Pro Wrestling Only

AWA Major League Wrestling

spaldoni

Great card! Nice win for Ronnie Garvin!

Wahoo gets the hard fought win over Bock in his specialty match.

The Golden Boys get the count out with over The Awesome Twosome....not sure they'll be able to pull off a pinfall or submission win over these guys.

The Superstar is back and costs Lawler his match with Idol, I never get tired of Lawler against either of these guys!

Steamboat retains the AWA World title over Billy Jack Haynes....but I don't the Dragon has heard the last of him!

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 8-6-86

awa.jpg.9bfef2cf5c5f973761e0e25190bba5ad.jpg

Lance Russell: Hello everybody and welcome to another edition of AWA Major League Wrestling. Tremendous show lined up as you will see Earthquake Ferris take on Art Crews with the winner getting a TV title shot next week. Larry Zbyszko and his mystery partner will go up against El Canek and The Cobra. National tag team champs Cabin Fever will be in the ring as well as Ron Garvin, the Bruise Brothers, Richard Charland, Jose Estrada and the debut of yet another tag team, The Union. After what went down in Milwaukee, we'll be hearing from Ox Baker and Billy Jack Haynes. I understand we've been sent a special video from Japan with comments from Tiger Jeet Singh. I can only imagine what that's all about. And in our big main event the Dream Machine managed by Paul Jones goes one on one with Jimmy Snuka. What a night of action it will be, so let's get to the ring right now. 

The Bruise Brothers vs. Trent Watkins and Neil Jordan

cash.jpg.853afb9e0d29379021ceecc772970eeb.jpgsnowman.jpg.8707a32a546277c3841293ff0d0c1573.jpg

The former AWA world champs look good tonight and get the fans cheering early. Cash hits the crossbody/headbutt on Jordan, then tags in Snowman. Snowman hoists Jordan up and hits the running powerslam for the win. 

Resnick: Another great win for the Bruise Brothers. Well, I'm sure you guys saw Gerry Morrow's introduction of George Wells as his new Priceless tag team partner. And now they've got their sights set on you after what you did to Carl Fergie.

Cash: I can't believe my old pal George has sunk this low. I have no idea what's gotten into him. If this is the sick game he wants to play, well then the Bruise Brothers are ready to keep the dice rolling. 

Snowman: What Morrow seems to forget is that he's the one that started all of this. Hey, if he wants to keep this going, fine by us. We'll finish the job and then it's time we go and get our titles back! 

Commercial Break 

"El Jefe" Jose Estrada vs. Vic Dutro 

estrada.jpg.1f631377c801ec6afc94ba51979c8cf5.jpg

Estrada just brutalizes his opponent as the fans boo. Estrada finally puts Dutro out of his misery with a high kneelift. 

More boos as Estrada heads out to Resnick. Estrada lights his cigar.

Resnick: You've got some nerve lighting that up after what you did to Scott Casey 2 weeks ago. I would hate to be in your shoes when he returns. 

Estrada: (smiles) You're not man enough to walk in my shoes and neither is that pendejo Scott Casey. (takes a puff of the cigar and blows it in Resnick's face) 

Resnick: (coughing) We'll be right back. This is disgusting. 

Commercial Break 

Winner gets a TV title shot next week 

Earthquake Ferris vs. "The Ace" Art Crews 

ferris.jpg.034e7a845971fb6af3ca807c26ef907e.jpgcrews.jpg.7ee72399489da8f89b3bbfa6eed9bd38.jpg

Ferris uses his size and has Crews bumping all over the ring. Ferris swings Crews to the corner and charges in but Crews moves and Ferris hits hard. Crews regroups and goes to work on Ferris with stomps. Crews grabs the top rope and drops several knees on Ferris. Crews chokes Ferris on the bottom rope. Crews swings off the ropes and hits a guillotine! Crews pulls Ferris off the rope and covers 1..2..Kick Out. Crews goes to the top rope and attempts a knee drop but Ferris moves. 

Both men rise, Ferris blasts Crews with several forearm shots, swings him to the ropes and gives him a big back drop. 

Boos as TIMOTHY FLOWERS runs out and hops on the apron. Ferris walks towards him. Cheers as JERRY ALLEN runs out and yanks Flowers off the apron. Allen fires away on Flowers all the way up the aisle. Crews gets up and runs at Ferris but Ferris turns around and clotheslines him down and covers 1..2..3! Big POP! 

Commercial Break 

Resnick: Ok, Earthquake Ferris has just earned himself a TV title shot next week against the Great Gagne. Fans, I want to show you footage from the Milwaukee Auditorium and what went down during the AWA world title match between Ricky Steamboat and Billy Jack Haynes. 

Footage shows them battle to a double DQ. Afterwards Billy applies the full nelson on Steamboat outside the ring, then rams him into the steel post. Steamboat is a bloody mess. 

Resnick: I've been informed that on Labor Day Weekend at the Mid South Coliseum, Ricky Steamboat will defend the AWA world title in a rematch against Billy Jack Haynes. My guests at this time are Billy Jack and Ox Baker. 

bjh.jpg.9b6e7dcfa21b679b5ac331d3dca0c843.jpgox.jpg.2587ca9dae80e4ced602e0119d4df767.jpg

Ox: You're looking at the uncrowned world champion! Did you see what this man did to the so called champion? He left him lying in a pool of blood. Steamboat is running scared because he knows his days are numbered. I told you and all these idiots that Steamboat couldn't handle this man's power and strength and I was right! 

Billy: Steamboat, you barely escaped Milwaukee with your title. At the Mid South Coliseum, you will not be as lucky. As a matter of fact, you'll be lucky if you leave in one piece! I'm coming Steamboat and brother you can't stop me! 

Commercial Break 

"The Wrecking Machine" Richard Charland w/Gino Brito Jr. vs. Todd Rooney 

charland.jpg.f9285405741e55c8e529a2262081f7e6.jpgbrito.jpg.74236cc8ce265b49069e9e7553cab48c.jpg

Charland beats his opponent down then picks him up and hits an inverted atomic drop. Charland holds Rooney up, kicks him in the gut and follows with an inverted piledriver for the win. Brito runs in and says something to Charland. Charland stomps on a lifeless Rooney, picks him up and hits another inverted piledriver. Brito yells "One more" The fans are booing as Charland gets ready to hoist Rooney up for another. 

garvin.jpg.f00e306974023f120e0d4e4ea26ca4b4.jpg

The fans are up and cheering as RON GARVIN runs in the ring and pushes Charland back. Garvin stands over Rooney with his fists up. Charland is furious as he walks towards Garvin. Brito steps in and holds Charland back. Charland stares Garvin down, then exits. Garvin calls for Medics as a commercial hits. 

Commercial Break 

Larry Zbysko and ??? vs. El Canek and The Cobra 

1484051026_larryz.jpg.191b83bb9ed53893bacae554b010d3fc.jpgcanek.jpg.b144562d8ceffccc2c1b875970131df6.jpgcobra.jpg.62d019d2a8dbb40b7f20875c706adb0e.jpg

Canek and Cobra wait in the ring as Larry arrogantly walks around the ring and over to Resnick. 

Larry: I told all of you spudheads and you two masked jerks that I had a big surprise this week and I always deliver. Introducing my tag team partner...Giant Haystacks! 

haystacks.jpg.1b0342afe7f24be0e14b24c3dd3ca5e2.jpg

The fans gasp as Haystacks comes walking out. Larry walks over and shakes Haystacks hand, then looks up in the ring smiling. Canek is staring Haystacks down. 

The last time the AWA saw Haystacks was at WrestleRock when Canek won the match via c.o. due to the top rope snapping. 

Canek talks with Cobra. Cobra goes out on the apron. Larry gestures towards Canek then pats Haystacks on the back before going out on the apron. 

Haystacks roars at Canek. The bell rings. Canek swings off the ropes and goes for a shoulder block but Haystacks holds his weight and Canek just bounces off him. Haystacks reaches down and starts choking Canek. The Ref starts the count, reaches 5 and tells Haystacks to break. Haystacks refuses and continues choking away. Cobra runs in and is trying to get Haystacks off but Haystacks sends him flying with a back elbow blast. Larry runs in, picks up Cobra and hurls him over the top rope. Haystacks continues choking Canek. The Ref has no choice but to signal for the bell and DQ Haystacks and Larry Z. 

Haystacks picks up Canek and drops him with a double hand chokeslam! Cobra gets on the apron but Larry kicks him off. Larry goes to the outside and slams Cobra on the concrete. Haystacks picks up Canek, holds him, then drops him with a front slam! Haystacks swings off the ropes and hits a massive elbow drop. Haystacks leaves the ring. Larry points down at Cobra. Haystacks picks up Cobra and front slams him on the concrete! Massive boos as Larry holds up Haystacks arm. 

Commercial Break 

The camera zooms in on the pink glowing 'Beauty Shop' sign then pans down to Brenda Britton. 

britton.jpg.5aec91034fa6881ddb8f0e304ad2e2e2.jpg

Britton: Hi everybody and welcome once again to the number rated segment in wrestling, the Beauty Shop. Wow! You people don't deserve this but my guest tonight is none other than Superstar Bill Dundee! 

Boos as Dundee struts out smiling.

dundee.jpg.92215388ef79c79a0a35272891ee0701.jpg

Dundee: (kisses Brenda's hand) Brenda, the pleasure is all mine. I couldn't think of a better place to return to than the Beauty Shop. 

Britton: Well, you sir are a true gentleman. And let me be the first to welcome you back. You're back here on TV but you actually returned in Milwaukee when you gave that phony King yet another beating. How many times have you beat that guy up? 

Dundee: (laughs, then ponders the question) You know Brenda, to be honest, I've lost count. And to tell you the truth, I never get tired of beating up that fool. and I'm going to do it again! 

Brenda: Is that right? May I ask when? 

