate members Iceman Parsons and Kerry Brown. After what went down at the Rupp Arena, the Union are no longer a team. And after what went down after that match, Spike Huber goes one on one with his former partner Ranger Ross. Also in action will be Jimmy Snuka, the British Bombers, Cabin Fever. The debut of Phil Apollo. Apparently, the Vin Man has a surprise for us. We'll be hearing from Tommy Rich. And that's not all. AWA World Champion, Ricky Steamboat will be in action. 

Boos as Tommy Rich comes out. He looks around at the booing fans, smiles and waves. 

Lance: Tommy, just listen to this crowd. I have to say, I don't blame them one bit after what you did to Jerry Lawler. On New Year's Eve, it will be you and Lawler in a non sanctioned loser leaves town match. I'm sure you're pretty happy about fighting a man who's not even medically cleared. 

Rich: Lance, I've said from the beginning, all I wanted was a fair shake in the AWA. A clean slate. I can't help it if Lawler's a sissy boy. He's just using this as an excuse so when I kick his ass in his own backyard he can use this as a sorry excuse. (BOOOOOS) Yea, you people should boo him. Lawler is a disgrace! 

WHAM! 

Jerry Lawler nails Tommy from behind! 

Lance: Jerry! You're not even cleared. Get security out here! 

Lawler stomps away on Rich as Security runs out and pulls him back. Lawler grabs a mic.

Lawler: Tommy Rich! Medically cleared or not, I'm going to beat you to a bloody pulp! 

As Security helps Tommy up, Lawler grabs a trashcan and slams it over Tommy's head! 

Lance: Cut to a commercial! 

Commercial Break 

"Fantastic" Phil Apollo vs. Stu Jersky 

phil.jpg.b44a35b2e92f62b748811be3b913324f.jpg

Apollo arrogantly puts a beating on Jersky and finishes him off with a diving clothesline from the middle rope. 

Apollo cuts a promo and says he's here to spice things up in the AWA. 

Commercial Break 

Cabin Fever vs. Trent Watkins and Sam Smith 

manny.jpg.3f1884c6c4e32d74e23cfa99bf3cc939.jpgboone.jpg.aa44af1a20fb06040babc66d7da137c4.jpg

Cabin Fever steamrolls over their opponents. Manny hits the flying burrito then tags in Boone. Boone swings off the ropes and hits a big elbow drop for the win. 

Resnick: Cabin Fever, New Year's Eve in the Mid South Coliseum, you will get another chance at the National Tag titles held by Larry Zbyszko and Al Perez. 

Manny: Last time the so called champs barely walked away with the titles. This time they wont be that lucky! 

Boone: Larry's been shooting his big mouth off and come New Years, we're going to shut him up for good! 

Manny: The titles are coming back to us Daddy! 

Commercial Break 

Footage from the Rupp Arena is shown as the Olympians defeat The Union in a losing team must disband match. Afterwards Huber tried to hit Ross with his sledgehammer but Ross was one step ahead and nailed him with the Combat kick! 

Ranger Ross vs. Spike Huber 

ross.jpg.e39b20fbbd68df32d66d42f542be05d2.jpghuber.jpg.a8d1be29fc6f63c5b6aef9f6c591745b.jpg

The bell rings and Huber tries to attack Ross with his sledgehammer but once again Ross is ready, ducks the swing, kicks Huber, grabs the sledgehammer and tosses it to the outside. Ross gets the upper hand and pounds away on Huber, swings him to the ropes and back drops him. Huber staggers up as Ross is ready to put him down with the Combat kick but Huber quickly rolls out of the ring. Ross goes out after him but Huber kicks him low and slams his head on the apron. Huber rolls Ross back in the ring. Huber body slams Ross, then grabs the top rope and drops several knees on him. Huber picks up Ross and slams him throat first on the top rope. Huber picks up Ross and chokes him on the top rope then snaps him back. Huber swings Ross to the ropes and powerslams him over 1..2..Ross gets his shoulder up. Huber berates the Ref. Huber hoists Ross on his shoulders and goes for an airplane spin but Ross starts nailing Huber's head with several elbows to the head. Huber drops Ross.

Ross fires up and slams Huber down. Ross swings off the ropes and hits a jumping knee drop. Ross picks up Huber and executes a snap suplex. Huber starts to stagger up but Ross nails him with a kneelift. Huber is in a daze as he slowly rises. Ross waits then puts him down with the Combat Kick 1..2..3! Big POP! 

Commercial Break 

Resnick: I'm standing here with Ranger Ross. Congratulations on that tremendous win. I understand you have something to say to the fans. 

