Pro Wrestling Only

Western States Wrestling

Autistic Dragon

Western States Wrestling Episode 4

May 22 1986

From the KFDA-TV Studio in Amarillo Texas 

Airing live at 9:35am on WTBS Channel 17

A montage of classic and recent Western States action set to " Into the fire " by Dokken opens the show.

We cut to Steve Stack and commissioner Frank Duesk (holding a briefcase) standing in front of a joint WSW and NWA banner.

Stack: Good morning ladies and gentlemen and welcome to another exciting episode of Western States Wrestling sanctioned by the National Wrestling Alliance, the premier governing body of professional wrestling the world over. As you can see it's my pleasure to be joined by the commissioner of WSW Mr Frank Dusek, Frank i understand you some exciting news to share with us.

Duesk: Thank you Steve, I have a couple of announcements to make the first of which is in regards to the controversy surrounding the NWA World Tag Team Titles.*excited murmuring* sure our audience remembers last week Dory Funk Jr *big pop*who along with his brother Terry *another big pop *are in possession of the physical title belts extended a offer to the recognized champions Ted DiBiase & Steve Williams, after what I don't mind telling you were some tense negotiations i can report that meeting shall take place right here next week! massively excited pop

Stack: Well that's good to hear, hopefully we can finally get this matter settled. Though I must say I'm expecting a rather tense conversation. Now Frank i understand you have some more to tell us.

Duesk: That's right Steve, Ladies and gentlemen the response to Western States Wrestling has surpassed all expectations. And because of this the NWA board of directors and the executives in charge of Turner Broadcasting have agreed it's time we host our first supershow! HUGE POP Now folks this will include a schedule change as our usual tv episode & event at the Sports Arena won't be taking place on Saturday July 3rd. murmur of confusion. That's to ensure that the WSW roster is in fighting shape for what happens the day after, Because on Sunday July 4th as we come together to celebrate the independence of the greatest country on earth WSW will be presenting an event we're calling "Independent Together"! Biggest pop yet. While i can't give away to much yet one thing I can tell you is that every title in WSW will be fought for including Duesk pauses to open the briefcase and retrieve a championship belt. The Crowning of the first ever Western States Wrestling Television Champion! Dusek pauses again this time to let the cheers die down. And the tournament to crown our first Television Champion begins right here today! Now I don't about you but I feel I've talked enough so Steve i turn it over to you so we can start the action. Dusek shakes hands with Stack before leaving to the excited cheers of the Amarillo faithful.

Stack: Ladies and gentlemen some massive news indeed and I for one can't think of a better way to celebrate then with our first match. 

Match 1

Jimmy Jack Funk defeats Bartholomew Rothschild the 3rd with the spinning toe hold. Dory & Terry join Steve Stack on commentary. Dory is glad DiBiase & Williams excepted his invitation and reiterates that as Christian wrestlers the Funk brothers have a duty to resolve this fairly. Terry agrees but bristles when the conversation turns to the comments Williams & DiBiase have been making. Dory assure his younger brother " Now Terry those boys are just frustrated at the prolonged confusion. I'm sure next week cooler heads will prevail" JJ wraps things up before the conversation can continue and the brothers leave, belts in hand, with their victorious "cousin"

Commercial break- Steve Stack runs down the Western States live events for this coming week.

Match 2

"Black Bullet" Shaska Whatley w/ Slick defeats "Ranch hand" Robby Ray with the Flying Willie 

(Shaska & Slick join Steve Stack at the interview area)

Stack: Very impressive television debut for "Black Bullet" Shaska Whatley alongside his manager Slick. Gentlemen what are your goals here in Western States Wrestling?

Slick: MONNNNEEEEEY!!!!! Stackman it's what makes the woooorld go round. Now lord knows the Slickster already has more money than all these yahoo crackers put together *boos* Now now the Slickster knows the truth can hurt but look on the bright side y'all. Your lives might not be worth the gum on the bottom of the Slickster's shoe, you can still watch as my main man the "Black Bullet" Shaska Whatley succeeds beyond any of your wildest dreams as he becomes your first ever Western States Wrestling Television Chaaaaampiiiiooooon. Hahaha

Shaska & Slick leave the interview area to a chorus of boos.

Match 3

The Fort Bragg Brotherhood (Cpl Kirchner & Pvt Don Kernodle) defeat The Red Menace (Vasily Borisov & Dmitry Isaev) when Kernodle pinned Borisov after a Neckbreaker.

Commercial break 

We return to 3 young men in kilts introduced as Clan Macdough (Huey,Duey & Luey respectively) before "Angel of death" by Slayer blades over the pa system as Kevin Sullivan emerges through the curtain and makes the go-go-go gesture sending the Moondogs & Abdullah the Butcher storm the ring and pounce on the terrified Macdough trio.

The Dungeon of Doom defeat Clan Macdough when Rex performs a backbreaker and holds Huey while Spot comes off the second rope for a elbow drop, however Spot tags in Abdullah before jumping and as Huey is convulsing "The Mad Man from the Sudan" runs the ropes and comes back with the Sudanese meat cleaver (elbow drop to the throat) to end the match at about 90 seconds...which is approximately half as long as the post-match asswhooping which Sullivan joins in on after spending the match on commentary ranting about the Tribal Nation. Chairs,bones and a fork are all used on Clan Macdough and the security guards brave/stupid enough to try and intervene until finally the Tribal Nation (the Youngbloods & Sunny War Cloud) alongside Cocoa Samoa rush the ring leading to a brawl that spills outside the ring and continues to the back.

Stack: Lord above it's utter insanity out here.

As medical staff drag the bloody carcasses that used to be Clan Macdough to the Back Stack runs down the card for the Sports Arena later today.