Dundee: This is the best part. I get to do it on Labor Day, in his hometown at the Mid South Coliseum. Oh man, I couldn't ask for anything more. 

Britton: Well I'm defiantly going to show up for that. And to tell you the truth, I never get tired of watching you beat up Jerry Jarrett's favorite wrestler. What a night that will be.

Dundee: Indeed it will. Lawler! You know you can never get rid of me boy. Come Labor Day, get ready for another beating you aint ever gonna forget! 

Britton: There you have it from the Superstar himself. Until next week toooodles. 

Commercial Break 

AWA National Tag Team Champs Cabin Fever vs. Sam Smith and Arnie Goldstein 

boone.jpg.aa44af1a20fb06040babc66d7da137c4.jpgmanny.jpg.3f1884c6c4e32d74e23cfa99bf3cc939.jpg

Cabin Fever are on fire tonight. Boone slams Smith, then tags in Manny. Boone swings Smith to the ropes and Manny nails him with the flying burrito for the win! The fans cheer as Cabin Fever hold up their National titles. 

Resnick: National champs Cabin Fever show why they're holding the gold. Right now I want to bring out Carlos Colon. 

Cheers as Colon comes out.

colon.jpg.df5c80283fd3edef392a672cd9d7edea.jpg

Resnick: Carlos, it appears you ran Mr. Ito out of town and we have no idea on the whereabouts of Curtis Iaukea. Before we watch this special video, I have to mention. You were extremely violent in your match with Ito. It's almost like you were a man possessed.

Colon: I did what was necessary. I had to fight fire with fire. That is the only way. The only way to defeat monsters sent in by Iaukea. 

Resnick: Well speaking of monsters, we're about to watch a video straight from Japan with comments by Tiger Jeet Singh. Let's take a look but I must warn our viewers, this could be disturbing. 

singh.jpg.554ad768222c45ae2df06946658147d3.jpg

Singh is standing with his sword.

Singh: Carlos Colon! It's been a long time. During that time I watched and watched, waited and waited for your demise. I paid Curtis Iaukea a vast amount of money and paid for the most blood thirsty beasts on the planet to annihilate and destroy you. However, one by one they all failed. No more money! I must now take matters into my own hands. It began with you and I and it shall end with your blood on my hands! And I will relish that taste! Colon! I'm coming for you! Beware Colon! Your nightmare has just begun. 

Back live 

Colon: Tiger Singh is a deranged and evil man. I've had enough! I will not be the hunted! Singh! It is you who is the hunted. I am the one coming for you! 

Colon leaves. Resnick pauses and shakes his head then goes to commercial.  

Commercial Break 

Footage from Milwaukee as Wahoo McDaniel defeats Nick Bockwinkle in a strap match. 

Lance: Next week, we'll hear from both Wahoo and Bockwinkle. National Champ Austin Idol will be here. Jerry Lawler will be in action. I'll have an update on the conditions of El Canek and The Cobra after that brutal attack by Haystacks and Larry Z. The Great Gagne defends the TV title against Earthquake Ferris. I'll be speaking with AWA world champ Ricky Steamboat. Listen to this main event. After what went down in Milwaukee, The Awesome Twosome will defend the world tag titles against the Golden Boys. Should be a great show. Let's get back to the ring for the debut of The Union. 

The Union (Ranger Ross and Spike Huber) vs. Willie Lopez and Grant Putnam 

ross.jpg.e39b20fbbd68df32d66d42f542be05d2.jpghuber.jpg.a8d1be29fc6f63c5b6aef9f6c591745b.jpg

Ross is decked out in his airborne Ranger gear and waving the United States flag. Huber is in full construction gimmick. 

Union have a solid debut and show off some great chemistry. Huber tags in Ross. Huber atomic drops Putnam into a Ross superkick for the win. 

Resnick: Congratulations Union on your first AWA win. So how did you guys get together?

Ross: As you can see we're two guys who love this country. The military and construction industry are the backbone of America. 

Huber: We're a lot alike and have the same goals and beliefs. The Union is here and....

Boos as Soviet Steel (Markoff and Ustinov) come out waving Russian Flags. 

markoff.jpg.51a9e2ef04ec2538f4c49c2ab0cd9a87.jpgsoldat.jpg.5dadfe7aaa1315b268d99a6edf724a50.jpg

Markoff: Ranger Ross you are nothing but a weak American! That's right, our comrades the Koloff's told us all about you. They say you are pathetic and soft. 

Ross steps up but Ustinov blasts Huber from behind with his flag! Ross turns around and Markoff blasts him with his flag! The Russians stomp away and continue to hit then with their flags. 

Cheers as The Olympians run out and chase the Russians away. Olympians help up the Union as a commercial hits. 

kazmaier.jpg.81cb08bd1b1f0913569371ad5e7ddcfa.jpgbradr.jpg.49257ef1337b50e83953d543fa369183.jpg

Commercial Break 

Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka vs. The Dream Machine w/Paul Jones 

snuka.jpg.96e95419cbbdc9b69d07261afa06ad3f.jpgmachine.png.e180c5330c37db45d22411e07c479f58.pngjones.jpg.6527bd1ab9f3cd627c6ea9b148e8852d.jpg

The bell rings but Jones is arguing with Snuka. Snuka grabs Jones but Dream nails Snuka from behind with a knee to the back. Jones exits as Dream stomps down on Snuka. Dream swings Snuka to the ropes and puts him down with a back elbow smash and follows with a jumping elbow drop 1..2..Kick Out. Dream chokes away on Snuka, picks him up and drops him throat first on the top rope. Dream picks up Snuka and executes a delayed vertical suplex 1..2..Kick Out. A frustrated Dream hurls Snuka out of the ring. Jones runs over and gets a few kicks at Snuka. Dream goes to the outside. He picks up Snuka and swings him towards the steel post but Snuka reverses it and swings Dream into the post! 

Snuka clears the cobwebs as Jones runs away. Snuka hurls Dream back into the ring. Snuka waits on the apron. Dream staggers up as Jimmy slingshots himself into the ring and nails Dream with a diving clothesline 1..2..Kick Out. Snuka swings Dream to the ropes and puts him down with a chop. Snuka picks up Dream and atomic drops him into the turnbuckles. Dream hits hard and staggers back as Snuka executes a back suplex 1..2..Dream barely gets his shoulder up. Snuka picks up Dream and slams him down. The fans go wild as Snuka goes to the top rope. Jones runs over and tries pulling on Snuka's legs. Snuka hops down and chases Jones around the ring. 

Inside the ring, Dream rolls over, reaches in his tights and puts a foreign object in his mask. 

Snuka catches Jones, yanks him back and puts him down with a punch. Snuka slides back in the ring. Dream rakes his eyes, grabs him and hits a jumping headbutt with the loaded mask. Snuka falls back against the ropes and his head is busted open. But wait!  Snuka shakes the cobwebs and gets a crazed look on his face as he stares at Dream. The fans are up and cheering. Dream can't believe it. Snuka slowly walks towards Dream. Dream turns around and bolts over the top rope. Jones staggers over and leads Dream up the aisle as the Ref counts to 10. 

Snuka is bloody but stands tall as the fans cheer. 

Bruise Brothers with a simple 2 step plan, 1. Beat Priceless 2. Regain the AWA World Tag Team Titles.

El Jefe may have to change his tune when Casey gets back.

Ferris gets one over on "The Ace" with a little help from Allen.

Ox & Hayes get another crack at the World Title on Labor Day. Hope the Dragon can come up with a plan for Ox by then.

I think Charland will find "Rugged" Ron to be suitable competition.

Larry Z brings in Giant Haystacks! Yes! Granted they lose but they get their point across.

Superstar vs The King on Labor Day. Mid-South Coluseam just sold out.

Tiger Jeet Singh is back! If you want something done right you gotta do it yourself. Here's hoping they settle it before Colon goes completely insane!

Soviet Steel spoils the debut of the Union but now they've gotta deal with the Olympians.

Snuka absorbs the loaded headbutt! I don't blame Dream Machine & Paul Jones for bailing.

Great job bringing Memphis chaos to AWA crowds.

The Bruise Brothers don't seem to be too concearned with the "new" version of Priceless.....that not serve them well....Wells and Morrow are a dangerous combination

Ferris gets the win over Crews.....he's an awful big man for the Great Gagne to contend with....looking forward to this title match!

I'm such a fan of "El Jefe" , I wish Estrada would have gotten this kind of opportunity IRL to do a character like this....such a great fit for him!

Billy Jack did some serious damage to Steamboat with that Full Nelson then ramming him head first into the post....we may have a new Champion come Labor Day.

WOW, what a mystery partner for Larry Z.....I did not see that coming which makes for the best outcome in these situations.

Soviet Steel vs. The Olympians is what pro wrestling in 1986 is all about!

Dundee vs. Lawler in Memphis on Labor Day! It could be a one match card and still sell out!

Dream Machine and Jones make for quite the duo.....sorry Snuka!

Great show as always!

AWA @ The Ellis Auditorium, Memphis TN 8-8-86

"The Ace" Art Crews defeated Brent Atkins with a knee drop from the top rope

"White Lightning" Tim Horner defeated Rene Goulet with the O'Connor roll up  

"The Hit Sensation" Joe Savoldi and Scott "Powerhouse" Putski battled to a 10 minute draw 

The Fabulous Ones defeated Tony Garea and Steve O with a double dropkick on Garea. Fans chanted "Rock n Roll" throughout the match. 

Jerry "Alright" Allen defeated "Diamond" Timothy Flowers by DQ- Allen was in control when Art Crews hit the ring and attacked him. Flowers and Crews doubled teamed Allen until Tim Horner ran in with a chair to chase them off. 