Ross: Thank you Ken. Right now I would like to apologize to the fans and to the Olympians. My behavior over the past few months has been inexcusable. Not becoming of an Airborne Ranger. It's time to knock off the short cuts and regain my focus. First step was to finish things up with Spike Huber. Mission Accomplished. Ranger Ross is back and back with Airborne pride! 

The fans cheer as Ross raises his American Flag and salutes them. 

Resnick: OK, great to have the old Ranger Ross back. Switching gears, last week at the Rupp Arena, the fans witnessed a classic AWA world tag team title bout between champs Tsuruta and Fujinami and the Rock n Roll Express. The champions retained in a 45-minute thriller. Right now we have a video sent in by the RnR Express. 

rnr.jpg.c6301e1ecc8e7b5c51cf68655e66fa6e.jpg

Morton: This is very difficult for Robert and me but it's time for us to say goodbye to the AWA. We can't tell you how much we've enjoyed our time here. Even though we came up short in our bid to become AWA world tag team champs, we can say it was an absolute honor to be in the ring with two of the best wrestlers in the world today. 

Robert: Exactly right! We had a great run here and we think we went out on a high note. So, thank you to all the fans and all their overwhelming support.

Morton: And just remember, Rock n Roll will never die!

Commercial Break 

Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka vs. Willie Lopez 

snuka.jpg.96e95419cbbdc9b69d07261afa06ad3f.jpg

Flash bulbs go off as Snuka hits the Superfly Splash for the win! 

Resnick: Jimmy Snuka, come on over. It seems things are heating up with you and one Gama Singh. Both times you guys have wrestled, the match ended in a DQ. Well, I've been informed that on New Year's Eve it will be you and Gama in a NO DQ match. 

Snuka: I wouldn't want it any other way brutha. This is right up the Superfly's ally. Gama Singh! You started something that the Superfly is gonna finish! 

Commercial Break 

"The Real Thing" Rip Morgan vs. Todd Rooney 

rip.jpg.79204e93ea07378975a297575080f041.jpg

Morgan comes to the ring swinging his chain. 

Morgan pummels poor Rooney and finishes him off with a big boot to the face! 

There's a big commotion from the crowd as BILLY JACK HAYNES runs out, grabs Morgan's chain, runs in the ring and clotheslines Morgan down with it! The fans are cheering as Billy stands over Morgan swinging the chain around. Security is on high alert tonight and hits the ring quick. 

bjh.jpg.9b6e7dcfa21b679b5ac331d3dca0c843.jpg

Commercial Break 

Highlights are shown of El Canek in action from his Mexico Tour. 

The British Bombers vs. Neil Jurgens and Ray Glader 

taylor.jpg.a981a145b2b50a2e73016e2aadfdd056.jpgsmith.jpg.6377b3c6f4cf938ac07416c1e2170002.jpg

Bombers are hard hitting tonight. The match ends when Smith clips Glader behind the knee as Taylor nails him with a forearm blast! 

Resnick: British Bombers rack up another win. I've been informed that they will be wrestling the Olympians on New Year's Eve at the Mid-South Coliseum. That should be a tremendous match up. 

Commercial Break      

The camera follows Brenda Britton into a very elegant mansion. 

Britton: Hi everybody and welcome to a very merry Christmas edition of the Beauty Shop. I know this is my best Christmas ever because I have been invited to Gerry Morrow's VIP only Christmas Party. This is such a thrill. Look! There's Gerry now! Gerry! Gerry! 

Gerry walks over dressed in a tuxedo and wearing sunglasses. He smiles and hugs Brenda. 

Morrow: Ah Brenda, it has been far too long. Welcome! Welcome! Let me introduce you to some of the world's most powerful people. 

Morrow introduces Brenda to several high rollers and VIPs. 

VIP #1: So, Gerry, does this mean you're getting back in the ring? I mean we all saw what happened the last time you were in the ring.

They all share a good laugh, but Morrow and Brenda aren't laughing. 

Britton: Hey you better watch your mouth! 

VIP#2: Oh, come on we're just having some yuletide fun. Relax. 

VIP#3: Yea, Gerry just retire. We all know you can afford it. 

Morrow: Hold on! Do you think I am done? 

VIP#1: Well, after what happened at SuperClash, maybe you should be. 

Britton: Hey! Enough! This man can do anything in the AWA that he wants! And I mean he can accomplish anything! 

Morrow: You all heard her. Anything! 

VIP#2: Really? Anything huh? Well, how about a fun little wager. You know for kicks. 

