Pro Wrestling Only

AWA Major League Wrestling

spaldoni

Okay, a lot of catching up to do but no better place to start then with JJ taking over the AWA... very interesting.  Just so you know where I am, I started back on March 4th...

No matter what you do with Morrow, I enjoy it but I will admit that he has his work cut out for him here with a promise to get the Phils to the title.  Tough loss here tonight to the Olympians.

Nice to see Crusher Blackwell getting the fans going here on this card.

Really like anything with the Dream Machine.  Not sure why as I know little about him but he seems like such a great character.... add Brown and Kirby and I am hooked.

An Armstrong vs a Fuller..... Please more.

Sawyer vs Morgan... Very interested to see where this one goes....  Same as Wildfire vs Mulligan.  Great ending to the show with Rich locked in the Claw!

On to March 6 at Jackson...

3 big title matches....

Highlight for me would be Blackwell vs Bully Busick... just seems like a fun fan-favorite bout.  Also, I really like the team of Larry Z and Al Perez.  Seems like a good fit that has something for everyone.  

Onto March 11

Great way to keep the storyline going... you ended last week with Rich locked in the claw and then Wildfire starting the next show announcing what he was going to do to Mulligan at the Dunn Center.  

The Olympians keep getting tough TV matches and they keep coming out on top... really good push and well developed.

Wow...I just said how much I like Larry Z and Perez as a team but now you got the Bruise Brothers coming after them... Who to root for.... might have to go ....hmmmm.  can't pick.  I will just have to let you keep entertaining me.

Slater on the Beauty Shop would have been classic TV.... here comes Yoshi... Feud time.... Should be interesting.

Gagne talking to Barr and Smiley about what they could do for each other...hmmmm.... wonder if he means what they can do for him.  Another interesting storyline.

I like how Iaukea announces that Colon will terrorize the AWA until they fond someone to match up against him

On to March 13... the Dunn Center

Sawyer over Morgan... will be interesting to see where this goes...

The fans get to see Mulligan crush Wildfire again but he is still the champ.... end game of this will be wild I am sure.  

ON to March 18th

ONce again the TV shows starts with an angry Tommy Rich... he better be careful... he keeps mouthing off and finding himself locked in the claw.

Really looking forward to Superclash!

Not a smart move by Putski as he calls out Colon for next week!!!

Here come the Bruise Brothers... Nice win on TV vs Cabin Fever.... Champs

Like Cooley as a heel.  We have all used him primarily as a babyface but this new twist is interesting.  Add in grumpy old Nelson Royal and we have magic on the mic!  Nice pairing.

Very interesting body shop with Morrow and the Phils... Lafon sold and Apolla fired.  So what is next for Morrow?  Who bought Lafon?

Busick with a nice with on TV vs Brad R.  Wonder who is next for Bully.

ON to March 20...

Big one by the Chosen Ones over the Olypmians.  Maybe Gagne was right.

I haven't said much, but nice job with El Canek.  He is a fun addition to the AWA lineup

Will be back soon to finish catching up on the AWA!

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back again...

Here we go with March 25 at the Hammond Center...

Love how Mulligan keeps getting over on Wildfire... this time with a chair.  Wonder if the belt will be next.

Nice to see Morrow in action and he proves why Apolla was released!

What does Gagne want with Blackwell?

Flag Match on TV.... Awesome.... USA USA!

Larry Z and Perez make a nice trip to the beauty shop... Could they win the Crockett Cup?

Wow... I knew Putski was in trouble when he challenged Colon, just never thought it would be the Dragon making the save!!  Great show.

On to March 27 at the Roane Fieldhouse...

3 huge matches.... Ticket Sellers if you will.

Dream Machine vs Slater... Bullet vs The Studd and Larry Z & Perez vs Bruise Brothers.  Maybe Larry should worry more about just holding on to his belt instead of a tourny in the NWA.  THe Bruise Brothers almost got him.

Onto April 1...

Great start to this show as we build off the ending of last with the return of the Dragon!  This is going to be awesome!

KIrchner is getting on a little run here!  

I had a feeling Gagne wanted Blackwell in his group.  Liked Crusher's answer!!

Wildfire" Rich/The Dream Machine and "The Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller w/Baby Doll vs Blackjack Mulligan/ Kerry Brown and "Bullet" Bob Armstrong-  This is the type of TV match that would have had me all excited.... love when you throw all these wild angles into a 6 Man Tag Match

On to the Dane Coliseum

Gagne comes out to get even with Blackwell and Cooley is the beneficiary! 

Sheepherders help out Morgan in the Chain Match with Buzz.... Mad Dog is going to need some help.

Like all the double fan favorite matches lately... Lightening Strike vs the Champs did not disappoint.

Wildfire and Baby Doll keep surviving Mulligan but for how long?

On to April 8th...

Like how you are having an 8 man tourny to get into the 8 man tourny at WrestleRock...

Will pick up here next time.  Really great storylines and you develop each one with such great details.  I have never really had the opportunity to read a months worth of work from you all in one day but it really shows how organized you are.  Awesome job!

The finish of April 8th...

Lafon has found a nice home and gets some help from Charland and Frenchy with the win over Allen.... this group might be mid-card but they are going to get major heat.

Very interesting... the original MNE is here.  Adds some depth to an already stacked tag division.

Even with Royal in his corner, Cooley better be careful calling out Dirty Dick

Speaking of depth in the tag division... here comes Taylor and Zenk!  Great pairing.

Brown over Dream on TV and now he gets a title shot,  Very hot angle.  Rich is very confident here and did I hear a mention of Lawler?  

On to April 15

Nice to see that Slater and Cooley will be wrestling for a shot at Superclash.  Angles that keep getting more serious are fun to follow.

Dito that for Bullet and Fuller...

Gagne and the Chosen Ones are just so hateable!

Love how big this game has made El Jefe!  Great follow-up storyline after Kirchner finished off Ustinov.

I could just hear the boos as Brenda coos over Gama Singh....

As I said before... I think Buzz needs some help!  Morgan + Sheepherders= Trouble

Lightening Strike makes the save and Lafon can't come away with Bully's Belt... Keep an eye on this chaos!!

Steamboat and Wildfire end the show with some spirited promos... both were great on the mic!

On to April 18th and the Mid South Coliseum

Like the idea of a tournament to get into a tournament

Huge names and bouts all over this card!

Slater wins the tourny... Great choice.  SO believable in 87

Rich over Brown with a lot of extra craziness.  Love it

Steamboat over Colon with the DQ win but not sure it was worth it.  Like Sawyer, Steamboat better keep some friends close.  

On to April 22...

I wonder why Grizzly Boone was never bigger in real life.  I am enjoying what you have done with him.

Jumbo's Team wins the Crockett Cup and Larry Z and Perez seem jealous... very interesting

Abbie and El Canek from Puerto Rico... Awesome footage

I knew Buzz needed help... love the pairing of Maniac Matt Borne and Rip Oliver

Nice job with the rest of the card hyping up WrestleRock!

Outback Jack is coming... interesting with the Sheepherders and Morgan in the AWA... which way does he go?

WOW WRESTLEROCK IS STACKED!!!

Great catching up on what is going on in the AWA.  Hope to be back real soon.

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 4-29-87

ring.jpg.6685bd9c84c982000a5099741f977605.jpg

Footage from the WrestleRock Press Conference is shown, which of course ends with a brawl between Tommy Rich and Dick Slater. 

Lance Russell: Hello everybody and welcome to another edition of AWA Major League Wrestling. Tremendous show lined up. Gerry Morrow and Scorpio will wrestle for a shot at the TV title. I've been told that title shot will happen at WrestleRock. Plenty more action along with a special WrestleRock report. Speaking of WrestleRock, joining me right now is the winner of the Mid South Coliseum tournament and the man who will face Tommy Rich for the AWA world title. I'm talking about Dick Slater.

slater.jpg.86f04b22fdded0d49670cbd27692fb29.jpg

Cheers as Slater holds his fist up to the fans. 

Lance: Dick, I have to say, that was quite a spectacle that went down at the press conference. In just 4 weeks, you will have a chance at the AWA world title at WrestleRock. 

Slater: Lance, I made my intentions very clear. I'm going to win the AWA world title at WrestleRock. Tommy Rich is nothing but an arrogant and smug prima donna! 

Boos as Baby Doll comes out.

Baby Doll: Lance, why are talking with this peon? When you should be talking to the greatest world champion in the history of wrestling. Tommy Rich is going to prove that once again at WrestleRich. (runs her finger down Slater's cheek) Slater, you're just not enough man to get the job done. 

Thundering boos as Tommy Rich slowly sneaks up behind Slater. Slater turns around as Rich blasts him with the world title belt! Baby Doll sits Slater up as Tommy rears back and hits him again with the title! Tommy pulls out a WrestleRich T-Shirt, smiles and holds it up, then puts it on the unconscious Slater. 

tommy.jpg.3df03030a01d7e69bfbf8ecf64dcb877.jpg

Rich: Lance! WrestleRich 87 is coming! Be there! 

Commercial Break 

"The Master of Disaster" Kerry Brown vs. Trent Watkins 

kbrown.jpg.51d831f490b1d9753075cc03fd520aa6.jpg

Brown is aggressive tonight and gets in a good showcase. He swings Watkins to the ropes and puts him down with a running high knee for the win. 

Resnick: Kerry Brown, I know you heard the announcement at the press conference. It will be you and Dream Machine in a last man standing match at WrestleRock.

Brown: Music to my ears. Dream Machine! This ends at WrestleRock and trust me, it ends with you beaten down and out for the count! 

Commercial Break 

The Chosen Ones w/Greg Gagne vs. Harold Bannister and Nolan Biggs 

barr.jpg.198a7c20bf65e7a0f793df63a71011b9.jpgsmiley.jpg.fb71c564f354ff0801451e193f78b7db.jpg

Gagne arrogantly walks around the ring in his 70s style track suit. In the ring, Barr tags in Smiley. Smiley goes to the top rope as Barr applies the Boston Crab to Biggs. Smiley comes off the top rope with an elbow drop to the back. Smiley rolls over Biggs and gets the 1..2..3! 

Resnick: Greg Gagne, you look pretty confident for a guy set to face Jerry Blackwell tomorrow night at the Louisville Gardens. 

Gagne: Come on Ken, Fatwell is no challenge for me. It's about time somebody put that big oof in his place and that someone is me. Now, let's talk about the big news. It's now official, the Chosen Ones will face the Olympians at WrestleRock. I'm really looking forward to that. Bradley Rheingans and I have some history at WrestleRock.

Resnick: You mean when him and Crusher ended up beating you to a bloody pulp? 

Barr: Watch your mouth Resnick! 

Smiley: Do not ever antagonize the Great Gagne again. 

Gagne: Yea Ken, you do that again and I'll set up a meeting with you and Grizzly. Bottom line, Olympians, WrestleRock is going to be sweet revenge courtesy of the Chosen Ones. 

Commercial Break 

Resnick: Fans, up next, making his return to the AWA, is a man with a legendary reputation. 

"The Blonde Bomber" Ray Stevens vs. Todd Rooney 

rstevens.jpg.49e2e7c909eb0b392ead177e33ff95aa.jpg

Stevens looks tough and gritty as he takes it to his opponent before finishing him off with the bombs away! The fans give him quite the ovation. 

Resnick: Ray Stevens! Welcome back to the AWA! Judging by these fans reaction, they've really missed you.

Stevens: Thank you Ken and I missed them as well. It's so good to come back to my roots. I might be getting up there but I assure you, I still have fuel in the tank. Hell, I'm even thinking about making another run at some gold. 

Ray winks at the camera and exits.

Commercial Break 

Winner gets a TV title shot at WrestleRock 

"Champagne" Gerry Morrow vs. Scorpio

morrow.jpg.712675a327c62249763b97627a642937.jpgscorpio.jpg.cd75e065accee6033e62608b60e8463c.jpg 

Morrow takes his time as he takes off his suit, fedora hat and sunglasses. The bell rings but Morrow keeps shewing Scorpio away. The fans cheer as Scorpio nails Morrow with a dropkick. Morrow staggers up as Scorpio scoop slams him. Scorpio swings Morrow to the ropes and back drops him. Morrow rises as Scorpio dropkicks him through the ropes. Morrow gets up but falls back down. Morrow tries to regroup. He staggers up just as Scorpio dives through the ropes and puts him down again! The fans are going nuts. Scorpio is feeling great as he hurls Morrow back in the ring. Scorpio goes to the top rope but his excitement gets the best of him as he caters to the fans. Scorpio goes for a flying leg drop but Morrow moves.

Morrow clears the cobwebs. He picks up Scorpio and hits a delayed vertical suplex. Morrow follows with a neckbreaker. Morrow hops on the middle ropes and executes a diving headbutt. He picks up Scorpio and hits a double arm DDT 1..2..3! 

Resnick: Well, Gerry Morrow, you've sealed the deal for a TV title match at WrestleRock. Before we get to that, I have to ask. Since your Top Dollar Phils didn't win any gold, are you out one million dollars?

Morrow: HAHAHA! Very good Ken. De answer is no. You see, I am a very smart man and I always have a contingency plan. Tonight was step one. I went to my business associates and made de bet double or nothing. If I win de TV title, I owe nothing. HAHAHA! Mr. Busick, I am sorry to say, your title reign comes to an end at WrestleRock. Do not worry, your future will be secure, because I believe you would make a great personal assistant to me. 

Commercial Break

"Mr. Magnificent" Kevin Kelly w/The Vin Man vs. Vic Dutro

kelly.jpg.2989948565b26937ea89b8960bba2ce7.jpg 

Vin Man applauds as Kelly clamps on the full nelson for the win. Kelly swings Dutro around and tosses him across the ring. The fans boo as Kelly gives them a double bicep pose.

Resnick: Vinnie, your man has a tough task at WrestleRock when he faces DJ Peterson in a taped fist match. I understand Jerry Jarrett signed this match so both of them can finally get this rivalry out of their systems. 

Vin: Rezzy, I have to laugh. My man Kev has beaten up that dope Peterson so often that its not as fun anymore. 

Resnick: Well, DJ did beat Kelly in the tournament.

Kelly: Shut up! I'm the one who was able to walk out on my own two feet, not him! Peterson! I can't wait to pound on your stupid head! Over and over again! 

Commercial Break 

Another vignette with Outback Jack 

outback.jpg.4bd362532fa54c76393220884b6973ea.jpg

Jack is in a bar drinking a beer when somebody yells out "Hey Jack, I hear you're going to WrestleRock mate" 

Jack: Indeed I am. It's time the world gets to see what Outback Jack is all about. I'm going to have a stonker with some woos name Putski. (Laughs) Sorry kid, but you're in for the barney of your life and trust me, this doesn't end well for you. Get ready AWA, the great man from down under is coming. 

The bar mates chant Jack's name while holding up their beer mugs. 

Commercial Break

Scott "Powerhouse" Putski vs. Neil Jordan 

putski.jpg.67044e38c0e3ca3225c6eefa28899ee0.jpg

Putski looks great tonight and finishes things off with the Polish Hammer! 

Resnick: Ok, Scott Putski, I'm sure you saw the video. Yes, it will be you taking on Outback Jack at WrestleRock. 

Putski: It seems to me Outback Jack is underestimating me some. Fine by me. The odds are usually stacked against me. Sometimes I win and sometimes I don't but one thing's for sure, I'll give you all I have and I'll give you a fight. Outback Jack's going to see that first hand. 

Putski exits.

Resnick: Fans. I wanted to bring out Scorpio. Scorpio, I know you've been frustrated lately but you have nothing to be ashamed of after that match with Gerry Morrow.

Scorpio: (deep breath) Appreciate that Ken, but I just can't seem to get it together lately. 

Cheers as the Glamour Boys and Lightning Strike come out.

Horner: Scorpio, you've got so much talent that I just think you don't know what to do with it. We think we can help. At WrestleRock, we're facing the British Bombers and Quebec Coalition. Each side gets to choose a 5th partner. We all agreed that we want you in that spot. We can help get you back on track and you defiantly can help us. What do you say?

The fans cheer as Scorpio smiles. 

Scorpio: I say, I'm in! Let's do this! 

Glamour Boys and Lightning Strike pat him on the back and welcome him in. 

Commercial Break 

"Mad Dog" Buzz Sawyer, "Maniac" Matt Borne and "Crippler" Rip Oliver vs. Sam Smith. JB Jones and Kurt Ryder 

sawyer.jpg.570fc1e666d2b194f831c74434bf35eb.jpgborne.jpg.89ea2e617a7e7b0555820c9794d09f6d.jpgoliver.jpg.d2e9250547ed055503dda41da84cb1e2.jpg

It's a wild one. Borne holds Jones as Oliver comes down with a double axehandle to the head. Sawyer gets tagged in and finishes things off with a powerslam! 

Resnick: Fans, tomorrow night at the Louisville Gardens there will be a triple main event. Ricky Steamboat and The Bruise Brothers will face Carlos Colon, Kokina and TNT. In another 6 man tag, Sawyer, Borne and Oliver will face Rip Morgan and the Sheepherders. And, Jerry Jarrett signed it. Jumbo Tsuruta and Tatsumi Fujinami will defend the AWA world tag titles against National tag champs Larry Zbyszko and Al Perez. What a night of action that will be. Switching gears, you're going to see footage from last week followed by comments from Blackjack Mulligan. 