The Golden Boys vs. The Beasts of Burden w/ Ox Baker 

Fun hard hitting match as these guys just pound into each other. Beasts are ruthless tonight as they work over Kelly pretty good. After taking quite a beating, Kelly finally makes the hot tag to Spivey. Spivey's on fire as he puts Morgan down with a back elbow smash. Nord runs in but Spivey clotheslines him down. Morgan staggers up and turns towards the wrong corner. Kelly nails him with a big punch, Morgan spins around and into a big boot from Spivey 1..2..3! After the match, Golden Boys exit. Ox regroups his men and has a serious conversation with them. 

The Bruise Brothers vs. Priceless

Heat filled match. Bruise Brothers used their power while Priceless relied on heel tactics. After 15 minutes, all 4 men were in the ring fighting. Snowman and Cash send Wells flying out of the ring with a double jumping headbutt. Bruise Bros swing Morrow to the ropes and double back drop him. The Ref is guiding Cash back to his corner, Snowman hoists Morrow up for a vertical suplex but Wells runs in with a chair and nails Snowman behind the knee. Morrow falls on top. Cash sees this and charges at Wells while the Ref turns around and counts 1..2..3. Cash hammers away on Wells but Morrow gets up, runs over and nails him with a forearm blast from behind. Morrow holds Cash as Wells blasts him over the head with the chair.

Priceless go to the ringside table, pop open a bottle of champagne and toast to their victory as the fans boo. Morrow gets on the house mic "To show we are not bad guys, this is for our defeated opponents" Morrow is about to pour a bit of champagne on the ground but Wells stops him and they both laugh. "On second thought, they are not worth it"  This just infuriates the fans even more. 

Jerry "The King" Lawler/Wahoo McDaniel and Ricky Morton w/ Robert Gibson vs. AWA National Champ Austin Idol/Superstar Bill Dundee and Nick Bockwinkle 

Action packed main event that goes over 45 minutes. The match is full of drama and excitement and keeps the fans on the edge of their seats. At the end, Bock and Wahoo are trading punches and chops in the corner. Morton hits a flying press on Idol that sends them both over the top rope. Lawler and Dundee are having a furious Memphis punch exchange in the middle of the ring. Wahoo chops Bock through the ropes. Wahoo climbs to the top rope and comes down with a tomahawk chop on the back of Dundee's head, Lawler covers 1..2..3! 

As the bell rings, Idol and Morton are still fighting on the outside. The Fabulous Ones run out and attack Morton! They lift him up and slam his head on the apron. They head towards the injured Gibson. Thank goodness Lawler and Wahoo run out to chase them off. As the Fabs leave, Bock, Dundee and Idol run over and continue the fight. The fans get some bonus action as the fight keeps going for another few minutes. 

Crews shows Atkins why he's the Ace!

"White Lighting" wins in a flash.

"The Hit Sensation" vs "Powerhouse". I love your nicknames!

I'm sure the Fabs loved those Rock n Roll chants.

Crews & Diamond is a heel duo with some serious legs.

The Beasts of Burden better get their shit together. You can only disappoint Ox so many times.

Priceless with the dirty win & a major dick move afterwards. Love it!

Classic Spaldoni multi man main event with a lot of moving pieces & action that doesn't end at the bell. Through in the Fabs inserting themselves & you've got another wild Memphis finish.

Tim Horner is quietly racking up the wins here!

Savoldi and Putski have a lot of potential here, I'll be keeping an eye on them 

The Fabs continue to rub it in with the double drop kick...though the fans seem to stick it right back to them with the chants

Wow...Beasts of Burden just can't seem to get it together....Ox can't be happy.

Nice win for Priceless! I absolutely LOVE the post match antics with the champagne! Classic Morrow!!

HUGE MAIN EVENT! Lawler gets the pin on Dundee thanks to Wahoo! The Fabs get them a piece of Morton but Gibson gets spared thanks to The King and Wahoo! 

Solid show! 

Sorry for falling behind here...

First for the TV show..

Interesting to see George Wells go after the Brusie Brothers after his relationship with Cash.  Bruise Brothers-Priceless is one of my favorite angles in the game.

Renick coughing after El Jefe and the cigar smoke is one of those little details you add to make it all more vivid.  Nice creative writing.  El Jefe is a great Dawn of War character.

Nice chaotic win by Ferris to earn the shot at Great Gagne.  I'm sure Gagne will figure some dirty tactic to find a way to put down Earthquake.

I my opinion, Ox Baker makes everything better... including the big match between Steamboat and Billy Jack.  Billy Jack with his style and power makes a great heel.  Nice use of him here.  I struggled to figure out what to do with him.

Charland-Ron Garvin makes a nice Canadian feud!  If Garvin comes out on top, he might be ready to roll.  \

Larry Z always tends to find some big help to do his dirty work ... not sure he will ever find someone bigger than Haystacks .  Everytime I see that picutre of EL Canek, I think it is Hogan under a mask and wonder if I missed a trade.

Nice use of the Beauty shop as we hype up one of the greatest feuds in all of wrestling in the 1980's

Awesome segment with Tiger Jeet not willing to pay any more money to put down Colon.  This feud is for all the marbles.  Can't wait to see which way you go?

Great main event with Snuka and Dream.  Snuka has one hard head!!

ON TO THE ELIIS AUD

NIce set of opening matches that see some feuds progess but for me the card reall got going when Ox had a serious conversation with Beast of Burden.  This would scare the crap out of me!

Wells gets the first laugh vs the Bruise Brothers but it might not be the last.  Nice touch when they decided not to waste the champagne.

Great main event with Lawler covering Dundee for the win.  The chaos after the match sets everything up nicely for the next TV show.  There are going to be a lot of fired up people looking for some revenge.

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 8-13-86

Lance Russell: Hello everybody and welcome to another edition of AWA Major League Wrestling. Tremendous show lined up as you will see 2 title bouts. The Great Gagne will defend the TV title against Earthquake Ferris. Also, the Awesome Twosome will defend the AWA world tag titles against the Golden Boys. Speaking of champs, National Champ Austin Idol will be in action and I'll be speaking with AWA world champ Ricky Steamboat as well as Jerry Lawler. Wahoo McDaniel will be in the ring as will Jerry Allen. And the Olympians will take on Soviet Steel. Ken Resnick will be interviewing the Rock n Roll Express. Well we're going to get things rolling with a bang. Let's get to the ring.

AWA World Tag Team Title Bout 

The Awesome Twosome (C) vs. The Golden Boys 

In Milwaukee, the Golden Boys were on the verge of winning the titles but the champs simply walked away and got counted out. That didn't work for Jeff Jarrett, so he signed the immediate rematch. 

The champs look more focused tonight but so do the challengers. Golden Boys take it to the champs for the first few minutes. The champs are bouncing and bumping all over the ring. Things change when Kelly has Adias locked in a headlock but Hennig jumps off the top rope and nails Kelly from behind with a double axehandle. 

Adias and Hennig work over Kelly. Hennig swings Kelly to the ropes and puts him down with a drop toe hold as Adias follows with a jumping elbow drop 1..2..Spivey drops a knee on Adias. Hennig charges but Spivey sends him flying with a big right punch. Spivey goes back to his corner and cheers Kelly on. Adias swings Kelly to the corner and charges but Kelly nails him with a back elbow, then dives over and tags in Spivey. 

The fans are up and cheering as Spivey swings Adias to the ropes and puts him down with a big boot. Hennig runs in but Spivey clotheslines him down. Spivey picks up Adias and spins him around but Adias's boot hits the Ref and the Ref goes down. 

Thundering boos as Ox Baker leads the Beasts of Burden to the ring. The Beasts yank Kelly off the apron and double team him, then swing him into the steel post. Spivey runs out and punches away on the Beasts but the numbers game catches up and the Beasts do a number on Spivey. Morgan holds Spivey up as Nord blasts him with his big boot. Nord then picks up Spivey and this time Morgan nails him with his big boot. The Beasts hurl a lifeless Spivey back into the ring. The champs are stunned but shrug their shoulders. Hennig wakes up the Ref as Adias covers Spivey 1..2..3! 

Before the Beasts leave, they pick up Kelly and drop him throat first on the guard railing. Ox nods and smiles in approval as he leads the Beasts out. Meanwhile, the Awesome Twosome are celebrating like they won the Super bowl. 

Commercial Break 

Resnick: Fans, what we just saw was nothing short of despicable. The Golden Boys had to be helped out of here. Last week El Canek and The Cobra were brutally beaten by Larry Zbyszko and Giant Haystacks and now this week, the Golden Boys are attacked by Ox Baker's Beasts. And with me now are the world tab team champs, the Awesome Twosome. Clearly you can't be satisfied with that cheap win?

Adias: Hey, we had nothing to do with that. But it wouldn't of mattered because you and all these fans saw that we had the match in total control. 

Hennig: Indeed we did! Now look Resnick, we are the Awesome Twosome for a reason. These belts prove we're the best tag team in the AWA. However, I've been thinking. Since we are that awesome, I think we should have all the gold. That's right, on Labor Day weekend, we want a match with those fake second rate champs Cabin Fever and make it title vs. title. 

Adias is taken aback by that.

Adias: Hold up Curt. You know those Beasts are some bad monsters and Cabin Fever beat them in a cage. Maybe we should think about this.

Curt: Brian, are we awesome? Are we the best team in wrestling? Of course we are. So let's solidify all that and be the one and only unified tag champions. Don't worry about a thing, those bar room brawlers don't stand a chance against a superior team like us. 

They exit but Adias doesn't seem as confident. 

Resnick: Ok, big challenge made by the world champs. I certainly wasn't expecting that. We'll be right back. 

Commercial Break 

Chief Wahoo McDaniel vs. Todd Rooney 

wahoo.jpg.85b7215463f8416a3ed4f4520bdd14ac.jpg

Wahoo looks good tonight and wins the match with a tomahawk chop. 

Resnick: Wahoo, come on over. I've been informed that on the big Labor Day Show in Memphis, you and Nick Bockwinkle will go at  it one more time and the winner will receive a world title shot. 

