Pro Wrestling Only

Western States Wrestling

Autistic Dragon

Like the others have said, great job with this week's TV building up the Labor Day show, so much to look forward to there!

Al Perez would make an awesome TV champ, though I'm loving Whatley as champion with Slick by his side.

The Gang has been built well, he looks like a monster who could take the title from Nikita when given the chance.

The Brass Knux title will be a perfect fit here with all the roughhousers you have on your roster!

I'm hoping Chicky manages to not leave town....but if he does he could certainly have a home in CCW!

Embry is a heat machine! I like how the "Crybaby" chant is catching on.

Great win for Terry Funk to close the show!

Solid card at the Sports Arena that keeps building us to the Labor Day show!

Great work!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Western States Wrestling Live Events 

8/16/86 Fair Park Coluseam Lubbock TX 

8/18/86 Civic Auditorium Albuquerque NM 

8/20/86 The Myriad Oklahoma city OK 

Sunny War Cloud defeats The Midnight Stalker with a Tomahawk Chop.

"The Haitian Sensation" Tyree Pride & The South Pacific Connection defeat Black Diamond Talent Agency w/Slick when Pride hit the Flying Bodypress on Vine.

"The Latin Heartthrob" Al Perez defeats "Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan by DQ when Jason rushed the ring & attacked Perez. Cpl Kirchner ran down for the save leading to...

Cpl Kirchner defeats Jason the Terrible w/"Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan when Jason missed a diving headbutt & Kirchner locked on the Cobra Clutch causing Jason to pass out. Abdullah the Butcher jumped Kirchner post match drawing out Kernodle leading to...

Abdullah the Butcher w/"Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan defeats Pvt Don Kernodle with the Sudanese Meat Cleaver after a shot with the Golden Spike. Another post match brawl broke out involving the participants of the 3 previous matches leading to....

"The Latin Heartthrob" Al Perez & The Fort Bragg Brotherhood defeat Dungeon of Doom when Kernodle pinned Sullivan with a neckbreaker.

Shaska Whatley & Slick came down & declared a open challenge to anyone in the building. Which was answered by...The Midnight Stalker?

Non title 

The Midnight Stalker defeats "Black Bullet" Shaska Whatley w/Slick with a lightning quick Flying Bodypress at the opening bell! As Whatley & Slick regrouped on the floor Stalker removed his mask to reveal...Tyree Pride!

Western States Tag Team Championship 

The Moondogs (no Sullivan) defeat The Glamor Boys when Doll missed a cross-body off the top which the Moondogs followed with the backbreaker/elbow drop combination.

8/17/86 The Coluseam El Paso TX 

8/19/86 Denver Auditorium Denver CO 

8/21/86 Civic Center Tulsa OK 

Tojo Yamamoto defeats a local talent with a Stomach Claw.

Rufus "Freight Train" Jones defeats "Wild Tiger" Kim Duk w/Tojo Yamamoto with a headbutt. Post match Tojo berated Duk for his loss.

Killer Tim Brooks w/"General" Skandar Akbar defeats Jimmy Jack Funk following Funk being distracted by Chicky Starr walking to ringside smoking a cigar.

The Tribal Nation defeat The Super Destroyers when Chris made Super D submit to the Indian deathlock.

Mr Pogo w/Tojo Yamamoto Kendall Windham with a Nerve hold following a blow with the Japanese flag by Tojo.

"The Pride of Montague County" Johnny Mantell defeats "The Great" Gamma Singh w/"General" Skandar Akbar with the floatover Russian leg sweep.

"Dirty" Dutch Mantell defeats Chicky Starr when Starr tried to use a pipe on Mantell but it was taken by Jimmy Jack Funk distracting Starr enough Mantell could hit the Tennessee Chainsaw.

Western States Heavyweight Champion Jumbo Tsuruta & One Man Gang w/Tojo Yamamoto & "General" Skandar Akbar defeat "The Unpredictable" Dick Slater & Terry Funk when Akbar distracted the referee allowing Tojo to enter the ring & crack Slater in the head with the Japanese flag putting him in position for the 747.

Very creative booking with 3 matches leading to a 6 man tag. Fans got their money's worth for sure.

Whatley's open challenge backfires as The Haitian Sensation pulls one over on them and probably earned himself a TV title shot. 

