Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 05/03 - 05/09 Big Roman made little Bryan humble.

KawadaSmile

3 hours ago, Strummer said:

Meltzer is saying that WWE is pushing hard to re-sign Bryan.

if he re-signs with a huge contract it probably means he'll get pushed in the main event scene even stronger to justify the big money. Well you would think that anyway 

I don't know. Seems to me his last contract they gave him a lot of what he wanted. If they are "pushing hard" I guess this time around they'll let him work NXT and any WWE- partnered promotion he feels like working for a couple of matches?

He's gonna be pushed in the main roster because he's a 10 year veteran in the company that's constantly over and make shit work, it's kind of a no-brainer. He didn't even want to be in the WM main event and they book him there anyway :lol:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many of the WWE partnered promotions are even running shows or still active at all anymore? Seems like it is just UK or Euro promotions that are already fully co-opted by WWE or inactive. He should just go do what he wants to do wherever he wants to do it. There's no way they're going to not sign him back for whatever role he wants just because he went and did a run in NJ or AEW or something. If he wants to work Okada and Omega, he should go do it. He has all the power in the relationship with WWE. 

If he signs with WWE, there's no way they are going to allow him to wrestle anywhere than promotions they have a stake in. If anything, signing with WWE will burn a lot of the goodwill he has with fans who listened to him talk about having matches elsewhere for years but just ended up blue balling them every time, 

Think it was reported or Bryan said in a interview Brie was responsible for Bryan signing with the WWE last time. Guessing she will have a major influence on him this time too. Plus the Bella's are wanting back in the WWE at the moment, so would be surprised if he does leave and go elsewhere.

11 minutes ago, sek69 said:

If he signs with WWE, there's no way they are going to allow him to wrestle anywhere than promotions they have a stake in. If anything, signing with WWE will burn a lot of the goodwill he has with fans who listened to him talk about having matches elsewhere for years but just ended up blue balling them every time, 

The amount of fans that not only know about that, but that could get pissed at him for not doing it is too damn small to matter.

It must be rough for him, he clearly loves wrestling to a degree most can only imagine (see how he broke down after his retirement speech), but obviously he has to put his family needs first. 

I'm sure deep down he wants to go all over the world and have the best matches possible against the best every country has to offer, but also knowing he has to make the most money he can for his kids (which is normally not something he's concerned about since he famously lives a low cost life) which means staying with WWE and missing out on crossing off his bucket list items.

I'm pretty sure they have enough money for 10 generations. And yeah, It would be dissapointing if he re-signs with WWE after all his talking  during the past few weeks about him wanting to wrestle somewhere else, his approach to wrestling as an art (especially when he tinks that WWE is a parody of wrestling), wanting to have "the perfect match" and all of that. His words will not sound credible anymore.

52 minutes ago, Gramsci said:

I'm pretty sure they have enough money for 10 generations. And yeah, It would be dissapointing if he re-signs with WWE after all his talking  during the past few weeks about him wanting to wrestle somewhere else, his approach to wrestling as an art (especially when he tinks that WWE is a parody of wrestling), wanting to have "the perfect match" and all of that. His words will not sound credible anymore.

Hi literally said the same thing last time around too and no one gave a damn once he had an ROH-lite run with the WWE title. I honestly don't see people resenting him just because he chose a steadier paycheck and is gonna show up 5-10 times a year to have great matches.

It is his decision and I fully expect him to re-sign, but I don't understand this idea that he can only make huge money for his family in WWE. This is not 2011 anymore. There are other promotions making money. Not even close to as much as WWE makes, but if Daniel fucking Bryan is on the market, you can bet your ass that these promoters will find a way to throw as much money at him as he wants

The Bellas are the cornerstones for WWE's reality show empire. Bryan has been pulling in two separate checks as a result, both as a wrestler and a performer on Total Divas/Total Bellas. So that's something to consider.

Also, he may just want to go home for a while and spend more time with his wife and kids. 

I'm not saying that fans will get mad about him for re-signing with WWE, it's just wrestling, I hope everyone eats his dinner before going to bed, even if his soccer team loses the finals of the Champions League. What I'm saying is that now he has the chance to do what he says he wants to, and has the freedom to choose (without the obligation of being grateful to them for clearing him). He and his wife are rich, and they will be making a lot of money even without WWE, so I don't think this is one of the main reasons he will consider when making his decision.

After all the interviews and rumors, we will se if he really wants to do what he says he wants to do because he's in that position right now (being able to wrestle everywhere, approach wrestling as an art and not a parody, control his own schedule, etc). 

I don't whant to say "hypocrite", but it comes a little hypocrite when you can choose and you end up choosing a company that is everything (almost) you stand against, from a wrestling and social standpoint.

He was trying to use the Pillman deal as an example of someone who made their decision solely based on who gave him the most money, and may have had regrets about it later on. I think  that might explain the "Did he buy a Humvee" line.

If I'm doing the usual read between the lines Meltzer translation, it seemed to me like he was saying Bryan went with the money the last time he signed and maybe he was second guessing that choice now. 

Really interesed with what they do with Cesaro tonight. He's not gonna have Bryan to cut a promo for him and after last week, he needs an emotional promo or a sick beating to get things going. So far they've tried to put him in the best position posible, I hope that continues to be the case.