Wahoo: Nick and I have gone back and forth. I'll be honest Ken, it felt really good beating him in the strap match but it's going to feel even better when I beat him and get a shot at the world title. The world title is why I'm here and if I have to go through Bockwinkle for my shot, then that's exactly what I'm going to do. 

Commercial Break 

Jerry "Alright" Allen vs. Gary Williams 

allen.jpg.b44fa23b3fe60e2e4393e56f48362e22.jpg

Allen excites the fans with some high  flying offense before winning the match with a Superplex! Allen pumps his fists and yells "Alright!" 

Commercial Break 

Resnick: Fans, right now we're going to show you a video of what went down a couple days ago in Japan. 

Tiger Jeet Singh is heading to the ring as fans run away while he swings his sword at them. From behind he's hit by CARLOS COLON! Pure chaos follows as they have a wild 10 minute brawl all over the place. Many wrestlers and security have to get involved. Colon has a look of rage while Singh looks a bit dazed. 

Resnick: My goodness, I was shocked when I saw this. I had no idea Colon ventured to Japan just to get a crack at Singh. After these events, Jarret has signed Colon vs. Singh on Labor Day. They better amp up security for that one. We'll be back for the debut of a second generation wrestler. 

Commercial Break 

Scott "Powerhouse" Putski vs. Willie Lopez 

putski.jpg.67044e38c0e3ca3225c6eefa28899ee0.jpg

The young muscleman has a solid showing and wins the match with a powerslam. 

Resnick: Scott Putski, welcome to the AWA. I'm sure your dad is very proud of you. 

Scott: Thanks Ken, I know it's going to be a challenge living up to the Putski name but I'm here in the AWA to do just that. 

A voice yells "YO! YO! YO!" and then the Vin Man pops up on screen.

vin.jpg.b8e1273e6aadc39b3657fe9bf23f5f70.jpg

Resnick: Vinnie Valentino, what in the world are you doing here? 

Vin: First off, why are you wasting your time with this clown? 

Resnick: Ok, that's enough. It is Scott's time. Why don't you hold on and I'll talk to you later.

Vin: Vin Man waits for no one. 

Scott: You know, you have a big mouth. Perhaps I should shut it? 

Vin: Yea, you might want to think twice. You see, the Vin Man is back and back with a vengeance baby! I have put together a stronger, better and more cohesive family. Let me introduce you. First, here's the Hit Sensation Joe Savoldi. 

savoldi.jpg.33dc790f23375cfefe1c9c91a8a2b631.jpg

Savoldi arrogantly walks out wearing slacks, silk shirt and gold chain. He goes right up to Putski. 

Savoldi: You came at the wrong time punk because I'm the AWA's newest sensation and you're definitely not. 

Putski: Seems you both like to talk. Well why don't we match skills in the ring. 

Vin and Savoldi laugh.

Vin: Hold on clown. Let me introduce my other 2 family members. The Ace Art Crews and Diamond Timothy Flowers. 

crews.jpg.7ee72399489da8f89b3bbfa6eed9bd38.jpgflowers.jpg.70f3a6574b4bf0623f098581cf2d1c10.jpg

Boos as Flowers ( wearing a glitter jacket with diamonds all over) and Crews(wearing a black vest with an Ace card on back) come out then hug Vin and Savoldi. 

Vin: Just look at this group. I have a hit sensation, an Ace and a diamond. Doesn't get any better. 

The family surrounds Putski and start pushing him. Putski swings away but the 4 men start beating him down with elbows to the top of his head. 

Cheers as Jerry Allen runs out but 4 on 1 is to much and Allen takes a beating. 

Vin: Vin Man's Family is here and everybody better take notice. Vin Man...Yea!

Commercial Break 

AWA National Champ "The Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol vs. Trent Watkins 

idol.jpg.29a92f1f4ea889626b09a958d8d997fd.jpg

Idol wins the match with his Las Vegas leglock. Idol puts his foot on his fallen opponent and gives the booing fans a bicep pose.

Resnick: Austin Idol, you recently barely walked away with you National title against Jerry Lawler, thanks to some help from Bill Dundee. And now I've been told that next week on TV, there will be a battle royal and the winner gets a National title shot Labor Day weekend. 

Idol: First things first. I don't need any help beating up Lawler. That's an easy job because I've never considered Lawler a challenge. Now as far as the battle royal goes, I could care less on who wins it because there isn't anybody in the AWA that can take this title from me. Just look at me Resnick, I am the Universal Heartthrob and I'm your National Champion! 

Commercial Break 

The Olympians vs. Soviet Steel 

Pretty good back and forth hard hitting match. Olympians use their combination of power and Technical skills while the Russians break all the rules. Just as the Olympians get some momentum going. The Union hit the ring and attack Soviet Steel. The Ref signals for the DQ as The Union clear the ring of Soviet Steel. 

Resnick: Ok, the Olympians and Union are heading over. Ranger Ross and Spike Huber, it appears you guys had a score to settle but ended up causing the Olympians their match. 

Ross: Brad, Bill, we're very sorry. Last week Soviet Steel attacked us and we were fired up. That was selfish of us and again, we're sorry. 

Brad: Look, we get it. Tempers flared and hey we've all been there. Lets just move on. 

Huber: Sounds good. Soviet Steel! You've got two teams coming after you and you better be on high alert! 

Commercial Break 

A music video with highlights of Iceman King Parsons is shown. 

iceman.jpg.942aa937ffd81be88810439138b3e53b.jpg

"The Iceman is coming!" 

Resnick: Fans' please welcome out Jerry "The King" Lawler 

lawler.jpg.7202793afa6a4c006d2626dc2929d3ac.jpg

Huge ovation as Lawler comes out in jeans and a collared shirt. 

Resnick: Jerry, once again, it will be you and Bill Dundee on Labor Day at the Mid South Coliseum. 

Lawler: You know I heard Austin Idol out here shooting off his mouth and rest assured Idol, I haven't forgotten about you and you and I have unfinished business. Right now my business at hand is you Bill Dundee. You're like that pesky mosquito that just wont go away. On Labor Day I'm going to smash you like a mosquito and make sure you don't get up. 

Commercial Break 

The camera zooms in on the glowing pink "Beauty Shop" sign then pans down to Brenda Britton. 

Britton: Hi everybody and welcome to the highest rated segment in wrestling, the Beauty Shop. Now, you all know I've been on a roll with the best guests ever. Well I'm afraid tonight's guest might not live up to my previous guests. I'm not sure he even speaks English. Ok, let's just get this over with. My guest is Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka.

snuka.jpg.96e95419cbbdc9b69d07261afa06ad3f.jpg

Massive cheers as Snuka comes out and flashes the "I love you" sign. 

Britton: Why do you flash these idiots that sign? Do you really love them? 

Snuka: Yes, I do.

Britton: Yuck, you have horrible taste. And you also have a hard head, which doesn't surprise me. Last week, during your match with Dream Machine, you proved to me that you're nothing but a freak.

Snuka: Dream Machine made a grave mistake and I sent him running. Him and I will meet again. Dream Machine, the clock is ticking forward and the Superfly is getting closer.

Britton: I can't make sense of anything you just said. Something that does make sense is Dream Machine beating you up and trust me he will. And let's not forget his brilliant manager Paul Jones. You're in big trouble buster.

Snuka: We shall see who's the one in trouble. If Paul Jones wants to get in my face then I will be more than happy to rearrange his. 

Britton: You're a violent person and I fear for my safety. That's it for this week. Until next week tooooodles. 

Snuka gives Britton a crazy look and Britton screams and runs away. The fans cheer as Snuka smiles and winks at them. 

Commercial Break 

Steve O vs. Ray Glader 

Steve hits a vertical suplex and follows with a jumping knee drop for the win. 

Commercial Break

Resnick: Fans, please welcome out the Rock n Roll Express! 

rnr.jpg.c6301e1ecc8e7b5c51cf68655e66fa6e.jpg

Huge pop as RnR high five the men and hug the woman. 

Resnick: On Labor Day, the AWA is going to get the long awaited match between you two and the Fabulous Ones. You guys have had your run ins and the Fabs reinjured your ankle Robert. I have to ask, will you be 100% by Labor Day? 

Thundering boos as the Fabulous Ones strut out.

fabs.jpg.d63d7e86f6d1ec0ca469ee25a6727ad8.jpg

Resnick: Just hold on, I don't want anymore trouble out here tonight.

Lane: (smiling) There wont be any trouble. We just want to remind these two Fab rip offs and all these turncoat fans just who the greatest team in wrestling is. 

Keirn: That's right it's the Fabulous Ones. (looks at Morton) How about it punk, is your boy going to be ready or is he going to leave you hanging again? 

Morton: As a matter of fact we do have something to share. Go ahead and tell them Robert.

Robert: The Doctor cleared me! 

The fans are up and cheering as RnR attack the Fabs! Morton hammers away on Keirn as Gibson lays into Lane. RnR swing the Fabs into each other. Gibson grabs Lane and atomic drops him as Morton puts him down with a punch. RnR hurl Keirn into the ring, swing him to the ropes and put him down with a double dropkick! The fans are screaming and cheering as RnR are pumped up tonight! 

Commercial Break 

We come back as a camera zooms in on a yacht. Gerry Morrow and George Wells are sitting on the upper deck sipping away on champagne. 

Morrow: After our recent victory over the Bum Brothers, Priceless decided to take a few days off to enjoy the good life. 

Wells: After all, this is what's it's all about. 

Priceless laugh and have a toast. 

Commercial Break 

AWA TV Title Bout 

The Great Gagne (C) w/Johnny Valiant vs. Earthquake Ferris 

gagne.jpg.085d8e429a64a34587adac4978766b0b.jpg349564963_johnnyV.jpg.827e3c2392565f67a87b52b01079d159.jpgferris.jpg.034e7a845971fb6af3ca807c26ef907e.jpg

Gagne and Valiant are oozing arrogance. Gagne is wearing a sweater around his neck and a Newsboy Cap on his head. Valiant takes the TV title off Gagne's waist and raises it high. They have a number of insulting words for Ferris. 