Moondogs have a firm grip on the tag titles.

Only a matter of time before Duk snaps on Tojo. 

Good job keeping heat on the JJF/Chicky feud. 

Mantell keeps his stock up with a nice win over Gama. 

Blockbuster main event as Jumbo and OMG get a huge win over Slater and Funk (With a lot of help from Tojo) This adds fuel to the upcoming Jumbo/Slater title match. 

Good set of house shows that continue to push WSW towards the big Labor Day event.  Chicky cost Jimmy Jack Funk a match but then Funk gets revenge later in the card,  This is an awesome feud and you have done a nice job pushing this one.  Same thing goes for The Brotherhood vs Sullivan's goons.  One side gets the win and just a little later it gets evened out!  Really keeps us guessing as to which way the big one will turn out.

Tyree is really becoming a thorn in the side of Whatley and Slick!

If Kernodle broke Sullivan's neck, he would be the most popluar man in wrestling

Western States Wrestling Episode 16

From the KFDA-TV Studio in Amarillo Texas.

Airing live at Noon on WTBS Channel 17

(The usual opening montage set to "Into the fire" by Dokken opens the show ending on a shot of WSW Heavyweight Champion Jumbo Tsuruta. We then cut to Steve Stack standing in front of a joint WSW and NWA banner)

Stack: Hello everyone and welcome to another exciting episode of Western States Wrestling at High Noon sanctioned by the National Wrestling Alliance,the premier governing body of professional wrestling the world over. We're just 2 weeks away from the Labor Day Spectacular which is shaping up to be the biggest show in the modern era of Western States Wrestling. And it's still getting bigger because commissioner Dusek has given me permission to announce that at the Labor Day Spectacular there will be a Golden Opportunity battle royal in which the winner will be able to challenge for any title of their choosing. But that's in 2 weeks & we've got a amazing show for you today. Let's head down to the ring for our first match.

Match 1

"The Haitian Sensation" Tyree Pride defeats Doug Vines w/Slick with the Flying Bodypress.

Post match promo by Pride has him say that the "little prank" he played on Whatley was nothing compared to what will happen at the Labor Day Spectacular when Pride becomes the new Western States Television Champion!

Commercial-Steve Stack runs down the Western States live events for this coming week.

Match 2 

Non title 

NWA World Jr Heavyweight Champion "The Flamboyant" Eric Embry defeats "Jumping" Jack Austin with a piledriver. Embry actually had a bit of trouble here as he was repeatedly distracted by chants of "crybaby"

Post match promo by Embry sees the chants of "crybaby" continue with a flustered Embry vowing that the only "crybaby" will be whoever is stupid enough to answer his open challenge at the Labor Day Spectacular! A pouting Embry then storms off with the chants seeming to get louder.

Commercial-Promo for the Labor Day Spectacular. Tickets on sale now. Check your local listing.

Match 3

Karachi Vice w/"General" Skandar Akbar defeat Kennith Ogden & Drummond Bannerman when Ogden submitted to Gamma's Camel Clutch.

Post match promo by Akbar boasting that after the Labor Day Spectacular, every member of Devastation Inc will have gold around their waist.

Commercial-Promo for the Labor Day Spectacular. Tickets on sale now. Check your local listing.

Match 4

Jimmy Jack Funk defeats "Killer" Kyro Hull with the Spinning toe hold.

Post match promo by Funk has him say there's a simple 2 step plan. Step 1. Beat Kendo Nagasaki in a Bunkhouse match at the Sports Arena later today. Step 2. Run Chicky Starr clear outta Western States Wrestling in their Texas Death Match at the Labor Day Spectacular.

Commercial-Steve Stack runs down the card for the Sports Arena later today.

Jason the Terrible w/"Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan vs Rufus "Freight Train" Jones 

Killer Tim Brooks w/"General" Skandar Akbar vs Sunny War Cloud 

Cpl Kirchner vs "Wild Tiger" Kim Duk w/Tojo Yamamoto 

Radiance vs The South Pacific Connection 

Taped fist match 

Pvt Don Kernodle vs "Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan 

Bunkhouse match 

Jimmy Jack Funk vs Kendo Nagasaki w/Tojo Yamamoto 

Kendall Windham vs One Man Gang w/"General" Skandar Akbar 

Main event 

"The Unpredictable" Dick Slater & The Funk Brothers vs Zaibatsu (Western States Heavyweight Champion Jumbo Tsuruta, Mr Pogo & Tojo Yamamoto)

Bell time 3pm tickets still available.

