Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
MoS

Wrestlemania 37

Fun counter-heavy stuff here. I liked Rhea selling the ankle and then seamlessly turning the motion into paintbrushing Asuka.

3 minutes ago, strobogo said:

I don't think there was anything wrong with them being emotional at the beginning. It was a big moment in and out of story. Think of how many matches Ric Flair got all weepy eyed before, during, or after after 1997 or so. It's not like it was a crazy blood feud. 

Yeah that added to the match for me.

I think it's kind of neat how Rhea and Bianca both do this big power spots but in completely different ways from each other yet equally displaying their strength.

1 minute ago, El Dragon said:

Crowds quiet as shit but this has been a war. 

Because Asuka has spent months not being used, and no one cares about Rhea after a year of being cooled down and then rushed into this match as a last-minute replacement.

1 minute ago, KawadaSmile said:

SHOCKING FINISH

Feels super forced. Hope it doesn't backfire on Rhea Ripley, who I genuinely do like. 

Good for Rhea, wasn't expecting her to win since WWE seemed to have a hard on for fucking her over recently. 

That was very good, another few minutes at that level would have made it as excellent as last night's main.

But yeah a pumphandle slam? How 70s. Not a complaint, mind you. Well maybe Asuka deserved a little better by current standards.

Just leaving this here for people to chew on. Multiple championship matches on major shows spanning years at this point.

1 minute ago, Matt D said:

Did she just win with a basic pumphandle slam?

Yes. That's been her impact finisher since she came back with the new look in the 2nd MYC.

1 minute ago, strobogo said:

Yes. That's been her impact finisher since she came back with the new look in the 2nd MYC.

Oh well hell.