The bell rings. Gagne and Ferris lock up and Ferris pushes Gagne across the ring. Gagne rolls out of the ring as Valiant runs over and hugs him. This riles up the fans. Gagne takes his time and finally hops on the apron. Gagne argues with the fans while he grips the ropes. Ferris walks over, pulls the ropes and Gagne flips into the ring. Ferris swings Gagne to the ropes and gives him a big back drop. Gagne staggers up and tries to run out of the ring but Ferris grabs him, hoists him up and slams him down. Gagne is screaming as he favors his back. Ferris picks Gagne up, swings him to the ropes and clotheslines him down. Ferris swings off the ropes and hits a big elbow drop 1..2..Valiant hops on the apron and the Ref stops the count. The Ref and Valiant are arguing. 

Ferris heads over, grabs Valiant and lifts him up off his feet. Valiant is pleading for his life. Gagne staggers up, runs over and nails Ferris from behind with a high knee. Ferris collides with Valiant, Gagne uses the momentum and rolls Ferris over and pulls his tights 1..2..3! 

BOOOOOOOS! 

Gagne rolls out of the ring and helps Valiant up. They grab the TV title and get out of there as Ferris fumes in the ring. 

Commercial Break 

Resnick: I have to say, Gagne and Valiant were lucky to get out of there alive. Earthquake Ferris was robbed, what a shame. Switching gears, On Labor Day at the Mid South Coliseum, Ricky Steamboat will defend the AWA world title in a rematch with Billy Jack Haynes. Please welcome out the AWA world champ, Ricky Steamboat.

steamboat.jpg.f258382c5b574a8f90e2e8565b4ed890.jpg

Huge pop as Steamboat comes out in slacks and a white long sleeve dress shirt. The title is on his shoulder. 

Resnick: Ricky, last time Billy put that full nelson on you and rammed you into the steel post. I'm sure that had you rattled a bit but looks to me like your focused and ready for another match with him. 

Steamboat: Make no mistake about it, Billy Jack is one of the strongest and most powerful man I've ever been in the ring with. Yea, I felt what it was like to be in his full nelson and my head sure felt that steel post. But guess what Billy Jack? I'm here and I'm still standing! It's going to take a lot more than that to put me down and if that's the best you've got then you're in serious trouble my friend. Come Labor Day, we meet again and I promise you this, you're going down and I'm walking out with this title! 

I don't know why Ox & his Beasts are doing but I'm glad I'm not a Golden Boy.

Huge post match challenge by Henning. Adias is definitely the smart one of the pair not wanting any of Cabin Fever.

Wahoo/Bockwinkel 3 winner gets a World Title shot!

Colon can't wait to get his hands on Singh so he heads to Japan!

Vin Man's new family make a statement dropping Allen & Putski.

The Union gets a bit overzealous & accidentally give Soviet Steel a win over the Olympians.

Loved Snuka on the Beauty Shop.

Rock n Roll get the jump on the Fabulous Ones.

Valiant pulls his weight helping "The Great" Gagne retain.

A series of money promos really hype the Labor Day show.

Great opening segment with the World Tag Titles on the line...  The Beast are truly Monsters as Adias says.  Hope Hennig didn't bite off more than he can chew.  

Wahoo vs Bock- Title shot on the line... All good with me.

Colon on the attack in Japan... Awesome... gives off that idea that the AWA is a World power.  Also nice touch with the fans running from Tiger Jeet as he swings the sword.  You always add in those little touches that make it even better.  Speaking of little touches, I think you do a great job of capturing Ken Resnick.

Putski the Younger is here but he seems to have gotten in the way of Vin Man and his new family.... Vin Man better be careful.  He still has some enemies around the AWA

Battle Royals are always fun but when you add that the winner gets a title shot, it is even better.  Get ready Austin Idol.

Olympians vs Soviet Stell... great 80's midcard feud.  This one makes the money!

Iceman is coming... looking forward to seeing what you do with him.  

Snuka on with Brenda was great.  All I kept thinking about was when Snuka went on Piper's Pit in real life and the coconuts were smashing and the set was destroyed.

RNR Express-Fab Ones... It doesn't get any better than this.  They could wrestle every night for 6 months and people would still watch.

In this game, we have seen Bob Backlund become a great heel and now Greg Gagne has followed the path to the dark side.  To me, in real life, these two were BOORING.  In Dawn of War, they are great!  Nice job to you and the WWF.

Show starts out hot with the World Tag titles on the line! The Beasts get some payback! Can't blame Adias for not wanting to stir things up with Cabin Fever when they are already have the World titles!

Wahoo vs. Bock with the winner getting a title shot...I know who I'm pulling for...

Jerry "Alright" Allen is coming along here, you are the king of finding a gimmick to add some much needed personality to these middle and undercard guys....I need to work on that myself.

The "Vin Man" is back with a new and even bigger and better family! I for one am I excited to see him back!

Idol to defend against the winner of a battle royal....this is always fun! Heel Idol is always great on the mic!

Looking forward to seeing the Iceman in the AWA!!

The Fabs vs. The Rock & Roll Express has so much potential...I can't wait for these two teams to go at it in the ring!

The Great Gagne retains! Hell yeah!! I still can't believe you've found a way to make Greg Gagne entertaining...lol, kudos my friend! 

Steamboat/Billy Jack could go either way....I'm intrigued to see who comes out as champion here!

Great show as always bud!

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 8-20-86

Lance Russell: Hello everybody and welcome to another edition of AWA Major League Wrestling. Tonight's main event will be a battle royal and the winner will get a National Title shot on Labor Day in Memphis against Austin Idol. Also tonight, Tim Horner will wrestle Timothy Flowers and the winner will get a TV title shot against Greg Gagne in 2 weeks. All that and a lot more, so let's get to the ring. 

AWA National Tag Team Champs Cabin Fever vs. Willie Lopez and Vic Dutro

manny.jpg.3f1884c6c4e32d74e23cfa99bf3cc939.jpgboone.jpg.aa44af1a20fb06040babc66d7da137c4.jpg

Grizzly Boone body slams Dutro down, then tags in Manny. Boone swings Dutro to the ropes and Manny hits the flying burrito for the pin. Cheers as Cabin Fever hold their titles high then head to ringside to talk with Ken Resnick. 

Resnick: I'm sure you guys were as surprised as I was when AWA world tag champs the Awesome Twosome challenged you to a titles vs. titles match in Labor Day. 

Manny: Yea we were a bit thrown back but hey if the awesome twosome want to have a match for all the marbles, well then Cabin Fever is game. Every team's goal is to wear those world title straps and Cabin Fever is no different. Come Labor Day we'll be holding all the titles high baby! 

Boos as the Awesome Twosome come out. 

Adias: Look, we're...

Curt: Hold on a second Brian, I'll handle this. The reason we issued the challenge to you two morons is simple. We want to prove without a shadow of a doubt just who is the best team is in the AWA, which is of course us and we get to prove that on Labor Day. Then, when we're done with you two chumps, it's on to all the other territories and promotions and we're going to win their titles. That's right, we're not only going to prove that we're the best team in the AWA but that we're the best team in the world period! 

Brian gives Curt a puzzled look.

Manny: You know Curt, you seem confident and full of yourself but don't make the mistake of looking past Cabin Fever.

Boone: Because that could cost you dearly!

Cabin Fever exits. 

Brian continues looking at Curt with a puzzled look. Curt smiles and puts his arm around him and escorts him out. 

Resnick: I think Curt Hennig might be looking to far past Cabin Fever. Regardless, that's going to be a great match on Labor Day. 

Commercial Break 

"Superstar" Bill Dundee vs. Todd Rooney 

dundee.jpg.92215388ef79c79a0a35272891ee0701.jpg

Dundee is having a great time tonight. He hurls Rooney out of the ring then follows. Dundee lifts Rooney up and chokes him in front of the camera and yells "This is for you Lawler!" Dundee hurls Rooney back in the ring. Dundee executes a vertical suplex. Dundee struts around, then goes to the top rope and crashes down with the Bombs Away for the win. 

Resnick: Superstar Dundee, it's you and Lawler once again at the Mid South Coliseum on Labor Day. 

Dundee: Listen up Daddy, Lawler and I have gone around and around and back around again. As you just saw, I'm fired up and ready to beat up on Lawler yet again. I wont be satisfied until I run him out of the AWA and Daddy after I get through with him on Labor Day, that phony King is going to hang his head in shame right there in his hometown! 

Commercial Break 

Winner gets a TV title shot in 2 weeks

"White Lightning" Tim Horner vs. "Diamond" Timothy Flowers w/ The Vin Man 

horner.jpg.3f3fa9f74f52d16c51d81836dff7c1ee.jpgflowers.jpg.70f3a6574b4bf0623f098581cf2d1c10.jpg

The bell rings but Vin Man walks up to Horner and starts berating him. The fans cheer as Horner pushes Vinnie through the ropes. Flowers nails Horner from behind with a forearm blast. Flowers swings Horner to the ropes and flips him over with a knee to the gut. Flowers stomps away on Horner and covers but Horner kicks out at 1. Flowers chokes away on Horner, picks him up and slams his head on the turnbuckle. Flowers grabs Horner by the hair and hurls him out of the ring. Flowers distracts the Ref as Vinnie puts the boots to Horner. Horner finally gets up on the apron but Flowers rakes his eyes and suplexes him back in the ring 1..2..Kick Out. 

Flowers gets up and berates the Ref. Vinnie is up on the apron holding up 3 fingers while yelling at the Ref. Finally Flowers turns his attention back on Horner. Flowers reaches down to pick him up but Horner cradles him 1..2..3! 

Big Pop! 

Flowers and Vinnie throw a tantrum as Horner slides out of the ring and celebrates with the fans. 

