Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestlemania 37

MoS

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way was the crowd close to as international or even national as it used to be. There's still a pandemic happening. Tampa does lean democratic though. Regardless, it's just a joke. I bet your hero Mick Foley would use it for a pop 

1 hour ago, strobogo said:

I dunno, it sure sounded like support for Edge was way higher than Bryan during most of the match and at times there was a mixed reaction for Bryan, but only when it involved sequences with Edge.

Yeah, I felt that too. Dunno why Meltzer was crediting Edge's large, sustained pop to his pyro. God knows he is in love with Edge's work, and thinks his terrible acting in the ring to be De Niro-level performances, so it's not as if he would try and dismiss his success 

2 hours ago, MoS said:

I bet your hero Mick Foley would use it for a pop 

Well, he is known for his cheap pops. ;) It is the title of one of his books, after all.

Fun fact: My original avatar was Flair, but I changed it when I realized someone else - I can't remember who - was using it. Whoever that was, thank you.

I think the Mankind smiley face avatar perfectly suits the rounded avatars used by this forum.

2 hours ago, MoS said:

No way was the crowd close to as international or even national as it used to be. There's still a pandemic happening.

I think you really underestimate the selfishness and stupidity of many Americans. 

I'm sure you're right that the audience wasn't quite as national/international as usual, but I think the lower crowd capacity had more of an effect on that than any concerns about the pandemic itself. 

Just look at all the maskless people in the crowd both nights. Now, maybe most of them were vaccinated, but I really, REALLY, REALLY doubt it.

I had a friend drive in from the midwest, so there were definitely some out-of-towners. I hope he'll be okay. I also hope he's vaccinated, but I know better than to ask questions I don't really want the answer to.

49 minutes ago, Coffey said:

Of course not but you're trying to "well actually" a Tweet. But go ahead & "do you" which means looking like an idiot.

Okay, yeah, when people start with the name-calling, that's when I stop bothering to engage. 

Go to town on me loving Mauro, Christian, etc. too much - I can do that all day long - but this? What is your point? Seriously, what is your point? There is none, from what I can see.

Someone quoted a tweet, and I responded with my opinion. Kind of what a message board is all about. You're free to disagree, but don't tell me I'm wrong or "overreacting" for feeling how I feel about something. You saw the humor in that dumb tweet? Cool. I had a different take on it.

Look, you obviously don't like my posts and/or me for whatever reason - I'm not sure why - but I won't lose an ounce of sleep over it either. I have no ill-will toward you whatsoever, so I'll end this on a peaceful note by wishing you a hearty mamma mia and I hope you have a nice day. 

Who "produced" the WrestleMania matches (stolen straight from WhatCulture):

"Here's the near-complete list of WrestleMania 37 producers:-

Night One

Bobby Lashley vs. Drew McIntyre: Jason Jordan and Jamie Noble
Tag Team Turmoil: TJ Wilson and Pat Buck
Cesaro vs. Seth Rollins: Shane Helms
Omos and AJ Styles vs. The New Day: Chris Park
Braun Strowman vs. Shane McMahon: Michael Hayes
Bad Bunny and Damian Priest vs. John Morrison and The Miz: Adam Pearce
Bianca Belair vs. Sasha Banks: TJ Wilson

Night Two

Randy Orton vs. The Fiend: Jamie Noble
Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler vs. Natalya and Tamina: TJ Wilson and Pat Buck
Riddle vs. Sheamus: Chris Park
Apollo Crews vs. Big E: Jason Jordan
Rhea Ripley vs. Asuka: TJ Wilson
Edge vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Roman Reigns: Michael Hayes"

7 hours ago, Cowboy Hats 4.0 said:

Any hero online check to see what was the longest held camera shot during a match this weekend? Three seconds?

This may or may not contain an answer to your question, but on the topic of camera cuts someone on reddit counted them in the main event:

"Approximately ~360 (3.3% margin of error) camera cuts took place during the main event between Daniel Bryan, Edge and Roman Reigns since the opening bell to the referee's three count.

This brings us to an average of 0.28 camera cuts per second or 16.82 camera cuts per minute.

It is interesting noticing that the first 30 camera cuts took place during the very first minute of the match.

The longest time without a camera cut has been 33 seconds with Roman and Bryan on the outside near the announcers' table

The barricade-apron spot between Edge and Roman took 8 cuts alone in 20 seconds."

