Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite BLOOD AND GUTS - May 5, 2021

MoS

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, strobogo said:

Jericho fucking sucks in this. Dude literally blatantly holding the blade in his hand the whole time up there. Looking gassed to hell before he even did any spots.

Well he cost his team the match, so in a way it played into the story

Man that looked terrible. Lmao. Jericho was so bad. Does he not realize he's on TV and everyone can see him blatantly calling his spots and blatantly getting his blade and blatantly holding it for MINUTES waiting to use it for a spot, blatantly getting into position and telling people to get into position? 

1 minute ago, strobogo said:

Man that looked terrible. Lmao. Jericho was so bad. Does he not realize he's on TV and everyone can see him blatantly calling his spots and blatantly getting his blade and blatantly holding it for MINUTES waiting to use it for a spot, blatantly getting into position and telling people to get into position? 

That’s on production more than anything else: Nobody knew how to shoot this match to avoid things like that. 

That big bump was comical, but otherwise it was an excellent match. I know a lot of people are down on the finish, but I thought it made perfect sense, and I liked the fact that the worst guy in the match was the guy who decisively fucked up and cost his team the match 

Just now, Timbo Slice said:

That’s on production more than anything else: Nobody knew how to shoot this match to avoid things like that. 

There's no way to hide Jericho dropping selling completely and literally pointing people to spots they need to be in for the next spot or holding is hand up with the blade in it for 2 minutes while in a submission other than to just not have the cameras on him.

1 minute ago, Timbo Slice said:

The fact this wasn’t on PPV absolutely killed the momentum, and the crash pad was bush league…sigh. The first part of the match really had a good rhythm though. Just got killed dead. 

The commercials sucked, but I really don't get the take that the match got killed cuz of them. The entire match upto the last break, with the Inner Circle decisively getting the better of Pinnacle, was absolutely crazy and excellent. The last 1/4th of the match slowed due to the cagetop fighting and Jericho being slower than soil erosion, but the idea that the match got "killed dead" when it had excellent action and a finish that strongly put over MJF is completely alien to me

Just now, Enforcer said:

I had no problem with the commercial breaks and I don’t care about the crash pad so I loved the hell out of this match. Finish was great and it made me want to see a rematch. 

Yeah I thought the crash pad was funny but "bush league"? I have been seeing this happen on all crazy bumps since the attitude era. Wrestlemania 17 had a much more comical "holy shit" bump when Taker chokeslammed Hunter through 3 feet of air onto a crash pad. Pretty much every match on a big stage in the last 20 years have used crash pads, and they have all been visible. Perhaps not as easily as this one, but it has always been fairly obvious to anyone watching. 

Same thing with the commercials. They sucked and they definitely hurt, but the match I thought was excellent despite them. Plus, the entire reason they put this on TV was to sell ads to advertisers and prove themselves to be a valuable TV product. It is an inevitability. 

3 minutes ago, MoS said:

That big bump was comical, but otherwise it was an excellent match. I know a lot of people are down on the finish, but I thought it made perfect sense, and I liked the fact that the worst guy in the match was the guy who decisively fucked up and cost his team the match 

The finish was fine and really probably the best thing they could have done, particularly for the MJF character. The execution was laughable dogshit not unlike the barbed wire match dud. They have to stop with these big stunt bumps, they've looked minor league every single time.

I will say this though, while the finish worked for me in the sense that it showed Jericho getting outsmarted and being the weak link, going to the cage top when the entire idea of War Games is that you are trapped and the only way to win is submit or surrender. Kind of makes the gimmick useless and superfluous, although of course Hell in a Cell saw plenty of escapes too