Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 05/03 - 05/09 Big Roman made little Bryan humble.

KawadaSmile

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God, Eva Marie sucks and always has. A bunch of fans acting like looking pretty and doing a catwalk on the ramp somehow constitutes "character work", which is one of the most baffling takes I have ever seen. Jillian Hall was better than Eva Marie  

Just now, KawadaSmile said:

I never really understood the hate she got. I mean, she was wrestling for NXT, the then developmental brand, and wrestled like someone in her position - a rookie. When she arrived at SmackDown she was really good at being a heat magnet. She didn't even wrestle!

The fact that she was terrible whenever she did wrestle might have something to do with it. Plenty of green as goose shit wrestlers who show more talent and balance/co-ordination in their first month of training. We have seen a ton of people debut in the last few years and become good. Her problem wasn't that she was new; it was that she wasn't good

21 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

I'm not even trolling, I thought she was passable. People at Full Sail convinced themselves she was gonna beat Bayley for the belt and it was just so damn good.

She was passable in the Divas era, she was in NXT when all the women there were fucking outstanding and the heat she got was 100% because the NXT crowd was afraid the company was going to put their hand picked Barbie doll on top at a time when there were great women's matches on every Takeover. She was basically female babyface Roman except they leaned in to  her being a heel. 

15 hours ago, Tenese Sarwieh said:

Wonder if they'll link her up with Brian Kendrick again?

She posted a few pictures of her with new signing Parker Boudreaux and I'd be damned if I didn't say that this duo doesn't intrigue me.

Maybe we should stop supporting Eva Marie for her so-called character work and "working the crowd", unless by "working the crowd" we mean "allow the crowd to be terrified that the hot MAGA girl might just get pushed" (of course by that logic and standard, every flop character in wrestling history was also just 'working the crowd') and by character work, we simply mean "I am an asshole who looks good, please notice me!!"

I am sure there is a correlation between Eva Marie fans and those who like to 'just ask questions' in order to attempt to hide preposterous bad faith takes. Eva Marie looks good. That's it. Being physical stunning is not charisma. She was terrible in the ring and all of her promos were robotic. She was a Divas era hire while the fans wanted something more. Eva represented the old way and her on screen presentation had some fear she was going to become the new template for future hiring and on screen presentation.  She had the bad kind of heat that, at some point, was mistaken and eventually accepted by some as the good type of heat. I am not sure why they re-hired her. She is yet another MAGA, anti-mask, anti-vax, conspiracy theorist liability.

To be fair,  WWE has become so radicalized that just being a garden variety MAGA idiot doesn't even crack the top ten in the company anymore. She can still fuck off, don't get me wrong, but I can see how her past can be forgotten with all the rampant nuttery being allowed to run wild.