Footage is shown of Wendell Cooley and Nelson Royal hitting Mulligan with a chair. Cooley then bulldogs Mulligan on the chair, twice! 

Mulligan: (Bandaged head) Cooley! Royal! You boys want to play cowboy? Let's play cowboy! Wendell Cooley! I'm challenging you to a bunkhouse match at WrestleRock boy! Let's see what kind of cowboy you really are. 

Commercial Break 

Two prelim wrestlers are in the ring set for action. Before the bell rings, ABDULLAH THE BUTCHER hits the ring and destroys both men! Abdullah drops an elbow on each man, then hurls them out of the ring. Abdullah goes outside but Resnick sprints out of there. Abdullah gets out his fork. Other prelim wrestlers run out but Abdullah thrusts each one with his fork. Officials and a swarm of security run out as the commercial hits.

Commercial Break 

Resnick: My goodness! I...I had no idea Abdullah the Butcher was even in the building. (gathers himself) Ok, joining me now is Bob Armstrong.

The fans cheer as "Bad to the bone" blasts over the speakers.

Resnick: Bob, at WrestleRock, when the match is over, you or Ron Fuller will be gone from the AWA. A lot at stake here.

Armstrong: It really couldn't end any other way. Ron Fuller! I'm sending you packing, just like I did your family. You're the last obstacle.

Boos as Ron Fuller walks out.

Fuller: Armstrong, I just can't wait for WrestleRock. I want to cave your face in right now! 

Armstrong: We can do this now if you want! 

Resnick: Look, there's a ref getting in the ring. Go right ahead.

Resnick gets out of there as Armstrong and Fuller start trading blows.

Impromptu Match

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong vs. "The Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller

armstrong.jpg.f8eb98fbbeddcdeb6ab2023cee55703e.jpg10899219_ronfullr.jpg.4ab8cfbe8ca9e68292693aeacc7b32e1.jpg 

After brawling around the ring, the Ref finally gets them inside. As Armstrong goes through the ropes, Fuller nails him with a knee lift. Fuller grabs the top rope and chokes Armstrong with his boot, then rakes it across Armstrong's face. Ron picks up Armstrong and slams him down, then follows with a knee drop 1..2..Kick Out. Fuller swings Armstrong into the corner and charges in but Armstrong lifts his boot as Fuller hits it head first. Fuller staggers back as Armstrong puts him down with a clothesline. Armstrong stomps away, picks Fuller up and slams him down. Armstrong follows with an elbow drop 1..2..Kick Out. Armstrong swings Fuller into the corner and charges in with a forearm blast. Armstrong hip tosses Fuller across the ring. Fuller rolls around then staggers up as Armstrong nails him with a knee lift. Fuller fly's up then rolls out of the ring. While the Ref is holding Armstrong back, Fuller reaches in his tights and puts on a pair of brass knuckles. Fuller slowly gets on the apron. Armstrong rushes over. Fuller takes a swing but Armstrong ducks and hoists Fuller up to back suplex him back in the rung but while Fuller's in the air, he clocks Armstrong on his head with the brass knuckles. Armstrong crashes down with Fuller on top 1..2..3! BOOOOOO! Fuller quickly rolls out if the ring and hides his brass knuckles. 

Commercial Break 

Resnick: Well fans, Ron Fuller gets one over on Bob Armstrong and the Ref tonight. Will that happen again at WrestleRock? 

Ron Fuller interrupts.

Fuller: Bob Armstrong! That's just a taste of what you're going to get at WrestleRock. When it's all over, you're going to have to live with the cold hard fact. A Fuller will always be better than an Armstrong. 

Fuller smiles and walks away

Resnick: (Shakes his head) On that note, we're going to end the show with a WrestleRock report hosted by Brenda Britton. 

WrestleRock Report with Brenda Britton

wrestlerock.jpg.8e146619f01bd5027625e3af3b05fdd5.jpg

britton.jpg.5aec91034fa6881ddb8f0e304ad2e2e2.jpg

Brenda is standing in front of a WrestleRock 87 banner

Brenda: Hi everybody and welcome to the WrestleRock report with who else but me as your host. Don't worry, I'll be back next week with a Beauty Shop. Brenda announces the matches already signed

Tommy Rich (C) w/Baby Doll vs. Dick Slater- AWA World Title Bout 

Ricky Steamboat vs. Carlos Colon- Steel Cage match

Nick Busick (C) vs. Gerry Morrow- TV Title Bout 

Bob Armstrong vs. Ron Fuller- Loser leaves AWA

Dream Machine vs. Kerry Brown- Last Man Standing

DJ Peterson vs. Kevin Kelly w/The Vin Man- Taped Fist match 

Glamour Boys/Lightning Strike/Scorpio vs. British Bombers/Quebec Coalition and ? w/Frenchy Martin

Chosen Ones w/Greg Gagne vs. The Olympians 

Outback Jack vs. Scott Putski 

Brenda: Now, if that wasn't enough, three more matches have been signed. El Canek will defend the AWA International title against Abdullah the Butcher. Wow! That's going to be crazy! And since I have all the big scoops. I talked to Wendell Cooley and Nelson Royal and they've happily accepted Blackjack Mulligan's bunkhouse match challenge. And, I'm really looking forward to this one, that second rate team of Terry Taylor and Tom Zenk are going to face the original Midnight Express. Thank you Norvell! More matches announced next week. Geez, it's no wonder WrestleRock will take place over 2 nights. Now let's throw in the Rock. On night 1, Billy Squire is going to perform and then on night 2, the Doobie Brothers are going to rock the stadium. I can't wait. I heard both Billy Squire and the Doobie Brothers are going to let me sing with them. That guarantees a sell out for sure. WrestleRock 87 takes place on Saturday May 28th and Sunday May 29th at the Liberty Bowl in Memphis. Also available on closed circuit TV in all the AWA arenas. Special ticket packages if you want to attend both nights. Until next week toooodles. 

Baby Doll & Tommy get the drop on Slater starting the night off hot.

The Master of Disaster is determined to be the Last Man Standing.

Looking forward to the Chosen Ones vs The Olympians at WrestleRock. Man i hope Blackwell crushes Gagne tomarrow.

Glad to see Stevens find a good home.

Morrow goes double or nothing on his ability to become TV champ. Nice of him to offer Busick a job when the match is over.

Kelly/Peterson in a taped fist match is exactly the kind of match the Memphis crowd would love.

Outback Jack may be in for a rough welcome from "Powerhouse" Putski.

Scorpio finds some new friends to cheer him up. Here's hoping they can make it work at WrestleRock.

A pair of big-time six man tags & a possible title unification announced for Louisville.

A Bunkhouse match for WrestleRock? Yee Haw!

Abby has arrived & i bet he's looking for Canek!

Fuller -with a pair of brass knucks- gets the edge over Armstrong as they head to their loser leaves town match.

Abby doesn't have to wait too long as Brenda announces the rematch for WrestleRock! Plus the Bunkhouse match....Plus T&Z vs the Original Midnight Express...Plus more matches to be announced for next week? Nobody packs a supershow quite like you!

AWA @ The Louisville Gardens 4-30-87

awa2.jpg.f9782ae0c524d7a10c4fdd27cab51447.jpg

"El Jefe" Jose Estrada defeated Gene Ligon with a knee drop from the top rope 

Steve Doll w/Steve Simpson defeated Phil Lafon w/Richard Charland and Frenchy Martin- Charland and Simpson started fighting on the outside. Frenchy goes to the apron but Doll dropkicks Lafon into him and rolled up Lafon for the pin.

Non Title Bout

TV Champ Nick Busick defeated "The Vin Man" Vinnie Valentino with the Spinebuster Slam! Not a lot of sympathy for Vinnie. 

"Mad Dog" Buzz Sawyer/"Maniac" Matt Borne and "Crippler" Rip Oliver defeated "The Beast" Rip Morgan and The Sheepherders- Wild and crazy match that ends with everybody fighting. During the craziness, Morgan tried to bring his chain into it but Oliver clotheslined him from behind which allowed Sawyer to get the chain and put Morgan down with it for the pin. Sheepherders kept fighting. 

Gama Singh defeated Bill Kazmaier- Kaz swung Gama into the corner and charged in but Gama moved, grabbed Kaz and executed a belly to back suplex for the win

"Crusher" Jerry Blackwell and Greg Gagne never officially started- Before the bell rang, Gagne antagonized Blackwell long enough for Grizzly Boone to attack Blackwell from behind in what was obviously a set up. Boone slams Blackwell and follows with a big splash. Gagne adds insult by clamping the sleeper on Blackwell. Major heat

Carlos Colon/Kokina and TNT w/Curtis Iaukea defeated Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat and The Bruise Brothers- These guys give the fans 20 minutes of non stop intense action. The Bruise Brothers, Kokina and TNT end up fighting all around the ring. The Ref is distracted by this. Steamboat is all over Colon and ends up hitting a flying press from the top rope. Steamboat covers but Iaukea runs in and nails Steamboat's previously injured neck with the kendo stick. Colon and Iaukea spike piledrive Steamboat! Iaukea yells at the Ref. Colon covers Steamboat as the Ref runs over and counts 1..2..3! BOOOOOO! 

AWA World Tag Team Title Bout

Jumbo Tsuruta and Tatsumi Fujinami (C) vs. National Tag Champs Larry Zbyszko and Al Perez 

Instant classic. Both teams show why they're holding gold. Jumbo and Fujinami look incredible tonight and are in total sync, showing off their suplex arsenal, submission holds and power moves. On the flip side, Larry and Perez bring their A game. They control segments with fluid teamwork. Larry works in his martial arts skills as Perez compliments this with his own set of suplexes. Both teams continue to go all out as they battle to a thrilling 60 minute draw. 

El Jefe opens the night with a win.

Frenchy ends up costing his own man.

The Vin Man returns to in-ring action & gets broken in half by Busick's Spinebuster! Love it!

Mad Dog uses Morgan's own chain to claim victory in a wild six man.

Kazmaier proves a bit too aggressive for his own good against Gama.

Gagne & Boone leave Blackwell laying.

Colon pins Steamboat with some help from Iaukea.

Both sets of tag champs impress while going broadway. Could a rematch be in the cards?

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 5-6-87

Footage from last week is shown as Tommy Rich sneaks up from behind and knocks Slater out with his world title belt. and then hits him again with it! 

Lance Russell: Hello everyone and welcome to another edition of AWA Major League Wrestling. Well, we're on the fast track to WrestleRock and we'll be talking a lot about that tonight. Huge main event as the Sheepherders will clash with Rip Oliver and Matt Borne. I understand we're all going to witness Tommy Rich kicking off his promotional tour. I guess we'll see what that's all about at the end of tonight's program. So much going on that we're going to go straight to the ring. 

Terry Taylor and Tom Zenk vs. Vic Dutro and Willie Lopez

terry.jpg.ce70889ab72e95eb5c0072aa94ae01a8.jpgzenk.jpg.271cb3c06fa5b064cc0c81a91ec57709.jpg

The show's off to a hot start as Taylor and Zenk show off their tag team skills. Zenk nails Lopez with a superkick and Taylor follows with a flying five arm for the win! 

Resnick: Terry Taylor, Tom Zenk, congratulations on that fine win. We all heard the news last week, at WrestleRock, you two will be facing Norvell Austin's Original Midnight Express. Apparently, Brenda Britton set this up with Norvell, after you guys were on her show a few weeks ago. 

Zenk: Hey, we brought some flare to the Beauty Shop, I guess she wasn't ready for it. All joking aside, you can bet we're 100% focused on the Midnight Express.

Taylor: That's right! We don't care how this match got signed, we're going to WrestleRock to show the Midnight's and the world that we're going to do big things in the AWA. 

Commercial Break

Gama Singh vs. Clyde Purdue 

gama.jpg.70375d753acb4193d4ddcd336cbd3028.jpg

Gama seems irritated during the match and quickly ends things with a cobra clutch. 

Resnick: Gama Singh, I would like to officially announce that at WrestleRock, you have been signed to go one on one with Ray Stevens. That must be quite an honor to be wrestling a legend on the grandest stage.

Gama: An honor? How is that an honor? I am a legitimate title contender who has been doing nothing but winning matches. And what do I get? A match with an old washed up has been at WrestleRock. What a joke! This is a slap of disrespect! Ray Stevens, I will take this all out on you! 

Commercial Break 

"Dynamite" DJ Peterson vs. Trent Knight 

dj.jpg.d21b85baa6a0067301952f842af11acd.jpg

It's all Peterson as he wins the match with a flying shoulder block from the top rope! 

Resnick: DJ, after just watching that, it looks like your back is 100%. It's you and Kevin Kelly at WrestleRock in a taped fist match. I'm sure you have some thoughts.

DJ: For 2 years Kelly and I have fought at the biggest events in wrestling. Things have gotten very personal and recently he tried to seriously injure my back. Didn't get the job done! At WrestleRock, this comes to an end! Kelly! I'm going to punch your face until it's black and blue. I'm going to punch your ribs until their broken. And Vin Man, I'm begging you to interfere because I would love to cave in your face as well! 

Commercial Break

Footage from a few weeks ago is shown of Jose Estrada burning Corporal Kirchner's eye with a lit cigar. That's followed by a picture of Kirchner lying in a hospital bed giving a thumbs up with his eye heavily bandaged. That's followed by Estrada's shoulder shrug reaction to Ken Resnick. Estrada then blows smoke in Resnick's face. We then go to a video of Kirchner leaving the hospital with an eye patch.

Kirchner: I know I can only see out of one eye but that aint gonna stop me. At WrestleRock, it's going to be me and you Estrada! In other words, it's payback time! 

Resnick: Ok, we all just heard it. Nobody can say Corporal Kirchner doesn't have guts. I understand he had to sign a waiver for the match and he didn't hesitate. Estrada is a ruthless individual but I wouldn't want to be in his shoes at WrestleRock. Speaking of WrestleRock, my guests right now are Greg Gagne and Grizzly Boone.

Boone stares Resnick down.

Gagne: Ok Resnick, what was so important that you just had to bring us out here? Do you want to talk about how my Chosen Ones are going to give those doofus Olympians a wrestling lesson at WrestleRock? 

Resnick: Not exactly. I wanted you to be the first to hear the next match signed for WrestleRock. It's going to be Grizzly Boone taking on Jerry Blackwell! 

Gagne: (Laughs) Well, that is great news. Boone will finally get his chance to crush Fatwell for good. 

Boone: You're history Blackwell! When my Cabin Fever partner Manny Fernandez just up and left me, I was puzzled, pissed off and wasn't sure what I was going to do. Then along comes Greg Gagne. Greg was there, Greg cared. And Greg has paid me a lot of money to put you out of commission Blackwell. So again, you're history! 

Resnick: There's just one more thing. 

Gagne: Make it quick Ken because I assure you, we have better things to do right now.

Resnick: Ok, if Jerry Blackwell defeats Grizzly Boone at WrestleRock, he will get 5 minutes with you Greg.

The fans cheer as Gagne's face turns pale. Gagne starts to stutter but Boone calms him down and assures him this is a non issue. Resnick smirks as Boone leads Gagne away. 

Commercial Break 

Dream Machine vs. Todd Rooney 

machine.png.e180c5330c37db45d22411e07c479f58.png

Dream is all over his opponent and then hurls him out of the ring. Dream slams Rooney on the concrete and follows with a vertical suplex on the concrete. Dream rolls back in the ring and demands the Ref count Rooney out. Rooney doesn't even move as the Ref hits 10. Dream goes to ringside and snatches the mic from Resnick.

Dream: That was dedicated to you Kerry Brown! Me and You and WrestleRock! Last man standing! After the beating I give you, you can bet I'll be the last man standing babay! 

Dream throws the mic at Resnick. 

Commercial Break 

The National Tag Team champions Larry Zbyszko and Al Perez are standing with Ken Resnick.

Resnick: Gentlemen, I understand you wanted a public word with Jerry Jarrett. And here he comes. Welcome Jerry.

Jarrett: Thank you Ken. First off I want to congratulate the National Champs on their performance at the Louisville Gardens. You guys fought the AWA world champs to a 60 minute draw, in what was a tag team classic. Now, what can I do for you? 

Larry: I'll get right to the point. Al and I want a rematch for the world titles and we want it at WrestleRock. 

Perez: You know we're entitled to one.

Jarrett: No doubt about it but the AWA committee and myself have made a decision that the National titles should be defended at WrestleRock. Therefore...

Larry cuts him off.

Larry: Hold on one second. We'll make this easy. Al and myself know we can win the world titles from those Japanese Spudheads. That's a given. So, we've decided that we'll put our National titles up as well.

Perez: See, wasn't that easy. Geez Larry, maybe you should run the AWA.

Jarrett: Well, that does seem logical and I'm sure the fans would want to see a rematch. Ok, consider it done. Titles vs. Titles at WrestleRock. 

Larry and Al shake hands, hold up their National titles and arrogantly walk away. 

Commercial Break

TV Champ Nick Busick vs. Ray Glader 

busick.jpg.de786178dd6ea45803150bf04ad2153c.jpg

Busick hits the Spinebuster Slam and it's over! 

Resnick: Nick Busick, you've had an incredible TV title reign, taking on all comers. At WrestleRock, you'll be defending against Gerry Morrow. Morrow seems very confident and has a lot of money at stake.

Busick: Yea, I've heard all about it. Big mistake Morrow. You should've just paid the million dollars because at WrestleRock, you're going to be down 2 million brother! 

