Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - April 21, 2021

MoS

This match is a bit sloppy and repetitive/plodding, but both Page and Starks are really talented and Hangman is over enough that as long as he does some good power spots, it doesn't really matter. Plus, known main event star and ratings mega-draw HOOK is at ringside 

No idea why Trent is trying to even do an apron Piledriver. Course, I have no idea why he's employed, so whatever.

That promo segment  with The Pinnacle was great. Fucking great. Wardlow super impressed me but MJF is on another level from everyone.

I am glad MJF is being fully serious now, instead of trying to do the promo equivalent of "getting your shit in", where he would also try to insert witty lines and funny jokes and disrupt the rhythm of his promo. There were still jokes here - and as well as some shooty elements which I always dislike - but overall it was a lot more serious and focused, and as a result it turned out pretty great

1 hour ago, strobogo said:

They finally promoted Swann vs Omega and it was on a PIP break and then they didn't mention it once they came back lmao

Tony Khan was asked about this and he basically said something like he was not going to spend his money promoting an Impact PPV and that that is Impact's job. Not sure I agree with his line of thinking. 

This women's title match has been great so far. Shida has quietly had an excellent tile reign, carrying green, often bad workers to decent to very good matches, and having  some fantastic matches with their better talents. Her reign is numbered, cuz it's Britt's time, but I hope she is remembered for pretty much establishing the AEW women's division and making that title feel legit and important. 

2 minutes ago, MoS said:

Tony Khan was asked about this and he basically said something like he was not going to spend his money promoting an Impact PPV and that that is Impact's job. Not sure I agree with his line of thinking. 

This women's title match has been great so far. Shida has quietly had an excellent tile reign, carrying green, often bad workers to decent to very good matches, and having  some fantastic matches with their better talents. Her reign is numbered, cuz it's Britt's time, but I hope she is remembered for pretty much establishing the AEW women's division and making that title feel legit and important. 

This whole partnership just ending up being Cyrus getting a new job and Gallows and Anderson jerking off on TNT while Tony Khan buries TNA on their own show for months is really something.

The last two minutes of the Jericho promo was excellent. Tony Khan needs to tell him to flat out stop making any jokes or puns or songs or whatever. Jericho has a terrible sense of humour and is far less funny than he thinks it is 

6 minutes ago, MoS said:

The last two minutes of the Jericho promo was excellent. Tony Khan needs to tell him to flat out stop making any jokes or puns or songs or whatever. Jericho has a terrible sense of humour and is far less funny than he thinks it is 

I am crazy or did he forget his last line in his show tune? That part of the promo was cringeworthy. 

13 minutes ago, MoS said:

These promises of violence would feel so much more impactful if you hadn't spent the previous 5 minutes cracking corny stupid bad jokes, Jericho

You're not wrong, but at least there's the implied guarantee that in AEW you'll actually get blood and guts in a Blood and Guts match as opposed to the other guys.