Before the main event Steve Stack informs the audience that next week will mark the television return of the Dungeon of Doom. 

Main event 

Match 5

The Glamor Boys defeat The Super Destroyers after Glitz and Glam on Super D1.

Western States Wrestling.

Sports Arena.

Amarillo Texas.

Bell time 3pm.

Jason the Terrible w/"Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan defeats Rufus "Freight Train" Jones via referee stoppage after Jason mounted Jones and rained down headbutts with the hockey mask.

Killer Tim Brooks w/"General" Skandar Akbar defeats Sunny War Cloud with a second rope leg drop following a trip by Akbar.

Cpl Kirchner defeats "Wild Tiger" Kim Duk w/Tojo Yamamoto after Duk got caught up in a argument with Tojo allowing Kirchner to put on the Cobra Clutch. After the match Tojo & Duk got into a shouting match that continued all the way to the back.

The South Pacific Connection defeat Radiance after a double jumping headbutt to Somers. Throughout the whole affair Embry was repeatedly denying chants of "crybaby" which got worse after the loss which sent both Embry & Somers into full blown tantrums!

Taped fist match 

"Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan defeats Pvt Don Kernodle after Kernodle was distracted by The Moondogs trying to fight past security allowing Sullivan to retrieve the Golden Spike & drive it into Kernodle's head.

Bunkhouse match 

Jimmy Jack Funk defeats Kendo Nagasaki w/Tojo Yamamoto with a piledriver through a table. At one point Tojo brought down Kim Duk & seemed to try & get him to interfere but Duk simply glared at Tojo for a bit then walked away!

Kendall Windham vs One Man Gang w/"General" Skandar Akbar ended in a Double DQ when the other members of Devastation Inc & The Wild Bunch came down leading to a massive brawl that took the entire security team & a few wrestlers to break up.

"The Unpredictable" Dick Slater & The Funk Brothers defeat Zaibatsu (Western States Heavyweight Champion Jumbo Tsuruta,Mr Pogo & Tojo Yamamoto) when Tojo submitted to Slater's Figure Four leglock. The 6 men kept brawling after the bell the highlight of which was Jumbo managing to hit the Tiger Suplex on Slater!

Always a fan of the battle royal. Defiantly a golden opportunity on Labor Day.

Haitian Sensation is really getting over. Looking forward to his match with Whatley.

Loving the "crybaby" gimmick for Embry. The water works might come out on Labor Day. 

Karachi Vice is tuned up for their big world tag team match. 

Jimmy Jack is fired up and ready to fight. Chicky better bring it. 

Glamor Boys end the show on a high note.

To the Sports Arena,

The hockey mask gets the best of Freight Train's hard head. 

Brooks remains solid muscle for Akbar.

The tension is building between Duk and Tojo.

SPC send Radiance into a full blown tantrum LOL. 

I would of loved to have seen that Kernodle/Sullivan taped fist match. That dang Golden Spike strikes again. 

Oh man after what JJF did to Kendo, Chicky might want to pack his bags and skip their Labor Day match.

Kendall survives round 1 against OMG, thanks to a wild brawl. I think a rematch looms. 

Slater and the Funks get the win but Slater falls to the Tiger Suplex. Man I cant wait for their big match. 

Just 2 more weeks! 

I really enjoyed your tv show.  To me the territory system days where the best in wrestling.  Each promotion had their roster of 15-20 "stars" and each one seemed so important.  This is exactly how I feel when I read WSW and I love it.  You, just as Championhship Wrestling from Florida did back in the day, have made Tyree Pride a star and this is what makes it so great.  In today's world, Tyree Pride would have no spot in the sport.  

Looking forward to the Labor Day event.  The battle royal and all the big matches will be huge for you and the NWA.  

Each time you tell us about the crowd calling Embry a crybaby, I get a vivd picture in my mind about this.  Very well done!

