Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Wrestlemania Backlash Strikes Back!

KawadaSmile

I looked up the card. There were six matches. Three of which I thought sounded pretty good on paper. Both women's matches & the Roman Vs. Cesaro matches. That's well above average for me interest wise for a modern WWE card. 

Since WWE switched from WWE Network to NBC Peacock, I have not bothered with it yet though. Despite how I used to frequently put on old school wrestling shows for background noise on the second monitor when working from home or messing around online. Lately though, it's like, I already pay for Disney Plus, Amazon Prime, Hulu & Netflix. HBO Max & Shudder are both in the queue as well. Do I need NBC Peacock too? It's getting to be just as bad as cable at this point. 

It's not even that I'm not willing to pay for streaming services but when I want to watch a movie & check on six different sites & none of them have it, and I keep paying for services I'm not using very often with more constantly popping up, it's honestly just easier to pirate shit. I pay for Spotify Premium just to remove the commercials, so it's not a cost thing. It's a convenience thing for me. WWE made the Network less convenient for me. 

Maybe I'll wait to hear some word of mouth or check some out on Wreddit but I hate that they switched. I hate it.

I totally forgot about the pre-show and missed most of Sheamus vs. Ricochet.

Glad to see Ricochet on PPV, especially in a title situation, but matches with such a foregone conclusion do little for me.

Hopefully this is building toward a rematch though. 

That opening match was surprisingly mediocre. I'm a fan of all three women, but nothing seemed to click. A lot of the sequences looked fake, sloppy and you could tell they were all having an off-night. Also, there was no way that Charlotte was taking the fall if she wasn't winning. 

I forgot that you couldn't rewind on the new and improved Network, so I missed Sheamus/Ricochet and Asuka/Ripley/Charlotte. I'll go back and pick those up later. I came in time for the Mysterios/Dawgs tag and loved it. Awesome tag and a great classic Rey performance. Ziggler/Roode are really good in this tag team. 

https://segundacaida.blogspot.com/2021/05/wwe-backlash-running-late-blog-51621.html