Invader 1 vs "Wandering Assassin" Gypsy Joe

U.S Steel vs " Wild Tiger" Kim Duk w/Tojo Yamamoto 

Steve Doll vs "Pretty Boy" Doug Somers 

Steve Simpson vs "The Flamboyant" Eric Embry 

Jimmy Jack Funk vs Kendo Nagasaki w/Tojo Yamamoto 

The Tribal Nation (WSW Tag Team Champions The Youngbloods & Sunny War Cloud) & Cocoa Samoa vs The Dungeon of Doom ("Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan,Abdullah the Butcher & the Moondogs)

Dory Funk Jr vs Mr Pogo w/Tojo Yamamoto 

Main event 

WSW Heavyweight Championship match 

Jumbo Tsuruta w/Tojo Yamamoto vs Terry Funk 

Main event 

Match 5

WSW Television Championship Match 

Chicky Starr defeats Cocoa Samoa with a O'Connor roll with both handfuls of tights as Cocoa was distracted by security holding back Sullivan & Abdullah.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Western States Wrestling 

Sports Arena 

Amarillo Texas 

May 22 1986

Bell time 3pm 

Invader 1 defeats "Wandering Assassin" Gypsy Joe when Invader 3 emerged from under the ring, switched places with his partner while Joe & Bobby Pico were arguing and performed a inside cradle.

"Wild Tiger" Kim Duk w/Tojo Yamamoto defeats U.S Steel by c.o. The two had been brawling on the floor when Kim noticed Alex Perez was up to 8 and dove inside. Steel tried to follow but Tojo had crawled across the floor and grabbed his ankle.

"Pretty Boy" Doug Somers defeats Steve Doll after avoiding Doll's Missle Dropkick and hitting a Brainbuster.

Steve Simpson defeats "The Flamboyant" Eric Embry with a flying crossbody.

Jimmy Jack Funk defeats Kendo Nagasaki w/Tojo Yamamoto by dq when Nagasaki sprayed Funk with asain mist. After the match Nagasaki assaulted Funk with his Kendo stick.

The Dungeon of Doom ("Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan,Abdullah the Butcher & the Moondogs) defeat The Tribal Nation (WSW Tag Team Champions The Youngbloods & Sunny War Cloud) & Cocoa Samoa in a chaotic bloody affair that broke down several times. The end comes when during one of those break downs Sullivan hits Chris with one of the the title belts behind Pico's back allowing Spot to pin him.

Dory Funk Jr defeats Mr Pogo w/Tojo Yamamoto with a piledriver.

Jumbo Tsuruta(c) w/Tojo Yamamoto and Terry Funk wrestled to a 60 minute time limit draw.

Huge news as WSW will deliver its first supercard on July 4th! Can't wait for it. 

Excited to see the crowning of a TV Champ. This will be a fun tournament.

Dibiase and Williams are coming next week! Why do I have a feeling Terry is going to stir things up LOL

Slick and Whatley are gold together. I wouldn't mind a Whatley TV title run. 

Good to see the Fort Bragg Brotherhood picking up wins. They've been one of my favorite teams in this game. 

Oh man poor Huey, Duey and Luey. The Dungeon of Doom massacred them! I can't imagine how bad it would of gotten if Tribal Nation, Sunny and Cocoa didn't arrive. 

Red hot Chicky Starr advances with a big win over Cocoa. 

To the Sports Arena,

Invaders do the old masked man switch on Gypsy Joe. 

Tojo is playing with fire messing with US Steel. 

Tag Teams break off for singles matches and break even as Pretty Boy beats Doll while Simpson takes down Embry. 

Man, Jimmy Jack gets the Asian mist and a beating from the kendo stick. Bad night for Jimmy Jack. 

Dungeon of Doom wins a battle but this war is far from over. 

Dory gets a crowd pleasing win over Pogo. 

Damn, after all the great action, the fans get to witness an outstanding 60 minute draw between Jumbo and Terry. 

Fans got their money's worth tonight and then some. 

I like how realistic the show at the Sports Arena felt.

You did a nice job of putting over those that you wanted to while making everyone else stay strong with wins by DQ or intererference.

I thought Sullivan might get some revenge here!!

The  Funks looking tough.... for now.... Doc and Dibiase are coming.  

WSW live events 

5-23-1986 Fair Park Coluseam Lubbock TX 

5-24-1986 The Coluseam El Paso TX 

5-25-1986 Civic Auditorium Albuquerque NM

5-26-1986 Denver Auditorium Denver CO 

5-27-1986 Civic Center Tulsa OK 

5-28-1986 The Myriad Oklahoma city OK 

Pvt Don Kernodle defeats Tojo Yamamoto with a neckbreaker.

"Black Bullet" Shaska Whatley w/Slick defeats U.S Steel by c.o as Steel lost track of the count chasing Slick around ringside.

Kendo Nagasaki (No Tojo) defeats Cpl Kirchner by blasting Kirchner with the asain mist then performing a inside cradle.

The Glamor Boys (Steve Doll & Steve Simpson) and Radiance ("The Flamboyant" Eric Embry & "Pretty Boy" Doug Somers) wrestled to a 20 minute time limit draw.

"The Russian Hammer" Alexis Smirnoff w/Skandar Akbar defeats Kendall Windham by dq when Smirnoff tries to hit Windham with the flag but Windham takes it away and cracks it over Smirnoff's head. After the bell Windham chased Akbar to the back.

"The Latin Heartthrob" Al Perez defeats "Killer" Tim Brooks with a top rope sunsetflip. Brooks attacked Perez after the bell.