As for the big event at the Sports Arena, I like that you added a Taped Fist Match.  This gets fans ready for the Labor Day show.  Throw in the Bunkhouse Match and you give us a true WSW feel.  Also, I give you credit for keeping Kendall strong as we head into the big event.  One Man Gang has been such a monster and you found away to keep it all moving forward.  Nice job.

8/23/86 Fair Park Coluseam Lubbock TX 

8/25/86 Civic Auditorium Albuquerque NM 

8/27/86 The Myriad Oklahoma city OK 

The Glamor Boys defeat The Texas Outlaws with Glitz and Glam on Outlaw #1.

Jason the Terrible w/"Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan defeats Sunny War Cloud with the Northern Lights Bomb.

"The Haitian Sensation" Tyree Pride defeats "Pretty Boy" Doug Somers with the Flying Bodypress.

The Devil's Duo w/Slick defeat The Tribal Nation after Slick hit Mark with what appeared to be a loaded sock allowing the Duo to hit the Devil's Bargin.

Cocoa Samoa & Moondog Rex w/"Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan go to a Double C.O

"The Latin Heartthrob" Al Perez defeats Moondog Spot w/"Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan by DQ when Spot repeatedly struck Perez with his bone. Perez needed to be helped to the back.

Non title 

"Black Bullet" Shaska Whatley w/Slick defeats "The Polynesian Prince" Siva Afi after Slick distracted the ref allowing Whatley to hit Siva with the Television Title.

Texas Tornado match 

The Fort Bragg Brotherhood defeat Dungeon of Doom (Sullivan & Abdullah) when Kirchner choked Abby out with the Cobra Clutch.

8/24/86 The Coluseam El Paso TX 

8/26/86 Denver Auditorium Denver CO 

8/28/86 Civic Center Tulsa OK 

"Wild Tiger" Kim Duk defeats a local talent with a Shoulder Breaker. Curiously Tojo didn't accompany Duk to the ring.

Kendall Windham defeats The Lone Wolf with a Bulldog.

The Long Riders defeat Zaibatsu (Kendo Nagasaki & Tojo Yamamoto) with a double superplex on Tojo.

Makahn Singh w/"General" Skandar Akbar defeats Jimmy Jack Funk with a running senton. Chicky Starr attacked Funk on his way to the ring & Funk was never really able to get going In the match.

Killer Tim Brooks w/"General" Skandar Akbar defeats "The Pride of Montague County" Johnny Mantell with a powerslam after Akbar hit Mantell in the back with a chair.

"Dirty" Dutch Mantell defeats The Super Destroyer with the Tennessee Chainsaw.

Chicky Starr defeats Terry Funk with a pair of brass knuckles.

Zaibatsu atsu (Western States Heavyweight Champion Jumbo Tsuruta & Mr Pogo) w/Tojo Yamamoto defeat "The Unpredictable" Dick Slater & Dory Funk Jr when Jumbo pinned Dory with the Tiger Suplex following a distraction by Tojo.

Glamour Boys have been quietly racking up some wins. 

Jason is giving OMG a run for top WSW monster.

The Haitian Sensation is becoming a star. 

Slick is really earning his money as he helps the Duo and Whatley win their matches. 

Poor Perez took quite a beating from Spot's bone. I'm sure the Latin Heartthrob will live to fight another day.

Fort Bragg Brotherhood might be the toughest team in the game after beating Sullivan and Abby in a tornado match. 

Hmmmm, no Tojo with Duk. 

Kendall continues to look strong.

OK, I'm so looking forward to the Labor Day match between Chicky and JJF. That's going to be a barn burner! 

Mantell wont take that loss to Brooks lightly. Akbar might of made a huge mistake. 

WHOA! Even though he needed brass knuckles, beating Terry Funk might be Chicky's biggest win ever.

Jumbo looks almost unbeatable. Will Slater be able to dethrone him? I can't wait to find out. 

Western States Wrestling Episode 17

8/29/86

From the KFDA-TV Studio in Amarillo Texas.

Airing live at Noon on WTBS Channel 17.