Commercial Break 

The Beasts of Burden and Billy Jack Haynes w/Ox Baker vs. Gary Williams, Trent Watkins and Carl Kellerman 

Total destruction! Beasts swing Watkins to the ropes and put him down with a double boot shot. They tag in Billy Jack. Billy lifts Watkins up and clamps on the full nelson. The Ref signals for the bell but Billy Jack keeps wrenching away. Williams and Kellerman enter the ring to help their partner but the Beasts beat them down. Billy tosses Watkins across the ring. Ox enters the ring. Billy picks up Watkins and holds him as Ox nails him with his heart punch! 

Massive boos as Ox leads his men to ringside where a nervous Resnick awaits. 

bjh.jpg.9b6e7dcfa21b679b5ac331d3dca0c843.jpgnord.jpg.c8dddd0f870bc577e0bdc6327ba858b2.jpgrip.jpg.79204e93ea07378975a297575080f041.jpgox.jpg.2587ca9dae80e4ced602e0119d4df767.jpg

Resnick: I...that was just brutal and uncalled for. Just look at the Medics as they're bringing in a stretcher for poor Trent Watkins. 

Ox: Resnick! This is just the beginning. Last week my Beasts laid waste to those soft Golden Boys. Why? Because my Beasts wanted to show me they still have that killer instinct. (Looks at Morgan and Nord) Mission accomplished, well done! What just happened was icing on the cake. I love it! Now, Ricky Steamboat, I sure hope you watched this. Billy Jack sent you a message and brother you're next to feel the power of his full nelson. Nobody gets out of his vice clamp and I mean nobody! That means you Steamboat! On Labor Day, Billy Jack Haynes is walking away with the AWA world title. That's a fact and a painful fact for you Steamboat! 

Billy Jack: Steamboat! You're mine boy! 

Commercial Break 

We come back to a scene in an expensive restaurant. Priceless (Gerry Morrow and George Wells) are wearing suits and sitting at a table. The waiters set their food down on the table.

Morrow: (looks in disgust) What is dis? Dis is not what we ordered! 

Wells: Take it back! Now! 

Priceless swipe the plates off the table! The waiters scramble to pick it up and head to the back. 

Morrow: Such incompetence. It will not ruin our expensive night out. Let us enjoy a bottle of de very best.

Wells: A toast, to none other than the good life. It's a shame those stupid waiters messed everything up because they will not be getting a tip.

Priceless laugh and toast.

The waiters return.

Morrow: Do not waste anymore of our time. Do your job and leave immediately!

The waiters dump the food on Priceless!

The camera pans up and it's the BRUISE BROTHERS!

The Bruise Brothers smash their trays on Morrow and Well's heads. Bruise Brothers pick up Priceless and slam them on the floor! Bruise Brothers smile, grab the champagne and pour it all over Priceless. Waiters in the background are cheering.

Commercial Break . 

Dream Machine w/Paul Jones vs. Neil Jordan 

machine.png.e180c5330c37db45d22411e07c479f58.pngjones.jpg.6527bd1ab9f3cd627c6ea9b148e8852d.jpg

Dream swings Jordan to the ropes and puts him down with a back elbow smash, then follows with a jumping elbow drop for the pin. 

Resnick: Paul Jones, your man Dream Machine and Jimmy Snuka are having some issues. We all saw Dream Machine try and put Snuka down with a foreign object in his mask but that failed miserably. Just what is your strategy now? 

Jones: First of all, Dream Machine would never resort to such cheap tactics. Snuka is nothing but a freak. Trust me Ken, next time they meet, Dream Machine will show that freak who he's dealing with. 

Dream: That's right babay! Dream Machine wants gold and babay I deserve it! But now I have to get rid of this freak first. I will do just that. The freak's  not in my league, it's as simple as that. 

Commercial Break 

The camera zooms in on the pink glowing "Beauty Shop" sign then pans down to Brenda Britton. 

Britton: Hi everybody and welcome once again to the highest rated segment in wrestling. Tonight will be box office gold because my guest is none other than the legendary Nick Bockwinkle. 

Bock comes out looking like a million bucks. 

bock2.jpg.b204ac628a7202f37483e6932d1d1c09.jpg

Britton: Mr. Bockwinkle, this is an absolute honor and privilege to have such a class act on my show.

Bock: Please Brenda, call me Nick. 

Britton: Wow, ok, Nick. On Labor Day, you and Wahoo McDaniel will wrestle one more time and this time the winner will get a world title shot. Let's run down your AWA history with Wahoo. In May during a tournament, you two wrestled to a draw, which I know you would of won with just 1 more minute. At WrestleRock, you got the win by the Referee stopping the match, very wise officiating. Then a few weeks ago he defeated you in a strap match. Now that wasn't fair was it? 

Bock: You're right, it wasn't fair. You see, Wahoo defeated me in a match meant for savages. Clearly I am the superior wrestler and I proved that in our wrestling matches. I will prove that on Labor Day. There will be no strap, there will be rules to follow, something Wahoo isn't to good at. I will outwrestle and outsmart him. Then when this is all said and done, I will take the AWA world title and put it where it rightfully belongs, around my waist. 

Britton: You're so articulate. You summed it up so well. This has been a joy. Until next week, tooooodles. 

Commercial Break 

The Union vs. Patrick McManus and Arnie Goldstein

ross.jpg.e39b20fbbd68df32d66d42f542be05d2.jpghuber.jpg.a8d1be29fc6f63c5b6aef9f6c591745b.jpg

Cheers as the patriotic team enters the ring. Ross is waving the American Flag as Huber holds up his sledgehammer. 

Good showcase as the Union is in sync tonight. Ross nails Goldstein with a superkick as Huber follows with a powerslam for the win! 

WHAM! 

Soviet Steel hits the ring and nails the Union from behind with their Russian flags! Soviet Steel hammers away with their flags.

Cheers as The Olympians hit the ring and clean house. 

Olympians help up the Union. The Union push the Olympians away and get up on their own. Clearly they're pissed at the Russians. Union calm down and shake hands and thank the Olympians. 

Commercial Break 

Tony Garea vs. William Hillman

garea.jpg.fdab311a285b220aa6cdb91477b7e85b.jpg

Garea wins the match with an abominable stretch. 

Commercial Break 

Larry Zbyszko and Giant Haystacks vs. Sam Smith and Kevin Hodges 

1484051026_larryz.jpg.191b83bb9ed53893bacae554b010d3fc.jpghaystacks.jpg.1b0342afe7f24be0e14b24c3dd3ca5e2.jpg

Larry executes a swinging neckbreaker on Hodges, then tags in Haystacks. Haystacks crashes down with an elbow drop for the decisive win. 

Resnick: Larry, you and Haystacks make quite the team. I've been informed that on Labor Day, the two of you will meet El Canek and Cobra. 

Larry: I just have to laugh at the thought of that. You and all these spudheads saw what we did to them. I mean we annihilated them. Why would they want to experience that again? Are they stupid? I guess they are.

Haystacks: Canek! We have unfinished business and I will finish it! 

Haystacks almost knocks Resnick over with a roar. 

Camera cuts to Lance Russell

Lance: Moments like that I don't envy Ken Resnick. Fans next week, the Rock n Roll Express will be in action. Jerry Lawler will also be in the ring. TV Champ The Great Gagne will be here. Soviet Steel clashes with The Union.  Listen to this main event. Billy Jack Haynes and The Dream Machine will take on Jimmy Snuka and the AWA world champion Ricky Steamboat. Should be an outstanding match up. Our big battle royal when we come back. 

Commercial Break 

BATTLE ROYAL- Winner gets a National Title shot on Labor Day 

Participants- Ron Garvin, Jose Estrada, Richard Charland (w/Gino Brito), Rene Goulet, Steve O, Earthquake Ferris, Art Crews and Joe Savoldi (W/The Vin Man), Scott Putski, Jerry Allen

The wrestlers enter the ring one by one. Estrada is the last man as he arrogantly walks to the ring with a cigar in his mouth.

WHAM! 

Estrada is attacked from behind by SCOTT CASEY! Casey pounds away on Estrada with a cowbell!  Casey puts the boots to him while hitting him with the cowbell until security runs out and stops him. Clearly Estrada will not be participating in tonight's battle royal. 

The bell rings and the wrestlers turn their attention back to each other. 

Rene Goulet is eliminated by Ron Garvin. . 

Steve O is eliminated by Earthquake Ferris.

Earthquake Ferris is eliminated by Richard Charland.

Art Crews, Joe Savoldi, Scott Putski and Jerry Allen all go over in a pile and continue fighting on the outside as Vin Man joins in. 

Ron Garvin and Richard Charland are the final two.

Brito is on the outside yelling up and taunting Garvin. This distraction allows Charland to nail Garvin from behind with a high knee. Charland chokes Garvin on the top rope and tries to eliminate him but Garvin holds on and gives Charland several  elbows to his head. Garvin turns around but Charland rakes his eyes, swings him to the ropes and clotheslines him down. Brito applauds Charland. Charland swings Garvin into the corner and charges in but Garvin back drops him over the turnbuckles and Charland crashes to to floor! 

Huge pop! 

Garvin wins the battle royal! 

garvin.jpg.f00e306974023f120e0d4e4ea26ca4b4.jpg

On the outside, Charland regroups and wants to get back in the ring but Brito holds him back and escorts him up the aisle. 

As Garvin celebrates, Joan Jett's "Do you want to touch me" blasts over the speakers.

The show ends as Austin Idol comes out and holds his National title up towards Garvin. 

Labor Day @ The Mid South Coliseum 

AWA World Title Bout

Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat (C) vs. Billy Jack Haynes w/Ox Baker 

Titles vs. Titles 

AWA World Tag Champs The Awesome Twosome vs. National Champs Cabin Fever 

AWA National Title Bout 

"The Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol (C) vs. "Rugged" Ron Garvin 

The Rock n Roll Express vs. The Fabulous Ones 

Jerry "The King" Lawler vs. "Superstar" Bill Dundee 

The Bruise Brothers vs. Priceless

Carlos Colon vs. Tiger Jeet Singh 

Larry Zbyszko and Giant Haystacks vs. El Canek and The Cobra 

Henning's delusions of grandeur are gonna get him and Adais killed...and i love it!

