Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestlemania 37

MoS

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not emotionally invested in this match like last night's main event (I think I've seen 1-2 Rhea matches ever?) and I'm definitely not emotionally invested in watching Edge. So I'll be half here as we watched the Pennyworth season finale that dropped today.

6 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I'm not emotionally invested in this match like last night's main event (I think I've seen 1-2 Rhea matches ever?)

Me neither. It doesn't help that Rhea is perpetually in second place.

In second place to Charlotte last year.

In second place in NXT for the rest of the year and cooled off to the point where she was the 4th string of a team led by Shotzi.

In second place to Bianca in the Royal Rumble.

In second place now as Charlotte's replacement in this match.

Maybe she'll win tonight, maybe she won't, but her win won't feel as dramatic and epic as Bianca's because the push and build haven't been there. Just my opinion.

Unlike 35, Charlotte would've added a lot to this as the connective tissue.

1 minute ago, PhilTLL said:

I didn't think Bianca getting emotional at the beginning was a huge detriment last night, but these two have absolutely none of those issues. This is focused and peppy so far.

I don't think there was anything wrong with them being emotional at the beginning. It was a big moment in and out of story. Think of how many matches Ric Flair got all weepy eyed before, during, or after after 1997 or so. It's not like it was a crazy blood feud. 

3 minutes ago, strobogo said:

I don't think there was anything wrong with them being emotional at the beginning. It was a big moment in and out of story. Think of how many matches Ric Flair got all weepy eyed before, during, or after after 1997 or so. It's not like it was a crazy blood feud. 

Yeah that added to the match for me.

1 minute ago, El Dragon said:

Crowds quiet as shit but this has been a war. 

Because Asuka has spent months not being used, and no one cares about Rhea after a year of being cooled down and then rushed into this match as a last-minute replacement.