The Tribal Nation (WSW Tag Team Champions The Youngbloods & Sunny War Cloud) and The Dungeon of Doom ("Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan & The Moondogs) ends in a double DQ after referee Bobby Pico loses control with all 6 men in the ring and refusing to follow instructions. The brawl continues for several minutes eventually being joined by Cocoa Samoa & Abdullah the Butcher. Only after the locker room completely empties of wrestlers and security do things settle down.

Zaibatsu (WSW Heavyweight Champion Jumbo Tsuruta & Mr Pogo) w/Tojo Yamamoto defeats the Funk Family (Terry & Dory Jr) w/Jimmy Jack when Pogo hits Dory with a axe handle as he has Jumbo in the spinning toe hold allowing Jumbo to hit the Tiger suplex.

Fans get to cheer early as Made in the USA Don Kernodle takes down Tojo.

US Steel seems to be having trouble with managers. He might need a counter. 

Wrestlers better watch out for Kendo's mist. Just ask Kirchner. 

I'm liking the Glamor Boys/Radiance feud. Solid mid card attraction. 

Young Kendall has some fight. Devastation Inc. is finding that out. 

Big win for Perez but Brooks makes him pay for it. 

Tribal/Dungeon feud is red hot! 

Zaibatsu sends the fans home on a downer note as they beat the Funks. I think the Funks might be distracted by Dibiase and Williams coming in LOL. One thing is certain, Jumbo is a major star here. 

I like Kernodle getting the wins in the house show loop.  I always seem to forget happy fans come back for the next show.

Shaska and Slick are getting some serious heat after another round of matches where the manager helps get the decision.

Kendell and Perez are doing great as your midcard babyfaces!  

Tribal Nation-Sullivan is a great feud right now.  Enjoying this one.

Zaibatsu.... Funks.... save some for Dibiase and DOc.  They are coming.

Western States Wrestling Episode 5

May 29 1986

From the KFDA-TV Studio in Amarillo Texas 

A montage of classic and recent Western States action set to " Into the fire" by Dokken opens the show. 

We cut to Steve Stack standing in front of a joint WSW and NWA banner.

Stack: Good morning ladies and gentlemen and welcome to another exciting episode of Western States Wrestling sanctioned by the National Wrestling Alliance,the premier governing body of professional wrestling the world over. And this is a particularly exciting episode  because today is the confrontation between the recognized NWA World Tag Team champions Ted DiBiase & Steve Williams and the men in possession of the physical titles Terry & Dory Jr the Funk brothers! *Huge pop* In order to give that meeting the time it deserves we're forgoing the usual opening interview with commissioner Dusek and going straight to the opening contest.

Match 1

Sunny War Cloud defeats Spaulby Pauldbo with a Tomahawk Chop.

Match 2

"The Flamboyant" Eric Embry defeats Clay Bailey with a neckbreaker. Embry's partner "Pretty Boy" Doug Somers joined Stack on commentary and spent the whole match talking about how the people of Amarillo should thank them for "introducing beauty into their dull and dreary lives" and that "The only reasons we're not treated like the superior specimens we are is because the men know their women would drop them like a bad habit as soon as we gave them as much as a sideways glance and the women know they ain't even worth that"

Commercial break-Steve Stack runs down the live events for this coming week,though he mentions that WSW has something sp planned for Memorial day.

Match 3

Kendo Nagasaki w/Tojo Yamamoto defeats Fabian Arreola with a thrust kick. Tojo also joins Stack on commentary and spend the entire match ranting about the "Fragrant and blatant injustice" committed to his men In their match against "Those mentally degenerated inbred cow himping Funk brothers" Says it's "An outrage" that people have stopped talking about Zaibatsu in regards to the World Tag Titles. Promises that the "injustice" will be rectified "It's only a matter of how high we have to stack the bodies"

Match 4

Devastation Inc ("Killer" Tim Brooks & "The Russian Hammer" Alexis Smirnoff) w/Skandar Akbar defeat The Pioneers (Hugh Glass & Zachary Bass) when Brooks hit Glass with the second rope leg drop but apparently decided that wasn't enough so he tagged in Smirnoff to hit the heart punch. After the pin Devastation Inc piled Bass on top of his partner and Smirnoff buried them both under the Soviet flag. For the third match in a row Stack had a guest on commentary, this time it was his "privilege" to share the booth with "General" Skandar Akbar who promised that his men would end " The pathetic resistance of that overgrown daddy's boy Windham & that preening milksop Perez" in their Texas Tornado match at the Sports Arena later today.

Commercial break-Steve Stack announces that on Memorial day WSW will hold a special show in the Coluseam in El Paso TX. Highlights will include a battle royal to open the card with the winner challenging Jumbo Tsuruta for the WSW Heavyweight Championship in the main event. Also in a special attraction Kendall Windham will go one-on-one with "The Russian Hammer" Alexis Smirnoff in a flag match. Furthermore to honor our nations heroes troops stationed at nearby Fort Bliss will receive their tickets free of charge.

Before the main event Steve Stack runs down the card for the Sports Arena later today.

The Invaders (1&3) vs "Wandering Assassin" Gypsy Joe & U.S Steel 

Kendo Nagasaki w/Tojo Yamamoto vs Cpl Kirchner 

Pvt Don Kernodle vs "Wild Tiger" Kim Duk w/Tojo Yamamoto 

The Glamor Boys (Steve Doll & Steve Simpson) vs Radiance ("Pretty Boy" Doug Somers & "The Flamboyant" Eric Embry)

Chicky Starr vs "The Pride of Montague County" Johnny Mantell 

Texas Tornado match 

Devastation Inc w/ Skandar Akbar vs Kendall Windham & "The Latin Heartthrob" Al Perez 

8 ManElimination match 

The Tribal Nation vs Dungeon of Doom 

Main event Taped fist match 

Terry Funk vs Mr Pogo w/Tojo Yamamoto 

Bell time 3pm tickets still available 

Main event 

Jimmy Jack Funk defeats "Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan with a schoolboy as Sullivan was distracted by Cocoa Samoa at ringside. During the match Stack announces that DiBiase & Williams have just arrived and are making a beeline for the studio.