(The usual montage of Western States action set to "Into the fire" by Dokken opens the show ending on a shot of WesWestern States Heavyweight Champion Jumbo Tsuruta. We cut to Steve Stack standing in front of a joint WSW and NWA banner)

Stack: Hello everyone and welcome to another exciting episode of Western States Wrestling at High Noon sanctioned by the National Wrestling Alliance,the premier governing body of professional wrestling the world over. We're just 8 days away from the Labor Day Spectacular which promises to be a gamechanging night for Western States Wrestling. Every match on today's program will feature wrestlers signed to compete on that event. We'll also be hearing from several others. But before we get to all that i wanna bring in Tojo Yamamoto & Kim Duk (boos as the Japanese duo enter the interview area. Duk is casting a annoyed glare in Tojo's direction) Gentlemen I & several others have noticed a certain tension developing between you two and you both agreed to come out here & air your grievances like professionals.

Tojo: Thank you for that very long & boring introduction Mr Steve Stack. Duk-San when you lose to greasy haired pretty boy at big Resurrection event Papa-san feel very sorry for you. Which why I make generous offer to take you under my wing & promise to make you a winner. And while you have not been total failure you not progress like Papa-san expect & I've been getting very frustrated with this & maybe I not handle it well. So I meditate on it and after much contemplating I realize what is the problem(Tojo closes his eyes and takes a deep breath like he's about to do something really difficult) IT'S YOU!!! You are the problem! I can't believe i waste so time & energy trying to make something of a no talent mentality retarded loser like you! (To put a exclamation point on his dressing down Tojo rears back & slaps Duk! Duk looks shocked at first but his expression changes to cold fury & he lunges at Tojo & starts throttling him which gets the crowd cheering until a masked man runs out & blasts him from behind! The masked man, who a Stack identifies as Super Strong Machine beats on Duk for a bit with Tojo getting his shots in. SSM holds up Duk allowing Tojo to get a couple more slaps before driving Duk's head into the announcer's table. The two begin to leave but Tojo get a look like he just remembered something & grabs the mic from Stack)

Tojo: Oh by the way...you're fired.

(Tojo & SSM leave while security tends to Duk leaving a stunned Stack to send us to the ring)

Match 1

"The Haitian Sensation" Tyree Pride defeats The Lone Wolf with the Flying Bodypress.

Commercial-Steve Stack runs down the altered Western States live event schedule for the coming week.

(We return to Steve Stack joined by Radiance. Embry boasts that it literally makes no difference who answers his open challenge because there's no Jr Heavyweight who even remotely compares to him. Somers vows to win the "Golden Opportunity" battle royal & add more gold to Radiance thereby doing what should be impossible, making them even more beautiful! Throughout the interview the audience is loudly chanting "crybabys")

Match 2

The Fort Bragg Brotherhood defeat The Texas Outlaws when Outlaw#2 submitted to Kirchner's Cobra Clutch.

Commercial-Promo for the Labor Day Spectacular! Tickets on sale now. Check your local listing.

(We return to 5 men warming up & getting each other hyped as "Angel of death" by Slayer roars over the pa system as the entire Dungeon of Doom storm the ring)

Match 3

Dungeon of Doom defeat Devin Whitehead, Tyrrell Rowntree, Greg Lincoln, Sebastian Hardy & Arlen Burton when Hardy is destroyed by a double stomp from Sullivan, the backbreaker/elbow drop combo from the Moondogs, The Sudanese Meat Cleaver from Abby & finally the diving headbutt from Jason. The post match slaughter eats up the scheduled interview time & takes us to...

Commercial-Promo for the Labor Day Spectacular! Tickets on sale now. Check your local listing.

(We return to Steve Stack joined by Dick Slater. Slater vows to end the dominant reign of Jumbo Tsuruta & carry WSW on his back into the future)

Match 4

Jimmy Jack Funk defeats The Midnight Stalker with the spinning toe hold. Throughout the match Funk can be heard screaming "Chicky"

Commercial-Steve Stack runs down the card for the Sports Arena later today.

Special challenge match.

"Wild Tiger" Kim Duk vs Super Strong Machine w/Tojo Yamamoto 

"The Haitian Sensation" Tyree Pride & The Tribal Nation vs Black Diamond Talent Agency w/Slick 

Texas Tornado match 

Radiance vs The Glamor Boys 

Taped fist match 

Cpl Kirchner vs Jason the Terrible w/"Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan 

Jimmy Jack Funk & Dory Funk Jr vs Chicky Starr & a partner of his choosing

8 man tag elimination match 

The Wild Bunch vs Devastation Inc w/"General" Skandar Akbar 

"Pick your poison" matches 

"The Unpredictable" Dick Slater vs a opponent of Jumbo Tsuruta's choosing 

Non title 

Western States Heavyweight Champion Jumbo Tsuruta w/Tojo Yamamoto vs a opponent of Dick Slater's choosing.