Boos as Gerry Morrow comes out with a bottle of champagne.

morrow.jpg.712675a327c62249763b97627a642937.jpg

Resnick: Just hold on, please I don't want any trouble.

Morrow: HAHAHA! Relax Ken. (Looks at Busick) Look, there is no need for animosity. We are just competitors who will be wrestling for de TV title. I have brought champagne to have a civilized toast to our upcoming match. I like you and as I have said, when I win de TV title at WrestleRock, you will have a job with me. Your choice, butler or chauffer?

Busick steps forward but Morrow breaks the champagne bottle over his head!!! Busick is laid out.

Resnick: What the hell! Why did you do that?!?! 

Morrow: To increase my chances of course. HAHAHA! Good day Ken. 

Commercial Break 

The camera zooms in on the glowing pink "Beauty Shop" sign, then pans down to Brenda.

Britton: Hi everybody and welcome to the number one rated segment in wrestling, the Beauty Shop. (Looks at Yatsu) Yoshi, I love your attire today. Those dragons on your robe are scary. Now, big news, this will be the last Beauty Shop for a few weeks because I'll be hosting the WrestleRock updates starting next week. I just have to make sure I keep my voice strong because as you know I'll be singing with Billy Squire on night one and then with the Doobie Brothers on Night 2. I told them I wanted to sing Black Water and they better let me. Now, tonight's guest is somebody who's been looking up at the lights a lot lately. Welcome out Scorpio.

Scorpio comes out smiling and raises his fist to the fans. 

Britton: For a guy on a losing streak, you seem to be in high spirits.

Scorpio: Brenda, I sure am. Thanks to the Glamour Boys and Lightning Strike choosing me as their partner at WrestleRock, I feel rejuvenated. And since this is the show for news, I wanted to announce I'm going back to my name of 2 Cold Scorpio. Man I feel great! 

Britton: Well la dee da! Oh and for the record, I decide what big news is on my show and your name isn't it. I'll tell you what is though. I know who the British Bombers and Quebec Coalition have chosen as their 5th partner. 

WHAM! Yatsu nails Scorpio with a karate kick to the back of his head! 

The British Bombers and Quebec Coalition run out. All 5 men put the boots to Scorpio! 

Massive cheers as Lighting Strike and The Glamour Boys run out with fists flying! 

Brenda screams and runs away as a pier six brawl breaks out on the Beauty Shop set! 

Commercial Break 

Footage from Louisville is shown as Iaukea hits Steamboat on his previously injured neck with his kendo stick. Iaukea and Colon spike piledrive Steamboat! 

Carlos Colon w/Curtis Iaukea vs. Neil Jordan

colon2.jpg.a198ea6019feefabf0594e6232ab4a4d.jpg 

Colon is ruthless and wins the match with a camel clutch! 

Resnick: Fans, I wanted to update you on the condition of Ricky Steamboat. He's had X-Rays done and thankfully there was no permanent damage done to his neck. I understand he will be here next week.

Iaukea and Colon storm over.

Iaukea: Ricky Steamboat, you have once again defied all odds. That wont last long because at WrestleRock, you will be facing a man with no emotion. A man who wants nothing more than to destroy you. That man is Carlos Colon and you must face your demise inside the steel cage!

Colon: Steamboat! I have punished and punished you but that is nothing. At WrestleRock, when we get into the cage, that is when your real pain begins! I will make you suffer and suffer and suffer! 

Colon and Iaukea storm out as Resnick pulls himself together.

Resnick: I also wanted to add that at WrestleRock, Iaukea's team of TNT and Kokina will be facing the Bruise Brothers. We'll be back. 

Commercial Break

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley w/Nelson Royal vs. Arnie Goldstein

cooley2.jpg.9e8010d71eee8cb752203f4880ab66ae.jpg

Nelson is holding a branding iron outside the ring. Cooley easily wins the match with a running bulldog. Nelson hands Cooley the branding iron and Cooley proceeds to brand his fallen opponent.

Resnick: There was absolutely no need for that. That poor man is now being treated by our medical staff. 

Nelson: That's a message to you Blackjack Mulligan! You want to fight a real cowboy in a bunkhouse match? Well, that's what your dealing with. 

Cooley: Mulligan! You fake! At WrestleRock I'm going to beat you and then I'm going to brand you! 

Commercial Break 

"Maniac" Matt Borne and "Crippler" Rip Oliver w/ "Mad Dog" Buzz Sawyer vs. The Sheepherders w/"The Beast" Rip Morgan 

All out brawl! Things get crazy when Morgan runs in with a chain! Things get crazier when Sawyer runs in with a chain of his own! The bell keeps ringing but these guys just tear into each other. They're fighting all over the place. Sawyer and Morgan are hitting each other with their chains! It's pure chaos as a commercial hits. 

Commercial Break

Resnick: My goodness, things have finally calmed down. Fans, before we go to Tommy Rich, Jerry Jarrett wants to make an announcement.

Jarrett: Ken, I promised that WrestleRock was going to be the place to settle things. Well, after what just happen and what's been going on between those 6 men. I've decided that at WrestleRock it will be Sawyer, Borne and Oliver taking on Morgan and the Sheepherders in a triple chain match! 

Resnick: Oh my! I can't believe that! I believe that should defiantly settle things once and for all. (takes a deep breath) Ok, let's go to Tommy Rich. As for me, I'll see you next week.

Tommy Rich and Baby Doll are standing in front of a car dealership. There's a big WrestleRich banner behind them. A Cadillac drives up with a WrestleRich logo on the driver's side door. On the hood is a painted picture of Tommy smiling with his world title. The car salesman gets out.

Salesman: She's all yours champ! 

Rich looks at the car in awe.

Rich: Baby Doll, isn't it beautiful? 

Baby Doll: I'm speechless.

Tommy looks at the camera.

Rich: (Points at the side door's logo) Today is a very special day. It's the official kick off to my WrestleRich promotional tour. That's right! Baby Doll and myself are going to drive around all the cities hyping up... me. My event! My world title showcase! I mean come on, after what I did to Predictable Dick Slater last week, I doubt he'll even show. But I will promise to give all my paying fans a spectacle they'll never forget! It's WrestleRich 87 and it's coming soon! Be There! 

WHAM! Tommy is nailed with a baseball bat from behind by Dick Slater! Baby Doll backs off. Slater puts the boots to Tommy. Slater picks up Tommy and slams his head on the hood! Slater drags Tommy by his hair and slams him head first into the car door. Slater takes his baseball bat and breaks all the windows. Slater pulls out a can of spray paint and writes "Slater" over Tommy's logo. Slater pops the hood and rips it off! Slater yanks down the big WrestleRich banner. A satisfied Slater leaves as Baby Doll runs over and attends to Tommy. 

T&Z are ready for the OGMDE at WrestleRock.

Gama is looking to make Stevens suffer for the AWA's lack of respect.

DJ is ready to bring the pain to Kelly in their taped fist match.

Kirchner does have guts. But is it enough to beat El Jefe?

The battle of the big men is on for WrestleRock! Plus if Blackwell wins he gets Gagne for 5 mins! I've never been routing for Blackwell harder.

Dream Machine send Brown a strong message.

Larry Z & Perez definitely deserved that rematch....& its titles vs titles? This somehow got better!

Morrow gets the first blow in on Busick.

Yatsu pearl harbors Scorpio -sorry couldn't resist- leading to a gang brawl on the Beauty Shop!

It could be a huge night for Iaukea's pack of killers as they've got a shot to take out the Bruise Brothersin a tag match AND Steamboat in a cage.

Cooley threatens to brand Mulligan! This is getting vicious quickly.

To the shock of exactly no one, The Sheepherders vs the Maniacal Cripplers (tm) end in a clusterfuck. Perfect set-up for the announcement of a triple chain match at WrestleRock!

Rich getting himself a custom made Cadillac is such a classic heel move....just as Slater smashing it is a classic badass face move. Great ending scene.

AWA WrestleRock 87

Saturday May 28th and Sunday May 29th 

From the Liberty Bowl in Memphis TN and available on closed circuit 

Saturday's card 

Steel Cage Match

Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat vs. Carlos Colon w/Curtis Iaukea 

AWA Tag Team Titles vs. Titles Bout 

World Champs Jumbo Tsuruta and Tatsumi Fujinami vs. National Champs Larry Zbyszko and Al Perez 

AWA International Title Bout

El Canek (C) vs. Abdullah the Butcher 

Last Man Standing Match

Dream Machine vs. "The Master of Disaster" Kerry Brown 

"Crusher" Jerry Blackwell vs. Grizzly Boone- If Blackwell wins, he gets 5 minutes with Greg Gagne

Bunkhouse Match

Blackjack Mulligan vs. "Wildcat" Wendell Cooley w/Nelson Royal

The Bruise Brothers vs. Kokina and TNT w/Curtis Iaukea 

10-Man Tag Team Match

Lightning Strike/Glamour Boys/2 Cold Scorpio vs. British Bombers/Quebec Coalition/Yoshiaki Yatsu w/Frenchy Martin

Scott "Powerhouse" Putski vs. Outback Jack 

and

A Special Concert by Billy Squire! 

Sunday's Card

AWA World Title Bout 

Tommy "Wildfire" Rich (C) w/Baby Doll vs. "Unpredictable" Dick Slater 

AWA TV Title Bout 

Nick Busick (C) vs. "Champagne" Gerry Morrow

6-Man Triple Chain Match

"Mad Dog" Buzz Sawyer/"Maniac" Matt Borne/"Crippler" Rip Oliver vs. The Sheepherders/"The Beast" Rip Morgan 

Loser Leaves the AWA

Terry Taylor and Tom Zenk vs. The Original Midnight Express w/Norvel Austin 

Taped Fist Match

"Dynamite" DJ Peterson vs. "Mr. Magnificent" Kevin Kelly w/The Vin Man

The Olympians vs. The Chosen Ones w/Greg Gagne

Corporal Kirchner vs. "El Jefe" Jose Estrada 

"The Blonde Bomber" Ray Stevens vs. Gama Singh 

and 

A special concert by The Doobie Brothers! 

The AWA is gonna have the Liberty Bowl rocking at WrestleRock!

I like how balanced the whole thing is, both nights have plenty of grudge matches/title matches to make folks want to see both. 

Steamboat/Colon in a cage was a great choice to main event night 1 & of course Rich/Slater is gonna tear the house down on night 2.

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 5-13-87

Footage from last week is shown of Dick Slater destroying Tommy Rich's Cadillac with a baseball bat! 

Lance Russell: Hello everyone and welcome to another edition of AWA Major League Wrestling. The WrestleRock card has been finalized and will defiantly be rock'n and rolling in just 2 weeks. Brenda Britton will have a WrestleRock update later on. Gigantic 8-Man tag team main event tonight. On one side will be Bob Armstrong, Kerry Brown, DJ Peterson and Blackjack Mulligan. On the other side will be Ron Fuller, Dream Machine, Kevin Kelly and Wendell Cooley. My goodness, what a match that will be. Well fans, we all saw what Dick Slater did to Tommy Rich's brand new Cadillac last week. Joining me now, is the unpredictable one himself, Dick Slater.

Cheers as Slater comes out. 

slater.jpg.86f04b22fdded0d49670cbd27692fb29.jpg

Lance: This past month you and Tommy have really been going at it. Well, at WrestleRock, you get your chance at the AWA world title. 

Slater: Lance, you, me and the fans have heard Tommy Rich running his fat mouth non stop. He's attacked me from behind and has humiliated me. Dick Slater doesn't just sit back and let that happen. Last week I got to beat up Rich and his car. Rich! That was nothing! At WrestleRock, I'm going to give you another beating and I'm going to take the AWA world title! 

There's a commotion as 2 Policeman come out.

Cop #1: Dick Slater, you're under arrest for destruction of personal property and vandalism. Please turn around and we can do this peacefully. 

Slater: Don't worry Lance, I'm not going to cause any problems. 

Slater turns around and lets the policeman handcuff him. The cops start to take him away.

Thundering boos as Tommy Rich and Baby Doll come out. 

tommy.jpg.3df03030a01d7e69bfbf8ecf64dcb877.jpg

The cops stop and hold Slater.

Tommy starts laughing and then kicks Slater low! Baby Doll hands each "Cop" an envelope. They smile and leave.

Slater is on his knees in pain and still cuffed. Tommy slaps him across the face. Tommy picks up Slater and rams him face first into the steel post! Tommy picks up Slater and slams him on the concrete. Tommy just starts stomping down on Slater. Several officials run out to stop this. 

Lance: I can't believe what I just saw. I never thought Tommy could sink even lower, but tonight, he did. 

Tommy Rich runs over, kisses the AWA world title and holds it up to the booing fans.

Rich: I'm fired up today! Did you see that Lance? Did you see it? I'm a genius! Looks like I'm the unpredictable one. (Laughs) Did that dope Slater think he would get one over on Wildfire? Hell no!  WrestleRich 87 is coming Lance and you better be there! 

Commercial Break

"The Blonde Bomber" Ray Stevens vs. Kent Jenkins 

rstevens.jpg.49e2e7c909eb0b392ead177e33ff95aa.jpg

Stevens suplexes Jenkins, then goes to the top rope and crashes down with the Bomb's Away for the win. 

Resnick: Ray Stevens, once again, it's great to have to back in the AWA. At WrestleRock, your set to take on Gama Singh. Gama made some disparaging remarks about you last week.

Stevens: Yea, yea, I heard him. He called me a washed up has been. Let me tell you something Gama. I might be old and past my prime, but buddy, I'm not washed up and you're going to find that out first hand at WrestleRock! 

Commercial

Special video with Billy Squire and the Doobie Brothers promoting WrestleRock.

squire.jpg.b6eaf7d9c07e0d5bb8395ed204d9ea9f.jpgdoobies.jpg.296b3dd7b58dd6caafb19fc3c4bb8b6f.jpg

The Original Midnight Express w/Norvell Austin vs. Vic Dutro and Willie Lopez

midnites.jpg.c8ee58e1244698a8e5e3d07b1cd8e14d.jpg

Midnight's are in sync tonight and finish things off with a double flapjack! 

Resnick: Ok Norvell, your Midnight Express go up against Terry Taylor and Tom Zenk at WrestleRock. I'm looking forward to that match, should be a classic.

Norvell: Of course it will be a classic you idiot. Anytime the Midnight Express are in a match, it's a classic. Those two pretty boys are just a stepping stone to the world tag titles. Resnick, this is only the beginning. 

Commercial Break 

"Crusher" Jerry Blackwell vs. Neil Jordan 

blackwell.jpg.b38866d2536b43a560d8890a4449474f.jpg

Blackwell hits the big splash for the 1..2..3! 

Wait a minute! Greg Gagne, Grizzly Boone and the Chosen Ones walk out and circle the ring. Blackwell looks around as he's surrounded. Boone slowly enters the ring as Gagne and the Chosen Ones hop on the apron. Massive cheers as the Olympians run out and yank the Chosen Ones off the apron. They pound away on the Chosen Ones. Blackwell charges Boone and the 2 massive heavyweights trade big blows. Blackwell gets the upper hand but Gagne hits Blackwell from behind. Blackwell turns around with a look of rage. Gagne sprints out of there as Boone exits the ring. Olympians hit the ring and stand with Blackwell. Blackwell yells to Gagne and Boone "You're mine at WrestleRock!" 

Commercial Break 

"El Jefe" Jose Estrada vs. Todd Rooney 

estrada.jpg.1f631377c801ec6afc94ba51979c8cf5.jpg

Estrada breaks all the rules, snapmares Rooney over, applies a nerve hold and gets the submission win. 

Resnick: Corporal Kirchner might only have one good eye right now but after hearing him last week, I still wouldn't want to be in your shoes Jose.

Estrada lights his cigar and blows smoke in Resnick's face.

Estrada: You refer to me as El Jefe, got it cabron? At WrestleRock, (Looks at his cigar and smiles) I think I'm going to burn Kirchner's good eye. 

Resnick: Just why would you do something as evil as that?

Estrada: (shrugs his shoulders) Because I can! 

Commercial Break

We go to another Outback Jack vignette

outback.jpg.4bd362532fa54c76393220884b6973ea.jpg

Jack is standing in a room with stuffed animals mounted on his wall. 

Jack: Hello mates, the time is at hand. Outback Jack is coming to the AWA to show you yanks what fighting is all about. Scott Putski is first on the list. (Looks around at his mounted animals) I do think he would look good, up here on my wall. Putski, the hunt is on and mate, you're the prey! 

Scott "Powerhouse" Putski vs. Arnie Goldstein

putski.jpg.67044e38c0e3ca3225c6eefa28899ee0.jpg

Putski is full of energy tonight and gets the win with his Polish Hammer! 

Resnick: Scott Putski, you get Outback Jack at WrestleRock. After seeing his last video, I must say I was a bit disturbed.

Putski: The man is out of his mind and I'm going to knock him out of his boots with my Polish Hammer! 

Commercial Break 

2 prelim wrestlers are in the ring set for action but plans change for the worse as Abdullah the Butcher storms the ring and viciously attacks them! Abdullah pulls out his fork and starts carving away on the wrestlers! 