After his win JJ goes over to the interview area where his "cousins" greet him with congratulations over his victory.

Stack: Congratulations Jimmy Jack on your victory but unfortunately we don't have time to discuss that further as I understand that...Yes here they come now..

DiBiase & Williams head to the interview area to a mixed reaction. The Amarillo faithful aren't sure what to think, some cheer which gets a bit of acknowledgment from DiBiase, some are already booing which earns them a glare from Williams which quits them rather quickly but most adopt a wait-and-see approach. At the interview area the Funks are as divided in their reaction as the audience, Dory smiles and offers both men a handshake which they accept after a seconds hesitation from DiBiase who has to visibly urge Williams to do the same. Behind Dory Terry looks anxious like he's waiting for the shoe to drop and is determined to be ready when it does and JJ looks a bit nervous but hopeful.

Dory: Gentlemen, welcome to Amarillo. I'm glad you accepted my invitation to settle this peacefully like civilized people.

DiBiase: Look Dory i know Steve and I have said some things out of frustration that weren't excactly helpful. But I know i speak for both of us when I say we respect what you've accomplished in this business even if we don't always agree with how you did it. Dory makes a "that's fair" gesture which Terry grudgingly agrees with. Having said all that there's really nothing to settle, NWA president Bill Watts has repeatedly said on television that Steve & myself are the recognized NWA World Tag Team champions. 

Terry: cutting in. Now wait just a Texas minute. We beat those slant eyed schusters in front of God and country!

Williams bristles at the interruption but is calmed by DiBiase.

DiBiase: Yeah but you see the problem is so did WE, WE won at Resurrection thereby successsuccessfully retaining OUR Tag Team Titles which were then STOLEN by those Jap jackasses. So if you're the gentlemen you keep saying you are you'll do the right thing and hand them to us right now.

Williams & DiBiase extend their hands, DiBiase looks patiently expectant, Williams looks just as expectant but considerably less patient. Meanwhile the Funk men huddle up before eventually Dory returns to the mic.

Dory: Look boys there's clearly one way to settle this fairly, The two of you vs my brother & I with the winners being recognized as the undisputed champions. What do you say?

DiBiase looks incredulous while Williams looks infuriated. DiBiase looks to take the mic back but Williams beats him to it.

Williams: Through teeth ground so tight his jaw may actually shatter.  Maybe Ted wasn't clear so let me put it in a way even a Texan can understand.*Boos* GIVE US OUR GODDAMN TITLES BEFORE I TAKE THEM OFF YOUR BROKEN CARCASSES! Was that clear enough for you two?

Dory is clearly taken back and before he can respond a seething Terry yanks the mic.

Terry: Chrystal now let me make mymyself perfectly clear, KISS MY TEXAS ASS YOU EGG SUCKING OAKIE DOG!

Williams looks like he's about to explode as DiBiase pulls him into a huddle while Dory hurriedly tries to calm his younger brother, it appears to be working...until Williams breaks away from DiBiase and socks Terry right in the mouth!  Terry reels back but then lunges at Williams! Fists are flying as DiBiase,Dory & JJ try to separate the two. They've almost succeeded by the time Zaibatsu storms the interview area and stars going after everyone! The locker room empties of everyone and the show goes off the air to the sight of a borderline riot.

Awesome show!

Sunny War Cloud makes for a good midcard babyface in this region of the country but Embry and Somers might make better heels then he is a babyface.  Like the structure of your roster a lot.

Between Zaibatsu and Dev Inc. the heels are going to be tough to keep at bay here.  Makes for a lot of heat which seels tickets!

The interview segment between the CHAMPS and the Funks was great.  Terry and his Egg Suckin Oakie Dog comment was great.  This is going to be a war.

The shows at the Sports Arena and in El Paso are going to be wild rides!  

Thanks for another enjoyable read.

Western States Wrestling 

Sports Arena 

Amarillo Texas 

Bell time 3pm 

The Invaders (1&3) defeat "Wandering Assassin" Gypsy Joe & U.S Steel after Invader 3 headbutts Joe with a loaded mask..

Kendo Nagasaki w/Tojo Yamamoto defeats Cpl Kirchner when Tojo distracted referee Bobby Pico as Kirchner had Kendo in the Cobra Clutch allowing for a low blow/thrust kick combo.

Pvt Don Kernodle defeats "Wild Tiger" with a neckbreaker. Tojo tried to interfere again but was stopped by Kirchner.

The Glamor Boys (Steve Doll & Steve Simpson) defeat Radiance ("Pretty Boy" Doug Somers & "The Flamboyant" Eric Embry) when Doll executed a crucifix on Somers. After the bell Radiance jump the Glamor Boys and to the outrage of the crowd, Embry produces a pair of scissors and they cut a strand of hair off of Doll & Simpson's heads.

Chicky Starr and "The Pride of Montague County" Johnny Mantell wrestled to a 20 minute time limit draw.

Windham & Perez enter together to " A country boy can survive" by Hank Williams Jr soaking in the cheers of the crowd. Those cheers turn to jeers as "War pigs" by Black Sabbath blairs over the pa system. The jeers devolve into confused murmuring as Skandar Akbar emerges alone,sunglasses on,a cigar in his grinning mouth. 

Akbar: I promised Devastation Inc would put an end to you two pantywaists and I meant it. But what I neglected to mention was the honor of destroying you goes to the newest members of Devastation Inc, so all you Amarillo mouthbreathers stand up a show some respect to my new clients, Makhan Singh, "The Great" Gamma Singh, Karachi Vice!