Bell time 3pm tickets still available!

Before the main event Stack reminds the audience that because of the Labor Day Spectacular there will be no episode of Western States Wrestling or show at the Sports Arena next Sunday.

Main event 

The Wild Bunch (Kendall Windham & "Dirty" Dutch Mantel) vs Devastation Inc (Killer Tim Brooks & One Man Gang) w/"General" Skandar Akbar ends in a No Contest as Karachi Vice & The Long Riders all interfere. The final visual is all 8 men throwing hands as Stack hardsells the Labor Day Spectacular one last time.

Western States Wrestling 

Sports Arena 

Amarillo Texas 

Bell time 3pm 

"Wild Tiger" Kim Duk & Super Strong Machine w/Tojo Yamamoto ends in a Double C.O. The 2 keep brawling until Commissioner Dusek announces a rematch at the Labor Day Spectacular & in a Karate match! And if Duk wins he gets 5 minutes with Tojo!

"The Haitian Sensation" Tyree Pride & The Texas Nation defeat Black Diamond Talent Agency w/Slick when Chris Youngblood pinned Sword with a Tomahawk Chop. Midway through the match Pride & Whatley brawled through the crowd followed by Slick.

Texas Tornado match 

Radiance defeat The Glamor Boys when Embry pinned Doll after hitting him with the Jr Heavyweight title behind the referee's back.

Taped fist match 

Cpl Kirchner defeats Jason the Terrible w/"Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan. Sullivan tried to pass Jason the Golden Spike but was intercepted by Kernodle which distracted Jason enough for a bloody Kirchner to lock in the Cobra Clutch.

Chicky Starr & Abdullah the Butcher defeat Jimmy Jack Funk & Dory Funk Jr when Chicky pinned Dory after hitting him with brass knuckles. Chicky & JJ had to be kept apart by security after the bell.

8 man tag elimination match 

Order of elimination 

Scott "Hog" Irwin eliminates "The Great" Gamma Singh after a double superplex.

Makahn Singh eliminates "Wild" Bill Irwin with a powerslam.

One Man Gang eliminates Scott "Hog" Irwin with the 747.

"Dirty" Dutch Mantell & Killer Tim Brooks are both counted out while brawling up the aisle.

Kendall Windham eliminates Makahn Singh after Singh & OMG collide allowing Windham to hit a bulldog from the second rope.

One Man Gang eliminates Kendall Windham when a distraction from Akbar leads to a splash in the corner followed by the 747.

OMG is sole survivor!

"Pick your poison" match #1

"The Unpredictable" Dick Slater defeats Kendo Nagasaki w/Tojo Yamamoto with a spinning neckbreaker.

"Pick your poison" match#2

Non title 

Western States Heavyweight Champion Jumbo Tsuruta w/Tojo Yamamoto defeats Terry Funk when a trip from Tojo allowed Jumbo to hit the Tiger Suplex. After the bell Terry got a hold of Tojo & piledrove him to send the crowd home happy.

Another good week in WSW as we continue to head towards the big Labor Day event.

I thought you did a great job of bringing in Super Strong Machine and the scene with Duk and Tojo was really well done.

Crybaby Embry continues to be a story I enjoy.  Nice job.

Funk calling out Chicky Starr was a nice touch to add to that feud.

Pick your Poison Matches was an interesting idea.  One day, Funk or Slater is going to get Jumbo!

I am also enjoying your development of Kendall Windham.  He is an example of why I think your promotion is one of the most realistic for the time.  In the overall game, he has taken a back seat but for you he is a pretty big star.  In real life, he had a big run in a few territories including Florida.

Thanks for all your hard work.  I hope it is as fun for you to write as it is for me to read.

Great opening segment. Tojo's promo, Duk getting ready to destroy Tojo, and the arrival of Super Strong Machine. The build to this was very well done.

LOL, the crybaby chants continue. Man, I hope Embry loses his title just so I can watch him throw a tantrum to loud crybaby chants. 