The Superstar is ready to run the King clear outta the AWA & I think he could do it.

White Lighting earns himself a tv title shot but I wouldn't want to face Casey right now.

Can't blame Resnick for being scared interviewing Ox & his 3 man murder machine.

Priceless learn a valuable lesson about treating waiting staff with respect.

Snuka may prove to much of a "freak" for Dream Machine to handle.

Like the mini program between the Union & the Olympians over who gets to beat up Soviet Steel.

Tony Garea...wrestles.

Loving the pair of Larry Z & Haystacks. 

Rugged Ron vs The Universal Heartthrob for the National Championship on Labor Day! Nuff said!

AWA @ The Auditorium, Minneapolis MN 8-21-86

Scott "Powerhouse" Putski and "The Hit Sensation" Joe Savoldi w/The Vin Man battled to a 10 minute draw

The Olympians defeated Soviet Steel- Bill Kazmaier held Markoff in a bearhug while Rheingans executed a gut wrench suplex on Soldat for the win. 

"The Wrecking Machine" Richard Charland w/Gino Brito Jr. defeated Earthquake Ferris- Ferris went for a splash in the corner but Charland ran forward and put Ferris down with a clothesline then covered him with his feet on the ropes for the win. 

Carlos Colon defeated Rene Goulet with the figure four. After the match, Tiger Jeet Singh ran out and attacked Colon! The 2 men had another brawl around the arena until a swarm of security broke them up. 

"The Ace" Art Crews w/The Vin Man defeated Jerry "Alright" Allen- Allen was going for a superplex but Vin Man tripped him. Crews fell on top and covered him while Vinnie held onto Allen's boots. 

Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka and The Dream Machine w/Paul Jones battled to a Double C.O. 

Billy Jack Haynes and The Beasts of Burden w/Ox Baker defeated AWA World Champ Ricky Steamboat and AWA National Tag Champs Cabin Fever- Action packed hard hitting match that ended during a pier six brawl. Steamboat and Billy Jack were fighting on the outside. Boone and Morgan were trading fists in the corner. Ox Baker hit Manny Fernandez with a chair and Nord followed with a big boot to get the win. 

Jerry "The King" Lawler/Chief Wahoo McDaniel and The RnR Express defeated Nick Bockwinkle/"Superstar" Bill Dundee and The Fabulous OnesThis match goes over 45 minutes and everybody gets a chance to shine. Wahoo and Bock are the legal men. Wahoo puts Bock down with a tomahawk chop and covers but The Fabs and Dundee run in. Lawler pounds away on Dundee while RnR take it to The Fabs. Bock gets up and takes a swing at Wahoo but Wahoo ducks and atomic drops him into Dundee. Bock staggers back and Wahoo rolls him up for the 1..2..3! 

Powerhouse Putski's feud with Vin Man's family starts with a draw against the Hit Sensation.

The Olympians get the patriotic win over Soviet Steel.

Seems even a earthquake isn't enough competition for the wrecking machine.

Singh returns the favor by jumping Colon after his win over Goulet. 

Vin Man helps his "Ace" get a "Alright" victory.

Superfly & Dream Machine are gonna need something special to solve this issue.

Ox helps his boys beat their rivals in a huge 6 man that may have earned The Beasts another shot at the National Tag Titles.

Stacked main event sees Wahoo get the better of Bock with a wrestling hold. Bock is gonna be so pissed.

Very fun tv show.  Curt Hennig is startting to sound a lot like Mr. Perfect.  Could we be seeing the beginning of a character transformation.  His confidence has his partner a little shaken.

Always love those off-arena segments and the one with Pricelss and the Bruise Brothers was great.  I know nothing of Morrow in real life, but in this game, you have made him into a star!

Ox Baker is creating a group as scary as himself... that could mean trouble for the rest of the AWA!

Garvin vs Idol... this will be fun.  Idol and his gimmick vs Garvin and his stiffness will make for a fun contrast in styles.  I think both have the ability to put on a great show in and out of the ring so the lead up to this will be great.

Great answer by Bock as to why he lost to Wahoo... it was a match for savages.  I never liked Bock when I was a kid and that might have been becasue he was too articulate for me but he is a great read in this game.  Good job!

The last 3 matches in the Aud would have people talking for a long time.  I find it hard to do these house shows before a big event as I don't want to give too much away.  You did a nice job here!

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 8-27-86

Lance Russell: Hello everybody and welcome to another edition of AWA Major League Wrestling. We've got not one but two blockbuster main event matches for you tonight. Jerry Lawler teams with the Rock n Roll Express to take on Bill Dundee and The Fabulous Ones. AWA world champ Ricky Steamboat and Jimmy Snuka will clash with Billy Jack Haynes and the Dream Machine. As if that wasn't enough, the Union clash with Soviet Steel. All that and a lot more, so let's get to the ring. 

The Golden Boys vs. Vic Dutro and Willie Lopez

spivey.jpg.2ae11381d19892cf7cf47691cacbe9b3.jpgkelly.jpg.2989948565b26937ea89b8960bba2ce7.jpg

Golden Boys aren't playing around tonight as they take it to their opponents. They finish things off with a double gourdbuster. The fans cheer as they head over to Ken Resnick, who's standing by at ringside. 

Resnick: Golden Boys, I'll get right down to it, A couple of weeks ago, the Beasts of Burden attacked you and costed you a chance at the AWA world tag titles.

Kelly: Beasts! You made a huge mistake and you can bet we're coming at you with everything we got and some! 

Spivey: Oh yea, Ox's boys are real tough when attacking from behind. Well let's see what they got when they go head on with us! 

Commercial Break 

Earthquake Ferris vs. Maurice Coolidge 

ferris.jpg.034e7a845971fb6af3ca807c26ef907e.jpg

Ferris swings Coolidge into the turnbuckles and follows with a corner splash! Ferris grabs Coolidge and powerslams him over for the win! 

Ferris cuts a promo and says he's learned a lot from his recent losses and vows to get back on the winning track 

Commercial Break 

The Union vs. Soviet Steel 

The Russians stand in the ring waving their flags to the booing fans. A ring attendant gets in the ring and speaks with the ring announcer while the Russians want to know what's going on. 

Announcer: I've been told that the Union are pretty beaten up in the back and will not be able to compete.

Boos as the Russians celebrate their victory.

Announcer: However, substituting for the Union will be the Olympians. 

The Russians throw a fit as the Olympians hit the ring and pound away on the Russians. The Ref signals for the bell and the match is on. Kazmaier sends Markoff through the ropes with a big punch. Rheingans swings Soldat to the ropes and back drops him. Soldat bounces around and rolls out of the ring. 

The Russians regroup and get back on the apron. The match resumes and it's all Olympians. Kazmaier swings Soldat to the ropes and clamps on his big bearhug! Markoff charges but Rheingans tackles him. 

Wait a minute! The Union (bandages on their heads) hit the ring and nail Soldat while he's in the bearhug. The Ref has no choice but to signal for the DQ. Rheingans gets up and the Union put the boots to Markoff. The Russians roll out of the ring and head up the aisle. 

Resnick: Ok, I'm standing here with the Olympians and the Union.

Ross: Brad, Bill, once again we apologize for costing you the match. Those cowardly Russians attacked us in the back and once again our tempers got the best of us. 

Brad: Look, we get that your upset and this was originally your match but that's the second time you costed us the decision. Bill and I are trying to get a title shot and this doesn't help. 

Huber: We know but we couldn't let them get away with this. They costed us an opportunity as well. But you're right, and we promise we wont let our tempers cost you any more matches. 

Bill: Fair enough. You guys get your match with Soviet Steel and end this. 

All 4 men agree and shake hands. 

Commercial Break 

Wahoo McDaniel vs. Neil Jurgens

wahoo.jpg.85b7215463f8416a3ed4f4520bdd14ac.jpg 

The fans are behind Wahoo as he wins the match with a tomahawk chop. 

Resnick: Wahoo, on Labor Day at the Mid South Coliseum, it's you and Bockwinkle once again and this time the winner will get a world title shot. 

Wahoo: You know I heard Bockwinkle out here last week talking about our strap match and saying it's meant for savages. That's his excuse for losing? Now he says he's going to beat me in a wrestling match. I'll admit, I took pleasure in making Bockwinkle bleed with the strap. I'm also going to take pleasure in beating him clean at his own game. He wants a wrestling match? I'll give him just that. 

Commercial Break 

Another music video is shown of Iceman Parsons.

iceman.jpg.942aa937ffd81be88810439138b3e53b.jpg

"The Iceman commeth" 

Resnick: Ok, I'm looking forward to the arrival of Iceman Parsons. Switching gears, my guests at this time are Johnny Valiant and the AWA TV champion The Great Gagne. Johnny, your man will defend that title next week against Tim Horner. Horner has been looking good here in the AWA. 

Johnny: Hold on a sec Resnick. You want to talk about looking good, check out the champ. 

Gagne is once again in full on Gatsby attire. He slowly walks back and forth like he's a model on a runway. He stops and holds up his TV title as the fans boo. 

Johnny: Just look at the man. Full of confidence as well as he should be. 

Gagne: Tim Horner, yea I guess I can say you're a pretty good little wrestler but it's comical to think you have a chance at winning my TV title. You are nowhere near my in ring level. Johnny, chalk another win up for the Great Gagne.

Johnny: (laughs) Spoken like a true champ. 

Resnick: (Shakes his head) We'll be back with a huge match. 