Texas Tornado match 

Karachi Vice (Makhan Singh & "The Great" Gamma Singh) w/"General" Skandar Akbar defeat Kendall Windham & "The Latin Heartthrob" Al Perez when Perez was forced to submit to Gamma's Camel Clutch while Makhan splashed Windham against the ringpost.

The Tribal Nation (Cocoa Samoa,Sunny War Cloud & WSW Tag Team Champions The Youngbloods) defeat Dungeon of Doom ("Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan, Abdullah the Butcher & the Moondogs) 

order of elimination 

Abdullah the Butcher eliminates Sunny War Cloud with the Sudanese Meatcleaver 

Chris Youngblood eliminates Rex with a top rope sunsetflip 

Spot is disqualified for hitting Chris with one of the Moondogs bones 

Kevin Sullivan eliminates Chris Youngblood  by pinning him as we was laid out from the bone shot

Cocoa Samoa and Abdullah the Butcher brawled to a double c.o 

Mark Youngblood eliminates Kevin Sullivan with the Tomahawk Chop 

Main event Taped Fist match 

Terry Funk defeats Mr Pogo w/Tojo Yamamoto in a bloody slugfest with a piledriver. After the match Tojo tried to hit Funk with the Japanese flag but Funk blocked it and piledrove Tojo.

Great show for the fans!

What a win for Sunny War Cloud and Tribal Nation.  Sullivan is struggling to find his way in Western States.  That could only mean he is going to get more dangerous.

Taped Fist Match... so very Western States!

And Dev. Inc gets even more scary with Gama and Makkhan Singh!!!  Nice idea... + it was in a Texas Tornado Match.  I like how you give all these little extras to a match to make it seem even more important.  Gene used to do this and I really thought a crowd would buy into things like this.  Nice job.

Each of the first 5 matches would be enjoyable to see and had something for all the fans.  You are doing a nice job of balancing the card and keeping people right where you have put them in terms of their status in Western States Wrestling.

WSW was on fire this week! 

Nice touch with wrestlers and managers adding commentary. 

I'm a big fan of Radiance. Nice to see them getting some shine. 

Tojo, Akbar and Sullivan are in a three way race for top heel faction. Everybody is doing such a great job of getting heat. 

Jimmy Jack is rolling right now. 

Here we go! The moment we've all been waiting for. I know Dibiase/Williams and the Funks scored some high ratings with that segment. I could feel the tension. Cooler heads DON'T prevail as we get one wild brawl! Awesome TV and Zaibatsu adds even more intrigue to this story. 

To the Sports Arena, 

When wrestling a masked heel team, always watch out for a loaded mask. 

That dirty Kendo gets the win over Kirchner. However, Kernodle evens things up with a win over Wild Tiger.

Glamor Boys get the win but loose some hair. Losing some hair is always heat in the territories. 

Texas top stars Chicky and Mantell go the limit. Hopefully we get some more matches. I think you could have a money making feud with these guys. 

Biggest surprise of the week for me. Karachi Vice is back! These guys had an amazing USWA title run so I'm so happy to see them pop back up. This is a Texas game changer. 

Wild and crazy elimination match! Good guys get a very satisfying win. That match was worth the price of admission.

You defiantly sent the fans home happy as Terry Funk not only gets the win but piledrives Tojo. What a moment. 

Western States Wrestling Presents 

Memorial day special 

May 31 1986 

The Coluseam

El Paso Texas 

Bell time 3:30pm 

We start the show with contest winner Juliana Colon singing the national anthem.

"The Pride of Montague County" Johnny Mantell wins a battle royal to earn a WSW Heavyweight Championship match in the main event last eliminating Kendo Nagasaki.

U.S Steel defeats Tojo Yamamoto with a big splash.

The Fort Bragg Brotherhood (Cpl Kirchner & Pvt Don Kernodle) defeat The Invaders (1&3) when Kirchner made Invader 1 submit to the Cobra Clutch.

Mark Youngblood defeats Moondog Rex w/ "Taskmaster" with a backslide. 

Chris Youngblood defeats Moondog Spot w/ "Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan by dq when Sullivan hit Chris in the back with a chair as he ran off the ropes. All hell breaks loose as the rest of The Tribal Nation & Dungeon of Doom run out causing a wild brawl that security barely breaks up. An enraged Chris holding his back takes the house mic.

Youngblood: I've had it with this bullshit! Sullivan you want another shot for your dogs to become tag Champs? Well you're gonna get it at Independent Together...Inside a steel cage!

Intermission 

"The Latin Heartthrob" Al Perez defeats "The Great" Gamma Singh w/ "General" Skandar Akbar with a bridging German suplex. 

Flag match

Kendall Windham defeats "The Russian Hammer" Alexis Smirnoff w/ "General" Skandar Akbar. After the match Akbar tried to attack Windham but was caught and, to the rabid cheers of the crowd, was planted with a running bulldog that sent his keffiyeh flying.

Dory Funk Jr defeats Chicky Starr with the Texas cloverleaf.

"The Pride of Montague County" defeats Jumbo Tsuruta (c) w/Tojo Yamamoto by dq. Jumbo was going for a lariat but Mantell caught his arm and turned it into a Russian leg sweep! Floatover pin...1.. 2...Tojo dives In and cracks Mantell with the Japanese flag! Mantell had it! Tojo stomps away on Mantell while the rest of Zaibatsu come down. Pogo helps Jumbo to his feet as the group surround a fallen Mantell. But before anything further can happen every face in the building runs down to ringside. Zaibatsu high tails it! The faces help up Mantell who can be heard shouting that this isn't over.

