Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - April 14, 2021

MoS

They took a little too long getting there, but loving the flip back to the heel Bucks, especially without crowds. From a work perspective, they are much better heels than babyfaces (might be why they resisted properly turning in ROH for so long), and I thought the motivations made sense and followed through on the story nicely. They (and Omega) will get plenty of cheers still when there's a big crowd, but the Bucks thrive when there's a counter-energy to the cheers (see the old PWG chants - "Young Bucks!" "Fuck the" "Young Bucks!"). I was with the people last week who wanted the belts off them, but now I'm kinda in on seeing them defend against Uno/Greyson, SCU, Mox/Kingston, whoever.

Good on the Bucks for picking a lane and sticking to it. All the evidence we have suggests they're best as cocky prick heels. The fact that they keep trying to be conflicted tweeners is baffling. They've done "I don't want to fight my friend and it's tearing me apart" storylines what, three times since AEW began? Absolutely nobody on Earth wants to see that shit.

Just now, NintendoLogic said:

Good on the Bucks for picking a lane and sticking to it. All the evidence we have suggests they're best as cocky prick heels. The fact that they keep trying to be conflicted tweeners is baffling. They've done "I don't want to fight my friend and it's tearing me apart" storylines what, three times since AEW began? Absolutely nobody on Earth wants to see that shit.

That angle drew some crazy money in 2018, so clearly people want to see it, but it's a fair point that for anyone who's been following them for a bit, it's an absolute rerun (with Kenny playing heel instead of Cody this time).

I find it interesting that they had Anthony Ogogo debut the night they had Mike Tyson on, in the segment right before Tyson's segment. Is there any chance they are hoping that Tyson fans or boxing fans might be watching and might be interested in seeing another boxer wrestle?