Wild cheers as El Canek hits the ring and unloads on Abdullah! Canek punches the fork out of Abdullah's hand. Abdullah fights back as both men trade punches. Prelim wrestlers hit the ring to break it up. Canek and Abdullah are tossing bodies everywhere! Canek and Abdullah end up fighting outside the ring! More wrestlers come out but Canek and Abdullah toss them aside and continue fighting each other into the commercial break. 

canek.jpg.b144562d8ceffccc2c1b875970131df6.jpgabdulla.jpg.cc962830068a4cd9e1339c4b05b7d1f8.jpg

Commercial Break 

Resnick: My goodness! I've never seen El Canek in that kind of state. It seems Abdullah the Butcher has brought out the dark side of El Canek. Those two will meet at WrestleRock for the AWA International title. Speaking of AWA titles, at WrestleRock, it will be a titles vs. titles match between the National tag champs Larry Zbyszko and Al Perez and the world tag champs, who are set for action. 

AWA World Tag Team Champs Tatsumi Fujinami and Jumbo Tsuruta vs. Roy Glader and Peter Paulson 

tatsumi.jpg.1e1834386b7e892b94d52b8d478288cd.jpgjumbo.jpg.e38382b7b41404e93f709d4286cb5935.jpg

Jumbo swings Glader to the ropes and puts him down with a devastating lariat, then tags in Fujinami. Fujinami hits the Dragon Plex and it's all over. 

The fans boo as Larry Zbyszko and Al Perez stroll out and hold up their National titles to Jumbo and Fujinami. Boos turn to cheers as Jumbo and Fujinami hold up their world titles.

Commercial Break 

Footage from last week as Gery Morrow breaks a champagne bottle over Nick Busick's head!

"Champagne" Gerry Morrow vs. Clinton Stitch 

morrow.jpg.712675a327c62249763b97627a642937.jpg

Morrow slowly takes off his suit, sunglasses and fedora hat, then goes to work. Morrow crashes down with a diving headbutt from the top rope, then follows with a double arm DDT for the win. 

Morrow grabs a package and heads to ringside.

Resnick: Alright Gerry, what's in that package? 

Morrow: HAHAHA! Inside dis package is de most expensive bottle of champagne on de face of dis planet. However, it is for de special occasion at WrestleRock when I win de TV title and my bet. 

Resnick: You might be biting off more than you can chew. Yea, you blind sighted Busick with a bottle last week but it's going to be a lot different when your face to face. He could walk out TV title intact and you could walk out owing 2 million dollars.

Morrow: Resnick, what's with you? Why are you such a downer? Just for that, you're not invited to my post WrestleRock gala. Good day loser. 

Commercial Break 

Kokina and TNT w/Curtis Iaukea and Carlos Colon vs. Carl Kellerman and Royce Rutter 

kokina.jpg.f9f06b888f30e4c1a37fbeaab73456ba.jpgtnt.jpg.ec22f0acd9d3ea514ac84d75e11cb190.jpg

TNT swings Rutter to the ropes and hits a spinning leg kick, then tags in Kokina. Kokina takes a few steps and hits a leg drop for the pin. Kellerman runs in to check on his partner. Colon clotheslines Kellerman down, picks him up and hits a gourdbuster. 

Resnick: Curtis Iaukea, you have a busy night at WrestleRock. Kokina and TNT will face the Bruise Brothers. And of course, Saturday's main event will be Carlos Colon and Ricky Steamboat inside the steel cage.

Iaukea: WrestleRock will be a glorious night indeed. My Sadistic Assassins, Kokina and TNT will take pleasure in destroying the Bruise Brothers! The Bruise Brothers will rue the day, they stuck their noses in our business. And as for you Ricky Steamboat. You are falling apart! You are disabled and crippled! That is because of this man Carlos Colon.

Colon: Time and time again, I have slowly weakened you Steamboat. Piece by piece I have dismantled you. After WrestleRock, you will be no more! 

Commercial Break 

Blackjack Mulligan/"Master of Disaster" Kerry Brown/"Dynamite" DJ Peterson and "Bullet" Bob Armstrong

VS.

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley/Dream Machine/"Mr. Magnificent" Kevin Kelly and "The Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller w/Nelson Royal and The Vin Man 

Believe it or not, the first few minutes is a standard tag match with everybody getting in their moments. It doesn't take much for tempers to explode and then all hell breaks loose! Vin Man gets on the apron as Peterson punches away on Kelly. Peterson backs up and hits a charging clothesline, knocking Vinnie off the apron and sending Kelly over the top rope. Armstrong and Fuller fight on the outside. Cooley holds Blackjack as Nelson hops on the apron and swings his branding iron at Blackjack but Blackjack moves as Nelson nails Cooley with the branding iron. The fans go crazy as Blackjack clamps the claw on Nelson! Dream Machine swings Kerry to the corner and charges in but Kerry runs forward and nails Dream with a flying knee 1..2..3! Big POP! 

On the outside, Fuller grabs a wooden chair and shatters it over Armstrong's head! Armstrong is laid out and bleeding. Mulligan throws Nelson down. Him, Peterson and Kerry run out to check on Armstrong. 

Commercial Break 

WrestleRock Update w/Brenda Britton

Britton: Hi everybody and welcome to the WrestleRock update with of course, me. WrestleRock is shaping up to be the biggest event in AWA history. I'm talking about 2 nights of non stop action along with 2 special concerts with Billy Squire and the Doobie Brothers performing with yours truly. That alone guarantees a sell out. WrestleRock will have it all. Title Bouts, grudge matches, you name it. 18 matches total! Unbelievable! One match that is truly not for the weak hearted will be the triple chain match with Buzz Sawyer, Matt Borne and Rip Oliver taking on Rip Morgan and the Sheepherders. Let's hear from both teams right now. 

The camera looks at a lake. Morgan and the Sheepherders burst up from the water with chains around their necks. 

Morgan: Home is where the heart is and we're right at home! Sawyer! I'm hooked up with you and I can't wait to beat you to a bloody pulp! 

The Sheepherders start biting each other and yelling Borne and Oliver's names while splashing the water with their chains.

Luke: A walk in the park, right Butch.

Butch: We're going to beat the bloody hell out of you two sissy boys! 

Segment ends with Morgan and the Sheepherders yelling and hitting the water with their chains. 

Borne and Oliver are outside swinging chains against a tree.

Oliver: Matt! I'm so glad you called because WrestleRock is going to be a party! 

Borne: Those guys think they're beasts huh? (Smacks the tree with his chain) Think again! 

The camera swings around and Sawyer is actually hanging from the tree by his chain. He's wearing a black hood and yanks it off.

Sawyer: Morgan! You started all this! At WrestleRock I'm going to end it! (maniacal laugh) 

Britton: (long pause) Oh my, that was, well I don't know. (Regroups) Ok, it's all come down to this. Inside the steel cage, Carlos Colon and Ricky Steamboat will do battle. Let's hear from Ricky Steamboat.

steamboat.jpg.f258382c5b574a8f90e2e8565b4ed890.jpg

Steamboat is at the gym working his neck. He stops.

Steamboat: Say what you want Carlos, but you have failed miserably. You may have set me back some but I'm still standing and that's all I need. Inside that cage, you have nowhere to run and nowhere to hide. Iaukea and his goons will be useless. You and me, one on one! I have survived but the question is, will you? 

Steamboat goes back to his work out. 

Britton: It all happens on Saturday May 28th and Sunday May 29th at the Liberty Bowl. Also available on closed circuit TV. WrestleRock 87! Tooooodles! 

(See previous post for complete WrestleRock card)

Oh damn! Rich pulls the fake cop trick & lays a beating on Slater! The main event of WrestleRichRock just keeps heating up.

Stevens is lookin' to sjow Gama he may not be as good as he once was but he's as good once as he ever was.

Austin is certainly confident in his running buddies.

Blackwell wins his match &gets a little help from some friends to ward off Gagne's goons.

"Because i can" when you're El Jefe, that's all the reason you need.

Outback Jack actually coming off as kinda serious here. Though Putski is less than intimidated.

El Canek is gonna need that dark side if he's going to survive the Butcher.

The two sets of tag champs have a tense staredown ahead of their title unification match.

Morrow & Resnick have such a great back-and-forth.

Iaukea's killers are out for blood at WrestleRock.

The faces win the main event but Fuller gets the last word on the Bullet.

Brenda's reaction to the promos for the 6 man chain match was perfect.

The Dragon sends us off the air with a firm warning for Colon regarding what's coming for him in the cage.

Really enjoying the lead up to WrestleRock!

Rich and Slater is an interesting matchup.  Both are so good are building up feuds that you can actually feel the tension!  First Rich with the attack on Slater with the belt and then Slater with the bat to the car.... these two are going to have a great send off!

Gerry Morrow is really beating on himself here.  He better come through or start looking for a new gimmick.  Bully as his personal assistant?  Either way, we got a great next storyline.

Title vs Title for the tag belts... Interesting!! Can't wait to see your plans.

Fuller vs Armstrong.... LLT.... Looking forward to it.  Hope you northern wrestling fans know how big this is!

Reinforce the ring... Blackwell vs Grizzly  

Also some big matches in the careers of Putski, Outback Jack, EL Jefe, El Canek, The Dragon, Carlos Colon, Taylor, Zenk and the ORiginal MNE.... depending on how these matches go, the landscape of the AWA might cahnge.

Great Work to get to the Big Show

AWA WrestleRock Preview Show 

Saturday May 28th and Sunday May 29th

From the Liberty Bowl, Memphis TN and available on closed circuit TV 

Special concert performances by Billy Squire and The Doobie Brothers 

AWA World Title Bout

In January, Tommy Rich shocked the world by defeating Ricky Steamboat for the world title. Since then, he's mastered the art of controversy by managing to retain his title. In April, Dick Slater earned this title shot by winning the annual Mid South Coliseum tournament. The road to WrestleRock got off to a chaotic start when Rich and Slater had an all out brawl at the press conference. A week later, Baby Doll distracted Slater while Rich snuck up and blasted Slater with the title. Rich knocked Slater out with a second shot. Rich even slipped a WrestleRich T-Shirt on an unconscious Slater. The following week, Slater got serious payback when he banged, broke, shattered, and busted up Rich's new Cadillac with a baseball bat. Rich followed this up by hiring fake cops to arrest Slater on TV. With Slater hand cuffed, Rich kicked him low and slammed him head first into the steel post. Will Slater get the last laugh at WrestleRock or will Rich once again escape with the title? One thing's for sure, this will be one of the most intense AWA world title matches ever. 

STEEL CAGE MATCH

Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat vs. Carlos Colon w/Curtis Iaukea 

This heated feud started last Fall when Colon did the unthinkable and turned on Steamboat. Steamboat was out for a few weeks due to Colon injuring his neck. Things got even more bizarre when Colon's old enemy Curtis Iaukea offered his services. Steamboat and Colon met in November at SuperClash. Steamboat managed to retain the world title. Colon resurfaced in January when him and Iaukea attacked Steamboat and costed him the world title against Tommy Rich. Colon gave Steamboat a piledriver on the concrete, seriously re injuring Steamboat's neck. Steamboat finally made his triumphant return by couldn't get a clean win because Iaukea brought in Kokina and TNT to interfere. On April 30th in Louisville, Colon and Iaukea hit a spike piledriver on Steamboat, allowing Colon to get the win in a 6 man tag and also once again reinjuring Steamboat's neck. Doctor's said there was no permanent damage, so Steamboat has been training non stop in the gym while Colon continues on with his rage and threats. At WrestleRock, these two finally settle it inside the cage! 

AWA Titles vs. Titles Bout

World Champs Jumbo Tsuruta and Tatsumi Fujinami vs. National Champs Larry Zbyszko and Al Perez 

Both teams won their titles at Superclash and have had very impressive reigns. They coexisted by focusing on their own title defenses. That all changed when Jumbo and Fujinami won the NWA's Crockett Cup tournament. Larry and Perez were obviously very jealous and wanted to prove they were the better team. The teams wrestled to a classic 60 minute draw. Larry and Perez wanted a rematch at WrestleRock. Jarrett told them they were obligated to defend their National titles at the event. Larry and Perez said "NO Problem" so they offered to put up their titles against the world titles. At WrestleRock, one team walks out with both sets of titles. 

Canek went to Puerto Rico and defended his title against Abby. Abby brought out the fork and basically carved into Canek's head. Blood soaked through Canek's mask. While Canek was healing, Abby came to AWA TV and just showed up to destroy prelim wrestlers. Canek returned last week and these two fought all over the place while mowing over everybody trying to break them up. Canek will have his hands full with Abdullah come WrestleRock. 

AWA TV Title Bout 

Busick has had a firm grip on the TV title, soundly defeating all challengers. Morrow's road to this match has been an interesting one. On Christmas, he made a million dollar bet with some business associates that he could turn two strangers into tag team champs. That didn't work out. Morrow got back into the ring and was feeling so good that he decided to make the bet double or nothing that he would win the TV title at WrestleRock. During an interview, Morrow shattered a bottle of champagne over Busick's head, outright admitting this would increase his odds of winning. Will Morrow come out an all around winner? Or, will Busick walk out with the title, with Morrow owing 2 million dollars. 

6-Man Chain Match! 

"Mad Dog" Buzz Sawyer/"Maniac" Matt Borne and "Crippler" Rip Oliver vs. "The Beast" Rip Morgan and The Sheepherders

This all started between Morgan and Sawyer. The two were set to meet in a chain match. However, the Sheepherders arrived and attacked Sawyer while he was chained to Morgan. They gave Sawyer quite a beating, putting him out for a few weeks. Sawyer returned but he brought along Borne and Oliver. Both sides have been wrecking havoc. Finally Jerry Jarett had enough and wanted this settled the only way he knew how. At WrestleRock, these 6 men will be chained together and can unleash everything they have. 

Loser Leaves the AWA

What can you say except Armstrong vs. Fuller! Back at Big Brawl, Bullet helped send Ron Fuller and Jimmy Golden packing. Of course this didn't sit well with big brother Ron. Ron came to the AWA and immediately called out Bullet. They traded wins back and forth. Fuller hasn't been shy about using things such as a loaded towel to win his matches. On the last TV show, Fuller cracked a chair over Bullet. At WrestleRock, two men enter but only one will remain in the AWA. 

"Crusher" Jerry Blackwell vs. Grizzly Boone

If Blackwell wins, he gets 5 minutes with Greg Gagne

Every since Team Gagne lost at Big Brawl (Giving Jerry Jarrett sole control over the AWA), Greg has been doing everything he can to redeem himself and his father. He put together a faction and wanted Blackwell to join. Greg was humiliated when Blackwell declined. Blackwell was set to wrestle Gagne but out came Boone to attack Blackwell. Boone claimed Gagne was there for him when Boone's Cabin Fever partner Manny Fernandez left for the NWA. Boone and Gagne have been nothing but trouble for Blackwell. At WrestleRock, Blackwell has vowed to destroy both Boone and Gagne! 

Last Man Standing Match

Dream Machine vs. "The Master of Disaster" Kerry Brown 

These two were once Syndicate Stablemates, that is until Big Brawl. Dream accidently hit Brown which costed the Syndicate the match. Of course, Dream blamed Brown for the defeat and that was the spark. These guys have been feuding since. Dream even interfered in Brown's world title match with Tommy Rich. Once again, Jarrett wants things settled. At WrestleRock, it's simple, last man standing wins. 

The Original Midnight Express w/Norvell Austin vs. Terry Taylor and Tom Zenk

Norvell and his Midnight Express have quickly made their presence known. Taylor and Zenk have done the same. On the Beauty Shop, Brenda didn't appreciate Taylor and Zenk antics. The Midnight's and Norvell were guests the following week. Brenda asked Norvell if his team could teach Taylor and Zenk a lesson. Norvell was happy to do so. The match was signed for WrestleRock. One thing's for sure, this should be a classic. 

Bunkhouse Match

Nelson claimed Mulligan was nothing but a fake Urban Cowboy and that Wendell Cooley is the real deal. Cooley and Mulligan went at it during a TV match. Nelson interfered by hitting Mulligan with a chair. Cooley followed by bulldogging Mulligan on the chair. Since then, Nelson has been bringing a branding iron to the ring and Cooley brands his defeated opponents. Mulligan sent in a promo and challenged Cooley to a bunkhouse match to prove who the real cowboy is. Cooley promises to brand Mulligan at WrestleRock but Mulligan might turn the tables on both Cooley and Nelson. 

The Olympians vs. The Chosen Ones

Greg Gagne had personally hand picked Norman Smiley and Jesse Barr for Team Gagne at Big Brawl. Even though Team Jarrett prevailed, Smiley and Barr referred to themselves as the Chosen Ones. Greg liked this so much, he decided to be their mentor and guide. There's actually some history with this match. Last year at WrestleRock, Brad Rheingans and The Crusher defeated Duke Myers and Greg Gagne in an elimination match. After Myers was eliminated, Rheingans and Crusher gave Gagne a serious beating. Gagne promises his Chosen Ones will avenge him. Rheingans and Bill Kazmaier say no way! 

Taped Fist Match 

These two always seem to circle back to each other. They wrestled at the grand stage of Wrestlemania, then feuded in the USWA and here we are again. Things got more heated after Peterson defeated Kelly in the first round of the Mid South Coliseum tournament. Kelly did a post match attack and injured DJ's shoulder. Kelly and Vinnie have been nothing but obnoxious. DJ's back at 100%. With their fists taped, this should be a true heavyweight fight. 