Commercial Break 

Jerry "The King" Lawler/RnR Express vs. "Superstar" Bill Dundee and The Fabulous Ones 

This one never officially starts. Before the bell rings, a pier six brawl happens. Lawler and Dundee have a Memphis punch exchange in the middle of the ring. RnR and the Fabs fight through the ropes and brawl all over the place. The match might be a no contest but these 6 men give the fans and viewers a solid 3 minute brawl before a commercial hits. 

Commercial Break 

Resnick: That was some fight. Well here comes Lawler and the Rock n Roll Express. Go ahead guys. 

Morton: Fabulous Ones! The talking is over. My man Robert is healthy and ready to rock. On Labor Day, we're all going to find out just who the better team is. Boys, that's us! 

Lawler: Dundee! We will write another chapter on Labor Day. However, at the Mid South Coliseum, my hometown, this story will end and trust me, it's going to be a glorious ending for the King.

Resnick: Fans, get your tickets now. Back to the ring. 

"The Wrecking Machine" Richard Charland w/Gino Brito Jr. vs. Todd Rooney 

charland.jpg.f9285405741e55c8e529a2262081f7e6.jpgbrito.jpg.74236cc8ce265b49069e9e7553cab48c.jpg

Charland is aggressive tonight as he pummels poor Rooney. Charland finally puts Rooney out of his misery with an inverted piledriver! Boos as Brito leads Charland to ringside. 

Resnick: I know you've had some issues with Ron Garvin and I'm sure you're not thrilled that he eliminated your man Charland in last week's battle royal to get a national title shot on Labor Day.

Brito: Garvin! Rest assured, this is far from over. Last week was a fluke and I guarantee that when you meet the Wrecking Machine one on one, he will simply destroy you. 

Charland bumps Resnick on his way out. 

Commercial Break 

The camera zooms in on the glowing pink "Beauty Shop" sign then pans down to Brenda Britton.

Britton: Hi everybody and welcome to the highest rated segment in wrestling. I've said this a million times but everything happens here and tonight is no exception. My guests are the former AWA TV champion Scott Casey and Sunshine. 

Mega cheers as Casey (holding a bullrope) and Sunshine come out. 

969078189_sunandcas.jpg.9a5403528501d84a89a5b50551229fb4.jpg

Britton: (looking at Sunshine) Let's get something straight sweetheart, this is my show and I'm the queen around here. So you be a good little valet and stand back while I ask the questions.

Sunshine smiles and backs up. 

Britton: Good girl. Ok, Scott Casey you're back after a brief hiatus thanks to the ever cool and smooth Jose Estrada. If I were you, I would of just stayed home. I mean I wouldn't want to mess with Jose and after what he did to you, you shouldn't either. 

Casey: That's exactly why I'm back. Estrada wanted to rekindle some history and he made his mark known with a cigar burn on my chest. Well you see this? (Holds up his bullrope) This here is my equalizer! 

Britton: Yea, big man, you need a weapon. You're not so innocent. Last week you jumped Jose and costed him his battle royal spot. So you're just a cheater who runs around with a lady of the night, if you know what I mean. 

Casey backs up as Sunshine walks up to Britton. 

Britton: You better watch your step lady. This is my....

WHAM! Sunshine slaps Britton as the fans go wild!!!

Casey escorts Sunshine out.

Britton: (In a daze with a crying tone while holding her cheek) Tooodles! 

Commercial Break 

AWA National Champ "The Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol vs. Gary Williams 

Idol is having a great time showboating and flexing before he wins the match with the Las Vegas Leglock. 

Resnick; Ok Austin Idol, on Labor Day, you will defend the National Title against last week's battle royal winner  Ron Garvin. 

Idol: Ron Garvin? Do you really think a guy like him should hold a prestigious title like this? Come on darling! Austin Idol is from coast to coast the man with the most. Just listen to all the ladies out there. They scream and chant my name in the arenas and in their dreams. I've got more charisma than I know what to do with. So you see, a man like Ron Garvin just doesn't measure up. Quite frankly, Ron Garvin, you're just a bore baby. 

Boos as Idol gives the camera a double bicep pose. 

Commercial Break 

Resnick: Fans, as you can see extra security is coming out and you'll know why. Let's get to our next match.

Tiger Jeet Singh vs. William Hillman 

singh.jpg.554ad768222c45ae2df06946658147d3.jpg

Singh could care less about the security as he storms down the aisle, swinging his sword and knocking over ring attendants. 

The bell rings as Singh storms the ring and beats Hillman down. Singh hangs Hillman upside down on the turnbuckles and kicks away. The Ref warns him so Singh drags Hillman out and applies the camel clutch. The Ref signals for the bell. Singh wrenches away, then gets up, picks up Hillman and hurls him out of the ring. Singh goes out, grabs his sword and beats down on Hillman. Security runs over but Singh starts hitting them with his sword. 

Huge pop as CARLOS COLON runs out and nails Singh from behind! 

colon.jpg.df5c80283fd3edef392a672cd9d7edea.jpg

Colon hammers away as the swarm of Security rush over. 

They finally pull the two apart but not for long as they break free and start fighting again. 

Commercial Break 

Lance Russell: Wow, well Security has finally controlled that volatile situation. Come Labor Day, the AWA better call in the army for their match. Fans, next week you wont want to miss the big Labor Day show at the Mid South Coliseum. As far as next week's TV show, you'll see the Great Gagne defend his TV title against Tim Horner. The Golden Boys will wrestle the Beasts of Burden. Vin Man's family will be in 6 man tag action. And Dream Machine goes one on one with Jimmy Snuka in the main event. Now let's go to the ring as the AWA world tag champs are set for action. 

AWA World Tag Team Champs The Awesome Twosome vs. Arnie Goldstein and Dennis Taylor 

Adias looks more focused while Hennig seems to enjoy toying with their opponents. Adias hits a Russian Legsweep on Goldstein and covers but Hennig reaches in and tags himself in. Hennig picks up Goldstein and executes a Fisherman's Suplex for the pin. Hennig grabs the belts and gives one to an irritated Adias. Hennig holds it up then looks in the camera and says "Cabin Fever, you're titles are coming to us, the soon to be unified champions of the world!" 

Commercial Break 

AWA World Champ Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat and Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka vs. Billy Jack Haynes and The Dream Machine w/Ox Baker and Paul Jones 

steamboat.jpg.f258382c5b574a8f90e2e8565b4ed890.jpgsnuka.jpg.96e95419cbbdc9b69d07261afa06ad3f.jpgbjh.jpg.9b6e7dcfa21b679b5ac331d3dca0c843.jpgmachine.png.e180c5330c37db45d22411e07c479f58.png

The bell rings and Dream attacks Snuka as Billy nails Steamboat. All 4 men are fighting. Dream has Snuka on the ropes, backs up and charges but Snuka back drops him over the top rope. Jones runs over and attends to Dream. The Ref guides Snuka to his corner. Billy swings Steamboat to the ropes, misses a clothesline, Steamboat swings back and hits a flying press 1..2..Kick Out. Steamboat swings off the ropes but Ox trips him. Steamboat turns around and runs to the outside and chases Ox. Dream hits Steamboat but Snuka dives off the apron and nails Dream with a diving clothesline! Steamboat grabs Ox but Billy nails Steamboat with a double axehandle from the apron! 

Billy picks up Steamboat and clamps on the full nelson! 

The Ref reaches the 10 count and it's a double c.o. 

Billy wrenches away. Snuka is pounding on Dream but sees Steamboat in the full nelson and runs over to break it. Paul Jones whacks Snuka across the back with his cane! Dream staggers over, picks up Snuka and rams him into the steel post. Steamboat staggers up and heads towards Dream but Billy knees him from behind and once again clamps on the full nelson! 

The show ends. 

Labor Day @ The Mid South Coliseum

AWA World Title Bout 

Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat (C) vs. Billy Jack Haynes w/Ox Baker 

Titles vs. Titles 

AWA World Tag Champs The Awesome Twosome vs. National Champs Cabin Fever 

AWA National Title Bout 

"The Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol (C) vs. "Rugged" Ron Garvin 

Jerry "The King" Lawler vs. "Superstar" Bill Dundee 

Carlos Colon vs. Tiger Jeet Singh 

The Rock n Roll Express vs. The Fabulous Ones 

Priceless vs. The Bruise Brothers 

Larry Z and Giant Haystacks vs. El Canek and The Cobra 

I find myself questioning The Golden Boys intelligence actually WANTING a match with Ox's Beasts.

Soviet Steel may not have intended to put The Union & Olympians at odds but they've managed it anyway.

Wahoo outwrestling Bockwinkel? I'm respectfully skeptical.

Iceman Cometh!

Gagne & Valiant are such duches...they're perfect together.

Wild six man brawl hypes two of your biggest matches at once.

Garvin has to fend off the Wrecking Machine while chasing The Universal Heartthrob.

Somebody finally smacks Brenda! Hallelujah!

Someone is gonna die when Colon & Singh finally get in the ring.

Henning & Adais diverging characters are gonna cost them sooner or later.

And a stacked main event sees us off the air with the image of a relentless challenger squeezing the life outta the champion.

Great stuff!

Great show this week with some really big matches scheduled for the fans at home.

The tag division got a lot of love on this week... The Golden Boys might have the size to deal with the Beast of Burden ... this is going to be some heavy hitting matches!

The Russians try to stop the Union from getting to the ring but it backfires as eventually they have to deal with both the Union and the Olympians....I like how you then turned this is to a little babyface controversy!  Good work here.

Wahoo might think he can outwrestle Bock and that is because the backhand chop is a legal wrestling move!  

Highlight of the show.... SMACK!!!! by Precious

Colon needs a raise!!!  He deals with all the monsters for you.

Between the possible issues with the Union and Olympians and the Awesome Twosome, the Labor Day show is sure to have some twists and turns!

Awesome matches for tv as a said before we the Lawler/RnR Express-Fab Ones/Dundee and then Steamboat/Snuka-BJ/Dream Machine-love the chaos!  

Nice job pushing the big event.