Morrow: AHHHHH, and what do you boys have in mind? 

The VIPs huddle up and converse then nod and turn back. 

VIP#3: Ok! We got it. We want you to pick two random wrestlers and make them a tag team success. They can't be an existing team. Oh no, no, no. Two strangers. You can pick them and then you have 12 months to make them a success and when we say success, we mean champions. 

Britton: You can do this Gerry. No problem. You were a champion. 

Morrow: (Takes a sip of champagne and ponders this) And what are de stakes? 

VIP#1: Oh nothing to big. Let us say...one million dollars? 

Britton: WHOA! Did you say one million dollars? 

VIP#2: He did. 

Britton: Gerry, this will be the easiest money you've ever made. Tell him you'll do it! 

Morrow: (Finishes his champagne, smiles and nods) I will accept de terms. 

Morrow and the VIPs shake hands and toast.

Britton: As always, everything happens right here on the Beauty Shop. One million dollars! WOW! Merry Christmas and toooodles! 

Commercial Break 

Resnick: I have to say, that was quite a Beauty Shop. I'm certainly interested in watching that unfold. 

Boos as the Vin Man comes out wearing a Hawaiian shirt. 

vin.jpg.b8e1273e6aadc39b3657fe9bf23f5f70.jpg

Vin: Hey Rezman, what's happening? This is a very big moment for the Vin Man. Right now I'm going to introduce to you and all the world, the newest member of my family. Making his AWA debut, ladies and gentlemen, the Rocket Ron Ritchie! 

"Rocket Man" by Elton John plays as Ritchie walks out wearing a piano keys themed vest with piano keys themed trunks. Vinnie hugs him and walks him to the ring. 

"The Rocket" Ron Ritchie w/The Vin Man vs. Carl Kellerman 

ritchie.jpg.a4f410b207526671f603e371cd3605c6.jpg

Ritchie pulls out a lot of high flying offense as Vinnie applauds every move. Ritchie slams Kellerman, goes to the top rope and crashes down with a flying legdrop for the win! 

Commercial Break 

Blackjack Mulligan and Crusher Blackwell vs. Iceman Parsons and "Pitbull" Kerry Brown w/Roger Kirby 

A lot of hate in the ring as we get a pier six brawl to start things off. Kirby tries to get involved but Mulligan sends him over the top rope with a clothesline. After a couple minutes, the Ref finally gets some order.

Blackwell punches away on Kerry, swings him to the ropes and puts him down with a shoulder block. Blackwell follows with a standing legdrop 1..2..Parsons breaks it. Mulligan runs in and hammers Parsons back to his corner. Blackwell continues to beat on Kerry then tags in Mulligan. Mulligan swings Kerry to the ropes and flips him over with a knee to the gut. Mulligan picks up Kerry and hits a gut wrench suplex 1..2..Parsons kicks Mulligan. Blackwell runs in but the Ref guides him back. Parsons rakes Mulligan's eyes and bodyslams him. Kerry and Parsons pick up Mulligan and double suplex him. Kerry tags Parsons in. 

Parsons jumps down and punches away on Mulligan. Parsons proceeds to stomp down on Mulligan. Parsons picks up Mulligan, swings him into the corner and follows with a running forearm blast. Parsons swings Mulligan to the ropes and hits the Booty Bump 1..2..Blackwell breaks it. Kerry runs in and him and Blackwell brawl like two big bulls. The Ref tries to stop them but simply can't. Kirby climbs to the top rope. Parsons picks up Mulligan and holds him. Kirby comes down with a double axehandle but Mulligan elbows Parsons and moves as Kirby hits Parsons. Mulligan picks up Kirby by the hair and hurls him over the top rope. Blackwell and Kerry brawl to the outside. 

Mulligan picks up Parsons, swings him to the ropes and hits the diving back elbow smash 1..2..3!!! 

Commercial Break 

Resnick: Blackjack Mulligan and Crusher Blackwell....

Kirby, Kerry and Parsons storm over. Kirby is still hurting and so is Parsons. 

Kirby: Mulligan! You're through! You hear me? Done! 

Parsons: Mulligan! I can tell you right now, you're not going to have a 1987 in this business! On New Year's Eve, I'm gonna give you the whoop'n of your life! You hear me you rooty poo! 

The Syndicate leave.

Resnick: Tempers are flaring, that's for sure. AWA World Champ Ricky Steamboat is up next. 

Commercial Break 

AWA World Champ Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat vs. Alan Dorfman 

steamboat.jpg.f258382c5b574a8f90e2e8565b4ed890.jpg

Solid showcase for Steamboat as he looks crisp and sharp. Steamboat hits the flying press from the top rope for the win! 