The Bruise Brothers vs. Kokina and TNT w/ Curtis Iaukea 

Curtis brought in his Sadistic Assassins to help eliminate Ricky Steamboat. However, he didn't count on the Bruise Brothers to back up Steamboat. Curtis says this was a grave mistake and his Assassins will wipe them out. The Bruise Brothers say they're not only going to destroy Kokina and TNT but they're going to make sure Curtis Iaukea doesn't make it to Colon's match with Steamboat. 

Kirchner wrestled a TV match against Ricardo Santana. Kirchner had enough of Santana's cheating tactics and gave him a fall away slam on the concrete. 2 weeks later, Estrada (Santana's old Cartel partner) showed up and attacked Kirchner. Estrada took a lit cigar and burned Kirchner's eye. Kirchner spent weeks in the hospital with a bandaged up eye. Even with one eye, Kirchner challenged Estrada to a match at WrestleRock. Estrada hasn't seem worried and even blows smoke in Ken Resnick's face, when asked about it. 

To the delight of AWA fans, Ray Stevens has come home. One person who wasn't delighted was Gama Singh, when he found out he was signed to face Stevens at WrestleRock. Gama claims he deserves better than a washed up old timer. Stevens is taking it in stride and says to believe him when he says he still has a lot of fuel in the tank. 

10-Man Tag Team Match

Lightning Strike/The Glamour Boys and 2 Cold Scorpio vs. The British Bombers/The Quebec Coalition and Yoshiaki Yatsu w/Frenchy Martin 

Lightning Strike have been feuding with The Quebec Coalition. British Bombers and The Glamour Boys have been going at it every since the Bombers attacked the Boys on TV. Jarrett put all 4 teams in this match with each team getting to choose a partner. Scorpio has been on a bit of a losing streak and was on the verge of a breakdown. Lightning Strike and Glamour Boys came out during Scorpio's promo and said they want his help and can get him back on the winning track. Brenda Britton had Scorpio on the Beauty Shop and introduced him to the opposing partner. Brenda's bodyguard, Yoshiaki Yatsu kicked Scorpio from behind. This led to all 10 men fighting and destroying the Beauty Shop set. This match should be an exciting one.

Outback Jack vs. Scott "Powerhouse" Putski 

Jack will make his in ring debut at WrestleRock but the AWA has seen quite a lot of him through a series of vignettes. Jack says he's going to show all the Yanks how to fight. Says the hunt is on and Putski is the prey. Putski has been keeping his skills sharp and says Jack's going down under courtesy of the Polish Hammer. 

It all happens next week when the AWA presents 2 action packed nights of WrestleRock! 

And who knows, maybe Brenda Britton will sing the WrestleRock Rap with Billy Squire and The Doobie Brothers. 

It's been said before but it's truly remarkable how you always manage to give just about your whole roster something to do on these big shows. And nobody is having a match just to have a match, there's at least a bit of story behind each one going in.

It's gonna be a violent two nights with each stipulation so carefully built towards.

Thanks for all the hard work with this preview show for Wrestlerock.  It really helped me as I have been a bit out of the loop lately.  With all those big matches, I still might be most interest in Bully vs Gerry Morrow and the money on the line along with Blackwell and Boone.  I wonder if Gagne has a Plan B?  This is going to be huge!

AWA  

WrestleRock 87

From The Liberty Bowl in Memphis TN 

liberty.jpg.d8d095fd8a46e294b7e3f256e8a6a7fd.jpg

Saturday May 28th (Night 1) 

The camera scans through the parking lot, going by several tailgate parties. It stops and pans on a group of people chanting "Wrestle-Rock, Wrestle-Rock"! We go inside the stadium as Lance Russell is standing at ringside. Both Lance and the camera look around the stadium at the sea of fans. 

Lance: Hello everybody and welcome to the first night of WrestleRock 87. Tremendous action ahead with 9 all-star bouts, including our big main event inside the steel cage as Ricky Steamboat and Carlos Colon look to end their feud once and for all. And don't forget, capping off tonight's great card will be none other than Billy Squire with a special concert performance. Well fans, I know you've been waiting a long time for tonight, so let's get WrestleRock started! 

Scott "Powerhouse" Putski vs. Outback Jack 

Scott Putski waits in the ring as 'Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport' plays over the speakers. Outback Jack walks down the ramp, jawing with the fans. During the introductions, Jack stands there with his hands on his hips, sizing up Putski. The bell rings. Jack rubs his chin, nods and offers a handshake to Putski. Putski hesitates but eventually extends his hand. Jack shakes Putski's hand, then yanks him forward and drops him with a forearm club. The fans boo as Jack smiles and stomps away on Putski. Jack picks up Putski and rams his head on the top turnbuckle. Jack hoists Putski up and throat drops him on the top rope. Jack chokes Putski on the bottom rope, then stomps down on him. Jack picks up Putski and slams him down, then hops up on the middle ropes and crashes down with a knee drop. Jack stands Putski up, then swings off the ropes and nails the back of Putski's head with a boomerang clothesline 1..2..Putski gets his foot on the rope. Jack berates the Ref, then starts berating the fans. Jack grabs Putski by his hair, swings him to the ropes but misses a clothesline, Putski swings back and nails Jack with the Polish Hammer 1..2..3!!!!! Huge Pop! Putski can't believe it as the Ref raises his arm. Putski shakes the cobwebs and celebrates with the fans while Jack lays on the ground wondering what hit him. 

Winner of the Match- Scott Putski  

10-Man Tag Team Bout

Lightning Strike/The Glamour Boys and 2 Cold Scorpio vs. The British Bombers/The Quebec Coalition and Yoshiaki Yatsu w/Frenchy Martin

The bell rings and all 10 men go at it! The fans are cheering while the fists are flying. Glamour Boys stereo dropkick Charland and Lefon out of the ring. Frenchy runs over to calm them. The Bombers punch Lightning Strike to the ropes, then go for stereo clotheslines but Horner and Allen back drop them over the top rope. On the other side, Scorpio clotheslines Yatsu over the top rope. The babyfaces pump their fists as the heels try and regroup on the outside.

Things finally settle down and the Ref gets things in order. The next few minutes, Lightning Strike, Glamour Boys and Scorpio use their speed and high octane offense. Arm drags, leap frogs, sunset flips, dropkicks, flying presses, stereo back drops. Bombers, Coalition and Yatsu are thrown way off balance and can't get it together. The tide finally turns when Frenchy trips Allen and he stumbles into a clothesline by Charland.

It's the heels turn. Bombers dominate with forearm uppercuts and bashes. Coalition combined Charland's brute force with Lafon's smooth athleticism. Yatsu brings his martial arts to the table. Babyfaces manage a few hot tags but the heels quickly regain their momentum. After a few minutes, Smith holds Simpson as Taylor goes for a double axehandle from the top rope but Simpson moves as Taylor blasts his partner. Simpson makes the diving tag to Doll. Doll cleans house!

The babyfaces are in complete control. Double back elbow smashes, double dropkicks, double back drops. It's all them! After a few minutes, Tim Horner and Richard Charland are the legal men. Horner rolls up Charland but Taylor runs in and clotheslines Horner. This brings in everybody and we've got another pier six brawl! 

During the brawl, Scorpio goes to the top rope and totally electrifies the crowd with a 450 Splash from the top rope on Smith! As if that wasn't enough, the Glamour Boys hit their Grand, Slam, Thank You Maam on Lefon! The Ref is trying to get control. Horner picks up Taylor for a body slam but Yatsu nails the back of Horner's head with a karate kick. Horner stumbles as Charland grabs him and hits an inverted piledriver. The Ref sees the legal men and during all the chaos counts 1..2..3! Glamour Boys and Jerry Allen clear the ring and tend to Horner. Scorpio realizes what just happened. With a disappointed look, he simply leaves the ring.

Winners of the Match- British Bombers, Quebec Coalition and Yoshiaki Yatsu 

Bunkhouse Match

Cooley and Nelson stand in the ring jawing with the fans. Cooley is wearing a black cowboy hat, jeans, cowboy boots and a white T-Shirt. Nelson is waving his branding iron. The crowd is up and cheering as Mulligan walks down the ramp, wearing his cowboy hat, jeans, boots and red long sleeve shirt. He's also swinging a rope with a cowbell. 

As soon as Mulligan hits the ring, the Ref signals for the bell. Mulligan clocks Nelson with the cowbell! Nelson falls through the ropes as his branding iron falls down with him. Cooley tries to attack Mulligan but Mulligan turns around and wallops Cooley with the cowbell. Cooley's cowboy hat goes flying and he's already busted open. Mulligan wraps his rope around Cooley's neck and chokes away. He actually pulls Cooley (rope still around his neck) around the ring while Cooley's legs and arms flail. Mulligan drops an elbow 1..2..Cooley gets his foot on the rope. Mulligan drops his rope, grabs Cooley and punches away. A big right punch sends Cooley over the top rope. Cooley is laying next to Nelson. Mulligan goes to the outside, picks up Cooley and slams him on Nelson. Mulligan stomps away on both Cooley and Nelson as the fans roar. Mulligan hurls Cooley back in the ring. Cooley's bleeding bad. Mulligan swings Cooley into the corner and charges in but Cooley moves as Mulligan hits shoulder first into the turnbuckles. 

Cooley regroups and slowly rises. Mulligan is sitting against the turnbuckles. Cooley staggers over and angrily stomps away. Cooley pulls off Mulligan's boot and hits him several times, busting him open. Cooley picks up Mulligan and rakes his forehead along the top rope, chokes him and snaps him back. Cooley goes to the middle ropes and crashes down with an elbow drop 1..2..Kick Out. Cooley's pissed, grabs the top rope and drops several knees on Mulligan. Cooley picks up Mulligan, clamps on a headlock and goes for a running bulldog but Mulligan uses all his strength and pushes Cooley into the turnbuckles. 

Both men are bleeding and battered. Cooley staggers out of the corner as Mulligan scoop slams him down. On the outside, Nelson slowly rises and grabs his branding iron. Mulligan grabs the top rope and slowly stomps down on Cooley, then speeds it up as Cooley's body bounces up and down off the canvas. The fans cheer as Mulligan signals for the claw. Mulligan puts his knee on Cooley's chest and clamps on the claw! Mulligan wrenches away, Cooley's almost motionless. WHAM! Nelson hits Mulligan's head with the branding iron! Mulligan falls over. 

Nelson is shaking Cooley, trying to revive him. Cooley grabs the ropes and slowly helps himself up. Nelson hands Cooley the branding iron. Cooley goes to the middle ropes and crashes down, hitting Mulligan with the branding iron, Cooley drops down on Mulligan 1..2..3! BOOOOOOOS! Nelson runs in the ring and raises Cooley's arm. Cooley's head is a bloody mess and his white shirt is soaked in red. 

Winner of the Match- Wendell Cooley 

The Bruise Brothers vs. Kokina and TNT w/Curtis Iaukea

It's a menacing sight as Iaukea leads the savage looking Kokina and the painted faced TNT down the ramp. The atmosphere changes as 'We are family' blasts over the speakers and the Bruise Brothers head down the ramp, raising their fists.

Bruise Brothers hit the ring and mow Iaukea down with a double running shoulder block. When they turn around Kokina and TNT put them down with stereo savate kicks. Kokina hurls Cameron out of the ring. Kokina hits Snowman with a jumping headbutt as TNT quickly follows with a flying spin kick 1..2..Kick Out. TNT and Kokina swing Snowman to the ropes and put him down with double chops. The Ref gets control. Kokina picks up Snowman, swings him to the ropes and clotheslines him down. Kokina swings Snowman into the corner. TNT chokes Snowman as Kokina lays in with punches, eye rakes and kicks. Cheers as Cameron runs in and punches TNT off the apron, then unloads on Kokina. The Ref guides Cameron back to his corner. Kokina swings Snowman to the ropes but misses a clothesline, Snowman swings back and clotheslines Kokina down. Snowman tags in Cameron as Kokina tags in TNT.

Camaron shoulder blocks TNT down. TNT staggers up as Cameron swings off the ropes and puts him down with a flying shoulder tackle. Cameron picks up TNT, presses him over his head and military slams him down. Cameron follows with a jumping elbow drop 1..2..Kokina breaks it with a kick to the head. Snowman runs in but the Ref guides him back. This allows Kokina to hoist Cameron up and hit a Samoan Drop. Kokina drags TNT to his corner and tags himself in. Kokina swings off the ropes and goes for a leg drop but Cameron moves, rolls over and tags in Snowman. Snowman swings off the ropes and crashes down with a fist drop 1..2..TNT breaks it. TNT swings Snowman to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Snowman stops, grabs TNT and sends him up and over with an overhead suplex. Iaukea hops on the apron with his kendo stick. Cameron runs in the ring. The Bruise Brothers swing Kokina into Iaukea, Iaukea goes flying. TNT is doing something with his throat. The Bruise Brothers swing Kokina into TNT just as TNT spins around and sprays mist into Kokina's eyes! Cameron clotheslines TNT down as Snowman covers Kokina 1..2..3! Huge POP! Bruise Brothers pump their fists. They look around at TNT, Kokina and Iaukea. Satisfied, they exit the ring.

Iaukea slowly gets in the ring. TNT rises. They have a heated exchange, then both look down at Kokina. TNT is pointing and yelling down at Kokina. Iaukea is agreeing with him. Medics run in to flush Kokina's eyes. After conversing more, TNT and Iaukea hurl the medics out of the ring. Iaukea hands his kendo stick to TNT. The fans boo as iaukea gives Kokina a few stomps. TNT grips the kendo stick and is ready to unleash. There's a huge roar from the crowd. They go wild as JIMMY SNUKA hits the ring! Snuka double clotheslines TNT and Iaukea! Snuka picks up the kendo stick and clotheslines TNT over the top rope. Iaukea staggers up as Snuka unloads on him with the kendo stick! Snuka slams Iaukea. The crowd goes bonkers when Snuka climbs to the top rope, flashes the "I love you' sign and crashes down on Iaukea with the Superfly Splash! Snuka signals for more help as they properly attend to Kokina. 

Winners of the Match- The Bruise Brothers 

Abdullah looks like a madman he is as he heads down the ramp. Abdullah gets in the ring and chases everyone off. The fans cheer as Canek sprints down the ramp. Abdullah heads out to meet him and they have a furious exchange on the ramp. The Ref says the heck with it and signals for the bell. Canek and Abby punch away on each other. Canek is using closed fists while Abby throws in his thrusts. It's back and forth. The Ref somehow gets them back to the ring. Canek hurls Abby into the ring. As Canek enters, Abby nails him with a thrust to the throat.

Abby stomps down on Canek, picks him up, swings him to the ropes and puts him down with a double thrust shot. Abby drops a big elbow drop 1..2..Canek gets his shoulder up. Abby chokes away on Canek. The Ref backs Abby off. While the Ref checks on Canek, Abby pulls his fork out. Abby clamps on a headlock and carves Canek's head with his fork. Abby hides his fork. Canek is bleeding through his mask. Abby swings Canek into the corner and follows with a running clothesline. Abby chokes Canek, punches, kicks and thrusts him. Abby pulls Canek out and body slams him. Abby takes a few steps back, then runs up and goes for another elbow drop but Canek moves.

The fans fire Canek up. Abby rolls under the ropes and to the outside. Abby's staggering around. Canek swings off the ropes and nails Abby with a suicide dive! The fans are on their feet cheering. Canek gets up and twirls his finger. He picks up Abby and slams him on the concrete! Canek rolls in the ring to stop the Ref's count. Canek goes on the apron and hits a diving elbow drop on Abby. Canek backs up, runs forward and hits a jumping knee drop! Canek rolls in the ring as the Ref hits the 10 count. It's clear Canek got what he wanted.

Winner of the Match by C.O. and still AWA International Champ- El Canek 

Intermission

Lance: My goodness fans, what a show thus far. A lot of blood spilled, high flying tag team action, intense brawls, El Canek retains his AWA International title and the return of Jimmy Snuka! I can't wait to get his thoughts as well as Curtis Iaukea's. I've been told that Iaukea has suffered some damage to the ribs and it looks like he will not be accompanying Carlos Colon in tonight's main event. That long awaited cage match happens later tonight. Fan's I do believe we're ready for the second half of tonight's WrestleRock. Let's get back to the ring. 

"Crusher" Jerry Blackwell vs. Grizzly Boone w/Greg Gagne

If Blackwell wins, he gets 5 minutes with Greg Gagne 

The fans pelt Gagne and Boone with garbage during their long walk down the ramp. Gagne (wearing his 70s style track suit) has a look of disgust while Boone gives the fans the finger. Huge ovation as Blackwell walks down the ramp, staring daggers at Boone and Gagne. The bell rings but Gagne taunts Blackwell. Gagne walks up to Blackwell with a smug look and just slaps his face. Blackwell grabs Gagne and rips his track suit jacket off. Boone nails Blackwell from behind with a clubbing forearm blast. A shaken Gagne grabs his shirt and chokes Blackwell with it, until the Ref threatens a DQ. Gagne finally exits the ring.

Boone grabs Blackwell's face and starts ripping his mouth open. Boone rakes the eyes and elbows the top of Blackwell's head. Boone picks up Blackwell and swings him to the corner. Boone charges in but Blackwell puts a knee up and Boone runs right into it. Gagne yells at Blackwell but Blackwell is focused on Boone. Blackwell unloads on Boone with a series of punches. Blackwell swings Boone to the ropes but both men collide with shoulder blocks. Both men stagger back but neither man goes down. Both men swing off the ropes and once again collide with shoulder blocks with the same result. For the third time, both men swing off the ropes but this time, Gagne reaches in and trips Blackwell, Blackwell staggers into a shoulder block from Boone. Blackwell goes down! 