Memorial Day weekend always produced some great wrestling shows. WSW just proved that.

Mantell gets things going with a battle royal win and has earned himself a big shot at the title.

US Steel puts down that pest Tojo.

Fort Bragg Brotherhood get a big win for USA!

Tribal Nation vs. The Moondogs in a cage at Independent Together....OH YEA! 

I know Perez and Singh put on a solid match.

Kendall gets another huge win for USA by beating the Russian Smirnoff in a flag match. Icing on the cake as Akbar gets the bulldog.

This time Dory gets the win over Chicky.

Oh man, Mantell was so close but that sneaky Tojo spoils everything. At least the night ends on a high note with the faces chasing off the evil heels.

Nice job booking a lot of patriotic wins for the fans. 

Love the first Big card from Western States!!

Mantell with the Battle Royal win + the title win.  The heels struggles a big here tonight and I thought that was awesome.  

Good use of the Holiday with the FLag win by Windham over the Russian!!

Tribal Nation got the wins tonight but now we go to the Steel Cage!!  Watch out for Sullivan now.

WSW House Shows 

5-30-1986 Fair Park Coluseam Lubbock TX 

6-1-1986 Civic Auditorium Albuquerque NM 

6-2-1986 Denver Auditorium Denver CO 

6-3-1986 Civic Center Tulsa OK 

6-4-1986 The Myriad Oklahoma city OK 

The Glamor Boys (Steve Doll & Steve Simpson) defeat The Texas Outlaws (Jeff Sword & Doug Vines in masks) after hitting Glitz and Glam on Outlaw #2 (Sword)

"Wild Tiger" Kim Duk w/Tojo Yamamoto defeats U.S Steel after Tojo tripped Steel as he was going for a powerslam then, while ducking down beneath the apron, held Steel's feet while Alex Perez counted 3.

Pvt Don Kernodle w/Cpl Kirchner defeats "Pretty Boy" Doug Somers w/"The Flamboyant" Eric Embry by countering Somers backdrop attempt into a neckbreaker. Embry tried to break up the pin but Kirchner held him in place.

"Black Bullet" Shaska Whatley w/Slick defeats WSW Tag Team Champion Chris Youngblood. While Youngblood was on the top rope preparing for the Tomahawk chop Slick got on the apron and when confronted by Bobby Pico produced a stack of money which he seemed to offer Pico. While this was happening Whatley crotched a distracted Youngblood on the turnbuckle allowing him to hit a superplex for the win.

"The Latin Heartthrob" Al Perez defeats "The Great" Gamma Singh w/"General" Skandar Akbar by powering out of the camel clutch and hitting the bridging German suplex.

Makahn Singh w/"General" Skandar Akbar defeats Kendall Windham when Akbar trips Windham coming off the ropes for the lariat allowing Singh to hit a splash.

Dungeon of Doom ("Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan & Abdullah the Butcher) defeat The Tribal Nation (Sunny War Cloud & Cocoa Samoa) after Sullivan hits War Cloud with the Golden Spike behind referee Alex Perez's back.

The Funk family (Terry,Jimmy Jack & Dory Jr) defeat Zaibatsu (Mr Pogo,Kendo Nagasaki & Tojo Yamamoto) when Terry and Jimmy Jack hit a spike piledriver on Tojo.

Great set of house shows with a lot of chaos and brawling that leaves the fans happy and wanting more but not giving away to much of your story lines.  You could run the same card for weeks and just switch up the endings and the fans will keep coming back.  You have done a great job of putting everyone in the right spot on the card.  If you were to make one of those old time advertisments with the Funks vs Zaibatsu as the main event you could print money in Western States for 6 months and nobody would ever get tired of seeing it.

Western States Wrestling Episode 6

June 5 1986

From the KFDA-TV Studio in Amarillo Texas.

A montage of classic and recent Western States action set to "Into the fire" by Dokken opens the show. In a new addition to the intro it ends of a shot of WSW Heavyweight Champion Jumbo Tsuruta.

We cut to Steve Stack and commissioner Frank Duesk standing in front of a joint WSW and NWA banner.

Stack: Good morning ladies and gentlemen and welcome to another exciting episode of Western States Wrestling sanctioned by the National Wrestling Alliance,the premier governing body of professional wrestling the world over. And joining me today is the commissioner of WSW Mr Frank Dusek who i understand has a few announcements to make but before we get to that let's watch a brief recap of recent events.

A series of clips plays showing the end of last weeks episode devolving into a brawl between the Funk family,the recognized NWA World Tag Team champions Ted DiBiase & Steve Williams & Zaibatsu. It then shows some highlights of the memorial day show, Kendall Windham's victory in the flag match over Smirnoff, The two singles matches between the Youngblood Brothers and the Moondogs ending in (yet more) chaos leading to Chris's challenges to a cage match a Independent Together and finally Johnny Mantell winning the battle royal earning the WSW Heavyweight title shot only to have Tojo ruin it.

Stack: Quite a bit to unpack there Frank.

Dusek: Indeed there is Steve. First let me let me address something that wasn't covered in the video package. We are two matches into the tournament to crown our first Television Champion and while noone has directly interfered both matches ended because one of the combatants was distracted by a outside party. I will NOT have this tournament ruined because certain members of this roster engage in unprofessional behavior, as such i am hereby banning from ringside everyone except those in possession of a valid managers license. This ban will be place up to and including the finals at Independent Together. Oh and if a *air quotes* mysterious masked individual should happen to appear and get involved then the person they helped will be removed from the tournament and their opponent will advance. Secondly it is with considerably more pleasure that i announce that Chris Youngblood's challenges for a steel cage match against the Moondogs has been made official! HUGE POP. Finally as you can imagine i received a very angry phone call from Johnny Mantell regarding he's frankly being robbed of a chance to become WSW Heavyweight Champion on Memorial day. After some tense negotiations with Tojo Yamamoto on behalf of Mr Tsuruta we have reached an agreement. Later today at the Sports Arena Mr Mantell shall compete in a gauntlet match against the other four members of Zaibatsu *gasps* if he can defeat Tojo Yamamoto,Kim Duk,Kendo Nagasaki & Mr Pogo then he shall receive another chance at the title at Independent Together in a match in which all other members of Zaibatsu including Tojo Yamamoto will be banned from ringside! *Another big pop but Dusek looks uncomfortable*

Stack: Well that's certainly huge news but I sense there's more.

