Pro Wrestling Only

Footage that Exists

Sareee vs Aja Kong for the Diane championship on Feb 11, 2019. There's a highlight reel that was on one of Samurai TV's wrestling recap shows but that's it. Sareee has a full crimson mask, the crowd is loud, weapons, tables, mist, all just under 13 minutes and the only video available is a 3-minute clipped version.

I think there is a good chance he has the 93 matches. I know on twitter he just posted that he received a recent batch of converted tapes, so it will be interesting to see what new turns up over the next few weeks. The XEQ footage Roy has been uploading has been incredible. Feels like he has been uploading footage that Lynch was missing on a weekly basis. 

3 hours ago, Cien Caras said:

Does WCW Pro in 1993 exist anywhere?

Also, 1998 Pro. Yes, Pro continued in syndication form after it left TBS with the debut of Thunder, for about another 9 months. It was mostly repeats with some exclusives mixed in. Someone on DDTDigest recapped most of them.

8 hours ago, Phil Schneider said:

I could have sworn that Scott Decker had a Jerry Lawler vs. Ronnie Garvin match on one of his comp tapes, I can't find any record of the match lists from those comps. I would assume it would have been either 9/3/88 or 10/30/88 which are the only two singles between the two on Cagematch

They weren't on his comps. He had two Memphis arena footage tapes from 1988, I believe, and I've never seen them on anyone else's list. Ever. My hunch is they were later period SCORE Match of the Week picks, as I believe the Jackson/Tupelo/etc. Memphis B-show was gone by then.

Some other things off the top of my head before I go back to sleep:

The 1981 Jonesboro shows that Randy Hales shot while going to broadcasting school in watchable quality. Charles Warburton was the source for the version we have, and I've never seen it anywhere else. Randy doesn't have this stuff anymore, either.

The Memphis arena stuff from 1980-1981 that RF sold while working with Cornette that seemingly only Warburton bought.

Various Japanese indie scum shows that disappeared from circulation after Scott Mailman and Nathan Julian vanished and I lost my tape collection to Hurricane Sandy.

Evansville handhelds circa 1993 that were in the old phone book sized RF Video tape list via xeroxes of someone else's list (maybe Jeff Osborne's?)

Full versions of the UWA matches that aired on World Pro Wrestling.

The '80s Giant Baba anime.

MTV broadcast of the Brawl to Settle it All.

The Ron Rivera/Rudos Video "satellite TV" comps in general, but especially for the complete version of Sagrada-Black Cat.

The late period LeBell and early LA lucha stuff from the "jellybeans" YouTube channel.

Mitch Lucas's Continental TV that he taped himself from mid-1986 through the end.

The July 2001 (I think) episode of DDT's monthly show on Mirai TV. Nathan had bought that month's Doglegs show from Jeff Lynch, it has the intro of the DDT show after, and it hyped up a ladder match of some sort with guest stars like Hideki Nishida mixed in. It looked incredible. But when Nathan asked Jeff about it after getting the Doglegs tape, Jeff said he didn't have it?

I'll stop now.

Just now, Bix said:

Evansville handhelds circa 1993 that were in the old phone book sized RF Video tape list via xeroxes of someone else's list (maybe Jeff Osborne's?)

The Evansville handhelds I saw were definitely from Jeff Osborne as he used to do a little introduction about the shows before the footage. 

I was heavily into MMA at the time and recognized him from Hook 'n' Shoot and UFC and was surprised that he was this super wrestling fan prior to MMA, going to and filming USWA spot shows.

13 hours ago, GSR said:

The Evansville handhelds I saw were definitely from Jeff Osborne as he used to do a little introduction about the shows before the footage. 

I was heavily into MMA at the time and recognized him from Hook 'n' Shoot and UFC and was surprised that he was this super wrestling fan prior to MMA, going to and filming USWA spot shows.

Any idea why these never circulated much? I don't think I ever saw them anywhere outside of the RF list, and the one time I tried getting what looked like some of them from Friedlander's "no listing" section, they were mislabeled.

On 4/22/2021 at 10:19 PM, Loss said:

What's out there that no one seems to have, that I know of:

- Low Ki vs Trent Acid in the cage match from JCW in 2000
- That Santo-Quackenbush tag match from the same tour as their singles match
- Tons of APW shows

Rev Ray Duffy has the Santo/Quack tag match. I don't know if anyone has contact with him, though.

Here is Low Ki vs Trent

Just now, Bix said:

Any idea why these never circulated much? I don't think I ever saw them anywhere outside of the RF list, and the one time I tried getting what looked like some of them from Friedlander's "no listing" section, they were mislabeled.

No idea.  I picked up a copy of one of the discs (which was numbered) from a UK trader (alpha65) because I was looking to collect as much Memphis as possible and this 90's handheld of some USWA spot show, having never seen a USWA spot show before, looked intriguing (I also have a feeling the show was from late '92 as opposed to '93).  Alpha65 was a pretty big-time collector back in the day but I don't know where he got the disc from and his list was the only one I ever saw it on.

On 4/23/2021 at 7:50 PM, Jetlag said:

Creepy Japanese handheld guy is back online, and he seems to be doing Google Drive filesharing now. He hasn't responded to my email, though. Too bad because he seems to have a pile of hard to come by joshi footage.

If you ever get in contact with that guy, let me know.

Does anyone have this hair match with Sangre Chicana and El Faraon? I've been looking for about a decade or so now.

I had a highlights clip of it done by the company but I lost that with my HDD crash. Someone upped a slew of their matches about a year back but, like an idiot, I never downloaded them in time (only 2 are left on Youtube). I 100% know that Rob Viper has it, he's the only one I've ever seen review it, but he ignores all of my messages pleading to get it. I'm literally willing to throw money here. Anyone?

I made a GIF from the highlight clip here, this is all I have left:

https://imgur.com/OtIGiVN

Speaking of rare lucha apuestas matches:

http://www.thecubsfan.com/cmll/2014/03/21/robin-hood-versus-shu-el-guerrero/

I reached out to cubs on this and he said that he never had permission to share it and he wasn't even sure if he still had it.

It was on my mind for GWE reasons, not because either guy would necessarily rank but because my approach has SHU as an acronym and because I'm challenging people to really say that Goldberg was better than Robin Hood (let alone six other Brazos). I'd still like to see the thing someday though.

Roy Lucier is on a UWA uploading frenzy. Perhaps he has it?

They had a title match back in 1992 with one of the most deflating endings to a match I've ever seen. Not that the match was any good, mind you, so I'm not holding my breath for the apuesta.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2021 at 2:50 PM, Jetlag said:

Creepy Japanese handheld guy is back online, and he seems to be doing Google Drive filesharing now. He hasn't responded to my email, though. Too bad because he seems to have a pile of hard to come by joshi footage.

Definitely worth following up with him, especially if he will deal using Google Drive.

Over several years, I got over over 200 discs from him, full of AJW TV and handhelds from 1978 thru 1991.  Based on the lists he has, There is a LOT more to get from 80 to 89.

He is difficult to deal with (at least it was difficult for me), but I don't know any anyone who has the AJW footage he has.

Keep us posted.

Dan Ginnetty