Boone lays Blackwell on the middle ropes, swings off the opposite ropes and crashes down on Blackwell with a body guillotine! As Boone gets up, Gagne runs over and slaps Blackwell across the face. Boone chokes Blackwell on the ropes, swings back and hits another body guillotine! Gagne is jumping up and down celebrating. Boone picks up Blackwell and swings him into the corner. Boone lets out a roar and charges in with an avalanche but Blackwell moves at the last second! 

Both men are reeling. Blackwell rolls over and slowly gets to his feet as the fans cheer him on. Boone is standing face first against the turnbuckles. Blackwell grabs him and swings him to the opposite corner. Blackwell charges and hits the avalanche! The fans are going wild. Gagne is having a breakdown. Blackwell swings Boone to the opposite corner, charges in and hits another avalanche! Boone slowly staggers out and falls to the canvas. Blackwell swings off the ropes and hits a big splash 1..2..3!!! Huge pop! 

Gagne's in shock. He tries to sprint out of there but several members of AWA security stop him and escort him to the ring. Gagne's kicking and screaming. Security gets him to ringside. Blackwell reaches down, grabs Gagne by his hair and lifts him into the ring. The fans are loving every minute. Blackwell savors the moment, then winds up and puts Gagne down with a big punch. Blackwell picks Gagne up by his hair, holds him and slaps him across the face. Gagne looks like he's crying. Blackwell holds Gagne and slaps him across the other cheek. Now Gagne has tears. Blackwell hoists Gagne up on his shoulder and hits a running powerslam. Blackwell holds his arms up to the cheering fans, swings off the ropes and hits a big splash! Blackwell gets up, swings off the ropes and hits another splash. The fans go wild as Blackwell holds up 3 fingers. Blackwell swings off the ropes and hits a 3rd splash! Blackwell gets up, nods his head and exits with a smile. 

Greg Gagne is stretchered out of the ring and up the ramp. 

Winner of the Match- Jerry Blackwell 

Last Man Standing! 

The Dream Machine vs. "The Master of Disaster" Kerry Brown 

Ken Resnick explains the rules. To sum it up, If a wrestler doesn't answer the 10 count, he loses. 

The fans cheer as Kerry Brown heads down the ramp. WHAM! He's nailed from behind by Dream Machine. The bell rings and the Ref goes out to the action. Dream slams Kerry on the ramp and stomps away. Dream backs up, then his a running jumping elbow drop. The Ref starts counting 1..2..3..4..5..6, Kerry gets to his knee and stops the count. Kerry slowly rises as Dream puts him down with a clothesline. Dream grabs Kerry, runs with him towards the ring and slams him into the guardrail. Dream stands in front of Kerry and starts doing some dancing shuffle as the Ref counts. Kerry gets up at 8. Dream charges but Kerry back drops him into the crowd. 

The Ref starts the count on Dream. Dream staggers up at 7 as Kerry grabs a fan's soda and throws it in Dream's face. Kerry regroups and punches away on Dream, then hurls him back over the guard rail. Kerry picks up Dream and suplexes him on the concrete. The Ref starts the count. 1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..Dream slowly gets up. Kerry grabs Dream and hurls him across the announcer's table. Dream slides across and onto the ground. The Ref counts, Dream gets up at 9. Kerry walks towards Dream but Dream grabs a chair and hits Kerry at the knees. Both men are reeling. Dream staggers up and leans against the steel post. The Ref starts the count on Kerry. 1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..9..Kerry pulls himself up on the apron and barley beats the count. 

Kerry limps around as Dream grabs him and executes a knee breaker. Dream picks up Kerry and hits another knee breaker. Kerry falls over as Dream yells at the Ref to make the count. 1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..Kerry uses all his strength and wobbles up but Dream quickly clotheslines him down. Dream is irate and tells the Ref to count faster. Kerry rises at 9. Dream charges but Kerry moves as Dream crashes into the steel post. Once again, both men are down. 1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..Kerry gets up..9..Dream manages to rise. 

Kerry slams Dream's head on the apron and hurls him into the ring. Kerry gets in the ring, swings Dream to the ropes and puts him down with a back elbow smash. Kerry limps around, picks up Dream and hits a swinging neckbreaker. 1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..Dream gets to his knees. Kerry grabs Dream and hurls him to the outside. Kerry goes to the apron. Dream staggers up as Kerry nails him with a double axehandle. 1..2..3..4..5..6..Dream staggers around. Kerry grabs him and gut wrench suplexes him on the concrete. Kerry picks up Dream and hits another gut wrench suplex. Kerry picks up Dream and slams him on the concrete. Kerry Irish Whips Dream into the ring steps. Kerry charges with a flying knee but Dream just collapses as Kerry hits the steps with his knee.

Both men are down. 1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..9..Both men stagger up and fall back down. 1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..Dream gets up..9..Kerry grips the steel post and pulls himself up. Dream goes by the announcer's table and picks up the ring bell. Kerry limps towards Dream. Dream spins around and wallops Kerry's head with the bell! Kerry's busted open and falls down. The Ref counts 1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..9..10! 

Dream drops the ring bell. He's hurting bad but manages a little dance shuffle. He falls back down, regroups, raises his arms and staggers back up the ramp.

Winner of the Match- The Dream Machine 

AWA Titles vs. Titles Bout

AWA World Champs Jumbo Tsuruta and Tatsumi Fujinami vs. AWA National Champs Larry Zbyszko and Al Perez 

Big match feel. Man, these guys look like champions. Tsuruta and Fujinami are wearing kimono robes while Larry and Perez are wearing matching shiny silver ring jackets. During the introductions both teams proudly hold up their titles. Jerry Jarrett takes the titles and holds both sets up as the fans cheer. 

The bell rings. Perez starts off with Jumbo. They lock up. Perez clamps on a headlock, smiles and wrenches away. Jumbo grabs Perez and hits a back suplex. Jumbo gets up, as Perez rises, Jumbo grabs him an overhead German suplex. Larry runs in but Jumbo grabs him and sends him flying with an overhead German suplex. Larry staggers up but faces the wrong corner as Tatsumi chops him. The Ref guides Larry back. Jumbo swings Perez to the ropes and back drops him. Perez staggers up as Jumbo puts him down with a big boot 1..2..Perez barley gets his shoulder up. Jumbo tags in Tatsumi. They swing Perez to the ropes double dropkick him down. Tatsumi picks up Perez and hits a speed backbreaker 1..2..Larry breaks it. Tatsumi swings Perez to the ropes and back drops him. Perez bounces around and tags in Larry.

Larry plays the stalling game but finally gets in there, only to stall more. Tatsumi finally gets a hold of him, swings him to the ropes and clotheslines him down, then follows with a double arm suplex 1..2..Larry gets his shoulder up. Tatsumi tags in Jumbo. Tatsumi holds Larry as Jumbo comes off the top rope with a double axehandle. Jumbo picks up Larry and executes a bridging back suplex 1..2..Perez breaks it with an angry stomp. Tatsumi runs in and chops Perez down. The Ref guides Tatsumi back. Jumbo picks up Larry but Perez clips Jumbo behind the knee. Perez goes back to his corner.

Larry crawls over and tags in Perez. Perez slams Jumbo, then goes to the middle ropes. Jumbo staggers up as Perez nails him with a double axehandle. Perez picks up Jumbo and hits a vertical suplex 1..2..Kick Out. Perez swings Jumbo to the ropes and back drops him. As Jumbo rises, Perez nails him with a knee lift, then tags in Larry. Perez holds Jumbo as Larry nails him with a spin kick to the gut. Larry hits a gut wrench suplex 1..2..Tatsumi breaks it. Perez charges in but Tatsumi back drops him. The Ref guides Tatsumi back. Larry swings Jumbo to the ropes and flips him over with a knee to the mid section. Larry picks up Jumbo for a suplex but Jumbo punches away and suplexes Larry, somersaults over and tags in Tatsumi.

Tatsumi nails Larry with a side kick, then follows with an enziguri kick 1..2..Perez breaks it. Tatsumi goes after Perez and chops away at him in the corner. Larry staggers up and nails Tatsumi with a high knee to the back. Larry hurls Tatsumi out of the ring and distracts the Ref. Perez slams Tatsumi's head on the apron, bodyslams him in the concrete, then hurls him back in the ring. Larry swings Tatsumi to the ropes and back drops him, then follows with several stomps. Larry tags in Perez. Larry holds Tatsumi as Perez nails him with a flying forearm from the middle ropes 1..2..Tatsumi barley gets his shoulder up. Perez gets angry, grabs the top rope and drops several knees on Tatsumi 1..2..Kick Out. Perez tags in Larry. They swing Tatsumi to the ropes but miss a double clothesline, Tatsumi swings back and clotheslines both men down, dives over and tags in Jumbo.

Jumbo goes suplex crazy on Larry and Perez. An exploder suplex sends Perez rolling to the outside. Larry staggers up and into a belly to belly suplex by Jumbo 1..2..Larry gets his foot on the ropes. Jumbo slams Larry and follows with a neckbreaker. Jumbo goes to the top rope but Perez hops on the apron and pushes Jumbo off. Larry rolls over and tags in Perez. Perez slams Jumbo, goes to the top rope and crashes down with an elbow drop 1..2..Tatsumi breaks it. The Ref guides him back as Perez and Larry double suplex Jumbo. Perez tags in Larry. Larry executes a double arm suplex. Larry picks up Jumbo and hits a swinging neckbreaker 1..2..Tatsumi breaks it with a knee drop from the top rope. Larry rolls over and tags in Perez. Perez picks up Jumbo and executes a 360 suplex 1..2..Jumbo gets his shoulder up. Perez can't believe it. Perez spends to much time arguing with the Ref. Jumbo slowly gets up. Perez turns around as Jumbo nails him with a running knee. Jumbo tags in Tatsumi.

Tatsumi hits a reverse atomic drop and follows with a clothesline. Tatsumi hits a standing leg drop 1..2..Kick Out. Tatsumi swings Perez to the ropes and puts him down with a spinning forearm blast. Tatsumi picks up Perez and hits a belly to back suplex 1..2..Larry breaks it with a stomp to the gut. Jumbo comes in and punches Larry to the corner. The Ref guides Jumbo back. Tatsumi picks up Perez for a suplex but Larry spin kicks Tatsumi in the gut. Perez crashes down on Tatsumi 1..2..Kick Out. Perez slowly gets up, swings Tatsumi to the ropes but Tatsumi leapfrogs over and tags in Jumbo. Jumbo clotheslines Perez down. Larry charges in but Jumbo puts him down with a big boot. Jumbo slams Perez and goes to the top rope. Jumbo crashes down with a flying knee drop. Larry runs in but Tatsumi catches him and hits a Dragon Suplex! Jumbo picks up Perez and hits a Sheer Drop Powerbomb 1..2..3!!!! WOW! 

The fans give a standing ovation as Jerry Jarrett hands them the World and National Tag Titles. Jumbo and Tatsumi hold them up with pride as they soak it all in. 

Winners of the Match and now World and National tag team champs- Jumbo Tsuruta and Tatsumi Fujinami 

Lance: What a WrestleRock moment as Jumbo Tsuruta and Tatsumi Fujinami now hold dual championships. Credit to the team of Larry Zbyszko and Al Perez for a tremendous showing. Well fans, you see behind me the steel cage being set up. A lot of bad blood and history between Ricky Steamboat and Carlos Colon. Jerry Jarrett hopes this cage match settles things once and for all. Night 1 of WrestleRock concludes with this epic grudge match. I'm afraid this is going to get extremely violent. Well, at least Curtis Iaukea wont be a factor. This issue should be resolved. Ok, I hear we're ready. Fans, let's get to it. 

STEEL CAGE MATCH!!!

Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat vs. Carlos Colon

Thundering boos as Colon walks down the ramp with pure evil in his eyes. Colon looks up at the cage and smiles as he enters. Colon walks around shaking the cage and yelling Steamboat's name. Earth shaking cheers as Steamboat walks down the ramp 100% focused on Colon. Colon is begging Steamboat to get in there. Steamboat doesn't hesitate. Steamboat enters, an official locks the door and the fight is on!

The fans go crazy as Steamboat and Colon tear into each other. They go toe to toe, blasting away. Steamboat gets the upper hand and just starts to unload with a flurry of punches and chops. Steamboat swings Colon to the ropes and back drops him. Steamboat goes to the top rope and comes down with a brain chop. Steamboat goes to the opposite top rope and hits another brain chop. Steamboat goes to the 3rd top turnbuckle and hits another brain chop. And yes, he goes to the 4th top turnbuckle and hits a 4th brain chop. Colon is in a daze. Steamboat grabs him and throws him head first into the cage. Steamboat picks Colon up and throws him head first into the opposite side of the cage. Colon is busted open. Steamboat grabs Colon and atomic drops him into the cage. Colon just drops down against the cage. Steamboat grabs Colon and drags him to the corner. Steamboat pounds away on Colon's bloody head, then hoists him up on the top rope. The fans roar as Steamboat superplexes Colon! The Ref counts 1..2..Colon somehow gets his shoulder up. Steamboat picks up Colon but Colon lowblows him, picks him up and groin drops him on the top rope. Steamboat sits there and just falls over. Colon falls back and down.

Colon finally staggers up and walks around clearing the cobwebs. Colon picks up Steamboat and grinds his face against the cage. Colon slams Steamboat's head several times against the cage and continues to grind his face until it bleeds. Colon grabs Steamboat by the hair and hurls him back into the ring. Colon goes to the middle ropes and comes down with a stomp to Steamboat's gut. Colon stomps away on Steamboat. Colon picks up Steamboat, clamps on a headlock and unloads with punches. Colon hoists Steamboat up and hangs him upside down in the corner. Colon stomps away on Steamboat. Colon backs up, then charges and hits Steamboat with a running knee. Steamboat slowly slithers down the turnbuckles. Colon picks up Steamboat and hurls him into the cage. Colon picks up Steamboat and hurls him to the opposite side of the cage. Colon grabs Steamboat and hits a vertical suplex 1..2..Steamboat gets his shoulder up. The fans cheer as Colon yells at them and the Ref. Steamboat uses the ropes to pull himself up. Colon charges but Steamboat back drops him into the cage.

Both men are down. Colon slowly rises but Steamboat dropkicks him back into the cage. The fans roar as Steamboat fires up. Steamboat pulls Colon out by his hair, twirls him around and hurls him into the cage. Steamboat drags Colon back into the ring. Steamboat swings Colon into the corner and charges in but Colon grabs him, spins around and hot shots Steamboat on the top rope. Once again, both men are hurting. 

Both men slowly stagger up. Colon grabs Steamboat and snake eyes him on the top turnbuckle. Colon grabs Steamboat and throws him face first into the cage. Colon chokes Steamboat with his boot, picks him up and grinds his bloody face into the cage. Colon yanks Steamboat back into the ring. Colon hits a backbreaker, then goes to the top rope. Colon's face is a crimson mask which makes his smile even more evil looking. Steamboat staggers up as Colon levels him with a diving clothesline. Colon puts his boot on Steamboat's chest 1..2..Steamboat lifts his shoulder. The fans chant Steamboat's name. Colon angrily stomps away. Colon goes to pick up Steamboat but Steamboat low blows him. Colon hunches over.

Steamboat gets under Colon, rises and executes an electric chair drop. Both men are lying there. Steamboat rises and leans against the ropes. Colon finally staggers up but Steamboat lunges and hits a tornado DDT. Steamboat gets up and the fans cheer as he shakes his fists. Steamboat hurls Colon into the cage. Steamboat picks up Colon, runs with him and hurls him into the opposite side of the cage. Steamboat repeats this several times. Steamboat drags Colon to the center of the ring. 

Steamboat goes to the top rope and waits. Colon starts to move. Steamboat stands erect but pauses. The fans roar as Steamboat climbs to the top of the cage. Steamboat fully extends. Colon slowly staggers up in a daze. Steamboat leaps off and hits a flying body press from the top of the cage!!!! 1..2..3!!!! Mega Pop! 

The fans are on their feet cheering. Steamboat has a look of pure exhaustion and elation. The fans cheer louder as Steamboat stands up and raises his arms in victory.

Winner of the Match- Ricky Steamboat

Lance: My oh my, what can I say. One of the most satisfying victories I have ever seen. Just incredible. Fan's what a first night this has been. And it's only the first night. I look forward to seeing you all tomorrow night for the second half of WrestleRock. Now, get ready for a very special performance by Billy Squire as he caps off night 1 of WrestleRock. 

squire.jpg.b6eaf7d9c07e0d5bb8395ed204d9ea9f.jpg

I want you to know i popped over to Youtube because i just had to hear "Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport" & it was all that i could've asked for. As for Jack, a good showing but he falls to the Polish Hammer,

Charland may have gotten the pin but it's Yatsu who proves the MVP of a chaotic 10 man tag.

Let the record show it took two men & a branding iron to beat Blackjack mulligan.

Iaukea's Savage Assassins fail to get the job done leading to him kicking Kokina to the curb.If that wasn't bad enough, he gets splashed by Snuka!

Damn! Canek destroys Abby proving his dominance over the International title scene.

