Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
MoS

Wrestlemania 37

31 minutes ago, RingoPlaysDrums said:

I hate the CGI too but I don't think it's *TOO* bad for some entrances. Roman Reigns' with the big Roman statue thing kind of works. Most of it only serves to detract from the live action visuals which are one of the obvious things that WWE has going for it. I just have no idea who it's for. They must be convinced that young people or kids like it? I don't know. It's shit.

It's for people who dont even watch the show. It's for their investors and business partners so they can say their show incorporates "augmented reality " even though it's used in a very meaningless way that doesn't make any substantial enhancement to the show.

Don’t want to tread over old ground too much but that Bad Bunny match was a miracle and damn did the Miz ever work it perfectly. He had to be in the perfect spot with the right timing to help BB along and he did it well. Just a really solid as hell, old pro performance from a source you wouldn’t expect 

5 hours ago, RingoPlaysDrums said:

I hate the CGI too but I don't think it's *TOO* bad for some entrances. Roman Reigns' with the big Roman statue thing kind of works.

I like it for things like presenting a graphic of the wrestler's name at cool angles.

Birds shooting out of Riddle's ass - not so much.

But I think they have the right idea with this. It makes for an impressive, dynamic presentation. Just needs a few tweaks.

I love Lashley's bolts used for his entrance. That's the only good CGI assistance entrance. Less is more. The Alex Bliss face, Asuka mask, Big E Dumbells, Riddle Birds, etc. all have to go. Keep Lashley's bolts and get rid of everything else. There are very few times the gimmick should be used and there are probably just a handful of people that should have the gimmick incorporated into their entrance. I can think of maybe five people at most outside of Lashley.

CGI works when it's stuff like big silly unicorns and pancakes for the New Day because it fits their gimmick and you expect them to be suitably wacky. The big skeleton pirate reaching into the stadium was cool too, but it shouldn't be part of anyone's entrance who's supposed to be 100% serious. 

1 hour ago, Strummer said:

A fan who attended Wrestlemania has tweeted that he tested positive for Covid on Tuesday

I was about to post this, but wasn't sure where. Here are the tweets:

3 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

AWARENESS AIN'T THE ONLY THING HE'S SPREADING! he's also spreading lots of love!

LMAO

I must be spoiled from my state's shockingly good vaccine effort, because I can't imagine doing that weekend without two jabs of the good shit (Pfizer/Moderna obviously). I guess a lot of people just haven't had access yet.

47 minutes ago, PhilTLL said:

I must be spoiled from my state's shockingly good vaccine effort, because I can't imagine doing that weekend without two jabs of the good shit (Pfizer/Moderna obviously). I guess a lot of people just haven't had access yet.

I just got my second Moderna shot on Monday and I'd still be wary of large crowds like that for a while. 

Also between the young people who feel invulnerable and the terminally stupid refusing, it will take a while even when shots are widely available. 

WWE has cut out all rain delay stuff from the Network version of night 1 in the mean time. So if you have not seen Samoa PonJoe live, you are out of luck (at least regarding legal ways).