Dusek: Indeed there is. You if Johnny should lose to even one of his opponents then not only does he not receive the title match at Independent Together....He may never challenge for it again. Shocked reaction from the live crowd and Steve Stack.

Stack: And Mantell agreed to that?

Dusek: While he was advised against it Tojo refused to agree to ANYTHING unless this stipulation wad attached to which Mantell agreed after getting they agreed that Tojo would be Mantell's first opponent.

Stack: Well that's something to look forward to at least. Before you go Frank I couldn't help but notice you haven't addressed the ongoing issue regarding the NWA World Tag Team Titles.

Dusek: Well honestly Steve that's because there's nothing to report. The Funk's are still in possession of the physical titles while Ted DiBiase & Steve Williams are still the recognized champions. Zaibatsu's continued interference only muddies the water further. I want to ensure everyone i am in constant discussions with NWA officials including President Bill Watts and we are doing everything in our collective power to settle this once and for all. Thank you all for listening but I think I've talked long enough,Mr Stack kindly start our first match. Dusek leaves the interview area.

Stack: With pleasure sir and what an opening contest it is as we have a wrestler making his WSW debut!

Match 1

Rufus "Freight Train" Jones defeats Kellan "Hangman" Hain with a headbutt.

Commercial break-Steve Stack runs down the Western States live events for this coming week.

Match 2

"The Russian Hammer" w/"General" Skandar Akbar defeats "All-American" Ansel Tryell with the Heart Punch. After the match Smirnoff buried Tyrell under the Soviet flag.

Smirnoff heads to the interview area and snatches the mic from Steve Stack.

Smirnoff: Windham! You think you prove something by winning that ridiculous flag match? That you prove yourself the superior wrestler by waving that hideous flag? If you truly want to prove yourself meet Smirnoff in a man's match. At Independent Together on birthday of this pathetic country Smirnoff will break you in Russian chain match! If you are man enough to accept challenge.

Smirnoff shoves the mic into Stack's chest and storms off, a grinning Akbar following behind.

Match 3

Kendall Windham defeats Lyndon Revie with a Lariat.

A smiling Windham heads to the interview area.

Stack: Well Kendall I presume you heard the challenge from Mr Smirnoff, your response?

Windham: Oh I heard it and you better believe i accept! Big pop And since we're issuing challenges i have one for you, I gotta hand it to ya Akbar you've built quite an army to keep me away from your golden boy Brooks. Now I've been receiving backup from Al Perez lately but he's been entered in the TV Title tournament and he understandably wants to focus on that. So I went out and found me some new friends and with Frank Dusek's permission I've taken the liberty of arranging a 8 man tag at the Sports Arena later today. We'll see you there boys...but I feel i should warn you my new friends? They're a real Wild Bunch. Windham leaves the interview area 

Stack: More exciting Western States action after this.

Commercial break 

Match 4

The Glamor Boys (Steve Doll & Steve Simpson) defeat The Arsenal ("Pistol" Peyton Close & "Machine gun" Mack Rollins) with Glitz and Glam on Rollins. After the bell The Glamor Boys head to the interview area and swear vengeance on Radiance for cutting some of their hair last week!

Before the main event Steve Stack runs down the card for the Sports Arena later today.

Rufus "Freight Train" Jones vs The Lone Wolf 

The Fort Bragg Brotherhood issues an open challenge.

Cocoa Samoa vs "Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan 

Devastation Inc ("The Great" Gamma Singh,Mahkan Singh,"The Russian Hammer" Alexis Smirnoff & "Killer" Tim Brooks) w/ "General" Skandar Akbar vs Kendall Windham & 3 mystery partners.

Gauntlet match 

"The pride of Montague County" Johnny Mantell vs Tojo Yamamoto/"Wild Tiger" Kim Duk/Kendo Nagasaki/Mr Pogo 

Bonus matches signed if Gauntlet match ends prematurely.

Bell time 3pm tickets still available!

Main event. 

"Black Bullet" Shaska Whatley w/Slick defeats Pvt Don Kernodle with the Flying Willie.

Another fun loop with some fresh match ups. 

Glad you picked up Vines and Sword. Using them as masked heels is great. 

LOL, that Tojo continues to be a pain for US Steel. 

After that match, I'm hoping we get some Fort Bragg Brotherhood/Radiance matches. 

Shaska and Slick continue their winning ways. This duo has gotten really over with me. LOL at Slick for offering to bribe the Ref.

Karachi Vice go 50/50 tonight. Al Perez is going to be a huge star here. 

Dungeon of Doom win a battle tonight. Good booking. Dungeon needed this one. 

Blockbuster main event as the Funks not only get the win but nail Tojo with the spiked piledriver. That's the way to send fans home happy. 

Oh man, Mantell is going all or nothing for a another shot at the title. Huge task ahead. 

Rufus is a solid fit here.

Kendall accepts Smirnoff's Russian chain match challenge. Independent Together is shaping up into something big. Also looking forward to Kendall's wild bunch buddies coming in. 