Blsckwell wins the battle of the big men then gives Gagne the whipping we all wish we could.

Dream Machines the the last man standing babay!

Larry Z & Perez fought a hell of a fight but it just seems to be Tsurata & Fujinami's year. Congratulations to the unified champs.

Steamboat wins a grueling cage match to end his feud with Colon once & for all.

Bring on night 2!

Really good job with the first night of Wrestlerock!

I always like these big shows as I try to figure out where the writer is going.  I wonder if Outback Jack is one and down in the AWA or if you have something else planned.  I wonder if Mulligan wants more of Cooley as there seems to be some blood left to be spilled.  What's next for the Bruise Brothers?  Is Snuka going to keep coming after Iaukea?  What will Gagne do to slow do Blackwell?  Whose next up to challenge for the tag belts?  Is Larry going to be done with Al Perez?  Is that the end of Colon?  Is Steamboat looking to go for the title again?

Can't wait for the second show and your next tv show.

AWA 

WrestleRock 87

From the Liberty Bowl, Memphis TN

liberty.jpg.d8d095fd8a46e294b7e3f256e8a6a7fd.jpg

Sunday May 29th (Night 2) 

The show opens with a helicopter overhead view of Liberty Bowl Stadium. That's followed by highlights from part 1 of WrestleRock. 

Lance: Hello everybody and welcome to WrestleRock 87. If tonight's card is anything like last night's, then were all in for quite an evening. Another 9 matches lined up, including our huge world title bout as Tommy Rich defends against Dick Slater. Fans, lets' kick the festivities off and get to the ring. 

The Olympians vs. The Chosen Ones 

Olympians look strong and confident as they walk down the ramp. On the flip side, the Chosen Ones look a bit distraught and unfocused. Probably because their mentor Greg Gagne is in the hospital, courtesy of Jerry Blackwell. 

Olympians dominate the early segment as Rheingans uses his technical skills to outwrestle both Barr and Smiley, while Kazmaier uses his superior strength to overpower the Chosen Ones. Rheingans keeps the momentum going as he swings Smiley to the ropes and executes a swinging gut wrench suplex. Rheingans tags in Kaz. Kaz swings Smiley to the ropes and clamps on the bearhug! Kaz wrenches away until Barr comes off the top rope with a double axehandle to the back of Kaz's head. 

Rheingans comes in but the Ref guides him back. Barr drags Smiley over and tags himself in. Barr swings Kaz to the ropes and nails him with a back elbow smash. Barr body slams Kaz, goes to the middle ropes and hits a knee drop 1..2..Kick Out. Barr swings Kaz to the ropes and nails him with a kick to the gut, snapmares him over and follows with several elbows to the top of Kaz's head. Barr tags in Smiley. They swing Kaz to the ropes and double kick him, then follow with a double suplex. Smiley goes to the top rope and crashes down with a flying elbow drop 1..2..Rgheingans breaks it. Barr comes in to protest but the Ref guides him back. As Smiley rises, Rheingans runs over and hits a cutter. Rheingans goes to his corner and cheers Kaz on. Kaz crawls over and makes the tag.

Rheingans swings Smiley to the ropes and hip tosses him then quickly follows with an elbow drop 1..2..Kick Out. Rheingans swings Smiley to the ropes and back drops him. Smiley staggers up as Rheingans dropkicks him down. Barr runs in and gets back dropped. Barr staggers up as Kaz runs in and clotheslines him down. Rheingans slams Smiley and tags in Kaz. They swing Smiley to the ropes and double clothesline him down. Barr staggers up against the ropes as the Olympians double clothesline him over and to the outside. Kaz picks up Smiley and atomic drops him into a bridging back suplex by Rheingans 1..2..3! Nice pop! 

Winners of the Match- The Olympians 

Gama gets his share of boos as he yells and angrily raises his fist to the fans. Stevens heads down the ramp to a solid ovation. The old AWA die hard fans just love this guy. 

The bell rings and Gama stands there berating Stevens. Gama pushes Stevens. Stevens looks out at the crowd and smiles, then pushes Gama to the canvas. Gama gets up and takes a wild swing at Stevens but Stevens ducks and atomic drops Gama into the turnbuckles. Gama hits hard and stumbles all around. Stevens times it well and puts Gama down with a hard right punch. Stevens grabs the top rope and drops several knees on Gama. Stevens hoists Gama up and hits a shoulder breaker 1..2..Kick Out. Stevens swings Gama to the ropes and back drops him. Stevens picks up Gama and the fans cheer as he goes for a piledriver but Gama fights it and back drops Stevens over. 

Gama regroups and slams Stevens. Gama goes to the top rope. Stevens staggers up as Gama puts him down with a missile dropkick 1..2..Stevens gets his shoulder up. Gama whips Stevens into the corner and follows with a running forearm blast. Gama nails Stevens with several forearm clubs, then hip tosses him to the middle of the ring. Gama runs and hits a neck snap. Gama picks up Stevens and vertical suplexes him 1..2..Kick Out. A frustrated Gama swings Stevens into the corner and charges in but Stevens raises his knees and hits Gama head on.

The fans fire Stevens up. Gama staggers up as Stevens scoop slams him down. Stevens goes to the middle ropes and comes down with a knee drop 1..2..Kick Out. Stevens hits a backbreaker, rolls Gama over and clamps on the Boston Crab. Gama screams in pain but manages to grab the ropes. Stevens slams Gama, then goes to the top rope. The fans cheer as Stevens goes for the Bomb's Away, but Gama moves. 

Both men slowly rise, Gama grabs Stevens and hits an inverted atomic drop, then pulls Steven's legs from under him. Gama puts his own feet on the turnbuckles as he pushes Steven's legs forward 1..2..3! Gama rolls out of the ring and is happy he stole this one. Stevens is disappointed but the fans give him a great ovation. He smiles and gives them a wave. 

Winner of the Match- Gama Singh 

Estrada strolls down the ramp, wearing his glitter green vest and sunglasses. He stops and lights his cigar. Takes a puff and soaks in all the boos. He walks by the announcer's table, takes another puff of his cigar and blows it in Ken Resnick's face. Boos turn to massive cheers as Kirchner heads down the ramp. Kirchner's wearing an eye patch and waving his American flag, while angrily pointing up at Estrada. Estrada smiles and holds up his cigar, then puts a hand over his eye and points to Kirchner. Kirchner sets his flag down and hits the ring.

The bell rings as Kirchner runs in and clotheslines Estrada, which sends his cigar and sunglasses flying. Kirchner swings Estrada into the corner. Kirchner hops up on the turnbuckles and punches down on Estrada's head as the fans count along. Kirchner hops down, swings Estrada to the opposite corner and follows with a running clothesline. Kirchner hops on the turnbuckles and punches Estrada another 10 times as the fans happily count along. Kirchner hops down. Estrada steps forward and collapses. Kirchner picks up Estrada. Kirchner puts his boot up on the turnbuckle and slams Estrada's head on it. Kirchner picks up Estrada and hits a Fall Away Slam. Estrada bounces and rolls out of the ring. Kirchner goes to the outside. Kirchner goes to pick up Estrada but Estrada gives him a lowblow, grabs his pants and hurls him over and into the steel post. Estrada rolls into the ring to stop the count.

Estrada lays in the ring trying to regroup. The Ref starts the count on Kirchner. Kirchner gets on the apron at 8 but Estrada sends him back down with a running knee. Estrada shakes the cobwebs and goes to the apron. Kirchner staggers up as Estrada comes down with an elbow to the top of the head. Estrada slams Kirchner's head on the apron and hurls him back in the ring. Estrada gets in the ring and waits. Kirchner gets to his knees as Estrada nails him with a running knee lift. Estrada smiles and drops a knee on Kirchner. Estrada holds up his thumb and jams it into Kirchner's eye patch. Kirchner's in serious pain. The Ref warns Estrada but Estrada threatens him with a fist. Estrada grabs Kirchner and rakes his face across the top rope, clamps on a headlock and sticks his thumb in Kirchner's eye patch. Estrada swings Kirchner to the ropes but misses a clothesline, Kirchner swings back and clotheslines Estrada down.

Kirchner holds his eye and tries to get his senses back. Estrada staggers up and heads towards Kirchner but Kirchner kicks him, hoists him up on his shoulders and executes a fireman's carry drop 1..2..Kick out. Kirchner gets up and shakes his fists as the crowd cheers him on. Kirchner picks up Estrada but Estrada rakes his eye patch and hurls him out of the ring. Estrada walks around still reeling in pain. Estrada goes to the outside. Estrada looks over and sees Kirchner's flag. Estrada walks over and breaks the flag, then grabs part of the wood. Estrada grabs Kirchner by his hair and is trying to dig the piece of wood in Kirchner's eye patch. The fans, announcers and Ref are horrified. Kirchner grabs Estrada's hands and fights it. Kirchner uses all his strength and rises with a firm grip on Estrada's hands. The fans cheer as Kirchner kicks Estrada in the gut. Kirchner follows with a flurry of kicks, then slams Estrada on the concrete. Kirchner slams Estrada's head on the apron and hurls him back in the ring.

Kirchner picks up the piece of wood and gets in the ring. Kirchner holds up the wood and digs down on Estrada's head! The Ref signals for the DQ. Kirchner just digs into Estrada's head. Estrada's busted open and bleeding everywhere while flailing and screaming in pain. Kirchner stands up and tosses the wood. Everybody is pretty shocked at what just happened. Kirchner looks around and down at Estrada. Officials run in and plead for Kirchner to leave. Kirchner takes a deep breath and walks out as medics attend to Estrada.

Winner of the Match by DQ- Jose Estrada 

AWA TV Title Bout

Morrow's wearing a white suit and white fedora hat. He's carrying a bottle of champagne and strolls over to some important looking business men sitting in the front row. Morrow smiles and hands them the bottle. The announcers overhear one of the men say "There's a lot of money at stake here Gerry, I hope you're prepared" Morrow's smile disappears as he takes back the champagne bottle and sets it on the announcers table. Big time cheers as Busick heads down the ramp, wearing only his black wrestling gear with the TV title strapped around his waist. Morrow takes off his suit and actually looks zoned in on Busick. Busick hands the Ref his TV title and stares down Morrow. 

The bell rings. Morrow tries to apologize for hitting Busick over the head with a champagne bottle a few weeks ago. Morrow's obviously playing mind games as he offers Busick a handshake. Busick grabs Morrow's hand and follows with a short arm clothesline! Busick picks Morrow up and Irish whips him into the corner. Busick grabs Morrow and whips him into the opposite corner. Morrow staggers into a back drop. Morrow rises but Busick scoop slams him down, swings off the ropes and hits an elbow drop 1..2..Kick Out. Busick swings Morrow to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Morrow stops, grabs him by his head and slams him down. 

Morrow goes to a knee and shakes the cobwebs. Morrow swings Busick into the corner and follows with a running knee to the mid section. Morrow stomps, chokes, kicks and punches away on Busick in the corner. Morrow pulls him out and drops him with a Hangman's neckbreaker 1..2..Kick Out. A frustrated Morrow hurls Busick out of the ring. Morrow follows, picks up Busick and rams him back first into the steel post, then flings Busick back into the ring. Morrow goes to the top rope. Busick crawls to his knees as Morrow hits a diving headbutt to Busick's back. Morrow swings Busick to the ropes and hits a reverse backbreaker 1..2..Kick Out. Morrow slams his fist on the canvas and yells at the Ref. Morrow slowly picks up Busick and goes for a suplex but Busick blocks it and suplexes Morrow. 

Both men are reeling and start to rise. Morrow takes a swing but Busick blocks it and hits Morrow with several fired up punches. Busick swings Morrow to the ropes and hits a sidewalk slam 1..2..Morrow gets his shoulder up. Busick picks up Morrow and swings him into the corner. Busick runs full speed and goes for a splash but Morrow moves as Busick hits the top turnbuckle and flies out of the ring. 

Morrow walks around favoring his back. He looks out at his business associates and smiles, then yells "De TV title is mine and I owe you nothing!" Morrow goes to the apron and hits a double axehandle on Busick. Morrow grabs a cable and chokes Busick. The Ref runs out and threatens Morrow with a DQ. Morrow throws Busick down, stomps away, picks him up and hurls him back in the ring. Morrow picks up Busick and clamps on a sleeper while smiling out at his business associates. Morrow wrenches away while swinging Busick around. The fans try and fire Busick up. Busick clenches his fists. Morrow hops on Busick's back. Busick runs full speed backwards and slams Morrow into the turnbuckles. 

Busick falls forward as Morrow lays against the turnbuckles. Busick stands up and turns around. Morrow staggers forward but Busick powerslams him over 1..2..Morrow gets his shoulder up. Busick's adrenaline is running high. He swings Morrow to the ropes and clotheslines him down. He swings Morrow to the corner and follows with a running clothesline. He swings Morrow to the opposite corner and hits another running clothesline. He swings Morrow to the ropes and hits the Spinebuster Slam! The fans are up and cheering but Busick doesn't cover. Busick grabs Morrow and applies the Stump Puller! The Ref sees Morrow can't even breath and signals for the bell. Huge POP! Busick stands up and raises his fists. The Ref hands him his TV title. More cheers as Busick hops on the turnbuckles and holds his TV title high. After Busick leaves, the group of business men get in the ring and escort a lifeless Morrow out. One of the men goes and gets the champagne bottle off the announcers table. 

Winner of the Match and still AWA TV Champ- Nick Busick 

6-Man Chain Match! 

"Mad Dog" Buzz Sawyer/"Crippler" Rip Oliver and "Maniac" Matt Borne vs. "The Beast" Rip Morgan and The Sheepherders 

The entrances are quite a spectacle. Morgan and The Sheepherders come down the ramp with chains wrapped around them. They seem to be gnawing on them. Sawyer, Oliver and Borne look just as crazy wearing their chains. It takes a full staff of security, officials and preliminary wrestlers to hook these guys up to 20 foot long chains. Morgan is hooked up to Sawyer. Borne and Butch are linked, and Oliver and Luke are bound together. 3 Refs will be around the ring. Their only job is to count a pin or hear a submission. Once they're hooked up, everybody runs out of the ring. 

The bell rings and it's on! Sawyer and Morgan tear into each other. Borne and Butch trade chain blows. Oliver and Luke ball up the chain and pound away on each other. Within minutes everybody is bleeding and blood is all over the canvas. Sawyer kicks Morgan, wraps the chain around his arm and clotheslines Morgan. Borne has Butch down in the corner and is choking him with the chain. Oliver wraps the chain around his fist and punches away on Luke. The tide turns when Morgan balls up his chain and hits Sawyer with several rabbit punches. Butch wraps the chain around Borne's neck and pulls. Luke slams Oliver, wraps the chain around his knee and drops a knee drop. The blood brawl goes back and forth. Sawyer puts Morgan in a camel clutch with the chain under his chin. Sawyer wrenches back as blood comes out of Morgan's mouth. Luckily the Sheepherders were close by and stomped on Sawyer to get him off. Borne and Oliver regroup, pull the Sheepherders in and stereo chain clothesline them down. 

Morgan was able to position the chain between Sawyer's legs and pull it up. Sawyer just keeled over. Sheepherders regain control as they hit a double chain clothesline on Borne, then double chain clothesline Oliver down. Moments later, Borne slams Butch, hops on the middle ropes and hits a chained fist drop. Luke is hanging upside down on the turnbuckles as Oliver whips his mid section with the chain. Sawyer came back on Morgan with a running chained up double axehandle to the head.

After all this brutality and near falls and submissions, neither team can finish the other off. After 12 minutes of pure violence both teams are bloody, bruised, banged up and almost dead. 

Sawyer just starts whipping Morgan with the chain. Borne and Oliver blast away on the Sheepherders with chained fists. Things take a wild turn when Borne is hitting Butch. Luke lowblows Oliver with the chain, then reaches over and chokes Borne with it. This allows Butch to regroup and hit Borne with chained fists. The Sheepherders pick up Oliver and hit a double rib breaker. They pick up Borne and hit a double rib breaker. Sawyer picks up Morgan and powerslams him over 1..2..The Sheepherders break it. Sawyer picks up Morgan and swings him into the Sheepherders but Morgan grips the chain and pulls Sawyer in with him.

The Sheepherders and Morgan stomp away on Sawyer, while hitting him with all the chains. Morgan picks up Sawyer and hurls him over the top rope. Sawyer's hanging there while Morgan pulls the chain and chokes him. Borne and Oliver make a last ditch effort but to much damage was already done. The Ref's check on Sawyer. He's unconscious. They signal for the bell. It's over. 

The staff hits the ring and unhooks everybody. Morgan and the Sheepherders are the winners but you wouldn't know it by looking at them. 

Winners of the Match- Rip Morgan and The Sheepherders

Intermission 

A behind the scenes piece is shown of all the hard work people put into making WrestleRock happen. A special thank you credit is shown with names of all the companies and groups who participated in this tremendous event. Billy Squire and The Doobie Brothers even gave some fun comments. Ken Resnick was out in the parking lot earlier, interviewing fans at various tailgate parties. 

Lance: (Smiling) Wrestling, Rock n Roll and Bar B Ques. What more can you ask for? Well Fans, so far we've seen it all. Nick Busick retains his TV title and I have to wonder how broke Gerry Morrow is. And what about that chain match? My goodness, in all my years I've never seen a match quite like that one. Well, plenty more action to come, with of course the world title main event between Tommy Rich and Dick Slater. After all the action, the Doobie Brothers will put the final touches on WrestleRock 87. Now let's get to the ring. 