Fort Bragg Brotherhood have some serious momentum going. 

Dang! Dungeon of Doom with an epic squash! 

I'll say it again, JJF vs. Chicky is going to tear the house down. 

Heels jump on the babyfaces to end the show. Nice last minute heat for Labor Day. 

Wild night at the Sports Arena, 

Duk and SSM kick off their feud which now leads to a karate match on Labor Day. 

Pride is going to give Whatley a challenge. 

Radiance pull one over on the Glamour Boys. Will Embry have his title long enough to do this again? 

Kernodle is a true brother to Kirchner and helps his partner get a big win over Jason. 

Well, Chicky couldn't of picked a better partner than Abby. 

OMG is the sole survivor as his monster push continues. 

Slater overcomes Kendo. Next up-Jumbo. 

Slater was impressive but Jumbo has been looking like an unbeatable machine. This time he gets a huge win over Terry Funk! At least Terry gets to send the fans home happy.

Jumbo vs. Slater might be WSW's biggest main event to date. 

As much as I enjoyed the house show at the Sports Arena (my favorite actually being the opener, given the build coming out of the TV), the TV was especially strong. I thought the delivery of Tojo, so properly capturing his verbal cadence and hints of broken English were extremely well-placed. Nerdy observation, I know. :)

House show had a great follow-up, with the finish building to a bigger match with higher stakes. It's a very 80's heat-builder to put the heel manager's well-being on the line, particularly when said heel manager deserves it. And, in this case, Tojo has several ass-whoopings with his name on them! On that note, FUNK absolutely gave the crowd a taste of euphoria to close that house show!

Sidenote: Needing another Jumbo/Funk Title match, especially given the way this one ended.

Bring on Labor Day!

Western States Wrestling Spot Shows 

8/31/86- The Coluseam, Brownwood, TX 

9/2/86- The Coluseam, San Angelo, TX 

"Wild Tiger" Kim Duk defeats The Midnight Stalker with a Shoulderbreaker.

Steve Simpson defeats Tojo Yamamoto with a splash off the top rope.

Super Strong Machine defeats Steve Doll with the Devil Windmill Suplex (Bridging hammerlock suplex)

"The Haitian Sensation" Tyree Pride & "The Latin Heartthrob" Al Perez defeat The Devil's Duo (No Slick) when Pride hit the Flying Bodypress on Sword while Perez hit the Bridging German Suplex on Vine & the ref counted both pins.

Zaibatsu (Western States Heavyweight Champion Jumbo Tsuruta & Mr Pogo) w/Tojo Yamamoto defeat "The Unpredictable" Dick Slater & "The Pride of Montague County" Johnny Mantell when Tojo cracked Mantell in the back with the Japanese flag as he was coming off the ropes allowing Pogo to hit a piledriver. Slater & Jumbo were fighting on the floor while this was happening & had to be pulled apart by security.

9/1/86 City Auditorium, Colorado Springs, CO 

9/3/86 Agriculture Palace, Pueblo, CO 

"Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan defeats A local talent with a Double Stomp.

The Fort Bragg Brotherhood defeat The Super Destroyers when Kernodle pins Super Destroyer #1 with a neckbreaker.

Non Title 

Western States Television Champion "Black Bullet" Shaska Whatley w/Slick defeats Sunny War Cloud with the Flying Willie.

The Long Riders defeat Radiance when Embry got so distracted by the chants of "crybaby" he didn't notice Bill line him up for a bicycle kick.

Killer Tim Brooks w/"General" Skandar Akbar defeats Mark Youngblood with a second rope legdrop.

Karachi Vice w/"General" Skandar Akbar defeat The South Pacific Connection when Akbar distracted the ref allowing Gamma to hit Siva with a chair while Makahn kept Cocoa busy on the floor.

Kendall Windham & Jimmy Jack Funk defeat Chicky Starr & One Man Gang w/"General" Skandar Akbar by DQ when Chicky started choking Funk with his wrist tape & wouldn't stop before the ref counted to 5. Starr had to be pulled off Funk by security.

Western States Tag Team Championship 

The Moondogs w/"Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan defeat The Funk Brothers when Spot hit Dory with a bone while the ref was trying to separate Terry & Rex.