Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 04/26 - 05/02 Roman Reigns fans are the smartest in the world

KawadaSmile

I don't want to speak for the good bubba, but I think the match is going to depend on what WWE think Bryan's plans are. If they think he's leaving to finally have his Five Star World Tour we might see a quick, decisive (if not a squash) type match. If they think he's staying we may get an actual good, long match. 

I honestly wish Bryan never has a match after this. Going out getting fridged for Cesaro in an excellent match against his career-best rival, the guy who is as clear the top guy in WWE in 2021 as has been since Cena in 2012, is perfectly poetic.

Thought the main was tremendous .  Loved the targeted limb work by Bryan and Roman was great in selling he was having problems with his right arm.  Also loved the dominate comeback from Roman, twice going for those ground and pounds into a big powerbomb to turn the tide back in his favour.  Also a welcome relief that Roman has won one of his title matches clean; I don't mind having the Jey run ins every now and then, but when it's every match it has less impact.  

So glad these two got to have 3 matches with each other this year after they showed good chemistry with one another six years earlier at Fastlane 2015.

12 hours ago, Jmare007 said:

Goddamn, sounds like an epic fight in Attack on Titan. This dude is gonna be a MASSIVE babyface when he turns...hopefully in no less than 2 years.

The reaction Roman got at Mania should have disabused people of the idea that he'll ever be a superstar babyface. For a lot of fans, it's not just his booking or his character they're hostile to. They genuinely hate him as a wrestler. Others are going to automatically reject anyone they perceive to be the company's hand-picked choice as the top guy. The only way I see fans coming around on him is if, like Cena, he reinvents himself as a PWG wrestler while a new guy comes along to serve as an avatar of fan resentment.

45 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

The reaction Roman got at Mania should have disabused people of the idea that he'll ever be a superstar babyface. For a lot of fans, it's not just his booking or his character they're hostile to. They genuinely hate him as a wrestler. Others are going to automatically reject anyone they perceive to be the company's hand-picked choice as the top guy. The only way I see fans coming around on him is if, like Cena, he reinvents himself as a PWG wrestler while a new guy comes along to serve as an avatar of fan resentment.

Hard disagree. Once live crowds are back we'll see how long they last booing him. The Mania crowd booed Bryan too because they loved Edge so much.

11 hours ago, MoS said:

I honestly wish Bryan never has a match after this. Going out getting fridged for Cesaro in an excellent match against his career-best rival, the guy who is as clear the top guy in WWE in 2021 as has been since Cena in 2012, is perfectly poetic.

Nah, he can do it again in 5 or 10 years when the new guys comes along :lol:

I was thinking while watching Smackdown, how much credit should Paul Heyman be given for this Roman Revitalization?  Obviously Roman's put in the work, but this run has been remarkable for not having any typical WWE nonsense like things coming off as forced. Paul has that magic power of somehow getting Vince to allow people he's associated with book their own shit, and it made me wonder how much he's been acting like a buffer to keep the usual meddling hands away. 

14 hours ago, sek69 said:

I was thinking while watching Smackdown, how much credit should Paul Heyman be given for this Roman Revitalization?  Obviously Roman's put in the work, but this run has been remarkable for not having any typical WWE nonsense like things coming off as forced. Paul has that magic power of somehow getting Vince to allow people he's associated with book their own shit, and it made me wonder how much he's been acting like a buffer to keep the usual meddling hands away. 

A report from PWInsider from just this week that might clear things up. Yes, Heyman is very much involved with Roman's Creative. But also is Michael Hayes:

In an update on changes behind the scenes within WWE, PWInsider.com reported yesterday that in recent weeks, Adam Pearce has moved up in terms of responsibilities behind the scenes.  We confirmed this morning that Pearce's new title is Director of Live Events. 

In the past, that role has usually meant overseeing live events and touring creative and lineups, so it's another sign that WWE is preparing strategies for returning to the road.    This would have been a role previously filled by Michael Hayes, who in recent months, has been working on producing many of the main event matches and angles for Roman Reigns on the Smackdown brand.   So, it's a case of Hayes putting his expertise elsewhere and Pearce moving up the ladder.

PWInsider.com is told that Pearce would also still be producing matches in his new role and overseeing other producers alongside Jason Jordan.  We are told that under the new hierarchy, he would fall under John Laurinaitis' umbrella.

In recent weeks, there have been a number of changes to WWE's corporate makeup, including a number of departures as well as increased power for WWE President Nick Khan and CFO Kristina Salen, who we are told are now overseeing different divisions that in prior regimes, those in their positions did not directly oversee.  As we have previously reported, Vince McMahon has given the duo, to quote the late Stan Lee, great power and great responsibility, and they are using it to create sweeping change within WWE HQ and beyond. 

Interesting. I never thought i'd see Vince let anyone else have that kind of power within the company. It's always been his MO to only give folks the minimum amount needed to do their jobs, and in some cases not even that much. 

On 4/30/2021 at 11:33 AM, Jmare007 said:

So bubba @KawadaSmile how much time you think they are giving Roman and D-Bry? Do they try to have a MOTYC to send DB off to parenthood or they go more storyline heavy so Cesaro can step up for Backlash?

Need to catch up to it, but it seems Cesaro being a top challenger is the best use of him in a while. Maybe they'll even give him a run, who knows.