Taped Fist Match! 

Boos as Kelly comes down the ramp wearing a gold boxing robe. Vinnie is wearing a gold boxing trainer like shirt with "Magnificent" written on back. They get into the ring. Vinnie holds up his hands as Kelly moves side to side hitting them with his taped fists. Vinnie grabs the mic

"Introducing the one and only greatest prized fighter of all time, Mr. Magnificent Kevin Kelly! And I'm the Vin Man yea!"

Kelly holds up his arms and shuffles his feet while shadow boxing. 

The crowd pops as DJ comes down the ramp looking gruff and tough with a black vest and taped fists. 

The bell rings. Kelly starts throwing jabs in the air and mocks DJ. Kelly waves his arms and is ready to go. Vinnie's on the apron and starts throwing mock punches at DJ. The fans go nuts when DJ runs over and sends Vinnie flying off the apron with a big right punch. Vinnie is down and out. Kelly runs over but DJ turns around and fires away with big punches. DJ swings Kelly to the ropes and puts him down with a punch. DJ swings off the ropes and crashes down with a flying fist drop 1..2..Kick Out. DJ swings Kelly into the corner and follows with a running shoulder thrust. DJ follows with several more shoulder thrusts. Kelly stumbles forward as DJ back drops him over. DJ goes to the middle ropes and comes down with a forearm drop to the head 1..2..Kick Out. DJ swings Kelly to the ropes and goes for another back drop but Kelly kicks him and follows with a right punch.

Kelly holds the ropes and shakes the cobwebs. He looks out at Vinnie, who's still laid out. DJ stands up but Kelly drops him with another punch. DJ slowly rises as Kelly winds up and knocks him back down. Kelly does some more shadow boxing and follows with a double bicep pose as the fans boo. Kelly picks up DJ, runs with him and slams his head on the turnbuckle. Kelly slams DJ's head several more times on the turnbuckle. Kelly pushes DJ back into the corner and unloads with punches. DJ has a cut as Kelly punches away on it, really opening it up. Kelly swings DJ to the ropes and back drops him. He waits. DJ staggers up as Kelly swings off the ropes and nails him with a right punch 1..2..Kick Out. Kelly puts his knee on DJ's chest and punches away on his head 1..2..Kick Out. An angry Kelly swings DJ to the ropes but misses a clothesline, DJ swings back and mows Kelly over with a shoulder block.

DJ pumps his fists and stomps the canvas as the fans clap along. Kelly gets up but DJ knocks him down. Kelly gets up and DJ knocks him back down. Kelly slowly gets up and DJ scoop slams him down and follows with a standing leg drop 1..2..Kick Out. It's DJ's turn as he puts his knee on Kelly's chest and punches away on Kelly's head until it starts to bleed. DJ picks Kelly up, swings him to the ropes and nails him with a back elbow smash. DJ swings off the ropes and hits a jumping knee drop. DJ goes to the top rope. Kelly staggers up and turns around as DJ nails him with a flying shoulder block! The momentum sends Kelly bouncing out of the ring. 

Vinnie slowly gets up and pulls out a pair of brass knuckles. DJ tries to head out but the Ref is holding him back. Vinnie runs over and puts the brass knuckles on Kelly's hand, then pulls out tape and tapes over the brass knuckles. Kelly slowly gets on the apron. DJ pushes past the Ref. DJ goes to grab Kelly but Kelly nails him with a taped brass knuckles fist! Kelly goes through the ropes and falls on DJ 1..2..3! BOOOOOS! Vinnie runs in and raises Kelly's taped fist. 

Winner of the Match- Kevin Kelly 

Loser Leaves The AWA!

Fuller walks down the ramp oozing confidence. He's wearing his traditional red robe with "Stud" written on back. He takes off his cowboy hat and raises it to the booing fans as he enters the ring. Huge pop as "Bad to the Bone" plays over the speakers. Armstrong heads down the ramp waving his fist to the cheering crowd. The bell rings and you can cut the tension with a knife during their stare down. Who knows if this will be their final encounter but one thing's for sure, it will be their final AWA encounter.

They continue to stare each other down. Fuller backs up a step, then tries to kick Bob low, but Bob catches his leg and trips his other one. Bob grabs Fuller's leg and kicks away on it, then follows with elbow drops to the leg. The fans go bonkers when Bob applies the figure four! Bob wrenches away as Fuller screams in agony. Fuller is finally able to reach the ropes. Bob grabs Fullers legs and yanks him out, then reapplies the figure four! Fuller's about to give up but one last effort gets him to the ropes. Bob picks up Fuller and vertical suplexes him back 1..2..Kick Out. Bob slams Fuller, goes to the middle ropes and hits an elbow drop 1..2..Kick Out. Bob lifts Fuller up but Fuller rakes his eyes, swings him to the ropes, misses a clothesline and Bob comes back with a cross body press 1..2..Kick Out. Fuller frantically rolls out of the ring. Fuller limps around trying to regroup. Fuller gets on the apron at the 9 count. Bob grabs Fuller but Fuller rakes his eyes, drops down and snaps Bob's head on the top rope.

Fuller grabs Bob's legs and pulls him to the outside. Fuller slams Bob's head on the announcer's table, then swings him around and hurls him back in the ring. Fuller gets in the ring and stomps down on Bob. Fuller sits Bob up and hits him with several elbows to the top of his head. Fuller backs up and nails Bob with a knee lift. Fuller picks up Bob and gives him a high suplex 1..2..Kick Out. Fuller picks up Bob and hits another high vertical suplex. Fuller follows with several consecutive elbow drops 1..2..Bob gets his shoulder up. Fuller picks up Bob and hurls him to the outside. Fuller goes out, picks up Bob and swings him into the ring steps. Fuller hurls Bob back into the ring. Fuller gets on the middle ropes and crashes down with a knee drop but Bob moves.

Bob rolls around and regroups. Fuller staggers up as Bob rises and punches away while the fans cheer. Bob swings Fuller to the ropes and kicks him in the gut, then follows with a knee lift of his own 1..2..Kick Out. Bob swings Fuller into the corner and charges in but Fuller puts his boot up and Bob hits it face first. 

Fuller drops down and goes to the outside. Fuller grabs a chair and enters the ring. The Ref is warning him. Fuller pushes the Ref out of the way. Fuller goes to swing at Bob, but Bob kicks him and hits a jawbreaker! Fuller's head crashes down on Bob's shoulder and the chair! 1..2..3! Huge Pop! Bob jumps up and celebrates with the fans. Fuller is still down. Another chapter ends in the Armstrong, Fuller saga.

Winner of the Match- Bob Armstrong 

Terry Taylor and Tom Zenk vs. The Original Midnight Express w/Norvell Austin 

"Hot Blooded" plays as Norvell (wearing a black tuxedo) leads his Express (wearing red glitter vests and bow ties) to the ring. Cheers as Taylor and Zenk bring the energy coming down the aisle wearing matching blue trunks and blue knee pads. Both teams look like a million bucks while introductions are made. Norvell spends a lot of time jawing at Taylor and Zenk.

The first few minutes is solid back and forth action with both teams showing off their skills and quickness. Tempers flare and we get all four men in the ring. Midnight's get the advantage, swing Taylor and Zenk to the ropes and go for back drops but Taylor and Zenk hit stereo sunset flips 1..2..Kick Outs. Midnight's get up but Taylor and Zenk dropkick them through the ropes. The fans are up and cheering as Norvell goes over and regroups his boys. 

The Ref gets control as Taylor and Condrey go at it. Condrey swings Taylor to the ropes and goes for a hip toss but Taylor reverses it and hip tosses him over. Condrey gets up but Taylor dropkicks him down. Rose comes in but Taylor back drops him. Rose stumbles over as Zenk nails him with an ear clap. Taylor atomic drops Condrey into another ear clap by Zenk. Taylor grabs Condrey and hits a back suplex 1..2..Rose breaks it. Taylor tags in Zenk. They swing Condrey to the ropes and double back drop him. Condrey staggers up as Zenk puts him down with a superkick 1..2..Rose breaks it. Taylor sends Rose flying with a running forearm shot. The Ref guides Taylor back, which allows Norvell to run in and clothesline Zenk. 

Condrey tags in Rose. They double slam Zenk and follow with double elbow drops. Rose hops on the middle ropes and hits a slingshot splash on Zenk 1..2..Zenk gets his foot on the rope. Rose pushes Zenk into the corner. Condrey chokes him while Rose kicks him. Rose grabs Zenk and suplexes him over 1..2..Kick Out. Rose tags in Condrey. Rose swings Zenk to the ropes and hits a drop toe hold while Condrey swings off the ropes with an elbow drop 1..2..kick out. Condrey swings Zenk to the ropes and clotheslines him down. Condrey pushes Zenk to the corner as Rose nails him with a forearm blast. Zenk staggers back into a German suplex by Condrey 1..2..Zenk barley gets his shoulder up. Condrey tags in Rose. They swing Zenk to the ropes bit miss a double clothesline, Zenk swings back and clotheslines them down, dives over and tags in Taylor.

Taylor's on fire. He grabs Rose and Condrey and slams their heads together, then dropkicks Condrey back to his corner. Taylor swings Rose to the ropes and hits a flying knee. Taylor swings off the ropes and hits a flying elbow drop 1..2..Condrey breaks it. Zenk runs in and nails Condrey with a high dropkick. Taylor and Zenk swing Rose to the ropes and put him down with a double punch. Taylor gut wrench suplexes Rose and tags in Zenk. Zenk swings Rose to the corner, Rose reverses it but Zenk hops on the turnbuckles and comes back with a flying press 1..2..Kick Out. Zenk slams Rose and tags in Taylor. Zenk atomic drops Rose as Taylor clotheslines him down 1..2..Condrey breaks it. Zenk comes in but the Ref guides him back, this allows Condrey to nail Taylor with a high knee. Condrey drags Rose over and tags himself in. 

Condrey works over Taylor with slams, stomps, knee drops and closed fists. Condrey tags in Rose. Condrey swings Taylor to the ropes and hits a drop toe hold while Rose swings off the ropes and hits a leg drop 1..2..Zenk breaks it. Rose tags in Condrey. They swing Taylor to the ropes and put him down with a double back elbow drop. Condrey goes to the top rope and comes down with a knee drop but Taylor moves. Rose comes in as does Zenk. The Ref guides Zenk back, then turns back to Rose. While Rose is distracting the Ref, Norvell runs over and yells at Zenk. Zenk hops down but Norvell throws powder in his face. Zenk's on the ground, rubbing his eyes. 

Condrey picks up Taylor but Taylor back drops him and dives over to make the tag but Zenk's still on the outside and can't see what's going on. Condrey tags in Rose. They hit Taylor, swing him to the ropes and double back drop him. Rose works over Taylor while Zenk struggles to get his sight back. Zenk finally gets on the apron but he's out of position. Rose swings Taylor to the ropes and Taylor collides with Zenk. Zenk goes flying off. Condrey runs in. They swing Taylor to the ropes and hit the double flapjack 1..2..3! 

Norvell is elated. The Midnight Express and Norvell share a big hug as they gleefully head up the ramp.

Taylor shakes the cobwebs and looks out at Zenk. Taylor goes to the outside and is questioning Zenk. Zenk's vision is still blurred as he's trying to explain what happened. Taylor clams down and backs off, then runs forward and clotheslines Zenk down! The announcers and fans are stunned. Taylor snaps, picks up Zenk and drops him on the guardrail. Taylor grabs a steel chair and hits Zenk numerous times until officials run out. Taylor throws the chair down and walks away in disgust, leaving Zenk in a bad way. 

Winners of the Match- The Original Midnight Express 

Lance: Well, I'm a little speechless on what just happened. I have no idea what got into Terry Taylor. I mean come on, that wasn't Zenk's fault, it was all Norvell Austin's fault. Well fans, what another epic night of WrestleRock. Bob Armstrong has ridded the AWA of long time rival Ron Fuller. What a story that's been over the years. Up next is for all the marbles. The AWA world title match. These two have had an intense grudge over the last couple months and tonight they finally settle it in the ring. Let's do this. 

AWA World Title Bout

Thundering boos that roar through the stadium as Tommy Rich and Baby Doll head down the ramp. Tommy's wearing a new "WrestleRich" T- Shirt while Baby Doll holds up a WrestleRich poster with Tommy's smiling face. Baby Doll also holds up her new WrestleRich purse. Tommy enters the ring and almost causes a riot when he grabs the mic.

"Hello everybody and welcome to the event of the year. I'm talking about WrestleRich baby! An event so big it could only be named after yours truly, the greatest world champion of all time!" 

Much needed cheers as Slater walks down the ramp wearing a sleeveless jeans jacket and headband. Slater never takes his eyes off Rich. He gets in the ring and officials hold him back. Introductions are made. Tommy smiles, kisses his world title and holds it up to the booing fans. The Ref signals for the bell.

Baby Doll walks over and looks Slater up and down. Slater grabs Baby Doll and kisses her! The fans love it. Tommy's pissed and charges Slater. Slater tosses Baby Doll aside and clotheslines Rich down. The Ref gets a stunned Baby Doll out of the ring. Slater drops down and grabs Tommy's head, then bounces it several times on the canvas. Slater swings Rich into the corner and follows with a running clothesline. Slater clamps on a headlock and hits a running bulldog 1..2..Rich gets his shoulder up. Slater slams Rich and goes to the top rope. Rich staggers up as Slater nails him with a double axehandle 1..2..Baby Doll puts Rich's foot on the rope. The Ref and Slater stand up and yell down at Baby Doll. Rich crawls over and lowblows Slater from behind and pushes Slater through the ropes.

The Ref is yelling down at Tommy. Baby Doll goes over and rakes Slater's eyes with her nails. Rich staggers up and goes out on the apron. Slater's staggering around as Rich comes down with an elbow to the head. Rich picks up Slater and swings him into the steel post. Rich holds Slater and lets Baby Doll slap him. Rich hurls Slater back in the ring. Rich goes to the middle ropes. Slater stands up as Rich nails him with a bionic elbow 1..2..Kick Out. Rich swings Slater to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Slater stops and uppercuts Rich, then clotheslines him down. 

Slater regroups. Slater drags Rich to the ropes, sets his head on the bottom rope and chokes him with his boot. Slater runs back off the ropes and hits a guillotine. Slater swings back off the ropes and baseball slides Rich out of the ring. Slater goes to the outside and warns Baby Doll. Slater picks up Rich and rams him face first into the steel post. Rich is bleeding. Slater hurls Rich back in the ring. Slater goes to the top rope. While the Ref is checking on Rich's cut, Baby Doll runs up and pushes Slater off the top rope.

Rich rolls around and finally hobbles up. Slater staggers up but Rich mulekicks him and follows with a neckbreaker 1..2..Kick Out. Rich vertical suplexes Slater, goes to the middle ropes and comes down with a stomp to the gut. Rich picks up Slater and hits a stomach buster 1..2..Kick Out. A frustrated Rich hurls Slater out of the ring. Baby Doll kicks Slater. Rich goes out and picks up Slater. My goodness, he's going to piledrive Slater on the concrete. NO! Slater back drops him as the fans cheer him on. 

Slater walks around and clenches his fists. He starts tagging Rich with punch after punch. Slater hurls Rich back into the ring. Slater gets in the ring, clamps a headlock on Rich and pounds away. Slater lets go as Rich falls down. Slater goes down and continues to unload on Rich's bloody head with punches. Slater picks up Rich. Rich is basically unconscious. Slater swings the spaghetti legged Rich to the ropes and nails him with a running forearm blast. Baby Doll senses the worst as she pulls out her purse. Slater picks up Rich and hits a swinging neckbreaker. The Ref drops down to make the count 1..2..The Ref looks back as Baby Doll whacks him across the face with her purse! The Ref is knocked out. 

Slater gets up as Baby Doll runs out of the ring. 

All of a sudden the stadium explodes with cheers! It's JERRY LAWLER! JERRY LAWLER is here!!!!! 

Lawler is walking down the ramp with another Ref. Lawler points to the ring. The Ref sprints in. Lawler walks over and grabs Baby Doll, then handcuffs her to the ropes. The fans are going wild! 

The new Ref gets in the ring and says the match is still on. Baby Doll is having a meltdown, trying to break free. Lawler is loving every minute.

Tommy Rich slowly gets up and looks around. He goes nuts when he sees Lawler. He can't believe it. Lawler smiles and waves to him.

Slater swings Rich around and hits a Russian Leg Sweep 1..2..3!!!! MEGA POP! 

Lawler grabs the world title and hands it up to the Ref. The Ref hands it to Slater. Lawler gives Slater the thumbs up and heads up the ramp, waving to his Memphis fans. 

Slater looks at the world title, then holds it high to a stadium full of cheers. Pure electricity! 

Winner of the Match and NEW AWA World Champion- Dick Slater

Lance: HAHAHA! What an ending to WrestleRock! The King Jerry Lawler returns and Dick Slater is the new AWA World Champ. Unpredictable indeed. Fans, I want to thank you for joining me for 2 amazing nights of WrestleRock action. It's been an incredible ride. Stay tuned as the Doobie Brothers will conclude WrestleRock with a bang. 

doobies.jpg.296b3dd7b58dd6caafb19fc3c4bb8b6f.jpg