Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Grimmas

Watch Parties

It's all happening here on discord: 

https://discord.gg/2tqvKBK2WA

The first one will be on Saturday (17th) at 1 eastern, for a couple of hours. Watching some Jaguar Yokota. Join us if you want, either voice, chat, or just listening on while on mute.

8 minutes ago, NotJayTabb said:

I've seen precisely one Jaguar Yokota match, a tag from 2004, so I'm very up for this. Is this going to be an entirely Yokota session?

Yeah, every week we'll do about 2 hours on a particular candidate. We can change that in the future if need be, plus supplemental ones people can do whatever!

You are in for a treat with Jaguar!

Yeah, I think the first watch party went really well, an excellent choice of matches. I think it was a useful exercise because Joshi doesn't have the obvious entry points that other types of wrestling do. You can easily start watching puro by using US performers as a gateway, or even someone like Liger who worked a lot of WCW. Same with lucha, where I started by looking up the WCW luchadors. Now, I've a bunch of different names I enjoyed from the footage and that can lead into a number of different directions. Plus it was fun when Jaguar did some crazy suplex variation or some insane bump to see a bump of "Fuck" "OMG!" in the chat.

Yeah I really appreciated the social aspect of the watch party, and these were really fun to watch with a group. The chat made watching wrestling an even better experience. 

That was my first time doing a watch party, and it went awesome.  I've seen those matches before, but it's Jaguar, I'm always down for some rewatches.  The chat was great and added to the experience.  I will try to do the other ones, especially for the stuff I've never seen before.

3 minutes ago, elliott said:

I dunno about you all, but I'm still reeling from that gorilla press into a backbreaker. 

Honestly the Vertical Suplex/Jackhammer into Backbreaker is what really got me. Good god damn.

This Saturday, the 24th, at 1 PM EST, we will be watching Mercedes Martinez, who is a huge candidate (top 25) for me.

Future watches will be determined via twitter poll.

For May 1, go vote now: 

Saturday, May 1st we will be watching Virus!

Saturday, May 8th, we will be watching Yuki Ishikawa!

Join us, these are a blast.

1 hour ago, Jmare007 said:

Fuck man, gonna miss it :(

we missed you :(
Join next week for Carlos Colon though. Voting open for the week after now!