Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - April 14, 2021

MoS

I usually watch with a friend, but he can't watch tonight cuz he is at the hospital with his wife of 10 years, who is giving birth to a baby. Feels like when this match had begun, he was getting married to her. 

That finish was great though, and an excellent way of establishing the Bucks as the dickish heel champs 

1 hour ago, Enforcer said:

I taught that Jade/Red Velvet really over delivered. I love Red Velvet a lot. 

Agreed. Jade also has excellent presence. Just please have a manager cut her promos. 

Jericho is still wrestling kind of like a heel, although I get this is a blood feud 

How ‘bout them ‘bucks!!!!!

I haven’t seen the ladder match with Uno/Greyson from PWG but this is the best Young Bucks 2-on-2 match I have ever seen .  The matches from Revolution and Full Gear are up there for the Bucks.  Tonight they didn’t look like they were racing to ge their shit in, as the kids say.  I still think New Japan Matt & Jeff are them at their absolute best.  This match finally put more character over as they worked a fevered pace.  Let us hope this is the start of some new Bucks’ style and not just something they pull out every now and then to show they are heels. 

1 hour ago, Enforcer said:

I didn’t like that they took the focus away from the match. 

Yeah same here. I thought the match started great, devolved into overbooked convoluted bullshit involving a 65 year old playing a justice-doling cowboy, became plodding with weak contrived spots in the middle, and I thought they were going to lose me. But it kicked up several notches in the last part, had a great conclusion and a legitimate holy shit finish. 

A much better episode of Dynamite than last week's. Might actually be the best in several weeks now. Looks like they are building Mox and King to take the tag titles off the Young Bucks

8 minutes ago, MoS said:

Yeah same here. I thought the match started great, devolved into overbooked convoluted bullshit involving a 65 year old playing a justice-doling cowboy, became plodding with weak contrived spots in the middle, and I thought they were going to lose me. But it kicked up several notches in the last part, had a great conclusion and a legitimate holy shit finish. 

A much better episode of Dynamite than last week's. Might actually be the best in several weeks now. Looks like they are building Mox and King to take the tag titles off the Young Bucks

I am a mega Sting fan and I am intrigued to see where this storyline with Lance Archer is going but it should have been done at another time, not during the match.