Resnick: AWA World Champ Ricky Steamboat, New Year's Eve, Mid South Coliseum, it will be you and Curt Hennig for all the marbles. Curt Hennig seems to be very confident. 

Steamboat: Every since I won this title; I have faced all comers. Curt Hennig has all the tools and credentials and will no doubt be a serious challenge. I can say....

Boos as Curt Hennig comes out.

hennig.jpg.0b7243c4cb3827765114186883384f4f.jpg

Resnick: Hold on. Curt, we don't want any more trouble tonight. This is Ricky's time. 

Hennig: Oh well pardon my interruption. I'm sorry but I just couldn't sit back and listen to this bore any longer. He's why the AWA just isn't as cool as it could be. The AWA needs a world champ like me. I've got it all and Steamboat, I'm not just a serious challenge but I'm the future world champion. 1987 will be my year. That's not a statement or resolution. It's a hard fact and a painful one for you Steamboat. 

Steamboat: You talk a great game Curt. No doubt about it, you can talk. However, I don't think you can back up all that talk. You see, during my reign, I defeated all those that talked the loudest. You're no different. It takes more than an arrogant mouth to be a world champion. 

Hennig: Oh, I'm a lot more than talk.

Hennig pushes Steamboat. Steamboat calmly sets the title on the apron. Hennig is smiling and nodding. Steamboat lunges forward and a chop sends Hennig down. Officials come out and hold Steamboat back. An embarrassed Hennig stands up, but officials keep things from escalating as the show ends. 

New Year's Eve @ The Mid-South Coliseum

AWA World Title Bout 

Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat (C) vs. Curt Hennig 

NON-SANTIONED-Loser Leaves Town Match! 

Jerry "The King" Lawler vs. Tommy "Wildfire" Rich 

Larry Z and Al Perez (C) vs. Cabin Fever 

Grudge Match! Crusher Blackwell and Kerry Brown banned from the building 

Blackjack Mulligan vs. Iceman Parsons w/Roger Kirby 

NO DQ

Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka vs. Gama Singh

The Olympians vs. The British Bombers 

Just Signed

Billy Jack Haynes vs. "The Real Thing" Rip Morgan 

The show starts of hot with Lawler getting the jump on Rich. We're in for a war on New Year's Eve.

Apollo seems like the kind of cocky pretty boy heel that fans would love to hate.

Cabin Fever are ready to tear Larry Z & Perez apart to get those Titles.

An apologetic Ross bests Huber and is ready to get back on track.

Rock n Roll with a solemn farewell.

Snuka vs Singh in a no dq match was the only way this could end. Can't wait to see it.

We're getting Morgan vs Haynes!

A million dollar wager on the Beauty Shop. Morrow had better choose carefully.

Rocket Man huh? Ok let's see how he does.

Mulligan and Blackwell get the better of the Syndicate this time but Parsons swears vengeance on New Year's Eve.

Henning is talking the talk but doesn't walk the walk...this time anyway.

What a card for the Mid-South Coluseam!

Great lead up show to the Christmas Spectacular!

Rich vs Lawler is my favorite feud in real life and it is going to be just as good here!

I like Billy Jack as a fan favorite.  He was awesome in Portland back in the 80's and now I am looking forward to seeing what you do with him in the AWA!

Nice run for the RnR Express.  They are awesome and had a monster feud with the Fab Ones.

Steamboat-Hennig.... Nothing else to say!

I hated Larry Z in real life.  I found him boring but in Dawn of War, I am really enjoying him.  I liked writing for him and now I am really enjoying reading what you are doing with him.  I find myself hoping they win the belt in the Mid South Coliseum

Haynes vs Morgan should be a crazy feud! I smell a chain match coming!

R'n'R's leaving caught me by surprise.

Rich vs Lawler is too much fun!

Morrow as the manager of champions should be a LOT of fun!

Blackjack vs Iceman is another feud with potential for violence!

Hennig vs Steamboat is so awesome! I can't wait to see who wins the first battle!!

New Year's Eve is going to be a must see card!

Wow! Just like that after that amazing Best of Seven series, the Fabs and the Rock & Roll Express are gone from the AWA!

Rich vs. Lawler has been great so far! Can't wait to see the Unsanctioned Loser Leaves Town match!! You just know it's going to be wild!

Steamboat vs. Hennig is one of those amazing matches that the game is giving to us that we didn't see IRL in this era....it's going to off the charts I'm sure!