I've been seeing a lot of tweets the last few days of people who only pop in to watch WWE occasionally/annually saying they think they liked Mania but they weren't sure because they were getting too dizzy and motion sick from the camera work.

Do you think WWE is even slightly aware that their preferred house style for filming literally makes their audience sick to their stomachs? 

2 hours ago, Dav'oh said:

Who "produced" the WrestleMania matches (stolen straight from WhatCulture):

"Here's the near-complete list of WrestleMania 37 producers:-

Night One

Bobby Lashley vs. Drew McIntyre: Jason Jordan and Jamie Noble
Tag Team Turmoil: TJ Wilson and Pat Buck
Cesaro vs. Seth Rollins: Shane Helms
Omos and AJ Styles vs. The New Day: Chris Park
Braun Strowman vs. Shane McMahon: Michael Hayes
Bad Bunny and Damian Priest vs. John Morrison and The Miz: Adam Pearce
Bianca Belair vs. Sasha Banks: TJ Wilson

Night Two

Randy Orton vs. The Fiend: Jamie Noble
Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler vs. Natalya and Tamina: TJ Wilson and Pat Buck
Riddle vs. Sheamus: Chris Park
Apollo Crews vs. Big E: Jason Jordan
Rhea Ripley vs. Asuka: TJ Wilson
Edge vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Roman Reigns: Michael Hayes"

The most interesting one was going to be Sami vs Owens and that’s the one we don’t get.

It was especially bad during some of the entrances because the pirate ship was so tall that you couldn't see the fireworks going off behind it so they kept cutting to a different angle that took in the fireworks and then back to the wrestler ridiculously quickly so that you couldn't take anything in. Edge stood out as being an impressive entrance that was almost entirely ruined by like 10 camera cuts in half as many seconds. 

I hate the CGI too but I don't think it's *TOO* bad for some entrances. Roman Reigns' with the big Roman statue thing kind of works. Most of it only serves to detract from the live action visuals which are one of the obvious things that WWE has going for it. I just have no idea who it's for. They must be convinced that young people or kids like it? I don't know. It's shit.

31 minutes ago, RingoPlaysDrums said:

I hate the CGI too but I don't think it's *TOO* bad for some entrances. Roman Reigns' with the big Roman statue thing kind of works. Most of it only serves to detract from the live action visuals which are one of the obvious things that WWE has going for it. I just have no idea who it's for. They must be convinced that young people or kids like it? I don't know. It's shit.

It's for people who dont even watch the show. It's for their investors and business partners so they can say their show incorporates "augmented reality " even though it's used in a very meaningless way that doesn't make any substantial enhancement to the show.

Don’t want to tread over old ground too much but that Bad Bunny match was a miracle and damn did the Miz ever work it perfectly. He had to be in the perfect spot with the right timing to help BB along and he did it well. Just a really solid as hell, old pro performance from a source you wouldn’t expect 

5 hours ago, RingoPlaysDrums said:

I hate the CGI too but I don't think it's *TOO* bad for some entrances. Roman Reigns' with the big Roman statue thing kind of works.

I like it for things like presenting a graphic of the wrestler's name at cool angles.

Birds shooting out of Riddle's ass - not so much.

But I think they have the right idea with this. It makes for an impressive, dynamic presentation. Just needs a few tweaks.

I love Lashley's bolts used for his entrance. That's the only good CGI assistance entrance. Less is more. The Alex Bliss face, Asuka mask, Big E Dumbells, Riddle Birds, etc. all have to go. Keep Lashley's bolts and get rid of everything else. There are very few times the gimmick should be used and there are probably just a handful of people that should have the gimmick incorporated into their entrance. I can think of maybe five people at most outside of Lashley.

CGI works when it's stuff like big silly unicorns and pancakes for the New Day because it fits their gimmick and you expect them to be suitably wacky. The big skeleton pirate reaching into the stadium was cool too, but it shouldn't be part of anyone's entrance who's supposed to be 100% serious. 

47 minutes ago, PhilTLL said:

I must be spoiled from my state's shockingly good vaccine effort, because I can't imagine doing that weekend without two jabs of the good shit (Pfizer/Moderna obviously). I guess a lot of people just haven't had access yet.

I just got my second Moderna shot on Monday and I'd still be wary of large crowds like that for a while. 

Also between the young people who feel invulnerable and the terminally stupid refusing, it will take a while even when shots are widely available.