Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 04/19 - 04/25 Florentino Perez I challenge you to a boxing match

KawadaSmile

10 hours ago, sek69 said:

Watching NXT and Indi Hartwell constantly getting cockblocked is the best long term angle in wrestling right now.

Hugo is carnying it up 24/7, he's one of the least trusted "sources" out there so take everything he says with a grain of salt. I love the dude but that's just how it is with him.

Edit: And yeah, he does have some scoops from time to time but that's always in the middle of a pile of bullshit he just says for clicks and attention.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually came to post that, considering it was one of the reasons she left in the first place and I had just seen people speculating recently (based on nothing apparently) that she may be on the verge of returning

Happy for her personally because it's clearly something she wanted, and happy for her professionally as it keeps her away from the dumpster fire that is modern WWE

I really liked that Orton/Riddle match. I feel like with Orton that most of the time he is boring, but when he wants to he can be good. Or maybe it depends on who his opponent is or who is the producer or agent for the match. One thing he does have is a kind of presence in the ring. I think he must really be an asshole in real life and that's why he is believable as an assole in the ring. Or it could be I am happy that Bray Wyatt was not involved in this match.

10 hours ago, TheDuke said:

I really liked that Orton/Riddle match. I feel like with Orton that most of the time he is boring, but when he wants to he can be good. Or maybe it depends on who his opponent is or who is the producer or agent for the match. One thing he does have is a kind of presence in the ring. I think he must really be an asshole in real life and that's why he is believable as an assole in the ring. Or it could be I am happy that Bray Wyatt was not involved in this match.

Yeah, it was some good shit through and through. Orton willing to work extra snug against someone who can hit hard is good shit. His chest has disgusting afterward.

here we go again

I don't know where all the talk about him retiring came from. He said multiple times that he retired one time and doesn't want to do it again, he literally said that he wants to wrestle until he's 70, like Terry Funk.

I have a feeling that he will leave WWE and will go to work in México, Japan, Barnett's company, etc. Maybe AEW is the best option for all of that. Actually, I think the Bucks said two years ago that Bryan had an agreement with NJPW before WWE cleared him, and he wanted to have a program against the Bullet Club. So, him being friends with the Bucks, Cody, Arn Anderson, Moxley and others make things more easy for him to go there and have all this freedom that he is asking for with a contract that allows him to wrestle everywhere else.

Just now, Gramsci said:

I don't know where all the talk about him retiring came from. He said multiple times that he retired one time and doesn't want to do it again, he literally said that he wants to wrestle until he's 70, like Terry Funk.

It came from him saying in an interview that he had no feeling about being in the main event of WM and generally sounding like his passion for wrestling was being stomped out. It came off like he was having some serious buyer's remorse over re signing with WWE the last time around and people are hoping that means he'll go elsewhere this time around.

Sorry, I didn't mean in this post. I was refering that lately I've reading a lot of people in forums an twitter talking like if Bryan is thinking about retiring when he's just talking about going part time. He just wants to wrestle between 30 - 50 matches a year instead of 200. 

The interview where he said that he wants to wrestle until he's 70 is from two or three months ago in a wrestling website from Catalonia (Spain).

It's true that he has said that he felt "out" in the Mania match, but I just see that as a confirmation that he is seriously considiring to go wrestle outside WWE, where he'll be able to have his own schedule.

There's the interview.

He's not retiring and he's not "dead inside" lmao. He's puzzled at how he felt and took it as a sign that going part time is the best way to go. He never even implies he's retiring. He even goes into saying he didn't  want to be in the Edge vs Roman feud because he felt it was strong by itself and that maybe that was why he felt "weird" that day.

He did say he never wants to fully retire, but he also said his career as a full-timer is winding down. Meltzer once said that Bryan actually enjoys being on the road and traveling with the boys. However, Bob Sapp once said something to the effect that the richer he was, the more getting punched in the face hurt. By the same token, being on the road constantly isn't nearly as appealing when you're financially secure and have two small children.

So Adnan Virk mentioned Michael Cole told him to never look at social media to see what people think about his performance no matter if its good or bad, because only one person matters. Not a surprise but it's nice to see the "audience of one" confirmed every so often.

1 hour ago, strobogo said:

Even if it wasn't an audience of one, I think "never look at social media" is probably good advice for anyone in any role on TV

It is, but when the job of an announcer is to be the  bridge between the company and the fans it's probably not super great to ignore any and all feedback from said fans.

I mean, there has to be a happy medium between being Hypersensitive Online and being all "fuck what the fans think, only worry about the boss" right? Especially when the main reason everyone thinks WWE announcing is terrible is that Vince wants them to be the way they are? It's little things like that which lead to the weird cult mentality that exists there. 

4 hours ago, SirEdger said:

I wish I could say that I'm outraged but in reality, I've just become numb to how tone deaf Vince & Bruce can be to the women in WWE.

I mean I get it, this certainly isn't their finest moment, and Twitter loves to eat this shit up. But what are they supposed to send it in, a gift box? A Halliburton briefcase? A little coffin? Maybe they could make it play "The Way We Were" and "Happy Trails" when she opens it.

If you took it to FedEx and had a packaging professional do it, I'm pretty sure they'd put it into a plastic bag inside of a cardboard box, too.

I'm sure it's entirely fair to expect a billion dollar company to do something a little more professional than putting your shit in a trash bag and mailing it to you.

When my company made the decision we were all working from home permanently, all the stuff that was left in my desk was neatly packed in a box without needing to be put in a goddamn Hefty bag. 

It's just callous and thoughtlessness that either no one involved thought this would be a bad look, or someone did and they just didn't give a shit. 

As I said in the other thread, it's telling that they only suddenly were outraged about it when someone tweeted about it. A few other women responded that their stuff was handled the same way.