Pro Wrestling Only

Mercedes Martinez

Grimmas

1 hour ago, Grimmas said:

So she is 20 plus years into her career is given ten minutes with a commercial break a few minutes into the match facing an opponent who has never appeared in the company before where she hardly has and pulls out a decent match instead of a great match and we are treating this has some big negative. WTF are we doing here?

Ok, first she did not pull jackshit out of Deonna Purrazzo, who doesn't need anyone to pull a good match out of her because she is an excellent worker. They had a better match in IMPACT where they were given more time and purpose (and really, I thought the match on Dynamite was very good despite the lack of heat)

As far as I go, like I said I've seen many Martinez matches over the last few years, in several promotions, pretty much since she was a part of the first May Young Classic. I've never came close to thinking she was that all-time great worker (a very good/excellent one, yes, which is why the GWE process is kinda frustrating to me, because saying someone is "only" excellent seems like a negative). Like I said, maybe I'll change my tune if I ever get to binge-watch some SHIMMER. 

1 minute ago, El-P said:

Ok, first she did not pull jackshit out of Deonna Purrazzo, who doesn't need anyone to pull a good match out of her because she is an excellent worker. They had a better match in IMPACT where they were given more time and purpose (and really, I thought the fact on Dynamite was very good despite the lack of heat)

As far as I go, like I said I've seen many Martinez matches over the last few years, in several promotions, pretty much since she was a part of the first May Young Classic. I've never came close to thinking she was that all-time great worker. Like I said, maybe I'll change my tune if I ever get to binge-watch some SHIMMER. 

Yeah, bad wording Deonna rules. Agreed totally with your first paragraph.

Shimmer and 2019 till NXT are really strong cases. I'm still filling in the other gaps. I'll probably be the high voter and that's cool.