Glamor Boys get a good TV showcase and vow revenge on Radiance.

The Black Bullet pulls off a big win over Kernodle. I can see Whatley with a TV title run. 

Cant wait for that Sports Arena card. 

Western States Wrestling 

Sports Arena 

Amarillo Texas 

Bell time 3pm 

Rufus "Freight Train" Jones defeats The Lone Wolf with the Freight Train (tackle)

The crowd was having a good time listening to "Real American" and watching Kirchner wave old glory while waiting for whoever was planning to answer the open challenge. Suddenly "Jive Soul Bro" burst over the pa system and a smiling Slick danced down to the ring and took the house mic.

Slick: Greetings and salutations my good soldia' boys performs the most half-assed salute you've ever seen Heard through the grapevine that y'all was sending out a challenge to any team in the good ol u.s of a. Well your timing couldn't not be any better cause my main man Shaska Whatley has been paying off like gangbusters which has allowed the Slickster to expand the Black Diamond talent agency into the tag team division. And you best believe that i signed the two meanest mamajamma's i could find, these cats are so bad they was trying to start a new promotion in Alabama but when they heard these two was coming the whole roster quite on the spot Hahaha come on down boys.

"Highway to Hell" by AC/DC comes over the pa system before being drowned out by the roar of two Harley Davidsons being ridden down the aisle by...Jeff Sword....Doug Vines...The Devil's Duo!

The Devil's Duo w/Slick defeats The Fort Bragg Brotherhood after Slick trips Kirchner allowing Duo to hit a back suplex/neckbreaker combo.

"Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan defeats Cocoa Samoa by hitting Cocoa with the Golden Spike while referee Alex Perez was helping security restrain Abdullah the Butcher.

Devastation Inc stands in the ring trading insults with the audience as "A country boy can survive" blairs over the pa system signaling the arrival of Kendall Windham, he feigns going down alone but instead gestures to the back summoning..."Wild" Bill & Scott "Hog" Irwin The Long Riders! Scott seems to want to get things started but Bill holds him back as the music fades and is replaced by "Rawhide" by Frankie Laine. Steve Stack can't hide his shock as he announces the final partner....Dutch Mantell! The four look at each other, nod then take of their coats and cowboy hats and charge the ring! Windham dives on Brooks! Mantell takes down Smirnoff! Karachi Vice and the Irwins are throwing bombs as Akbar & Stack scatter!

The Wild Bunch defeats Devastation Inc w/"General" Skandar Akbar in a batshit pier six brawl that ends with the Irwins destroy Gamma with a double superplex!

Gauntlet match round 1

"The Pride of Montague County" Johnny Mantell vs Tojo Yamamoto. Mantell pounces at the bell and never lets up. What follows is not a match so much as a several minutes long asswhooping. Finally after Tojo has been rendered battered,bruised & bloody Kim Duk storms down and attacks Mantell costing Tojo the match while possibly saving his life.

Round 2

"The Pride of Montague County" Johnny Mantell vs "Wild Tiger" Kim Duk. Duk lives up to his moniker as he tears into Mantell for several minutes with a variety of strikes and throws. Eventually however he makes a mistake that allows Mantell to collect himself and from there its a decidedly more even contest. They go back-and-forth until Duk reverses a Irish whip and goes for a clothesline which Mantell ducks under, grabs the arm and hits the Russian leg sweep! Floatover pin...1...2...3!

Mantell is trying to get to his feet as security escorts Duk to the back. Suddenly Kendo Nagasaki emerges from the crowd and blasts Mantell who was looking up the aisle! Nagasaki works him over a bit before Bobby Pico forces him back to check on Mantell who demands Pico ring the bell.

Round 3

"The Pride of Montague County" Johnny Mantell vs Kendo Nagasaki. Between Mantell's fatigue and the element of surprise Nagasaki controls much of the match though Mantell makes him work for it. Finally after 13 minutes Mantell gets the advantage and is seemingly about to win before Kendo sprays him with the asain mist! As Pico calls for the bell Nagasaki grabs his Kendo stick and rains blows on Mantell. Then he breaks the stick over his knee and to the horror of the crowd jams the edge into Mantell's mouth! Mantell flails as blood starts to pour from his mouth before security can pry Nagasaki off and the house doctor can check Mantell's mouth. As this is happening Mr Pogo calmly walks down the aisle and gets into the ring. Pico asks the doctor if Mantell can continue but Mantell cuts him off and insists he's fine. The doctor starts to argue but Mantell won't budge. Eventually the doctor & Pico agree and the bell is rung.

Final round 

"The Pride of Montague County" Johnny Mantell vs Mr Pogo. Pogo bullrushes Mantell immediately pummeling Mantell every type of strike,slam and suplex he knows. Each is followed by a pin attempt,each closer then the last. After yet another Mantell kickout Pogo changes tactic, throwing Mantell to the floor Pogo repeatedly slams him into the railing, ringpost and the ring apron before bodyslamming him on the floor and ordering Pico to count Mantell out. When Mantell beats the count at the last possible second Pogo snaps, diving on Mantell and raining shots down only stopping when Pico threatens disqualification. Determined to finish this Pogo sets up for a piledriver but Mantell crumbles as he is put into position. Pogo laughes before trying again but ad he bends down Mantell springs to life and pulls him into a inside cradle! 1...2...3!!! Mantell is going to Independent Together! Security hurriedly pulls Pogo out of the ring as Pico raises the hand of the exhausted Mantell. Suddenly a worried rumbling can be heard as Jumbo Tsuruta makes his into the ring where he....helps Mantell to his feet? Jumbo takes a step back and seemingly takes Mantell in before giving a slight bow then exiting, leaving his next challenger to bask in his moment with the extatic Amarillo crowd.